Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1099 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2641 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2647 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    DSC00704 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5017 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1897 (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpg
    14882574915041381996440 (resized).jpg
    summer-of-42 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0104 (resized).JPG
    tumblr_o3alnuut431qcb892o1_r1_250 (resized).png
    beavis-butthead-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9401 (resized).JPG
    jimbo (resized).png
    SternCounterTableS15_16x9 (resized).jpg
    There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 7 years ago

I'll take a John Wick pin uncensored please

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I think that is the only other pin my wife would force me to buy so I'd be down

It's already been done. HEAVY METEL MELTDOOOOOOWN!!!!!

IMG_1897 (resized).PNGIMG_1897 (resized).PNG

#153 7 years ago

Yesterday i played on location TSPP and think this is a very funny pinball machine.
    This layout covered with The Muppets as new theme would be a pin i want.
    Instead of the couch for the Simpsons there is the balcony for Waldorf and Stadler making their jokes about my skills....lol

#154 7 years ago

I don't think it has been mentioned but I wouldn't mind a pin using the license for the movie The Thing. I think it would lend itself well to a pinball and the 80s theme would be nice and dark. I think there is a lot of potential there and the back glass would look awesome similar to a post itself.

#155 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If it's Darth Vader in Rogue One...basically, Rogue One doesn't exist to me. I downright hated the movie.

I totally agree. It sucked. Didn't like the characters AT ALL. I was rooting for CGI General Tarkin.

#156 7 years ago

How about an updated South Park? The show has a ton of great content and a huge following. The first South Park is a dud in terms of gameplay, but I hear it does well on location. I suppose that speaks to how valuable the license is.

#157 7 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

How about an updated South Park? The show has a ton of great content and a huge following. The first South Park is a dud in terms of gameplay, but I hear it does well on location. I suppose that speaks to how valuable the license is.

Agreed, but the holes in the playfield have to be 3x bigger this time

#158 7 years ago

Everytime one of these threads pop up, I say Muppets and obviously I've been wrong each time. They're popularity has decreased a bit lately. So that leaves...

Star Wars or Fast & The Furious?

Hope not.

#159 7 years ago

Next pin is "Strange Brew: the adventures of Bob and Doug McKenzie"

Features guest vocal call-outs by Geddy Lee.
    "Take Off " mode
    Players collect toques, donuts and stubby beers on their way to a Elsinore Brewery multiball.

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Everytime one of these threads pop up, I say Muppets and obviously I've been wrong each time. They're popularity has decreased a bit lately. So that leaves...
    Hope not.

Quoted from rolandthoms:

"Take Off " mode
    Players collect toques, donuts and stubby beers on their way to a Elsinore Brewery multiball.

Have you two hosers seen this, eh?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-homebrew-from-hurricane-to

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

"Take Off " mode

Hockey game mode.
    Hoser frenzy
    Insane asylum multiball
    SDTM ball saver shows them driving into the water then breathing and drinking underwater. I think I really like this idea.

#162 7 years ago

IT'S NOT A TABLE

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Hope not.

The Muppets could work well. I would say the license is similar to Batman 66, with the campiness. There's more than enough music to choose from. I can't imagine the voice talent costing too much. I'd imagine it would be difficult to use clips from the TV show and all the movies.

Fast & Furious could work...there's so much to put in there. One of the ramps should be like Robocop, where the ball has to jump the ramp. Just seems like it would fit this theme perfectly. Have a garage area where the balls are locked, similar to Batman Forever.

Star Wars is a done deal being designed by Steve Ritchie.

#166 7 years ago

I'd be in for a Star Wars for sure. Van Halen would be fantastic and a for sure purchase. Harry Potter missed the window because J.K. Wouldn't license.

A Dukes of Hazzard pin could be a real hit here in the South. It made my childhood. I'd have trouble not putting it next to our General in the garage.

IMG_5017 (resized).JPGIMG_5017 (resized).JPG

DSC00704 (resized).JPGDSC00704 (resized).JPG

IMG_0635 (resized).JPGIMG_0635 (resized).JPG

IMG_2647 (resized).JPGIMG_2647 (resized).JPG

IMG_2641 (resized).JPGIMG_2641 (resized).JPG

#167 7 years ago

The next Stern table will be made of Pine.

#168 7 years ago
    Quoted from Apollon:

I'd be in for a Star Wars for sure. Van Halen would be fantastic and a for sure purchase. Harry Potter missed the window because J.K. Wouldn't license.
    A Dukes of Hazzard pin could be a real hit here in the South. It made my childhood. I'd have trouble not putting it next to our General in the garage.

Well swinks is making a DOH pin

#169 7 years ago

Memes: The Pinball Machine.

#170 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Fast & Furious could work...there's so much to put in there. One of the ramps should be like Robocop, where the ball has to jump the ramp. Just seems like it would fit this theme perfectly. Have a garage area where the balls are locked, similar to Batman Forever.

Fast & Furious seems like a no brainer, 7 films in and the box office grossings continue to rise massively with each film, although I think the window may have been missed with 7, due to Paul Walkers unfortunate and untimely death interest in the franchise was never higher.

#171 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Fast & Furious seems like a no brainer, 7 films in and the box office grossings continue to rise massively with each film, although I think the window may have been missed with 7, due to Paul Walkers unfortunate and untimely death interest in the franchise was never higher.

wish they would do a fast n furious, coming up to no8 movie, 8 missions in the game, lots of cool scenes

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

wish they would do a fast n furious, coming up to no8 movie, 8 missions in the game, lots of cool scenes

I've thought about doing a fast and furious retheme, I wouldn't use the movies as modes would limit you to 7/8, I would take the most iconic/best scenes from each film and turn them into modes (do you make the game linear to play in a sequenced time line or open it up to any mode anytime and allow player to jumble up the timeline)

The Drag Race (The Fast & The Furious)
    End Chase with train drag race assists used as victory laps (The Fast & The Furious)
    Opening Race (2F2F)
    Tunnel Chase (Fast & Furious)
    Train Heist (Fast Five)
    Vin vs The Rock (Fast Five)
    Safe Heist (Fast Five)
    Highway Tank Chase (Furious 6)
    Runway Chase (Furious 6)
    Car sky dive and Armour Vehicle Chase (Furious 7)

Just a few of the best scenes and whether your a fan of the franchise or not those scenes would have some awesome audio and visual assets for adrenaline pumping modes especially now all makers are on full colour LCD displays.

It's also a theme that would pull in a lot of casual/new players in the multiplex or bars as the theme has such wide appeal not just potentially to pin heads (as we are way overdue a good racing pin) but also petrol heads. The fast and furious arcade racer in our local bowling alley is always being played even kids chose it over the Mario kart arcade game.

#173 7 years ago

l like your idea @JonM, nice work, and a great summary of the movies into a game.

As for linear or not, I had an idea for ladder style set of rules (similar to GB) for a custom game so linear but encourages everyone to play all 3 balls as it is also allows the player to jumble.

3 modes in 3 ladders

mode option is triggered by a feature like a skill shot of similar to slimer on GB

Ball 1 - opens up the first option of each ladder. If all 3 are completed the second option is opened up early.
    Ball 2 - opens up the second option of each ladder. But then on completing a 2nd rung of a ladder, the first rung will then flash making it possible to complete that if it wasn't completed on the first ball.
    Ball 3 - opens up the third option of each ladder. But then on completing a 3rd rung of a ladder, the first rung & then second rung will then flash making it possible to complete that if it wasn't completed on the first & second ball.

Bonus points if you complete the ladders in order of the ball.

1 week later
    #174 7 years ago

I'm going to be boring and say we are due for another magic themed pinball machine. No licensing headaches. Stern can spend that money on the game instead of licensing. The theme is broad and ageless. Theater of Magic and Pinball Magic are such fun machines to play.

#175 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I'm going to be boring and say we are due for another magic themed pinball machine. No licensing headaches. Stern can spend that money on the game instead of licensing. The theme is broad and ageless. Theater of Magic and Pinball Magic are such fun machines to play.

Ermm.....

IMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPG

#176 7 years ago

My guess is LOTR VE will be next

#177 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

My guess is LOTR VE will be next

Unless they want to port that to new hardware I don't see them going back to that old board set.

#178 7 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Unless they want to port that to new hardware I don't see them going back to that old board set.

I thought stern said Vaults would use the old boards?

#179 7 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Honestly not a big deal to emulate the 6809 processors. PinMAME does it just fine.

#180 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Stern says a lot of crap...Gary said absolutely no way to a zombie pin. Too gross. LOL! They'll do it the cheapest way possible.

#181 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Honestly not a big deal to emulate the 6809 processors. PinMAME does it just fine.

maybe but stern found a way to mess up the emulation with the few test SAM games on spike hardware. Yes I played the them on site and they do have odd software? issues.

They still would have to code a wrapper and get the timing right it's easier with VP + pinmame to get the timing right / in sync.

#182 7 years ago

bob marley and the wailers
    fraggle rock
    stranger things
    kingkong
    jurassic parkworld
    star wars

#183 7 years ago

Westworld

#184 7 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy.

#185 7 years ago

Breaking Bad with I Am The One Who Knocks multi-ball.

#186 7 years ago

will not be back till at least 2018 so maybe later one and not next?

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

maybe but stern found a way to mess up the emulation with the few test SAM games on spike hardware. Yes I played the them on site and they do have odd software? issues.
    They still would have to code a wrapper and get the timing right it's easier with VP + pinmame to get the timing right / in sync.

Shouldn't be that hard to re-write it natively. I'd imagine they used C++ on SAM as well as SPIKE.

Take the time, do it right.

#188 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

They did. But then there's Batman '66, and all the rules for a VE went out the window.

#189 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Shouldn't be that hard to re-write it natively. I'd imagine they used C++ on SAM as well as SPIKE.
    Take the time, do it right.

LOTR is on the really old system in more or less assembler code

#190 7 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

It is in Motorola 6809 assembler code. Totally readable, though... it's not like it's hieroglyphics. Could be translated by someone in a few weekends (speaking as someone who codes and who's looked at the assembler code for this game).

#191 7 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I'm pretty sure Stern's programmers weren't using Assembly to write the code.

C or C++

#192 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

They did. But then there's Batman '66, and all the rules for a VE went out the window.

Ya but batman 66 isn't a real vault, imo. Well I don't remember them saying it was a vault?

#193 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ya but batman 66 isn't a real vault, imo. Well I don't remember them saying it was a vault?

It's not a regular vault, for sure, but it's not a new game either.

The rules for a Vault are Stern's alone to make. You can have something like Iron Man with small changes, Something like Spider-Man, with major changes, and apparently, something like Batman '66 with massive changes/new system.

#194 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

It's not a regular vault, for sure, but it's not a new game either.
    The rules for a Vault are Stern's alone to make. You can have something like Iron Man with small changes, Something like Spider-Man, with major changes, and apparently, something like Batman '66 with massive changes/new system.

Didn't spiderman Vault use the SAM boards? The only two games listed on sterns site, IM and spiderman say vault in the name, while batman 66 doesn't use the old boards I know... so I mean I don't consider it a vault, the PF is completely different. while the other two are identical but art change on SM

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Didn't spiderman Vault use the SAM boards? The only two games listed on sterns site, IM and spiderman say vault in the name, while batman 66 doesn't use the old boards I know... so I mean I don't consider it a vault, the PF is completely different. while the other two are identical but art change on SM

Yes it used SAM. The changes were on the art, playfield toys, and mechanics.

Batman '66 took it much further, replacing the left side of the playfield, while keeping the right. Also, it runs on SPIKE 2.0 with a LCD screen.

What does that mean? Well, the sky's the limit for vaults. Why does a re-run of Tron have to be on SAM with a DMD?

It might be. Most vault's may run on SAM and look similar. On the other hand, they could be greatly enhanced, ala Baman '66.

Exciting times.

#196 7 years ago

AFM remakes run on new boards, why not SAM remakes? Sinestro, for once in his entire pathetic life, may be correct.

#197 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes it used SAM. The changes were on the art, playfield toys, and mechanics.
    Batman '66 took it much further, replacing the left side of the playfield, while keeping the right. Also, it runs on SPIKE 2.0 with a LCD screen.
    What does that mean? Well, the sky's the limit for vaults. Why does a re-run of Tron have to be on SAM with a DMD?
    It might be. Most vault's may run on SAM and look similar. On the other hand, they could be greatly enhanced, ala Baman '66.
    Exciting times.

hahah, well ya. Luckily since they own it, they can do as they wish. Although if ex. tron went lcd at least the originals would be their own "thing". Meh whatever. I can still play with my pinballs

#198 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

AFM remakes run on new boards, why not SAM remakes? Sinestro, for once in his entire pathetic life, may be correct.

It happens a lot, and yet everybody always seems surprised.

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

new boards with emulation. and the emulation on MMR was buggy for a bit.

They even had the source code and they did not want to do the work to port it.

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-table/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.