Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

383b849da3505b1a5b06496046210173309923db_(resized).jpg
1ee66af249ba67ebdcbd105af0cd4da5fc974bc6_(resized).jpg
05c404a8b5a8c1d88330a6b5332507b8fcf30591_(resized).jpg
TZ_LL_(resized).jpg
TZ_LR_(resized).jpg
TZ_UR_(resized).jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

I'm having the exact same problem on my TZ on the left flippers. I have two Fliptronics boards and it occurs after 10-15 minutes of play on both of them. I was going to buy a Rottendog board as per your remedy, but will now try replacing the TIP36's, then the TIP102s.
Strange how this has occurred to my game at the same time. Perhaps it's a local to Colorado issue .
Nate

you nothing to loose, try re flowing your board 1st

#52 8 years ago

Good suggestion, easy to implement. I will try that first.

Thanks

Nate

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

I'm having the exact same problem on my TZ on the left flippers. I have two Fliptronics boards and it occurs after 10-15 minutes of play on both of them. I was going to buy a Rottendog board as per your remedy, but will now try replacing the TIP36's, then the TIP102s.
Strange how this has occurred to my game at the same time. Perhaps it's a local to Colorado issue .
Nate

My problem was weak flippers and hot coils after 10-15 minutes of play, and the issue was the optos next to the flipper buttons were dirty. Cleaning them with q-tips and alcohol eliminated the problem. In the OPs case, the problem followed his board. In your case, the problem is following the flippers. Definitely try the 5 cent/5 minute solution first.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

Nate

I wouldn't wholesale replace all of the transistors. Just the ones associated with the particular flipper.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

My problem was weak flippers and hot coils after 10-15 minutes of play, and the issue was the optos next to the flipper buttons were dirty. Cleaning them with q-tips and alcohol eliminated the problem. In the OPs case, the problem followed his board. In your case, the problem is following the flippers. Definitely try the 5 cent/5 minute solution first.

>>Yes, thanks. I cleaned then swapped the potentially offending flipper board. Neither step yielded a change.

Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I wouldn't wholesale replace all of the transistors. Just the ones associated with the particular flipper.

>>Yes thanks, will just do the last stage driver associated with the lower left flipper.

#56 8 years ago

Good luck with the repair. Make sure you replace the 2N4403 pre-drivers as well. I had to get the three different transistors from a couple of different sources (GPE and PinballLife) since one vendor didn't have everything.

The UR flipper on mine has been a little flaky for years but not bad enough to matter. It really got bad (along with the LR flipper) just recently.

Parts replaced in total on mine included:

Mechanical:
- flipper coils
- crank, plungers and stops

Fliptronic Board:
- LM339s
- all transistors
- Fliptronic bridge rectifier

In the end, I believe the root causes of my problem were the transistors and the coils going bad due to overheating (which was due to the bad transistors).

Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-up-weak-tz-flippers/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.