Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by YZRider926
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many fantasy teams do you have?”

• 1 or 2 7 votes
      70%
    • 3-5 2 votes
      20%
    • 6-10 0 votes
    • 11 or more 1 vote
      10%

(10 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Week 13 (resized).jpg
    standgins (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

This is for all things involved with the 2019 NFL fantasy football season.

Tell us about your league, buy in, # of leagues you're in, upcoming players, your favorite pro team, overrated players, draft strategy, previous fantasy football stories, etc.

#3 4 years ago

This is not an invitation to join a league or compete on pinside. It is a thread to share your own individual FF league info, insight, and comments/suggestions.

#4 4 years ago

I gave a few "for fun" leagues, but my main league is through my job.
    It is a 12 man league with a $100 buy in. Payouts are 800/300/100

This year I am drafting 9th.

My team is the Dallas Cowboys, but I usually have a tendency to avoid their players because I don't want my personal feelings to interfere.

I like to go strong at RB, but I'm not sure what will be left at ninth. I will need to start doing sone mocks. We draft late. 9/2 this year.

#5 4 years ago

Man 12 team leagues are rough...but I guess that's why they invented all that millennial flex position shit
    We still don't have a flex or IDP or a lot of that stuff, at some point it gets too nitpicky and it's no fun; like when you're adding up decimal points too much.
    I also like that we pull the draft order 5 minutes before the draft.

But I've said too much. Because as usual I need to start studying!

Quoted from Daditude:

My team is the Dallas Cowboys, but I usually have a tendency to avoid their players because I don't want my personal feelings to interfere.

Good thing aboot living in Lions country is people are always homering picks

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man 12 team leagues are rough...but I guess that's why they invented all that millennial flex position shit
    We still don't have a flex or IDP or a lot of that stuff, at some point it gets too nitpicky and it's no fun; like when you're adding up decimal points too much.
    I also like that we pull the draft order 5 minutes before the draft.
    But I've said too much. Because as usual I need to start studying!

Good thing aboot living in Lions country is people are always homering picks

We've got the homers, for sure. Lol

#7 4 years ago

10 team league.
    I have first pick in the draft!
    Saquon looks like a beast, probably snag him first.
    Standard league in our 20th year.

#8 4 years ago

Ha so you Remeber clipping stats section from the newspaper too huh
    Those were the days.

#9 4 years ago

Andrew Luck retired at 29. I hope no one on here drafted him.

#10 4 years ago

That's why we always wait till the weekend before to draft; retirements, knees blowing out etc.
    Of course that's why we charge for pick ups too

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's why we always wait till the weekend before to draft; retirements, knees blowing out etc.
    Of course that's why we charge for pick ups too

My main league dies the same. We will draft on 9/2

#12 4 years ago

If your picking 9th, you will likely have a shot at a top qb or wr or RB , I'd imagine your second pick will be early Rd 2? Then I'd take either one of the 2pos I didn't take Rd 1 or double dip

Qb is the highest scorer, but you can be damn good with a decent Qb and great backs an receivers

#13 4 years ago

Let some other dummy take Mahomes in the first round; QBs NEVER worth it.
    9th I'd almost be tempted to go 2 WR....it's hard to do after years and years of not even thinking aboot it, but that the times we're playing in.

#14 4 years ago

Pretty much my thoughts as well!

Hell I might go, Wr,Wr, RB,RB,Qb,Wr,Te.....

#15 4 years ago

Just don't draft any Falcon players, Matt Ryan can not hit a building with a ball.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Just don't draft any Falcon players, Matt Ryan can not hit a building with a ball.

He will be more accurate than Andrew luck this year....

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

He will be more accurate than Andrew luck this year....

Not by much.

#18 4 years ago

Considering Luck retired, it wouldn't take much lol

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Not by much.

Considering Luck retired, it wouldn't take much lol

I knew Luck retired, I was being funny. Ryan does do fair sometimes during the first half. But the whole team just does not play the second half.

#20 4 years ago

Are you sure your not describing my Bengals?

#21 4 years ago

Uh yeah....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#22 4 years ago

I need one more person to join our league. $35 optional buy-in. I encourage you to buy-in, so I can take your money

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/274158/invitation?key=fafe0800c9d3f9c0&ikey=3487f88d1ffb118f&dt=2019-08-03&rf=yh.inv.autorem

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Uh yeah....

I get it, this is a fantasy thing I have never done. Ryan can put up some #'s when it does not matter, when it does matter he chokes.

Ryan may or may not win you some stuff with the fantasy stuff, but I see the team going 8-8 at best this year.

The Falcons just do not play the 4th quarter period.

I really hope a lot of Mahomes games are on tv here this season, I like watching that kid and all the crazy throws he makes.

#24 4 years ago

I have 3 fantasy teams, all 12 man Ppr

My main league is a $100 buy in. I had the 9th pick. I got James conner and then odell beckham with the 16th

2 months later
    #25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I got James conner and then odell beckham with the 16th

Ouch huh? I got OBJ at 18 and what a bust. I think he's still on my team but I haven't seen or started him in 9 weeks so whatever.
    This keeps my streak of worthless 2nd round pics alive; so long I don't even remember when it started.
    Then again, taking Kamara with @ #3 instead of Mccaffery is learning experience.

It's been rough...but I can't say it isn;t getting interesting in my division
    standgins (resized).jpgstandgins (resized).jpg

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ouch huh? I got OBJ at 18 and what a bust. I think he's still on my team but I haven't seen or started him in 9 weeks so whatever.
    This keeps my streak of worthless 2nd round pics alive; so long I don't even remember when it started.
    Then again, taking Kamara with @ #3 instead of Mccaffery is learning experience.
    It's been rough...but I can't say it isn;t getting interesting in my division
    [quoted image]

How did either last til #3? I had them both pegged as top 2. I figured Mccaffery was gonna break if they rode him hard again this year.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

How did either last til #3?

Because drafts are full of weird people man.

Barkley, mahomes, kamara, elliot, Mccaffery, Davanta Addams...I mean by pick 7 everyone is reeling and just fucking confused.
    Chubb , connor, hopkins, kerryon Johnson

I could tell you aboot Rothlisburger going in round 3, 4th pick but it's even hard for me to believe.

Meanwhile Kamara is fucking around, OBJ it a major bust, and picking a late round QB backfired the only time in history for me. Never had a QB sitaution this badAnd I've been paying long enough to have Troy Aikman as my fucking starter!), and I can't even beat these jackwagons.

#28 4 years ago

My team has been a bit of a trainwreck but I've hobbled together some sketchy talent for a 3 game winning streak that just might carry me into the playoffs.

Quoted from TheLaw:

and picking a late round QB backfired the only time in history for me. Never had a QB sitaution this badAnd I've been paying long enough to have Troy Aikman as my fucking starter!)

Late picked QB's was my only saving grace. Grabbed Dak Prescott (currently #3 QB in our league) late in the draft and backed him up with Kyler Murray (currently #5 QB in our league) at the end and have been rotating them based on matchup .

#29 4 years ago

Usually it's no problem...and you're picking 2 late these days you're bound to get one decent one if not 2.

Fucking Carson Wentz & Jamis Winston. Now, mind you, Jamis was my back up and so bad I dropped him long ago, to pick up menshew, then Winston is ended up being the 5th ranked QB in my league; menshew benched. Now I'm starting Carr, but I also have foles.

Like I said....worst situation I've been in.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Usually it's no problem...and you're picking 2 late these days you're bound to get one decent one if not 2.
    Fucking Carson Wentz & Jamis Winston. Now, mind you, Jamis was my back up and so bad I dropped him long ago, to pick up menshew, then Winston is ended up being the 5th ranked QB in my league; menshew benched. Now I'm starting Carr, but I also have foles.
    Like I said....worst situation I've been in.

Yeah, that's bad. I have Kamara in one league and he's been solid enough other than the game where Brees f'd up his finger. I'm not gonna complain if he gets hurt again though as I also have Murray and he was an absolute stud in Kamara's absence.

I've had QB troubles in one of my leagues as well. I actually just dumped Foles in that league and am going to try to go with Darnold for the next 3 games and Jones for the last 2 (if I make it that far). Hoping the easy matchups help. I remember the Jets got hot late in the season last year. Maybe they will do it again?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Maybe they will do it again?

Couldn't ask for better than Cincy & Dolphins match ups

#32 4 years ago

Ok, I’m either gonna be real right or real wrong tonight. Playing Brissett, Hilton, and Pascal. If they repeat week 7, that’s ~80 points.

#33 4 years ago

Ouch...I'd guess HOU would be pissed aboot getting their dig in the dirt last week, but whom the shit knows; anything could happen.

#34 4 years ago

Welp, I was really wrong. Ha! Hopefully, the Steelers D can save me.

#35 4 years ago

interested to see what happens today, had a long back and forth either starting Robinson or Gallup today, last second I picked Robinson which is starting well at least.

#36 4 years ago

I had first pick in our draft and I picked Saqpus Barkley. What a bust that chump and the NYG have been.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

interested to see what happens today, had a long back and forth either starting Robinson or Gallup today, last second I picked Robinson which is starting well at least.

I just picked up Miller this week myself. My WRs have been horrible the last few weeks. Glad I played him. I really need a win.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I had first pick in our draft and I picked Saqpus Barkley. What a bust that chump and the NYG have been.

I always factor the coach when drafting players. I’d take Kamara or McCaffrey before Barkley. I took Kamara ahead of McCaffrey. I figured they would break McCaffrey as much as they use him. Eventually they will.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I always factor the coach when drafting players. I’d take Kamara or McCaffrey before Barkley. I took Kamara ahead of McCaffrey. I figured they would break McCaffrey as much as they use him. Eventually they will.

Yeah I’m kickin myself for not taking McCaffrey instead. Injuries are always a killer either way too and can ruin your season real quick.

#40 4 years ago

Kamara is almost useless.

#41 4 years ago

I am 10-2, locked into first place with a first round bye (so week 13 is essentially a "bye" for me as well). My only loses were close calls that I had mid-game injuries occur.

My QB (Lamar Jackson) has really helped me as well.
    I have a bevy of RBs, but that is wishy-washy right now with a couple of questions in backfield's.
    (Chris Carson, rashaad penny, josh Jacobs, James connor, devin singletary, jaylon samuels, Benny snell, jamaal Williams). At least I have a lot of depth.

My wide receivers are OBJ, dj chark, Tyler boyd, and Chris godwin.

Austin Hooper is in my IR slot (man! I hope he returns soon). I currently have noah fant as a fill-in. This is definitely the weakness of my team.

D/ST is the steelers
    K is Harrison butker

#42 4 years ago

That's the diff'rence of a good QB, we basically have the same team, except I have better RBs and I'm struggling.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Kamara is almost useless.

He's been alright in PPR. Murray was a beast for me when Kamara got injured though. I want those kinds of points every week.

#44 4 years ago

Oh PPR for sure, I never touch the stuff personally.

#45 4 years ago

How many ejections are we going to see in the Steelers/Browns game tomorrow?

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

How many ejections are we going to see in the Steelers/Browns game tomorrow?

Would have got out with none until Kitchins wore that shirt. Glad no Steelers starters are there to get knocked out. ouch

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Would have got out with none until Kitchins wore that shirt. Glad no Steelers starters are there to get knocked out. ouch

James Connor will not play. I just hope he gets healthy soon. It sucks to have to carry Samuels and Snell. That is one muddled backfield.

#48 4 years ago

Congratz if you made the playoffs! I just made it by the skin of my teeth in the Pinside league and I'll be in for my other league if I win my next matchup.

How are you folks doing this year?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Congratz if you made the playoffs!

Oh shut up

OK so to wrap it up....I missed the playoffs by how many weeks or games? Non, missed it by 11 points!
    You know that week you shoulda start that guy and didn't? Well probably any 18 of those would have got me in
    Week 13 (resized).jpgWeek 13 (resized).jpg

Also, a special Fuck you to CBS Sportsline for not making a correct schedule that no one noticed till Week 12. Should play everyone in your division twice and the other once; seems simple.

EDIT: Oh haha how could I forget, the last 2 weeks of the season I start Carr & Foles at QB, both pulled form the game with a combined 5 FUCKING POINTS. Sure sure I suck for starting them but come on.

#50 4 years ago

That sucks! We do a separate prize for the highest 'points for' total during the regular season. I had the highest total through most of last season until the very last game. Think I lost by ~3 points. I did win the championship though, so that was some consolation.

Darnold and Brees got me last week. I also had Jones and Brissett to plugin based on matchup. I dumped them both today and grabbed Fitzpatrick in both leagues. This has been a tough year for QBs and WRs for me.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nfl-fantasy-football-2019 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.