(Topic ID: 23962)

Next Stern?

By denmark71

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.PNG
    00360955-477685_catl_100.jpg
    bb_pin.jpg
    ALL_Right.gif
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I will go back to a Breaking Bad theme then, a Walter White head in a pin would be saweeeet!

I'd like to see JJP go 180 degrees the other direction with pin 2 and go full on R rated uber adult only theme. Something like Spartacus, Stars version. Almost certainly won't happen, but would rock. I do think eventually Stern will do an R theme like Resident Evil, but they may soften the portrayal.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Gomez, Borg, SR. Avengers, KISS, Star Trek.

With preorder prices of 7K, 8K, 9K. They seem to go up with each release no matter what.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd like to see JJP go 180 degrees the other direction with pin 2 and go full on R rated uber adult only theme. Something like Spartacus, Stars version. Almost certainly won't happen, but would rock. I do think eventually Stern will do an R theme like Resident Evil, but they may soften the portrayal.

Agreed, A true adult title would be great, I doubt there are too many youngsters dropping 5k or whatever on a new machine or playing it in a bar......I would rather collect older bally/williams machines right now as opposed to the newer games just due to price range... so getting back to a title like WOZ? Serious? It might be a fun game with a tv in the backbox but Im no child....

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I will go back to a Breaking Bad theme then, a Walter White head in a pin would be saweeeet!

I would pay ten thousand dollars for a Breaking Bad pin.

#55 11 years ago

Stern missed the boat on this title but I wished they made a "Blade" game. Three movies passed and dont believe it'll continue any longer. Vampires would have been an awesome theme especially to compliment a great movie series.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

yeh but with more big bang for your buck!

I would strongly doubt it... For adrenalin nothing would come close to Getaway..

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from DynamiteSJ:

Stern missed the boat on this title but I wished they made a "Blade" game. Three movies passed and dont believe it'll continue any longer. Vampires would have been an awesome theme especially to compliment a great movie series.

+1
    A Blade pin would have been insane.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I'm thinking that a Danny Trejo head on top of a tortise shell would be more apropos...

1 week later
    #59 11 years ago

Although i like acdc pinball i hope its not a music pin. And i hope they abbendon the super heros too.

I hope it will be a James bond pinball machine. With all movies having their own mode.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from levcrush:

I'm all in on Avengers LE just like I was on Xmen LE even without any pictures or solid info.

This is how I feel too, I just wish we actually had some more information on it.

#62 11 years ago

I wish they'd fire Gomez. He hasn't made a good game since LoTR, and that was a rehashed design, too. The man has little imagination left, or so it appears, and that TFLE drop target was the worst rookie mistake for someone who's an engineer!

#63 11 years ago

lol yeah they didnt seem to learn off Sopranos, although I like playing that game. Do have the desire to play TF at all.

#64 11 years ago

No Avengers news yet??

#65 11 years ago

Yeah it's seems an awful long time since we got any teasers from Stern. I heard the next pin has some sort of delay.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No Avengers news yet??

Well they have announced some Tron runs so it may be pushed back.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

Yeah it's seems an awful long time since we got any teasers from Stern. I heard the next pin has some sort of delay.

I hope they are working on the new operating system and LCD display!

#68 11 years ago

Psst.. next stern:
    Bowie in space

#69 11 years ago

I would pay ten thousand dollars for a Breaking Bad pin.

I take cash or paypal.

bb_pin.jpgbb_pin.jpg

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

Just guessing, but that could be what allowed them to do a short run of Tron so soon.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Just guessing, but that could be what allowed them to do a short run of Tron so soon.

Seems logical, better then having a dead moment at the factory.

#72 11 years ago

I would buy 3 of them. if this was true.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I take cash or paypal.

Sweet!!!!

#74 11 years ago

If what has been widely reported on here is true and Avengers is the next offering from Stern, I could see an announcement around the week of Sept 25 as this is when Avengers comes out on blu-ray / dvd.

#75 11 years ago

Kind of bored with superhero films and licensed products now.

#76 11 years ago

For the super hero fans:

Superman

Marvel vs DC.

#77 11 years ago

I'm a big fan of the Constantine comics (not the movie), I think that would make a nice darker themed pin.

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from jsalce:

I'm a big fan of the Constantine comics (not the movie), I think that would make a nice darker themed pin.

as long as it doesnt have all the british slang terms, I also like to read constantine and Garth Ennis comics, but Id just prefer a more american version if possible. Great suggestion BTW!

#79 11 years ago

Agreed, has to be the Ennis graphic novels.

#80 11 years ago

I suppose we should say Hellblazer and not constantine

#81 11 years ago

I really really really hope they make a KISS machine. I would buy the LE in an instant. Im not just blowing smoke either, I really would buy it.

Avengers and Star Trek are also cool themes, I would be more than excited to play any of them on site.

Play more pinball!

#82 11 years ago

How about a Spartacus one?

If anyone didn't watch those shows, you missed out hugely - get the DVDs immediately.

#83 11 years ago

Love Spartacus series. Excellent writing. Brutal violence. But great cinematography and acting. New (and last) season should be out early next year.

#84 11 years ago

Lets hope we learn something about the next upcoming Stern at PPE! I would guess that Gary Stern would want to steal some of the spotlight from JJP. Here hoping its Avengers and that it actually looks like a winner.

#85 11 years ago

I would definitely be buying the LE NIB if that were to happen!

#86 11 years ago

I want a Warrant or Firehouse pin....

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I want a Warrant or Firehouse pin....

"Don't treat me bad" Multiball!

I'm hoping for Willie Wonka.

#88 11 years ago

yeah a willy wonka and the chocolate factory would be a good jersey jack pin

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from EvanBingham:

yeah a willy wonka and the chocolate factory would be a good jersey jack pin

I sure hope that bad ass intro video he has doesn't continuously lead into a equally lame IP.. Sure hope they have a harder edged IP for the next game..

1 week later
    #90 11 years ago

So, still nothing difinitive on whats coming next? I still think its going to be Avengers, but I just don't see Stern following up one super hero game with another.

#91 11 years ago

I would like to see a Swamp People Pin!! Just think of the audio clips "Choot 'EM!". Actually I think it could be a pretty cool theme.

00360955-477685_catl_100.jpg00360955-477685_catl_100.jpg

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from denmark71:

I would like to see a Swamp People Pin!! Just think of the audio clips "Choot 'EM!". Actually I think it could be a pretty cool theme.

No way, they eat squirrels on that show! Give me Wild Man, and I'd be up for it. Yeeeeyeeeyeeeyeee...

Yeeee!

#93 11 years ago

see bbh add stinky un bathed cajun person.

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from denmark71:

So, still nothing difinitive on whats coming next?

Yes, re runs of Tron.

#95 11 years ago

Whatever it is if it does not have a small LCD screen can we at least get a color DMD display. Will anything be different on their next pin once JJP game comes out is the question? My guess is there probably will not see any major differences until 2013. By why can't or will they not do color DMD displays for all future games.

#96 11 years ago

Whatever it is, I predict it will be overpriced by 3k. Sigh, I really hope WoZ is a hit and jjp holds the line on prices for title #2 & 3. The difference in quality is astounding. I refuse to pay Cadillac prices for a Kia.

#97 11 years ago

Whatever it is it will not be completed till 2015..

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

Whatever it is, I predict it will be overpriced by 3k. Sigh, I really hope WoZ is a hit and jjp holds the line on prices for title #2 & 3. The difference in quality is astounding. I refuse to pay Cadillac prices for a Kia.

The difference between something and nothing is astounding.

#99 11 years ago

I own and have owned several Sterns. Love my LOTR, TSPP and the liked and enjoyed the Sopranos, WPT, SM I had as well. Not saying they are not fun, I just hate the obvious cheapening and bullshoot LE Vs "pro" crap they have pulled. When they switched to plastic aprons, eliminated underside rails, lockdown levers and jacked up their prices by about 75% I drew the line. JJPs product quality justifies the asking price IMO. There is no justification for the dramatic increase in Sterns pins. He certainly is not putting any more money into his pins, exactly the opposite.

Clay was trying to make this exact point in Jacks seminar. Stern (being a smart businessman) is taking advantage of market conditions and "making hay" while he can. He's able to ask and get what he is because:
    1) the number of collectors has probably more than doubled in the last 2 years, drying up supply of existing games
    2) JJP raised the bar for new pin prices with his successful marketing of woz
    3) He is the only pin producer currently pumping out games

If I were Gary I would be maximizing my profit too. Kudos to him for recognizing these conditions and capitalizing on them. However, as a semi long term collector, I'm accustomed to getting value for my money, I refuse to give more for less, that's all. In my opinion, the above conditions have resulted in an unbalanced market, one that is benefiting the manufacturer much more than the consumer. My hope is that once JJP (finally) lifts off and is producing games, the market will rebalance and Stern pins will command a more fair price or at least step up their quality.

#100 11 years ago

Yep. its clear that Stern have been F(*$%(ing the players for years now. You just cant deny that when looking at the quality of WOZ compared to an LE Stern which costs more...

Quoted from John_in_NC:

If I were Gary I would be maximizing my profit too. Kudos to him for recognizing these conditions and capitalizing on them. However, as a semi long term collector,

Lol so you were ok with until WOZ came along??? amazing...

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.