image (resized).jpeg
CD6A7C91-B5D7-4F62-A7EF-387495530CF8 (resized).jpeg
AC19C584-BB1E-4B8D-82DA-B27811B9EA6C (resized).jpeg
C7990081-7462-4633-9F64-B837DD7767FA (resized).jpeg
AFDEDF3D-006F-4ACB-8826-479E97C71DB6 (resized).jpeg
07D701DF-080C-4C57-93A5-856F471E7E42 (resized).jpeg
C9525FE0-410F-46C8-91BA-1B18BB74D742 (resized).jpeg
064E9AC3-86B2-4C3C-8E25-9681B4CEC471 (resized).jpeg

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

After buying best theme ever, the star wars LE i was extremely dissapointed. Now playing gotg le im still dissapointed.
So the best thing for me is the VE stern pins.

While im waiting for my potc jjp i want to buy a new pin.

Iwe recently played twd prem with sound update and really loved it.

Played ster trek LE and really loved it.

Both pins are extremely fun and well coded.

I have found a nib star trek pro, last one at the disturbuter, thinking about buying it.

Two questions, if i love everything about st le, will i be dissapointed on a pro? Or is it okey? Thinking about the price difference?? Not bling but gameplay wise?

Two, anybody know anything about this years VE remake?
Some say tron, others say star trek. I dont think it will be twd, thats too soon.

If anybody knows anything, please share with me before i buy the oldstock star trek nib

#2 6 years ago

Best guess is to look for popular games, currently out of production, and prices are high enough to show pent up demand.
After that, look at likely BOM for what would provide the highest profit margin.

Seems to me like Tron is the best likely candidate currently.
LOTR may also be, but prices have been pretty stable on those for years and still less than a NIBpro
TWD will come but not for a few years.

#3 6 years ago

I asked George Gomez at the TPF Stern Seminar if we would see another vault in 2018 and he said “I don’t remember”. No clue what to make of that

#4 6 years ago

This years vault is AC/DC luci.

Nothing wrong with buying an old ST PRO especially since it’s no longer in production. I prefer the LE, however, because the light show is THAT good and the left VUK flow killer on the pro irritates me to no end.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I have found a nib star trek pro, last one at the disturbuter, thinking about buying it.
Two questions, if i love everything about st le, will i be dissapointed on a pro? Or is it okey? Thinking about the price difference?? Not bling but gameplay wise?

Since you mention game play wise - The pro is just fine. The only real difference is the left scoop on the pro is a VUK. It's nice that the LE gives the ball to the left flipper via the ramp where the pro kicks it out of the scoop which can sometimes hit the top of the sling.

I personally prefer the pro style kick back though. With the prem/LE it kicks the ball back into play into the middle of the PF where it can be hard to get control of the ball. With the pro it just kicks another ball out the through and back into the pops for an easy feed.

The light show is awesome on the Pre/LE though. if you are concerned more about game play than the bling then you'll be just fine.

#6 6 years ago

They can do any game they want... as long as it's TRON.

#7 6 years ago

ST Pro is great and plays just like the Premium and LE. I don’t think you can go wrong there.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This years vault is AC/DC luci.
Nothing wrong with buying an old ST PRO especially since it’s no longer in production. I prefer the LE, however, because the light show is THAT good and the left VUK flow killer on the pro irritates me to no end.

Hmmmm, ive been told that a ve will come this year.
I also think it will be a tron, looks like its the most expensive pro on the marked.

VE are most welcome, i love that the VE made Lucys so much cheapper that i can afford one again. Lusys were really high pricewise not so long ago.

#9 6 years ago

First..You should’ve went with a Star Wars Pro Second...of course the next VE is Tron

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I asked George Gomez at the TPF Stern Seminar if we would see another vault in 2018 and he said “I don’t remember”. No clue what to make of that

That’s a “yes”

#11 6 years ago

I own a Star Trek pro and gameplay wise it’s about the same as premium/Le. If you can find a pro for sale, usually they are $2000-$3000 less than the Le. It’s actually my wife’s favorite pin

#12 6 years ago

Hi DEN,
don´t "remember" what will be the next Vault Edition either, but in case you think about buying a modded Tron Legacy for less than a VE let me know:
mine is for sale just around 999 Km´s from you... ;o)

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

First..You should’ve went with a Star Wars Pro Second...of course the next VE is Tron

No I should NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy a Stern Star wars LE. Its the best theme but extreme shitty gameplay. Dammit how can they ruin the best theme ever. My sw le is collecting dust.

Im a space nerd? St le was an awesome experience, does the pro have the same speakers/sound system?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Two questions, if i love everything about st le, will i be dissapointed on a pro?

Yes.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from tuneup1:

Hi DEN,
don´t "remember" what will be the next Vault Edition either, but in case you think about buying a modded Tron Legacy for less than a VE let me know:
mine is for sale just around 999 Km´s from you... ;o)

Thanks friend, i had tron, fun pin, but not int in another one right now

But if you have twd or st please let me know. Also if you wanna trade, i have few pins for trade.

Lovley T2?? Tz. Pz. Or a sw le under 50playes? Installed convulux plastic protector and playfield protector before ball one

064E9AC3-86B2-4C3C-8E25-9681B4CEC471 (resized).jpeg064E9AC3-86B2-4C3C-8E25-9681B4CEC471 (resized).jpeg

C9525FE0-410F-46C8-91BA-1B18BB74D742 (resized).jpegC9525FE0-410F-46C8-91BA-1B18BB74D742 (resized).jpeg

07D701DF-080C-4C57-93A5-856F471E7E42 (resized).jpeg07D701DF-080C-4C57-93A5-856F471E7E42 (resized).jpeg

AFDEDF3D-006F-4ACB-8826-479E97C71DB6 (resized).jpegAFDEDF3D-006F-4ACB-8826-479E97C71DB6 (resized).jpeg

C7990081-7462-4633-9F64-B837DD7767FA (resized).jpegC7990081-7462-4633-9F64-B837DD7767FA (resized).jpeg

AC19C584-BB1E-4B8D-82DA-B27811B9EA6C (resized).jpegAC19C584-BB1E-4B8D-82DA-B27811B9EA6C (resized).jpeg

#16 6 years ago

"St le was an awesome experience, does the pro have the same speakers/sound system?"

As far as i know "yes", but custom speech, music & speaker-upgrade are highly recommended anyway...

#17 6 years ago

"Thanks friend, i had tron, fun pin, but not int in another one right now
But if you have twd or st please let me know. Also if you wanna trade, i have few pins for trade.
Lovley T2?? Tz. Pz. Or a sw le under 50playes? Installed convulux plastic protector and playfield protector before ball one "

Thank you for your offers DEN,
just purchased a STLE about four months ago after playing Star Wars LE: Less quality-issues with SAM, better building quality and more gimmicks on the playfield and the cabinet made Star Trek a no-brainer for me...didn´t regret it, so i don´t see it leaving my cave the next years, sorry my friend... ;o)

#18 6 years ago

I’ve owned a lot games including Pros, Premiums and LEs. STLE is the only Stern LE I have ordered NIB from a distributor at the time of release. I personally think this game set the bar for how an LE should be done. It’s stunning in person.

That being said, it’s a lot of money and the pro model is a very fun game. Personally, I would buy the LE to keep and the pro to enjoy and move on to the next game in a year or so.

Great choice to have!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I bad at remembering the future too. Thanks George.

#20 6 years ago

I think LOTR is more likely 2023 for the 20th anniversary.

#21 6 years ago

I think a LOTR Vault would be awesome, and sell very well...its a proven game thats quite the adventure with great flow, rules, and well accepted by the marketplace...upgrading that game to a larger Display, and movie theme graphics would be awesome....

#22 6 years ago

I own a first run Tron Pro. And if I was to hazard a guess, I'd say it will be the next VE. The price is high enough, and it's not an expensive game to build. So that's the most obvious.

I believe that when they get around to LOTR, it will be a Premium. There is no way that comes out at a Pro price point.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I own a first run Tron Pro. And if I was to hazard a guess, I'd say it will be the next VE. The price is high enough, and it's not an expensive game to build. So that's the most obvious.
I believe that when they get around to LOTR, it will be a Premium. There is no way that comes out at a Pro price point.

yea I agree....that being said I was never a big fan of the game so hoping for something different. I was in the market for a AC/DC prem/LE for a long time, but prices and the foggy lower play field window always bothered me. Stern actually did a great job with the AC/DC Vault Premium. There were a few cost saving measures (smaller sub, lock down bar), but they did make several improvements with the lower window, and back box design

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think a LOTR Vault would be awesome, and sell very well...its a proven game thats quite the adventure with great flow, rules, and well accepted by the marketplace...upgrading that game to a larger Display, and movie theme graphics would be awesome....

Gomez said at TPF that they couldn't do LCD & therefore new animations in older games because the level of re-work would be too much effort.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

No I should NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy a Stern Star wars LE. Its the best theme but extreme shitty gameplay. Dammit how can they ruin the best theme ever. My sw le is collecting dust.
Im a space nerd? St le was an awesome experience, does the pro have the same speakers/sound system?

all is about personal tastes
i prefer playing SW then ST as it feels repetitive to me (all modes are the same) and so boring.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 6 years ago

Quicksilver VE

#27 6 years ago

Star Trek is a solid choice. Walking Dead is better I think. Can you find a Walking Dead Prem or LE?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Gomez said at TPF that they couldn't do LCD & therefore new animations in older games because the level of re-work would be too much effort.

yea I heard that....that being said a game like LOTR that has great play field, rule set, and market acceptance would be a great seller if they revamped the graphics, and display....similar to what CGC has done with MMR and AFMR....

#29 6 years ago

I completely agree and hope Stern steps it up.

#30 6 years ago

I heard the next VE is Tron. Oct 2018.

#31 6 years ago

Reading into what George said at the seminar. I would expect a LOTR with a DMD not a LCD with updated sound quality and cosmetic features maybe better molded toys, lighting, and cabinet decals like the iron man vault. I would trade your swle for a walking dead premium or the Star Trek le. I’ve studied both those games and went with a new walking dead premium from CoinTaker. Melissa said it was her last one. Both are incredible machines and two of very few I think are worth the extra money for over the pro versions.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

That would be sweet. If it’s pro pricing and I’d probably be in for one. These $6500 pros are getting ridiculous.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That would be sweet. If it’s pro pricing and I’d probably be in for one. These $6500 pros are getting ridiculous.

Pro pricing I don't believe is expected for vaults going forward. If it is priced like a pro you'll end up with a tron you don't want as it won't have the trimmings.

People who think that they're going to release a vault Tron that is built like a modded original and comes with a pro price are in for a rude awakening

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That was you? I misheard your question then, and perhaps George did too. I thought you asked if the Luci was the only AC/DC vault we were getting (IE, not the regular Premium), and George said he didn't remember (if the regular Premium VE was going to be made.)

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pro pricing I don't believe is expected for vaults going forward. If it is priced like a pro you'll end up with a tron you don't want as it won't have the trimmings.
People who think that they're going to release a vault Tron that is built like a modded original and comes with a pro price are in for a rude awakening

Fine for me.

- Arcade = pass
- Lit cycles = pass
- rainbow puke LEDs = Pass
- Flynn sign = Pass
- Lit ramps = Ok, I do like this
etc..

I'm over the bling phase of games. Just give me a pro as they originally came. I'll add the ramp lights if I feel it's necessary but all the other crap people put on their games now I'd rather not pay for in a NIB. Let the modders do that. If it comes out at prem pricing it will most likely have drop targets, lit ramps and the moving recognizer (I.E. the LE features) thus daft punk MB. I'd be interested in that at prem pricing otherwise give me the pro as it was first developed for a pro price.

If the games needs all the bling to be fun it's not a good game. I don't think that's the case for Tron. The rules and shots are fun but the music integration takes it to the next level. At least for me.

And if this timeline is true I found my 40th B-day present

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Tron is November 2018

#37 6 years ago

I heard Tron was October 2018.

Then later I heard it was November 2018

#38 6 years ago

i'd be in for a LOTR but getting the license back will cost an arm and a leg.
i doubt it will happen any time soon.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That's Sternese for "TRON VE will come."

Might be 2019 though.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard Tron was October 2018.
Then later I heard it was November 2018

I heard this Saturday

#41 6 years ago

I would Love to purchase a NIB LOTR vault

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

100% agree if its loaded with upgrades, and the same goes for LOTR. People thinking they will get either of those VEs for under 6500 are dreaming. In fact, I'd be surprised if they were that cheap. The new Luci's are what $6700?

#43 6 years ago

If tron is the next vault, I can only imagine how they will cheapen it up- flat plastic arcade machine instead of the 3D one, cardboard Light Cycles on the far back ramps, shitty cabinet with wood that's splitting, etc.

But as long as they can make an overpriced cheap looking $500 topper that flashes a few colors, it will be worth owning.

And I've been told that, overall, I'm a pretty optimistic guy.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

If tron is the next vault, I can only imagine how they will cheapen it up- flat plastic arcade machine instead of the 3D one, cardboard Light Cycles on the far back ramps, shitty cabinet with wood that's splitting, etc.
And I've been told that, overall, I'm a pretty optimistic guy.

Actually, Stern makes improvements with the Vaults....

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, Stern makes improvements with the Vaults....

They didn't on IM (I don't consider the addition of LED's an improvement as I added them to mine myself).

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

They didn't on IM (I don't consider the addition of LED's an improvement as I added them to mine myself).

Well, just because you don't doesn't make it not so.

#48 6 years ago

TRON and LOTR are the only 2 Sterns that are bringing more on the used market than a new Stern costs today. Stern has over and over shown they are mostly cost driven, so these are the only two that make sense.

I can see either vaulted, but I expecting them to be done like the SM vault was, with some nice improvements to justify them MSRP pricing them over $7K....

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Foil cabinet decals. Lit Monger.

Actually, the original run of IM cabinets were screened and I wouldn't say that decals are an improvement over that. Monger has an LED, but the other figures were garbage on the vault.

#50 6 years ago

Tron and LOTR would be prime candidates for a Batman '66 type Vault. Updated theme, ported to SPIKE, LCD screen.

I can't imagine what that would cost though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, SC
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-vault?hl=bigbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.