Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1099 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2641 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2647 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    DSC00704 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5017 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1897 (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpg
    14882574915041381996440 (resized).jpg
    summer-of-42 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0104 (resized).JPG
    tumblr_o3alnuut431qcb892o1_r1_250 (resized).png
    beavis-butthead-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9401 (resized).JPG
    jimbo (resized).png
    SternCounterTableS15_16x9 (resized).jpg
    There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 7 years ago

My number 1 want is a star wars based on the original trilogy. Scooby doo and toy story would also be great for pins and for music I think they should go with Billy Joel (so much material there)

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

Iron Maiden is the only band left that deserves one as they're actually still active, relevant and good.

Agree Maiden would be good. Got to give props to one of my all time favorites. Still together.

IMG_9401 (resized).JPGIMG_9401 (resized).JPG

#53 7 years ago

I think Stern should do a battle of the bands style machine with a few different bands featured:

Queen, Bon Jovi, Rush

Either that or a mixed theme game that has the features band doing something other than just having a concert:

Nirvana saves the world from Aliens. Pearl Jam lost in time. Etc.

#54 7 years ago

No offense to all the iron maiden fans but i feel that this icense is a very exclusive market. I wish for you guys to get the theme but i just dont see myself or even the other pinheads i know purchasing that title.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Stern should do a battle of the bands style machine with a few different bands featured:
    Queen, Bon Jovi, Rush
    Either that or a mixed theme game:

That is a very interresting concept... Jeremy spoke, while jon was living on a prayer

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

No offense to all the iron maiden fans but i feel that this icense is a very exclusive market. I wish for you guys to get the theme but i just dont see myself or even the other pinheads i know purchasing that title.

Partially agreed, but Iron Maiden has a bigger following than Rob Zombie. Might not be Stern but sooner or later Iron Maiden will be made.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Partially agreed, but Iron Maiden has a bigger following than Rob Zombie. Might not be Stern but sooner or later Iron Maiden will be made.

No doubt, i think this is a spooky license. I dont feel iron maiden would fill the astrodome 4 days in a row. I mifht be wrong but i just dont feel it.

#58 7 years ago

I'm looking foward to Elwin's game.

#59 7 years ago

Elvira
    Star Wars
    Guardians
    Iron Maiden

#60 7 years ago

I heard it's a licensed port of Dialed In

#61 7 years ago

Elvira 3 from Wizbang then AC/DC VE most likely Luci since they are worth about as much as the LE's then Star Wars.

#62 7 years ago

Oh and unfortunately the Star Wars is going to have the same crappy pricing that Batman 66 had with the Prem, LE and SLE.

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Oh and unfortunately the Star Wars is going to have the same crappy pricing that Batman 66 had with the Prem, LE and SLE.

No.

LTG : )

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I wouldn't think so. Star Wars will be more geared to operators. So they need to keep the price at normal.

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Queen, Bon Jovi, Rush
    Either that or a mixed theme game that has the features band doing something other than just having a concert:

Battle of the Bands. Good idea.

And nobody's really done a grunge era pin.... and I'm guessing several 70s metalheads like it that way. But I'll bet many people would dig such a thing. It would be an injustice, however, if we just go from late 70s & early 80s bands straight to modern bands (with no pins!) as if the 90s never happened.

#66 7 years ago

I hope the Pulp Fiction & Archer rumors are true.

If Stern does Star Wars right I bet it becomes their best selling game of all time & stays in production for a long time.

I'm aging myself for saying this but I swore JJP staff members implied over & over again how JJP had the Star Wars license. Not once or twice but many times.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

I heard it's a licensed port of Dialed In

Called Phoned In.

#68 7 years ago

Wasn't mark Ritchie doing Pulp Fiction?

#69 7 years ago

How can they push out another machine when they have at least half a dozen machines with incomplete code! You people buy into this perpetual madness....

#70 7 years ago

A Coffee Table?
    A Pool Table?
    A Dinner Table?

#71 7 years ago

I'm wondering how they keep it a secret. Seems like there would be leaks or "spies" that would provide clues prior to official releases.

In anycase, to me it's a clean slate - they could go in any direction. I'm looking forward to the new larger color screens, expanding the possibilities of SPIKE, continuing the creativity. Not all the pins are hits.

I have no guesses but I'm still interested in knowing before anyone else.

#72 7 years ago

Munsters and Elvira would be two great themes.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

How can they push out another machine when they have at least half a dozen machines with incomplete code!

It is their legacy.

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

How can they push out another machine when they have at least half a dozen machines with incomplete code! You people buy into this perpetual madness....

Not me. I have zero intention of buying a Stern this year. I've been on the wait for code train one too many times.

Not saying I won't buy from Stern again in the future (very happy with the code on Met and TWD), but never again will I be a pre-order guy from them. DI! Will get my NIB money this year...even over Star Wars and Guardians (two themes I really love).

#75 7 years ago

No thanks on Munsters. Pulp Fiction with Zobieyeti art Jaws with Dirty Donnie art would be cool.

Let's assume there will be a VE this year. Tron or AC/DC are the two logical choices. Both would need new art. But why not just go full LCD? It's more work for them for sure.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

No thanks on Munsters. Pulp Fiction with Zobieyeti art Jaws with Dirty Donnie art would be cool.
    Let's assume there will be a VE this year. Tron or AC/DC are the two logical choices. Both would need new art. But why not just go full LCD? It's more work for them for sure.

I honestly couldn't see Jaws or Pulp fiction being of any interest to very many people. I may be wrong but I just dont see it.

#77 7 years ago

I wish they could get the Alien license and do it justice unlike . . .

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

If Stern does Star Wars right I bet it becomes their best selling game of all time & stays in production for a long time.

I agree

#79 7 years ago

How about TRON VE 35th anniversary with LCD screen and the original 1982 film added to the Legacy table?

#80 7 years ago

Iron Maiden is definitely coming at some point. Stern was playing Iron Maiden videos at the 30th Anniversary party! They were also showing other rock videos, and every one except Iron Maiden has already been used as a theme.

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

LOL! Every time I hear the word 'table', that's what I think of. A table.

Yep My first thought was Wow!! Stern is going to start making furniture too...They are really branching out!

Phoebe

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Iron Maiden is definitely coming at some point. Stern was playing Iron Maiden videos at the 30th Anniversary party! They were also showing other rock videos, and every one except Iron Maiden has already been used as a theme.

I also heard someone farted at that 30th anniversary party, so here comes Beavis and Butt-Head.

#83 7 years ago

beavis-butthead-1 (resized).jpgbeavis-butthead-1 (resized).jpg

#84 7 years ago

I guess I'm on the younger side for a pinhead, but I'm looking forward to the next generation of music pins - Pearl Jam, Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots. If Stern (or JJP) ever decides to dig into this generation of music, they'll be separating me from a lot of my dollars.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I honestly couldn't see Jaws or Pulp fiction being of any interest to very many people. I may be wrong but I just dont see it.

You're wrong.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

You're wrong.

Yeah maybe, that's just my thoughts on it. I've been wrong before....once.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have to say, with Stern's new SPIKE system, it really can bring older themes back to life. We already have a back to the future game...but imagine that game running on SPIKE, with Christoper Lloyd and/or Thomas Wilson doing custom call outs.

Type in your high score...Then hear Biff say "what kind of stupid name is that" or "must be rough being named after a complete butthead"

Hit start..Then hear Biff say "Looky at what we have here."

"Great Scott!!! You got an extra ball!"

The sound effects and the music (theme, Power of Love, Johny B. Goode, etc,), plus the new LCD screen.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have to say, with Stern's new SPIKE system, it really can bring older themes back to life. We already have a back to the future game...but imagine that game running on SPIKE, with Christoper Lloyd and/or Thomas Wilson doing custom call outs.
    Type in your high score...Then hear Biff say "what kind of stupid name is that" or "must be rough being named after a complete butthead"
    Hit start..Then hear Biff say "Looky at what we have here."
    "Great Scott!!! You got an extra ball!"
    The sound effects and the music (theme, Power of Love, Johny B. Goode, etc,), plus the new LCD screen.

Might be tough to get Christopher Lloyd to do some custom clips...

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Might be tough to get Christopher Lloyd to do some custom clips...

Why so?

#90 7 years ago

he's dead....

+1 for pulp fiction here

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

he's dead....
    +1 for pulp fiction here

I thought that was confirmed a hoax?

#92 7 years ago

Has there ever been an Arcade themed pinball machine. I say call it "Arcadia" and pick the top 4 or 5 games (pac man, donkey kong, galaga, and centipede. Have each game have there own section of the play field. You could also utilize the LCD for those games during certain parts of the game.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

he's dead....
    +1 for pulp fiction here

He's not dead. BTTF remake would be epic. I'd be in for a Dukes of Hazzard or Knight Rider pin. First grunge pin should be Nirvana...but they should just stop doing music pins.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

He's not dead. BTTF remake would be epic. I'd be in for a Dukes of Hazzard or Knight Rider pin. First grunge pin should be Nirvana...but they should just stop doing music pins.

I forgot about the Marty sound-a-like they could use too.

#95 7 years ago

I'd guess like the rest on a Star Wars theme. If it were a music theme, I'd love Queen. If it could be a machine of my hearts desire, it would be a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe pinball. I could also see a Guardians of the Galaxy as a potential theme.

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I forgot about the Marty sound-a-like they could use too.
    » YouTube video

Michael J Fox isn't dead either!

#97 7 years ago

Yeah we have one BTTF pinball that didn't have Michael involved, if we ever get another BTTF pinball in the future it should only be done if they can get everyone back including Michael or at least get permission to use his audio and visual assets from the films, I would LOVE a new BTTF

#98 7 years ago

Despite their licensing expertise, find it hard to believe the Stern Pulp Fiction rumours. Would be instabuy for me, but doesn't seem like Stern. Dutch, Spooky, Heighway, maybe. Stern are like the Disney of pinball.

But imagine Elwin on Pulp Fiction.

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Michael J Fox isn't dead either!

I figured he'd cost too much.

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

It's going to be based on the original trilogy and all rumours point to 2017 release date

Who did you hear will be doing the artwork and code? I can't wait to see what Steve Ritchie has come up with.

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-table/page/2?hl=crussomd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.