Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

On my NGG it shows the skill shot as trying to kit the left target on the left side. I noticed that if I smack the handle really hard to lauch the ball instead of pulling it back I can get the ball up the left ramp to drop the hole in one ramp. Is my spring weak and not allowing the ball up the left side or is it not supposted to do go there and I am forcing it? Anybody know?

If you are wondering, I have to smack it hard enought that I do not like to do it often.

#2 13 years ago

The spring in your plunger shoot be strong enough to get the ball up the ramp and try for a "hole in one" skill shot. No smacking required (this could damage your plunger or bend the rod, as with anything too much force is never good).

My NGG has a spring a bit like the one in TOTAN or TZ - I always call them "soft springs". If I pull it out almost full it will often make the ramp. Pull out half and it will take down the drop target. It really takes some skill so I guess it's the correct spring for a skill shot.

#3 13 years ago

Sounds like my spring is "shot" no pun intended, but had to leave it. Looks like another issue to fix. One of the problems with having multiple machines. I know it is a terrible problem and many of you would take machines to help me out. I will just have to live with the problem.

#4 13 years ago

I would be more than happy to give you what you paid for the NGG and CP, problems and all.

#5 13 years ago

On NGG you should be able to plunge the ball up the left ramp. Make sure you have the correct shooter spring (10-148-1, Medium-High). Also you can adjust the metal rail on the right side of the shooter lane to get a clean shot at the ramp. You adjust it from underneath.

#6 13 years ago

Copy, I think I will order a new spring to see if it is stiffer than the one installed now. My guess is that the current spring is weak. You guys confirmed my suspicions.

SealClubber is the closest guy I know to me. He would probably beat you guys to them if they were to ever go.

#7 13 years ago

Oh, I better be the first person you call if you decide to sell. Especially the Gofers. And I will double, no wait, triple what you paid for them. lol.

1 month later
#8 12 years ago

Got a new spring (thanks to sealclubber) and the ball does get up the left ramp. I can try for a hole in one everytime.
Thank you guys,

#9 12 years ago

Good news, enjoy the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,800 (OBO)
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ngg-ball-launchskill-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.