(Topic ID: 38273)

NGG, Great, but could be so much better...

By dgpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PStudart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201025_211248 (resized).jpg
ngg-caddyshack.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_crazed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from skov:

It seems like on mine that when the ball exits the pops without hitting any other switches the kickback will fire - lit or not.

I kinda like this as the ball sometimes take a bad bounce out of the inlane when going through the "four post guide" just below the pop area.

I always felt this was by design of the software, it does not always give you the kickback, maybe designed to help a player not doing so well?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Tonight I noticed on my third ball that the ballsaver timed out as soon as I plunged the ball.

Never played the game, to my shame, but are you sure that's not just a Lawlor thing? He's not known for timed ball saves.

It is very consistent on third ball, I think it is by design as well, like TheLaw points out, P-Law is not really known for ball save timers or gimmes, I think if TAF had ball save timers, the game would be a touch too easy.

Overall I think NGG is a pretty polished rule set, another update would have been nice and may have, as the OP stated, pushed this game into the top 10-20, but I think it is the theme that keeps it down.

Change the theme only slightly to Caddyshack, easy top ten. The voice of Rodney Dangerfield alone would have propelled this game to beyond greatness, imagine Chevy Chase, Bill Murray and Ted Knight quotes as well. The quotes from that movie were awesome, Bill Murray chasing the gopher, priceless!

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think that the gopher theme is great. Gopher antics and banter makes it timeless, rather than basing on what was already an old, albeit classic, movie.

I agree, I personally love the gophers theme, but I have had people tell me they love the theme and others tell me they hated it. Caddyshack may have grabbed more of the people who do not like golf but did love the movie and characters. This may be the only case I can think of where a licensed theme may have actually done better, popularity wise, then a non-licensed theme.

Of course, I am only basing that theory on the fact most everyone in my age group knows of and loved Caddyshack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_crazed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-great-but-could-be-so-much-better?tu=pin_crazed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.