(Topic ID: 55812)

NFS: Metallica LE NNIB - Aka: I love my LE (for those that can't take a joke)

By fattrain

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Premium_cards.pdf (PDF preview)
Pro_cards.pdf (PDF preview)
MoPLE_cards.pdf (PDF preview)
image.jpg
CONG.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Welcome to my "Not For Sale" post about my "Not New In Box" MOPLE.

I figured with the flood of people looking to cash in right now this could be a place where people who actually opened and play their game can come and share the love

The code is still very early on and I'm already loving the hell out of this game! The light show is already cool and the metal ramps to wireforms feel like butter! (MmMmMMMmm... Butter)

Had a few rockin' games last night and posted some pretty decent scores

#2 10 years ago

I hadn't been playing mine for a week cuz my front drop target broke....waiting for the replacement. But, I really wanted to try the new code...so, F it, I put some painters tape over the drop target hole, disabled the drops in the menu - and played the crap out of it. I miss the drops right now, but otherwise it's still fun as f*ck, and some of the subtle changes in the new code are really cool.

Has anyone besides me changed Game Adj #18 to "YES"? It keeps your insert progress from ball to ball instead of resetting it. This game is REALLY hard IMO...and changing this setting makes me feel like I can accomplish a bit more & I have a decent chance of getting to Seek and Destroy.

#3 10 years ago

I'll have to check that adjustment out. I agree with you it's a pretty hard game and the left outlane is brutal because there's no rubber on the bottom half of it. Good times though. The games that got me the scores posted above gave me hope of doing big things in this game eventually once I learn the in's and out's.

#4 10 years ago

Glad you're enjoying the game and all.

Not a cool title. It's sarcastic, obvious and not very clever. I know you're screaming for attention and all but really just title your threads accurately. It keeps things running smooth. For example, I'd have never posted something "Negative" in your precious passive aggressive thread that's "positive".

ehhtss tss

EDIT, YAY 14 Thumbs down!

#5 10 years ago

I like the title....congrats on the new addition!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Has anyone besides me changed Game Adj #18 to "YES"? It keeps your insert progress from ball to ball instead of resetting it. This game is REALLY hard IMO...and changing this setting makes me feel like I can accomplish a bit more & I have a decent chance of getting to Seek and Destroy.

This idea was shot down by my wife. "Play the game the way Stern built it!", or something close was her response. The code update (although minor) does tweak things nicely. The lights, artwork, ramps, toys....etc., speak for themselves. Playability, wow, they hit a home run.

Randy (WNflyer)

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from WNflyer:

This idea was shot down by my wife. "Play the game the way Stern built it!", or something close was her response.

That is how they built it...they included the option!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That is how they built it...they included the option!

Very true. Hey, talk to her, I'm not the one that gets the high scores around here

I do believe that there is also a "family" friendly setting......that's useless too if you invite McCune over to play

Randy

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Not a cool title. It's sarcastic, obvious and not very clever. I know you're screaming for attention and all but really just title your threads accurately. It keeps things running smooth. For example, I'd have never posted something "Negative" in your precious passive aggressive thread that's "positive".
ehhtss tss

I love everything about the title and thread. I have a Pro, that I have led'ed up to the max and I too share the same enthusiasm as fattrain! I bought mine for two reasons, I love pinball and I love the shit out of Metallica! This pin is the perfect pin for me. The light show is amazing, gameplay, although early, is ridiculously addicting and every update keeps getting better and better. Fattrain, congrats on getting the LE, that machine looks sick with the master of puppets art. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

#10 10 years ago

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but mine isn't for sale either

I haven't switched adj 18, but I just moved the outlane posts to the non-brutal position. Having even more fun now.

#11 10 years ago

I thought about making that adjustment myself but the game is on 5 ball right now so everyone playing it can get a good feel for the game so I opted out. When I change it to 3 ball I will likely make the switch.

This game is brutal and fun. I find that I have to nudge it much more tha other games to keep the ball in play.

Congrats on the great scores Justin!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Not a cool title. It's sarcastic, obvious and not very clever.

Ouch. The game or the thread? Either way, the lack of sugarcoating of your feelings is refreshing and novel, especially for Pinside. Oh, wait, sorry---I thought this was the WOZ page.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Congrats on the great scores Justin!

Thanks brutha! My game is currently set up with all 3-ball stock settings except for No Replay value & special is set to extra ball.

#14 10 years ago

Good title, lightens things up a little around here.
I would not say there's a "flood" of people selling them though really?

Have fun with it!

#15 10 years ago

Any feedback on the Pro model ?

#16 10 years ago

You could also title this- AKA: no one was willing to pay my 15k asking price on ebay

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hadn't been playing mine for a week cuz my front drop target broke....waiting for the replacement. But, I really wanted to try the new code...so, F it, I put some painters tape over the drop target hole, disabled the drops in the menu - and played the crap out of it. I miss the drops right now, but otherwise it's still fun as f*ck, and some of the subtle changes in the new code are really cool.

Couple things. First, I think you can strategize seek and destroy during your multiballs. This has been my strategy anyway. I thought the game was really hard at first but am not thinking as much now.

Second, if you remove the broken drop target so the game thinks its in the up position, it shouldn't machine gun trying to reset it. Then can't you play with the drops enabled?

#18 10 years ago

I think I got a prototype game. My machine has a special magnet that sends the ball directly to the left outlane as soon as I start Seek and Destroy.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks brutha! My game is currently set up with all 3-ball stock settings except for No Replay value & special is set to extra ball.

Caved! Still like the old title better...what a nice game

CONG.jpgCONG.jpg

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing worse than when a game isn't functioning properly. My bell opto kaputted on my ACDC and I haven't played it since. No point.

In saying that, my coffin lock still isn't working properly on my MET LE and I keep playing that. But I have only had 4x coffin multiballs so far as it only locks 10% of balls. Dohhhh

Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't found it too hard ... But I like fast games I guess. My advice - Just like ACDC - don't hit the ramp standups, they come back at you twice as fast. It can be frustrating when the ball bounces off the left centre inlane and bounces down the left Outlane. I had a 100m ball last night and this is what ended it. You may have heard my outburst in California ...

I was saying to someone last night, MET will get some monster scores put on it when the top players get used to it. It has some killer speed from those metal ramps. The rule set is already approaching awesome (the snake addaball 2x is genius) so I'm sure with another 4 weeks work Lyman is going to make this game a must have.

Now, if only Stern would answer my emails about the coffin lock ....

rd.

#21 10 years ago

Mine will never be for Sale!

This Machine Puts a smile on my face everyday,somedays i really need it,

MetallicA and Pinball is the summum for me just like some people screem
for a Iron maiden or something else...i got my Dream Pinball has a huge fan
of Pinball and the Band.

I would love to see a Maiden pinball also,would be cool to see how they would
work around Eddie !

#22 10 years ago

I resized some of the art from the Stern Facebook page for pricing/rule cards.
I am going with orange flipper rubbers for both. I was just seeing which I liked better on the photo.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I am going with orange flipper rubbers for both. I was just seeing which I liked better on the photo.

Very nice black bone flipper bats! A great touch....nice looking apron too

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

ehhtss tss

Thumbs down for your stupid post.

#25 10 years ago

I like the CARDS!

#26 10 years ago

You have a heck of a nice lineup.

I'm loving the flow and layout of the game. The game is harder than I thought it would be but it is fun. I had the joy of installing mirror blades today. I am being sarcastic.

The rules are good and yet there is still so much more to program on the game.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Lookin' good!

Any chance you can share those resized cards? I'd love to print them out for my game.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Lookin' good!
Any chance you can share those resized cards? I'd love to print them out for my game.

I have tried to attach a Pdf. Hope it works for you.

#29 10 years ago

Here is a set of the Pro & Premium cards.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Here is a set of the Pro & Premium cards.

Wow.... those cards look fantastic.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

ehhtss tss

Making friends fast aren't we?

By the way, Chad from NC, THIS is a troll post.

#33 10 years ago

No, I just don't enjoy passive aggressive stuff. I made tons of new Pinside acquaintances last weekend. This is the internet but lately Pinside seems like a battle of circle jerks between JJP, Stern, ACDC vs Metallica VS pro Vs LE and collectors VS people who flip machines. I come here to read about pinball not a battle of having to prove my opinion is of the majority. As much as I bashed XM pro and the code issue I had an opportunity to grab a Metallica pro and I did as much as I said I wouldn't ever buy another Stern unseen (I know this is an LE thread). I might be a bit harsh at times on here but only to change things up a bit. I love the game. I just think that people have felt that the pro is the best value with Metallica so far so a lot of LE's are being put up for sale. I'm not a troll or anything and I accept when I'm wrong. XM code came real late and it was hard to wonder what was coming but it's a great improvement and gave them credit for that. The Le's were for sale, imho, to minimize loss if the LE keeps it's reputation as the worst value, although I haven't been reading too much.

Quoted from eggbert52:

Making friends fast aren't we?
By the way, Chad from NC, THIS is a troll post.

#34 10 years ago

Pro is great....LE is great....Pinball is great!

Mine is still in the box, but I promise, once it is opened....it is staying put!
It is killing me not opening it!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Sorry but Pro is 25th on top 100 so that just makes it decent. The LE is ranked #1 so that makes it the best ever... how am I doing?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

This is the internet but lately Pinside seems like a battle of circle jerks between JJP, Stern, ACDC vs Metallica VS pro Vs LE and collectors VS people who flip machines.

I feel this way also sometimes, but your prior comment doesn't help make this a better place.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Mine is still in the box, but I promise, once it is opened....it is staying put!
It is killing me not opening it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why won't you open it? The art is so well done on the playfield it's pretty difficult to spot out ball marks. Not worth letting it sit in the box for days on this one.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Why won't you open it? The art is so well done on the playfield it's pretty difficult to spot out ball marks. Not worth letting it sit in the box for days on this one.

LOL! I am not trying to "preserve" it by any means!! I am just trying to preserve my marriage (sometimes not sure why)....
I have only limited room and if I brought another pin in....she might kick me out! Right now my METLE is at a friends house - just sitting - waiting........the anticipation is killing me!
I am waiting on a buyer to come pick up my SWDE so I can finally get to playing my METLE!!!!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sorry but Pro is 25th on top 100 so that just makes it decent. The LE is ranked #1 so that makes it the best ever... how am I doing?

Maybe I can trade it for a MM then? I assume since it has dropped so far, prices will come down?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I thought this was a joke, so I had to check for myself, and sure enough: MET LE is currently ranked number 1!

I'm sure that a "correction" is on the way as I type this...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nfs-metallica-le-nnib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.