(Topic ID: 295960)

Next Stern to Get a Last Call? (You don’t have to go home…)

By SirMachismo

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8451 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5D22A518-E406-4479-AA41-693AA47A0122 (resized).jpeg
Zim.gif
unnamed (resized).png
2FABF7E8-600F-4208-9600-68DF31121DC1 (resized).png
23F4C30E-2446-41CC-8972-C5188EE7FC72 (resized).jpeg
408618AE-98CE-4564-B629-17C421C84B6B (resized).jpeg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

I am currently looking at buying one or two NIB Stern pins, and found myself wondering if anyone knows what will be the next Stern pin to be discontinued/retired? DP (Pro) and JP (Pro) being my two worries since it seems like used pin prices are still crazy, and having a NIB delivered to my house just seems a lot easier. I am still trying to find a used GB since I missed the boat on that one.

#2 2 years ago

Have ANY Stern LCD games been "retired" yet?

I believe they are all still readily available NIB.

#3 2 years ago

SW comic art I believe is discontinued

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Have ANY Stern LCD games been "retired" yet?
I believe they are all still readily available NIB.

That's a good point, the only one I can think of is Aerosmith.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

That's a good point, the only one I can think of is Aerosmith.

Aero officially done?

I believe that’s the second LCD after Batman.

#6 2 years ago

With the exceptions of Deadpool and maybe Iron Maiden and Star Wars I don’t think any game before JP2 has any production scheduled….

#7 2 years ago

Since they have proved that anything can and will get re-run I dont see why it matters.

Buy what you like not what you think will be an "investment".

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aero officially done?
I believe that’s the second LCD after Batman.

I think aero was before BM66. Yes, it’s done. So is Guardians I believe.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I am currently looking at buying one or two NIB Stern pins, and found myself wondering if anyone knows what will be the next Stern pin to be discontinued/retired? DP (Pro) and JP (Pro) being my two worries since it seems like used pin prices are still crazy, and having a NIB delivered to my house just seems a lot easier. I am still trying to find a used GB since I missed the boat on that one.

We don't say retired. These aren't Legos.

Also, there are thousands of Ghostbusters pins floating around. With a little bit of patience you can certainly obtain one if that's what you want. You only missed the boat on unboxing one.

#10 2 years ago

Aerosmith is done.
Black Knight is done.
Star Wars comic is done.

All other Spike 2 pins are still being produced.

#11 2 years ago

https://sternpinball.com/games/

If you look at the games in production, you will see the order they were released. Top left is the latest, so Batman technically should be the first to drop off since it is at the bottom right.

'View Archive' will show you on the top left as to which was the last to actually drop out of production.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

We don't say retired. These aren't Legos.

Too damn funny, my mother continues to say Netflick instead of Netflix and it drives me crazy.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I am still trying to find a used GB since I missed the boat on that one.

You spelled “dodged a bullet” wrong.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If you look at the games in production, you will see the order they were released. Top left is the latest, so Batman technically should be the first to drop off since it is at the bottom right.
'View Archive' will show you on the top left as to which was the last to actually drop out of production.

it's funny they don't even acknowledge Aero ever existed! Lol they go right from 66 to SW!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

it's funny they don't even acknowledge Aero ever existed! Lol they go right from 66 to SW!

Aerosmith is in the archive list.

#16 2 years ago

Aerosmith was the first Stern with an LCD.

Aerosmith is in the archive list.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Aerosmith was the first Stern with an LCD.

I thought it was Batman!

It was definitely the first announced/developed, as it was shown off in non-working form for Expo in October, 2016.

IPDB list it as December 2016 release, which sounds about right to me
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6354

With Aerosmith getting released in Feb, 2017
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6370

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I am still trying to find a used GB since I missed the boat on that one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-cab#post-6361156

Here's one for cheap

#19 2 years ago

Stern is dead to me until they make more Ghostbusters.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Stern is dead to me until they make more Ghostbusters.

...make a Ghostbusters with a new layout.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

...make a Ghostbusters with a new layout.

No shit... that game may be the biggest swing and miss in pinball last 10 years.

Great theme, great looking, gameplay maybe a 2 out of 10.

#22 2 years ago

Wondering this too. I’d like to get Deadpool, but having owned it once before, I’m okay waiting a bit unless it’ll be discontinued soon.

1 week later
#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Wondering this too. I’d like to get Deadpool, but having owned it once before, I’m okay waiting a bit unless it’ll be discontinued soon.

I pulled the trigger and have my Deadpool Pro late 2021 early 2022 production run spot claimed. I just have to hope they further refined the assembly to allow for just checking connection, waxing, and adding some mylar in key places before I start flipping. Thank you everyone for your input and education. If I could re-theme any pin to a Ghostbusters (with a Slimer mech & Scholeri Bros) it would be Iron Maiden or Metallica…wait the TWD!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I pulled the trigger and have my Deadpool Pro late 2021 early 2022 production run spot claimed.

Same here! December build time frame is all I was told. I planned for it to be my first pin but couldn’t take the wait so I also snagged a TMNT with late July build/delivery.

#25 2 years ago

Gary Stern

#26 2 years ago

Someone (dealer) told me Stranger Things premium was done.

I’m hot and cold on that one, I love the projector and UV lights. I was going to get one when my dealer had one left but I wasn’t sure, it was not until they were gone that I thought I should have got it. Got JP premium instead which I like more. Next I’ll maybe get BM66 if I can find one.

Yea new pins are often cheaper than the used prices people want. Saw BM66 *premium asking $11K or so. I know it had mods but come on.

#27 2 years ago

I think maiden is done after this run (if this run even happens).

#28 2 years ago

Probably Gary.....

#29 2 years ago

Yes Gary is done. Someone needs to tell him

#30 2 years ago

I hear there is another run of Batman '66 coming..

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

There is in August. Seem like most are pre sold though.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Lots of the low cost dealers are sold out. There are the mark up dealers still might have some.

It’s crazy how ‘in demand’ pins are now dealers can’t keep anything in stock.

It’s sorry for me that I don’t like any of the newer Stern (turtles, Zep, AIQ or Mando). I’m forced back into the older pins that are harder to find. Used prices are through the roof so not even a good fallback option.

#33 2 years ago

I believe GOTG is still being run.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I believe GOTG is still being run.

It is. There's a run this month or next

#35 2 years ago

Is Black Knight SOR retired?

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Some dealers have told me BM66 is done, yet I hear others saying another run is coming.

Does anyone have a definitive schedule for the remainder of this year?

I’ve heard JP Prem, IMDN Pro/Prem, LZ Prem, Mando Pro/Prem and Deadpool Pro/Prem are slated for this year, but not sure of the order.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Yes

#38 2 years ago

I might get Maiden if can’t get BM66. Not sure if the premium is worth the upgrade for this one?

#39 2 years ago

I am assuming Stern is keeping up this webpage. Just because a game is not currently on the production schedule for the remainder of the year, does not mean another run will not happen next year. Remember, there are new games being added about every 3-4 months, so there is limited time for each older game to cycle through the production lines. pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#40 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#41 2 years ago

That’s a shame. It was a really short run. I was hoping to get one at some point. I guess the used market is where I will be going.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I might get Maiden if can’t get BM66. Not sure if the premium is worth the upgrade for this one?

I’ve had a premium and played an IMDN pro. If I picked up another, I’m getting a pro

#43 2 years ago

That’s a shame. It was a really short run. I was hoping to get one at some point. I guess the used market is where I will be going.

If Stern did another small run of this game, with the Topper included at a premium price, I bet they'd sell 'em quick!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I had iron maiden premium. 50/50 if worth upgrade. But I'd push to get batman over it while you can before it's gone.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I had iron maiden premium. 50/50 if worth upgrade. But I'd push to get batman over it while you can before it's gone.

Thanks.

I had a Maiden pro for a few weeks was a temporary trade. While I liked it overall was a few things that I didn’t love. Also (to me) think BM66 might play slower if that’s the word for it so I might be able to complete the modes more. BM66 main modes don’t time out and carry over to next ball and some of the minor villain modes don’t require a ton of shots to complete.

#46 2 years ago

BKSOW was retired way too early.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I really liked the pro.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

BKSOW rules !!
408618AE-98CE-4564-B629-17C421C84B6B (resized).jpeg408618AE-98CE-4564-B629-17C421C84B6B (resized).jpeg

23F4C30E-2446-41CC-8972-C5188EE7FC72 (resized).jpeg23F4C30E-2446-41CC-8972-C5188EE7FC72 (resized).jpeg
#49 2 years ago

I'd like to get a BKSOR some day as well. Nothing is ever really done...they just need enough demand to make another batch. That's the beauty of their manufacturing system.

#50 2 years ago

Wish they would make more Metallica’s

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-to-be-discontinued-retired?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.