image (resized).jpeg
CD6A7C91-B5D7-4F62-A7EF-387495530CF8 (resized).jpeg
AC19C584-BB1E-4B8D-82DA-B27811B9EA6C (resized).jpeg
C7990081-7462-4633-9F64-B837DD7767FA (resized).jpeg
AFDEDF3D-006F-4ACB-8826-479E97C71DB6 (resized).jpeg
07D701DF-080C-4C57-93A5-856F471E7E42 (resized).jpeg
C9525FE0-410F-46C8-91BA-1B18BB74D742 (resized).jpeg
064E9AC3-86B2-4C3C-8E25-9681B4CEC471 (resized).jpeg
There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Tron and LOTR would be prime candidates for a Batman '66 type Vault. Updated theme, ported to SPIKE, LCD screen.
I can't imagine what that would cost though!

spike sucks

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Actually, the original run of IM cabinets were screened and I wouldn't say that decals are an improvement over that. Monger has an LED, but the other figures were garbage on the vault.

Decals can be easily replaced when damaged.

#53 6 years ago

Something else sucks......

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I asked George Gomez at the TPF Stern Seminar if we would see another vault in 2018 and he said “I don’t remember”. No clue what to make of that

That means he has zero desire to tell you, a random dude at an expo show.

#55 6 years ago

Everyone keeps thinking they will add features to the VE yet they removed the mech from the goblin on the SMVE just to save a few bucks. They didn't include figures on LOTR LE either. The molded figures on IM were likely because the original toys were no longer available in the volume they needed. If Tron VE has all LE features then I would expect a hefty price tag.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Fine for me.
- Arcade = pass
- Lit cycles = pass
- rainbow puke LEDs = Pass
- Flynn sign = Pass
- Lit ramps = Ok, I do like this
etc..
I'm over the bling phase of games. Just give me a pro as they originally came. I'll add the ramp lights if I feel it's necessary but all the other crap people put on their games now I'd rather not pay for in a NIB. Let the modders do that. If it comes out at prem pricing it will most likely have drop targets, lit ramps and the moving recognizer (I.E. the LE features) thus daft punk MB. I'd be interested in that at prem pricing otherwise give me the pro as it was first developed for a pro price.
If the games needs all the bling to be fun it's not a good game. I don't think that's the case for Tron. The rules and shots are fun but the music integration takes it to the next level. At least for me.
And if this timeline is true I found my 40th B-day present

Interesting point. You want a bare bone stock Tron.... Just in 2018. That makes sense as that should be cheaper. Reality check is that the market is not looking for that. Stern knows this which is why they went LED for all of their games. They aren't looking to cater to bare bone options especially their vaults.....

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Also if you wanna trade, i have few pins for trade.
Lovley T2?? Tz. Pz. Or a sw le under 50playes?

I would personally play SW or any pin more than 50 times before I start to complain about how bad it is. Especially if I already own it.

Go play Endor now and blow up the Death Star. Complete Escape from BF. At least give it a good shot. Something?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Everyone keeps thinking they will add features to the VE yet they removed the mech from the goblin on the SMVE just to save a few bucks. They didn't include figures on LOTR LE either. The molded figures on IM were likely because the original toys were no longer available in the volume they needed. If Tron VE has all LE features then I would expect a hefty price tag.

They also added steel webslingers to Spidey, and a removable lower playfield screen to AC/DC.

#59 6 years ago

Probably tron yes.
But not lotr, don’t think stens builds modified white star systems in 2018 and I especially don’t think they will use r/d time/money on updating em to spike system no way

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They also added steel webslingers to Spidey, and a removable lower playfield screen to AC/DC.

And how much more did they charge compared to the originals? My NIB SM was under 4K.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would personally play SW or any pin more than 50 times before I start to complain about how bad it is. Especially if I already own it.
Go play Endor now and blow up the Death Star. Complete Escape from BF. At least give it a good shot. Something?

Gave up on it few months ago, did update to 1.0 and played 2 games. Turned off since. Will sell it or just trade. Dream theme, shitty pin. I hope jjp will make a star wars pin someday soon

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Gave up on it few months ago, did update to 1.0 and played 2 games. Turned off since. Will sell it or just trade. Dream theme, shitty pin. I hope jjp will make a star wars pin someday soon

One of the worst pins in some time. Such a missed opportunity

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Decent theme, awesome pin. It's getting better with time as well. So many options and interweaving shit going on and a lot of thought has to go in to stacking orders and when to do things. Oh and the multipliers... goddamn best thing that ever happened. I thought they were good on GOT but well above here. Lots of folks are upset aboot the low doll turn out but I don't listen much to doll-sniffers.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

And how much more did they charge compared to the originals? My NIB SM was under 4K.

I wasn't making a price debate. Just saying that they make improvements, some cosmetic, some based on things that broke a lot.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

One of the worst pins in some time. Such a missed opportunity

Exactly. I just bought a star wars le as soon as I could, even before seeing a picture of it. I mean its the best theme ever. But daaaamn its bad. Music great. Movie clips great. Why is gandalf making callouts?? Wierd?!? Theme the best, gameplay/constant hurry ups/multiplayers/all shots constant lit different colours, ahhh gettin an headache thinking about it, it just sucks maximum

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Tron and LOTR would be prime candidates for a Batman '66 type Vault. Updated theme, ported to SPIKE, LCD screen.

Stern please don't. Nobody (or at least less people) would want the original Tron art.

Quoted from delt31:

Interesting point. You want a bare bone stock Tron.... Just in 2018. That makes sense as that should be cheaper. Reality check is that the market is not looking for that. Stern knows this which is why they went LED for all of their games. They aren't looking to cater to bare bone options especially their vaults.....

LED's are fine but half blue and half orange or even all blue, no thanks. I'm sure they would do cool white LED's which is fine, I just don't want a dark blue game which nearly every modded Tron has.

If you're saying their isn't a market for a Tron with LE features (drop targets, Ramps, moving rec and Daft punk MB) but none of the other extra's owners placed on their games I would have to respectfully disagree. I would be surprised if several current Pro owners didn't sell their games to to get a "premium" or "VE" (whatever Stern would call it) Tron.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

low doll turn out

Hahahaha.. too funny.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Why is gandalf making callouts?? Wierd?!?

Yeah that guy I guess is from the cartoons? But yes it's lame. Honestly I don't notice him anymore.

Quoted from DEN:

Theme the best, gameplay/constant hurry ups/multiplayers/all shots constant lit different colours, ahhh gettin an headache thinking about it, it just sucks maximum

I hear what you're saying, and I hate to be "that guy," but it kind of sounds like you have no idea what the f&#* is happening. Of course I don't care if you impregnate your game or push it in the sea, but since you love the theme so much you might want to take a second to try to learn it a little more.

A big part of the game for me, contrary to what you hear, is it doesn;t screw you over but you do it to yourself. Changing the Xs and end up missing a ball, button killing tie fighters and draining....all that shit is gold.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hahahaha.. too funny.

Oh man there better be at least 3 Eddies & Ed Force One on Maiden or meltdowns are coming. *spoilers - it's an eddie head bash toy*

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Stern please don't. Nobody (or at least less people) would want the original Tron art.

LED's are fine but half blue and half orange or even all blue, no thanks. I'm sure they would do cool white LED's which is fine, I just don't want a dark blue game which nearly every modded Tron has.
If you're saying their isn't a market for a Tron with LE features (drop targets, Ramps, moving rec and Daft punk MB) but none of the other extra's owners placed on their games I would have to respectfully disagree. I would be surprised if several current Pro owners didn't sell their games to to get a "premium" or "VE" (whatever Stern would call it) Tron.

No - I agree with you. There is DEF a market for a Tron with LE features however that will carry premium price tag. I thought you were looking for a stock pro "vault" edition and that's not going to happen.

btw - whatever vault is released, it won't have that DP MB. That's the unique element to the LE so if it does, expect riots. All the other features you mentioned can be put on a pro (even that moving rec - but that's a waste to me) - including drop targets. The question then is why pay for a vault that will likely be priced at 7200 msrp/6800 street when you can get a modded pro that has all those features and then some for same or a little less? I'll be curious to see what they do as "enhancements" b/c we know now it's not a LCD screen. Knowing stern, it will be something minor.

#70 6 years ago

Nah, they are going to do a POTC Vault Edition just to mess with JJP.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Experiment626:

Nah, they are going to do a POTC Vault Edition just to mess with JJP.

Hahahahahhahahaaaaaaa

#72 6 years ago

if you're a "player", and dont care with modding stuffs, go with ST pro without a doubt, it plays (quite) the same as the PREM/LE (in fact i'm only missing the left outlane kickback)

and doesnt understand why waiting/gambling on a possible TWD VE, as quite sure there're still NIB (pro) available in stock !?
TWD is a good choice too, same as above, pro version is enough

#73 6 years ago

Got my TRON in 2015 despite many people’s assurances that it was the next Vault and would be announced “any day now.”

Glad I did not wait.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Please no port to SPIKE. I'm really beginning to think (via experience) that the SPIKE systems are much less reliable and am shying away from them whenever I can.

As it stands, I own a LOTRLE so don't care about a vault on that and have owned 3 Trons in the past so I'm kind of done with that I think. I should have simply kept my Tron Pro that had full chrome and all the upgrades. That was one pin sale I do actually regret.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wasn't saying the game and art should be about the original Tron move. It would still be Tron Legacy.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Please no port to SPIKE. I'm really beginning to think (via experience) that the SPIKE systems are much less reliable and am shying away from them whenever I can.

Nonsense. I've owned SPIKE games as well as several friends and ops. No issues.

Shy away from them all you want. They're aren't going away, and SAM isn't coming back.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

As it stands, I own a LOTRLE so don't care about a vault on that and have owned 3 Trons in the past so I'm kind of done with that I think. I should have simply kept my Tron Pro that had full chrome and all the upgrades. That was one pin sale I do actually regret.

That's where I'm at with my Tron. Has all the good upgrades including color and chrome. I know if I sell I'll be kicking myself. You can still find a good deal and get back in the club!

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nonsense. I've owned SPIKE games as well as several friends and ops. No issues.

Yeah no one I know who owns Sterns games with Spike has ever had any trouble, in fact with the exception of GB's ghosting inserts issue I've never heard of any problems with Stern period, not worth getting bent outta shape over anyway. I'm not saying the issues aren't there just that its not this crisis its made out to be on pinside.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah no one I know who owns Sterns games with Spike has ever had any trouble, in fact with the exception of GB's ghosting inserts issue I've never heard of any problems with Stern period, not worth getting bent outta shape over anyway. I'm not saying the issues aren't there just that its not this crisis its made out to be on pinside.

Yup! There are always a few issues when you make thousands of games, but if you listened to some people, it would be an epidemic.

One wonders if Pinside had been around when SAM debuted, and a couple of people had an issue.

"SAM sucks! Bring back Whitestar! It was solid!"

#80 6 years ago

Wont argue the quality of games since Spike came out but Node board issues is a real problem and more importantly they can be hard to find when yours fails depending on which one you need. Outside the node board issues my Spike game has been just as reliable as my SAM games. I do exponentially hate how they took out the coindoor switch though.

#81 6 years ago

LOTRVE at 5k!

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Wont argue the quality of games since Spike came out but Node board issues is a real problem and more importantly they can be hard to find when yours fails depending on which one you need. Outside the node board issues my Spike game has been just as reliable as my SAM games. I do exponentially hate how they took out the coindoor switch though.

I was at TPF and listened to George Gomez speak about the node boards. The failure rate was very small among the total number of games that Stern shipped, but even that numbered has dwindled down to almost nothing more recently. He also stated that Stern will be releasing schematics to the node boards this year, so they will no longer be a closed box. Repairs will be easier, and mod makers will have a better idea of how design their products around it's electrical requirements.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hear what you're saying, and I hate to be "that guy," but it kind of sounds like you have no idea what the f&#* is happening. Of course I don't care if you impregnate your game or push it in the sea, but since you love the theme so much you might want to take a second to try to learn it a little more.
A big part of the game for me, contrary to what you hear, is it doesn;t screw you over but you do it to yourself. Changing the Xs and end up missing a ball, button killing tie fighters and draining....all that shit is gold.

I’m with this guy. It’s your game so do as you like, but since you already own it why not put in a few more hours to see if you can figure out the game a bit before you toss it? Takes a bit for things to click but once they do, it’s such a rush to play.

There are some good basic tutorials over in the SW owners thread to get you started.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

TRON and LOTR are the only 2 Sterns that are bringing more on the used market than they cost new. Stern has over and over shown they are mostly cost driven, so these are the only two that make sense.

This is far from accurate. I've sold 5 different "used" Sterns for more than they sold for "new" in the past two years. Stern has consistently raised it's NIB pricing each year, for the last 6 years.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Why is gandalf making callouts??

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that guy I guess is from the cartoons?

I think it's Admiral Ackbar.
http://www.moviequotedb.com/movies/star-wars-episode-vi-return-of-the-jedi/character_3177.html

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I was at TPF and listened to George Gomez speak about the node boards. The failure rate was very small among the total number of games that Stern shipped, but even that numbered has dwindled down to almost nothing more recently. He also stated that Stern will be releasing schematics to the node boards this year, so they will no longer be a closed box. Repairs will be easier, and mod makers will have a better idea of how design their products around it's electrical requirements.

yeah, they speak...
this remember me when we have ghosting on new pins, after a while they've also said : ok now its over, we've resolved it...
than a very small rate ? do you believe it ?

now, the second part of your post seems right (well lets hope), and this is a good news of course
but also, because it has to be said again, STERN finally takes care of his customers, not only with ghosting PF but also with defect node board

(after gettings ghosting + node board on my GB) as lots of others guys, even if i'm quite interested in some new games, i dont want anymore a spike game right now

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've owned 3 SPIKE and 2 have had node board issues. 2 SPIKE games by a friend of mine on location are both down do to issues. So, yes, all pins can have troubles but in my personal experience, more issues have arisen with SPIKE games. And at $200 for a node board it isn't necessarily cheap and compound that with lost revenue.

Of course, SAM isn't coming back and I'm not swearing off SPIKE games but if I have a choice I'll go with something else. No big deal.

Darin

#88 6 years ago

Have purchased every spike game made and every single one has had issues beyond minor.

Node boards failing is the biggest concern, but the current weak flipper problem is a deal killer also on GOTG.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I wasn't saying the game and art should be about the original Tron move. It would still be Tron Legacy.

Nope. When Tron VE is released it will be a reskin of the 1982 movie.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from boomerski:

That would be great but I just don't see it happening.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

the original run of IM cabinets were screened and I wouldn't say that decals are an improvement over that

I would. My Tron is from the 3rd and final run, and the decal print quality blows the direct screened cabs away. I'd never want to trade back to the screened cab, they look pretty crummy.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would. My Tron is from the 3rd and final run, and the decal print quality blows the direct screened cabs away. I'd never want to trade back to the screened cab, they look pretty crummy.

Stern didn't go to decals because they look better, they did it because IT'S CHEAPER. period. a quick rub at the right angle on a decal and it's shot, on a screened game not so much.

#93 6 years ago

I quite enjoy playing Star Wars Pro. The shots are fun, it plays fast, there is a lot to do.

To each their own, I suppose.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Stern didn't go to decals because they look better, they did it because IT'S CHEAPER.

And, the decal print quality blows the direct screen away never-the-less. So I don't care. Stern's direct print cabs look like shit.

Meanwhile I've owned my Tron for years, and the cab looks just fine.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from boomerski:

Don't hold your breath on that.

End of Line.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

TRON and LOTR are the only 2 Sterns that are bringing more on the used market than they cost new. Stern has over and over shown they are mostly cost driven, so these are the only two that make sense.
I can see either vaulted, but I expecting them to be done like the SM vault was, with some nice improvements to justify them MSRP pricing them over $7K....

Quoted from snyper2099:

This is far from accurate. I've sold 5 different "used" Sterns for more than they sold for "new" in the past two years. Stern has consistently raised it's NIB pricing each year, for the last 6 years.

My bad, I phrased it wrong. I meant to say "...that are bringing more on the used market than a new Stern costs today". I'll correct it....

#97 6 years ago

It’s not nonsense. It is just not nonsense. It is real and it’s depressing. Schematics will help, so that’s good. Do you think the people who are worried about Spike WANT to be? Of course not. I want to keep buying machines for crying out loud. But they KEEP breaking. Kiss, broke. GB, broke. Aerosmith, broke. I’ve never had other machines snap like these. I wish it wasn’t so but it is.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from boomerski:

... and that's when I'm fairly confident that my Tron Pro goes up for sale to get the VE .

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

It’s not nonsense. It is just not nonsense. It is real and it’s depressing. Schematics will help, so that’s good. Do you think the people who are worried about Spike WANT to be? Of course not. I want to keep buying machines for crying out loud. But they KEEP breaking. Kiss, broke. GB, broke. Aerosmith, broke. I’ve never had other machines snap like these. I wish it wasn’t so but it is.

Stern ships thousands of games. Your run of bad luck is just that, in the grand scheme of things. It sucks, but they will make it right for you.

Like I reiterated, I'm not seeing the problem, by fiends with Sterns are not seeing the problem, the ops I know are not seeing the problem.

So, broadly calling these systems failures is nonsense.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern ships thousands of games. Your run of bad luck is just that, in the grand scheme of things. It sucks, but they will make it right for you.
Like I reiterated, I'm not seeing the problem, by fiends with Sterns are not seeing the problem, the ops I know are not seeing the problem.
So, broadly calling these systems failures is nonsense.

Why is his experience not valid but yours is?

If it's not a problem why is their a fix kit for some boards?

If it's not a problem why did stern change the code of the boards multiple times during release?

Let's also keep in mind during the release of SPIKE you've not only had node board concerns but also cabinet construction issues and major ghosting concerns.

Is whysnow's experience as a route owner not valid credit? He's also posted he's had major issues as well.

Face the facts. Spike has gone through some growing pains which has put some collectors on a buying hold until they feel comfortable that the games being shipped are up to standard again.

SAM and I'm sure other platforms had issues as well but to dismiss wildly known and documented problems because your friends didn't have an issue is beyond comprehension.

Let's put this another way. The tekata airbag recall. How many Tekata airbags have actually thrown shrapnel into people? How many airbags have been installed world wide. Not a fair example you say because those airbags haven't gone off, OK, how many airbags have gone off and not thrown shrapnel? Those % are much smaller than the % of people with none board failures. Would you also argue that their wasn't an issue with those airbags?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-vault/page/2?hl=experiment626 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.