image (resized).jpeg
CD6A7C91-B5D7-4F62-A7EF-387495530CF8 (resized).jpeg
AC19C584-BB1E-4B8D-82DA-B27811B9EA6C (resized).jpeg
C7990081-7462-4633-9F64-B837DD7767FA (resized).jpeg
AFDEDF3D-006F-4ACB-8826-479E97C71DB6 (resized).jpeg
07D701DF-080C-4C57-93A5-856F471E7E42 (resized).jpeg
C9525FE0-410F-46C8-91BA-1B18BB74D742 (resized).jpeg
064E9AC3-86B2-4C3C-8E25-9681B4CEC471 (resized).jpeg
There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I could really see a TWD Vault done comic style aka Spidey.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I would be expecting the new Munsters at CES, not a VE.

I would expect that as well, however the big "rumor" people here are saying vault, not Munsters. I'll be there so I'll swing by.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I would expect that as well, however the big "rumor" people here are saying vault, not Munsters. I'll be there so I'll swing by.

Who are these rumor "people"?

#154 5 years ago

The next vault will be...........your mom!

norma-bates-psycho_1050_591_81_s_c1-695x391 (resized).jpgnorma-bates-psycho_1050_591_81_s_c1-695x391 (resized).jpg
#155 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The people wishing for a VE. I rather see new games come off the line, which means Stern has a lot of hits on the production line.

#156 5 years ago

The people wishing for a VE. I rather see new games come off the line, which means Stern has a lot of hits on the production line.

I think they can/want to do both

#157 5 years ago

With the amount of game designers and code guys now at Stern, looks like they are trying to ramp up to 4 cornerstones a year. We already know about 3 for 2019...Elvira, and then there are Brian Eddy and Steve Ritchie's games.

#158 5 years ago

A vault with dots no thank you

#159 5 years ago

I read in the past that some TWD games were made with the Spike board set.

I don't see separate code updates for SAM/SPIKE versions. When you compare sizes of the various updates over the years they are similar so they (probably) can't be packaging them in the same update file. I think it's pretty unlikely SPIKE was used for any #the_walking_dead

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I don't see separate code updates for SAM/SPIKE versions. When you compare sizes of the various updates over the years they are similar so they (probably) can't be packaging them in the same update file. I think it's pretty unlikely SPIKE was used for any The Walking Dead (Pro)

I believe it was prototype only. Stern did not sell any Spike TWD games to the public.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

the normal people on pinside and bruce on slam tilt

#162 5 years ago

most people want tron. would be nice to see a LOTR. but new code release might say KISS will be the next vault.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I believe it was prototype only. Stern did not sell any Spike TWD games to the public.

That is it. But was there an AC/DC as well?

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

most people want tron. would be nice to see a LOTR.

I would be surprised by either Tron or LOTR as they are pretty irrelevant to the public right now. Stern doesn't give two squirts about collectors - their focus is location play.

A TSPP with LCD would still be relevant and pretty easy to do.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I would be surprised by either Tron or LOTR as they are pretty irrelevant to the public right now. Stern doesn't give two squirts about collectors - their focus is location play.
A TSPP with LCD would still be relevant and pretty easy to do.

TWD’s (TV) ratings are in decline, so if there is one in planning, now’s the time to do it before it’s too late and becomes irrelevant too.

EDITED: to clarify I was talking about the TV ratings.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

the normal people on pinside

Normal people on pinside ??

#167 5 years ago

i think stern looks at what old models are selling for more than new pins are going for. Tron and LOTR are selling for much more than a pro so that makes it easy to release them and get lots of sells. do i buy a beat up original tron fro 6700 or a new tron for 5500. easy decision.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

i think stern looks at what old models are selling for more than new pins are going for. Tron and LOTR are selling for much more than a pro so that makes it easy to release them and get lots of sells. do i buy a beat up original tron fro 6700 or a new tron for 5500. easy decision.

I agree with most of your post - but I doubt a vault would be 5500. More like 6500+. What will make it 'worth it' is the improvements over the current TRON pin...whatever those will be and the fact some people want to unbox a NIB Tron - or just prefer NIB in general.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

While I agree with most of you post - but I doubt a vault would be 5500. More like 6500

If they do a Tron with the Spider Man VE treatment to the playfield (and cab/head) as well as an LCD I'd expect it to be more than a pro. If they do a straight re-run, I would be pretty turned off at anything above pro pricing.

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If they do a Tron with the Spider Man VE treatment to the playfield (and cab/head) as well as an LCD I'd expect it to be more than a pro. If they do a straight re-run, I would be pretty turned off at anything above pro pricing.

old pro pricing or new pro pricing? The current pro level of pricing is $6k msrp. When tron and sm came out, pricing was thousands less....

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

old pro pricing or new pro pricing? The current pro level of pricing is $6k msrp. When tron and sm came out, pricing was thousands less....

About 5 years ago I could get a NIB TRON Pro for less than 5K easy.

#172 5 years ago

If they do a TRON VE it won’t be priced any less than AC/DC or ST vaults and likely due to demand pricing will be more in line with what we saw when they did SM VE.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If they do a TRON VE it won’t be priced any less than AC/DC or ST vaults and likely due to demand pricing will be more in line with what we saw when they did SM VE.

Pricing in line with SMVE would seem reasonable if they redo the art package. Otherwise pricing in line with AC/DC or ST vault would make sense.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Pricing in line with SMVE would seem reasonable if they redo the art package. Otherwise pricing in line with AC/DC or ST vault would make sense.

I think a Tron Pro VE would be a bad idea. They should include the drop targets, the moving recognizer, and the EL ramps and call it a "premium vault"

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think a Tron Pro VE would be a bad idea. They should include the drop targets, the moving recognizer, and the EL ramps and call it a "premium vault"

Have Stern added premium/LE features to a VE before?

I seem to remember people saying the AC/DC vault improved the pro bell mech?

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have Stern added premium/LE features to a VE before?
I seem to remember people saying the AC/DC vault improved the pro bell mech?

Tron is a bit different because there never was a Premium model. Spiderman was only one model, gameplay wise.

The AC/DC LED Pro improved the bell and made it swing. Way before the vaults.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Tron is a bit different because there never was a Premium model. Spiderman was only one model, gameplay wise.

Correct. There was a late model Pro revision made during it's initial run. I believe it had LEDs and the new bell mech.

I think there are 9 different versions of AC/DC.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I was talked out of a LE for less......Still mad at that person

I got my pro at a good time and deal. These prices are crazy!

#179 5 years ago

TronVE could could be spike2 system with coloured DMD instead of full LCD display and upgraded stereo sound, maybe add a few tracks from the soundtrack along the way. Upgrade the art resolution, maybe redo the PF art. That would be compelling.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

TWD’s ratings are in decline

is this a bad joke ? TWD is for sure one of the best STERN pinball, hard, but very good without a doubt
now i'm not saying that a vault would be a good idea (its to soon)

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

is this a bad joke ? TWD is for sure one of the best STERN pinball, hard, but very good without a doubt
now i'm not saying that a vault would be a good idea (its to soon)

Haha, sorry for the confusion. Not a joke. I was replying to a post about relevancy of theme. TWD is an amazing pin and would definitely buy a comic book Vault. I was referring to the TV show... the TV show ratings are not as good as they once were. And while they are still substantial, now would be a time for a Vault (now or never).

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Tron is starting to feel dated.

If they do bring it out, they need to do something different.

Code update - make the scoring more dynamic?

LCD?

#183 5 years ago

LOTR VE with large color display would sell very well at the premium prices...

#184 5 years ago

That is it. But was there an AC/DC as well?

Yes Stern was testing Spike in AC/DC.
There's a pic floating around of this somewhere.

#185 5 years ago

I think Stern made 6 AC/DC machines in Spike.

#186 5 years ago

(about TWD) sry for misunderstanding than

#187 5 years ago

Okay... here is a curve ball. Technicall Stern owns all the rights to the old SEGA pinball division... which in turn owned all the rights to the old DataEast division... Stern released the Data East "Last Action Hero" table and "Starship Troopers" Sega table in it's Stern Pinball Arcade for consoles... so they own the rights to the tables. Do you see Stern ever re-releasing these or any other machines from these companies? I think a Jurassic Park vault would be pretty sweet personally.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay... here is a curve ball. Technicall Stern owns all the rights to the old SEGA pinball division... which in turn owned all the rights to the old DataEast division... Stern released the Data East "Last Action Hero" table and "Starship Troopers" Sega table in it's Stern Pinball Arcade for consoles... so they own the rights to the tables. Do you see Stern ever re-releasing these or any other machines from these companies? I think a Jurassic Park vault would be pretty sweet personally.

Well, we know they will do remakes of "classics" at this point...ala Seawitch/Beatles.

JP would be considered a super-duper limited edition by today's standards however, that's for sure!

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If used Data East games start selling for upwards of $7K I could see it happening. As of now, the only DE game that comes close is GNR and rumor is that JJP may be working on a brand new GNR pin which would likely blow the doors off the old game.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Well, we know they will do remakes of "classics" at this point...ala Seawitch/Beatles.
JP would be considered a super-duper limited edition by today's standards however, that's for sure!

The sad part is I don't think we will see a actual classic remade, unless people enjoy paying $5k+ :/

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Had a chance Nib at 5k. There were like four, I had no money. It was five years ago.

Tron was on the bubble.

Several people I know had to pass. For one reason or another. Mine was $.

But now, it's on my next two. I am motivated.

I wanted an iron maiden, which I will get eventually. But my fiancée Veronika is much sweeter on tron.

Iron maiden is not her game, or her theme. (Definetaly one of mine)

Tron wins again.

A vault tron now in the next 12 months is perfect for me. It would be foolish not to rerelease tron in some way. IMO.

I personally would love an 80s theming of the original. That would pretty much lock it in as my next purchase in pinball.

#192 5 years ago

This guys voice included please:
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

If they don't sell a vault now I'm going to have to buy what's on the market. I have time, but it's next.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I personally would love an 80s theming of the original. That would pretty much lock it in as my next purchase in pinball.

Careful. I got down voted for that kind of wild thinking lol. I'm just a big fan of the original so the modern one erks me a bit. I would jump at a 80s tron but dont see it happening

#194 5 years ago

I've been talking to stern reps the last couple days to resolve an issue with one of my games. More than once I asked or suggested they start pumping out those Tron vaults soon. I tried my best. Zero expectations lol

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Tron is starting to feel dated.

The game's popularity was partially due to the pinball scene at the time. There really weren't many good newer games back in 2010. The hot games were still 90's DMD and maybe LOTR or TSPP. Times have changed, and I don't think Tron holds up to some of the new releases from the last few years.

I'd like to see a Torn VE, but I don't think it would be as hot of a title as Pinside makes it out to be.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Yes, but this isn’t 5 years ago .

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If onlys and justs were candies and nuts, then everyday would be Erntedankfest.

#198 5 years ago

I would vote for a Lord of the Rings Vault. That’s probably the only pin I would buy off announcement alone. I also think it is still relevant because its part of a classic and epic trilogy and aren’t there planned Amazon shows that are part of that world?

#199 5 years ago

I turned down Tron nib 2x back in the day.... Wont happen a 3rd time.

Tron ve for the win.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I turned down Tron nib 2x back in the day.... Wont happen a 3rd time.
Tron ve for the win.

You are correct, it won't happen a 3rd time, unfortunately. That's just my opinion man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-vault/page/4?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.