image (resized).jpeg
CD6A7C91-B5D7-4F62-A7EF-387495530CF8 (resized).jpeg
AC19C584-BB1E-4B8D-82DA-B27811B9EA6C (resized).jpeg
C7990081-7462-4633-9F64-B837DD7767FA (resized).jpeg
AFDEDF3D-006F-4ACB-8826-479E97C71DB6 (resized).jpeg
07D701DF-080C-4C57-93A5-856F471E7E42 (resized).jpeg
C9525FE0-410F-46C8-91BA-1B18BB74D742 (resized).jpeg
064E9AC3-86B2-4C3C-8E25-9681B4CEC471 (resized).jpeg
There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm not seeing the problem,

This is not a valid way to argue that there is no problem.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Why is his experience not valid but yours is?
If it's not a problem why is their a fix kit for some boards?

I gave broader examples.

Quoted from 85vett:

If it's not a problem why did stern change the code of the boards multiple times during release?

The "code" of the boards?

Quoted from 85vett:

Let's also keep in mind during the release of SPIKE you've not only had node board concerns but also cabinet construction issues and major ghosting concerns.

Not related to the SPIKE system.

Quoted from 85vett:

Face the facts. Spike has gone through some growing pains which has put some collectors on a buying hold until they feel comfortable that the games being shipped are up to standard again.

Facts are facts. The number of bad node boards was small compared to the games shipped, and the problems have almost completely dried up.

Quoted from 85vett:

SAM and I'm sure other platforms had issues as well but to dismiss wildly known and documented problems because your friends didn't have an issue is beyond comprehension.

Beyond comprehension? I comprehend it quite well, as do others.

To say that SPIKE "sucks" or is a "failure" is in fact, nonsense.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is not a valid way to argue that there is no problem.

But examples given by others is?

Truly, your logic is dizzying.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

But examples given by others is?
Truly, your logic is dizzying.

Yes, examples of a problem are precisely how you determine that there is a problem.

No one in my family has cancer. I have never met anyone with cancer. I’m not seeing a problem. But I believe others may have. If I do some research and use my ability to read I can find out that others have experienced what I have not, and they have documented that experience for others in an attempt to help and perhaps prepare others in advance.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The "code" of the boards?

If you don't know that the node boards are run off code then we might as well stop the discussion now as you are sorely uneducated about what node boards are, how they function and what really occurs.

I'm happy that your 1 single game, your friends game and some random route operator are not having issues. But nearly all of the major route operators have confirmed this is a concern. Sorry if I take my personal experience and their (like Whysnow's and the guy that routes his games in Vegas) opinion over your very small sample set.

The good news is that Stern is taking care of owners, for now but that leads to the problem at hand and that is confidence in the product, thus my other examples of issues since Spike came out.

1 month later
#106 5 years ago

If Tron VE should be coming, do you think it is with the whole LE rules ( included extra MB) and with an LCD?

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Gomez said at TPF that they couldn't do LCD & therefore new animations in older games because the level of re-work would be too much effort.

Gomez has said a LOT of things that weren't strictly true or were later proven to be...misguided. LotR os one of the most popular pins they ever made, but it has the usual issues with Sterns of that era (most notably flipper fade on long games). They had it running on Spike as a test of the platform when it was being developed, didn't they? I can totally see them re-doing the graphics for the different aspect ration of the spike screen + color. They would sell a buttload of them.

#108 5 years ago

I finally picked up a Tron (pro). If Murphy is watching, this means Tron VE should be announced later this week.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I finally picked up a Tron (pro). If Murphy is watching, this means Tron VE should be announced later this week.

I hope you are right

I just sold a game to get Maiden or BM66 but am having a hard time pulling the trigger. If I could get a Tron VE or a reasonably priced Tron Pro that would make my decision much easier.

#110 5 years ago

Is Tron the favorite candidate to be the next vault edition?

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is Tron the favorite candidate to be the next vault edition?

tron and lotr have been rumored by the community for years now. Unless Stern upped or renewed the Disney license? Disney/lego just released tron lego set so they may be trying to cash in on tron again.

#112 5 years ago

Batman comic book style

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Actually, the original run of IM cabinets were screened and I wouldn't say that decals are an improvement over that. Monger has an LED, but the other figures were garbage on the vault.

Cabinet resolution on original was poor...

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Cabinet resolution on original was poor...

yes, true, but not a prob if... it was an LE

5 months later
#115 5 years ago

Is there a schedule on when the public can expect the next Stern Vault to come out (whatever it may be) or do they release them at random?

#116 5 years ago

It is random and ST was the latest one not long ago. Distributors would always have the latest information.

#117 5 years ago

So I guess we won't see any more this year and that sucks they classify ST as a vault release. I mean re-run of production. So many other titles that are in demand.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

So many other titles that are in demand.

Exactly, many titles are in demand, such as all the ones in current production and 3 others to follow soon. AC/DC is also still on the line as a vault. Last run of MET is happening according to the last Stern tour. March should end the 3 year production run unless the license is renewed. http://www.sternpinball.com/games

1 month later
#119 5 years ago

On the Slam Tilt podcast they suggested that the next Stern release may be a vault (before Munsters is released). I wonder what pin it would be? I’m thinking Metallica or The Walking Dead.

#120 5 years ago

Munsters hit the production line. Uhhh...MET just had its last run, so it can't be a vault right now.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Munsters hit the production line. Uhhh...MET just had its last run, so it can't be a vault right now.

Didn’t realize that about Metallica. I hope you’re right... looking forward to seeing Munsters.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Didn’t realize that about Metallica.

It was posted on Stern's Facebook page not long ago that it was at the end of the run.

#123 5 years ago

I think it's Metallica still. Heard some rumors but with the new code it would make sense.

#124 5 years ago

Metallica isn’t going to be a vault for a long, long time. Stern extended the license on it, and it never went away. It was made for much longer than the regular title. You have to think demand’s been filled for that one.

#125 5 years ago

TWD would be more possible, in my opinion, since it has been off the line quite a while. It also had new code not all that long ago really.

#126 5 years ago

I think Metallica was made for 5 1/2 years, when it just finished up on the line recently. That’s an amazing run. We may never see a vault on that one. By the time demand would be reasonable to bring it back, Stern most likely will be out of, or no longer able to produce, SAM boards.

#127 5 years ago

Has TWD been off the line for a while? It seems like you could still buy them NIB until fairly recently.
I would be shocked if Stern did a vault run of either TWD or MET anytime soon.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Has TWD been off the line for a while? It seems like you could still buy them NIB until fairly recently.

And distributors still have NIB Star Trek games, but yet Stern released a VE. I believe TWD has been off the line for a good year or so.

I read in the past that some TWD games were made with the Spike board set.

#129 5 years ago

I’d be very interested in a comic book/graphic novel of the Walking Dead pin, with newer story elements such as Negan.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’d be very interested in a comic book/graphic novel of the Walking Dead pin, with newer story elements such as Negan.

I wonder how many current TWD owners would sell their games and get a comic book version. This would be a good move for Stern.

#131 5 years ago

They really need to go back and do something interesting, make a TRUE VAULT edition like we haven’t seen the likes of since Spider-Man. the often rumored Tron vault with new throwback art is a no-brainer.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I would be shocked if Stern did a vault run of either TWD or MET anytime soon.

TWD production ended about a year ago. I remember the “last call” messages about this time last year. I am sure many distributors stocked up and some have them in stock today.

#133 5 years ago

I have given up on TRON VE and LOTR VE to be honest. Not sure why Stern isn't making them...

#134 5 years ago

Seems like an abnormally high amount of Tron LE coming up for sale recently

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have given up on TRON VE and LOTR VE to be honest. Not sure why Stern isn't making them...

I've given up too. Tron Vault is the only pin I really want NIB at this point. I love the theme and gameplay. I don't think they'll ever Vault either one of them. Stern, prove me wrong!

#136 5 years ago

I could really see a TWD Vault done comic style aka Spidey.

#137 5 years ago

User ready....

CD6A7C91-B5D7-4F62-A7EF-387495530CF8 (resized).jpegCD6A7C91-B5D7-4F62-A7EF-387495530CF8 (resized).jpeg

#138 5 years ago

Without going into detail again as it's been done repeatedly. LotR would be very difficult as it would require massive licensing and product redesign. It's Whitestar, not SAM, and would require old boards to be made or the whole system to be converted (sound would need work as it's awful). It's also loaded and couldn't be made as a PRO so that means it would be expensive and low demand for a pin that is already in huge supply.

It's not impossible but highly unlikely they would do LotR. TRON is a possibility though, it has no toys and would be cheap to produce.

#139 5 years ago

I might be down for one of these vaults:

Metallica: Ride the Lightning
TWD: comic hand drawn art by ZY
GOT: re-designed art package with working code release/upgrade.
TRON: with LCD and re-designed playfield Art.

#140 5 years ago

They just released Seawitch and Melons vault editions...

#141 5 years ago

X-Men

#142 5 years ago

already said, my TWD seems to be from last runs (july 2017 build)... did someone get a more recent one ?

#143 5 years ago

hard to believe

as overall bad love for this pin, which for me is not deserved (really enjoyed my MAGNETO), and no real ask for that title on the marketplace

#144 5 years ago

No on Metallica. Stern made more of these than probably any other pin in existence! They just or are about to wind down the final run of these on the line.
I’m fine with vault but my personal opinion is they need to a minimum of 10 years past original build date. So Metallica for me would be 2023 to be acceptable. AC/DC was ridiculously too soon as well. Again,JMHO.

#145 5 years ago

I bought my TWD PRO in October 2017. Distributor said it was the last run.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

already said, my TWD seems to be from last runs (july 2017 build)... did someone get a more recent one ?

#146 5 years ago

A few years ago they would release a new title at CES, however last year they didn’t. Maybe they’ll drop a new one this year as jack danger is also going with them to ces....

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

A few years ago they would release a new title at CES, however last year they didn’t. Maybe they’ll drop a new one this year as jack danger is also going with them to ces....

I would be expecting the new Munsters at CES, not a VE.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Tron and LOTR would be prime candidates for a Batman '66 type Vault. Updated theme, ported to SPIKE, LCD screen.
I can't imagine what that would cost though!

Omg if they made an 80s Tron???!!!
Mini games on the LCD?
Take my money Stern.
The theme is the main reason I don't want one in my home right now.
I'm too much of a fan of the original. The newer movie theme only serves the purpose of irritatingly me.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Omg if they made an 80s Tron???!!!
Mini games on the LCD?
Take my money Stern.
The theme is the main reason I don't want one in my home right now.
I'm too much of a fan of the original. The newer movie theme only serves the purpose of irritatingly me.

As much as I like the nostalgia of TRONs 80s movie - I prefer the Legacy movie more. Also, the modes and PF have a lot of the newer characters in the grid and it would be a completely different game if it was based on the original characters.

My preference would be to just update the resolution on the PF and cab art add an LCD with the movie footage - it would be good to go as a great vault!

#150 5 years ago

The next vault needs to be tron. It will then easily get bought.

I don't know why this game calls me so much. I don't think I need any other game in my house besides that and the one I have. A theater of magic. I don't have much room.

Tron tron tron.

You know what I'm talking about...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-vault/page/3?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.