Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by alveolus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    20170719_160759_resized (resized).jpg
    20170719_160739_resized (resized).jpg
    20170719_160744_resized (resized).jpg
    20170719_160748_resized (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

...be sure to stop in the Kauai Island Brewery and Grill. It was my wife and my 17th time on the island, and this was the first time we'd ever gone to the brewery (we usually hang in different areas of the island). It's on the south shore near Port Allen, on Waiolo Road in Eleele. The place is run by Dave, Thestrangebrewer on Pinside, who brews his own microbrews on site. (You've gotta try the IPA and we really enjoyed the lilikoi ale as well!) We also had some of the best food on the island...a seared ahi that was out of this world.

But the best part? All the pinball machines upstairs. There are about ten or so (including a TOM and CFTBL, which I didn't take a picture of), which is a large collection when you're in Hawaii...and these are the ONLY machines I know of on the island.

This place comes highly recommended: A great place run by great people with machines that are kept in great condition.

Double extra bonus points if you can spot my wife getting loaded at the bar...

20170719_160748_resized (resized).jpg20170719_160748_resized (resized).jpg
    20170719_160744_resized (resized).jpg20170719_160744_resized (resized).jpg
    20170719_160739_resized (resized).jpg20170719_160739_resized (resized).jpg
    20170719_160759_resized (resized).jpg20170719_160759_resized (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

They play better if they are turned on...just sayin.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

They play better if they are turned on...just sayin.

Wise ass. He has signs asking people to turn them off when they're done playing (on the green tape on the bottom of the PF glass). They get a lot more use at night...these pictures were taken around noon.

#4 6 years ago

Awesome! Mahalo.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Double extra bonus points if you can spot my wife getting loaded at the bar..

The one in the dark blue shirt on the far right?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The one in the dark blue shirt on the far right?

BINGO!!!

#7 6 years ago

How bout less time on the 17th time on the island and a little more focus on the 9th time trying to balance deezonyer chin.

#8 6 years ago

Practice mf.

#10 6 years ago

8 TIMES IN A ROW YOU WERE GOLDEN PONYBOY

#11 6 years ago

You're drinking at Pinburgh, aren't you?

#12 6 years ago

Next time I'm on Kauai, I'm throwin' Gryszzz in the ocean.

#13 6 years ago

Just air freighted a Star Wars Pro to Honokaa

2 months later
    #14 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip! I was able to chat with Dave(@thestrangebrewer) who was really nice and his beer was fantastic!

I mostly played Fish Tales which was in great shape and managed to get on the board(no worries, Dave, your GC score is safe

Mahalo!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-time-youre-on-kauai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.