NGG ball lock issues

By out_of_order

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello pinsiders,
We have had trouble with a NGG on location for quite a while. The left lock shot, under the gopher ramp, rejects a high percentage of the shots and the ball will unfortunately return and a lot of times go STDM. This is happening when the gopher is down. The backtrap assembly bracket looks fine as nothing is broken or bent. Yesterday , I tried adjusting the height of the gopher and still had the same issues. The other tech at the location, thinks the issue is with the top of the gopher(the metal plate). He thinks there may be an issue with the spring in the gopher assembly. I see where both gophers do have some spring movement in them, probably when the ball strikes them. This had worked fine for quite a while and now is pretty bad. Has anybody else run into this problem ? Both gopher ramps work fine. Does the top of the gopher slow down the ball ?
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated !!

#2 5 years ago

I don't own the game anymore but I remember there is a specific adjustment described in the manual.

I had a similar issue with lock rejects and it took 5 minutes to adjust it and the problem was gone. I believe I had to loosen a nut beneath to adjust, similar to adjusting magnet cores beneath playfields.

It was very simple.

#3 5 years ago

I had this problem. Dial the plate down a little. It's just an adjustment issue

#4 5 years ago

This is the metal plate on top of the gopher. It needs to be flush with the pf. Happened to me on location, too.

As long as the plate isn’t loose or gone, you can adjust this without removing anything. Just tweak the screw on the bottom of the gopher mech itself to raise or lower the whole gopher.

#5 5 years ago

thanks, I will give this a try

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (OBO)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-ball-lock-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.