3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 381 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Psw757
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 93 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images-1 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    black_sabbath___wallpaper_hd_by_aerorock36-d78kfrm (resized).jpg
    motorhead (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    SLR_666Twins_poster_2048x2048 (resized).png
    74a5f0c569b70b1c71f06210220c77ee6ca89de6.jpeg (resized).jpg
    385af4a811dd352d104c92d4b7137a333d2eddef.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    NWA_3_embed_(resized).jpg
    a657_(resized).png
    831793fec15face6bb33acc6480cacc5.jpeg
    image-9_(resized).jpg
    11169300_800_(resized).jpg
    tumblr_marqo8Jxng1r37tnpo10_r1_400_(resized).png

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 3 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

It's Aerosmith and will have 14 songs plus

Thread closer!!!!

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I don't disagree, but that movie is culturally iconic.

"Culturally iconic" seems to be the excuse now to do any outdated band or movie. Gone With the Wind is culturally iconic. Benny Goodman is culturally iconic. Both are more iconic than any of today's ancient pinball themes.

I guess it all depends on what kind of culture you want festering in your game room.

#253 3 years ago

Well if it is Aerosmith that should buy Stern some time to get caught up.

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Well if it is Aerosmith that should buy Stern some time to get caught up.

Word. But then again, I thought KISS was a dumb choice - I don't like the band. But, the LE for it is gorgeous, sounds the best of all the music pins Stern's done, and is actually pretty fun, even in its unfinished code state, so who knows?

#255 3 years ago

I agree, but with Kiss there was a built in "Army" to market to. Aerosmith just doesn't seem to have that rabid fan base that Kiss does, IMO.

#256 3 years ago

I'd be so all over a Motörhead pin if they would make one. Lemmy FTW

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Culturally iconic" seems to be the excuse now to do any outdated band or movie. Gone With the Wind is culturally iconic. Benny Goodman is culturally iconic. Both are more iconic than any of today's ancient pinball themes.
    I guess it all depends on what kind of culture you want festering in your game room.

The good news is, you dont have to buy it, to fester you know.

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

The good news is, you dont have to buy it, to fester you know.

Good news indeed! All that money saved. As deep into pinball as I am now, I can't thank the makers of these new games enough for not making a single one that would make me want to pull out the old billfold.

#261 3 years ago

Speaking of musicians who had heart attacks on-stage, how about a Tiny Tim pin?

#262 3 years ago

Or the lead singer of Morphine

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Good news indeed! All that money saved. As deep into pinball as I am now, I can't thank the makers of these new games enough for not making a single one that would make me want to pull out the old billfold.

You seem bitter.

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

You seem bitter.

Not at all. I was just thinking about Joe Perry, wondering how he's doing. Pretty amazing as it seems like a lifetime ago I saw them at the Cal Jam and almost 40 years later he's still up there doing what he's always done. Hope he's gonna be alright.

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Culturally iconic" seems to be the excuse

Its the reason the main reason not an excuse.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I agree, but with Kiss there was a built in "Army" to market to. Aerosmith just doesn't seem to have that rabid fan base that Kiss does, IMO.

I can't stand Aerosmith, I absolutely loathe Kiss... but you can't possibly be suggesting that the Ramones, Iron Maiden, Guns and Roses, or any of the plethora of other bands mentioned in this thread have more selling power than Aerosmith or Kiss.

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I can't stand Aerosmith, I absolutely loathe Kiss... but you can't possibly be suggesting that the Ramones, Iron Maiden, Guns and Roses, or any of the plethora of other bands mentioned in this thread have more selling power than Aerosmith or Kiss.

Anecdotal for sure, but I don't meet many "rabid" Aerosmith fans - I don't know if the fans are the kind that would go for this sort of thing. Iron Maiden on the other hand has some of the most dedicated and rabid fanbase of any band still touring today, and I could totally see sales of an Iron Maiden pin exceeding an Aerosmith one because of it. It's a metal thing. Metallica doesn't have the same selling power as Aerosmith/KISS either, and I seem to see way more of those around than I do KISS.

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

but you can't possibly be suggesting that ... Iron Maiden ... have more selling power than Aerosmith or Kiss.

Absolutely, I have no doubt an official Iron Maiden pinball with good gameplay and code will sell much, all over the world.
    On most Iron Maiden shows, there are often three generations of fans, small kids growing up with a father who was introduced to maiden by his father again, and all three on concerts. And Iron Maiden are still actively releasing albums and actually playing lots of new material, and kicking ass onstage. Not getting commercial radioplay says nothing, Iron Maiden has made their living and success without radio play since the beginning.
    Combine this with the amazing artwork and identity they have created in Eddie, their maskot, and all the different settings they have themed their albums after, an Aerosmith pinball is just bleak in my comparison.

#269 3 years ago

wrong button

#270 3 years ago

Y'all need to get out of your own heads.Everybodys like I like Maiden I like The Ramones.So what!!!
    Stern is gonna go with the biggest baddest license they can get at a price that makes sense for them.
    Some licenses might just be too expensive.
    Honestly if The Beatles and Iron Maiden licenses cost the same which machine gets built?

#271 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

GnR or iron maiden would outsell Aerosmith, without a doubt

#272 3 years ago

Still waiting on a Spinal Tap pin.

#273 3 years ago

If they made a Beatles Yellow Submarine theme I would be so happy

#274 3 years ago

The Worlds Greatest Band

eflyer-Golden-Earring-680x974_(resized).jpg

#275 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I'd be so all over a Motörhead pin if they would make one. Lemmy FTW

I know Lemmy enjoyed pins and always wanted one made for the band he mentioned in a past interview, probably never come close to happening just like a NHL pin.

#276 3 years ago

Unknown_(resized).jpeg

images_(resized).jpeg

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

The Worlds Greatest Band

Because of one song?

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Because of one song?

Two... everyone remembers Radar Love, but forgets their other hit:

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Because of one song?

And....

Big sing along chorus

#280 3 years ago

50 years and they still get it:

When the bullet hits the bone.....(silent mic drop...)

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from vireland:Your experience is not the only experience - it's your experience. I know plenty of people that dig Iron Maiden. I was sitting waiting for a take out order in my car and had Sirius radio on when a Maiden song came on. Some random guy walks by and says "Yeah! Iron Maiden!" - I'm sure it wasn't anyone you worked with, but there are definitely Maiden fans out there

As I drove to a auction today I flipped thru the ol cd binder and put on some Maiden. Even stranger, when I get to the auction there's a guy about 25 - 30 years old wearing a Persistence in Time tshirt. Went right up to him and had a nice 10 minute conversation about Maiden and metal.

1 week later
    #282 3 years ago

Iron Maiden still attracting the masses in great numbers. Comon 2017 already.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-in-top-10-highest-grossing-tours-of-2016-so-far/

#283 3 years ago

PINK FLOYD.....Dark side of the moon.....then a Beatles game.....hem??? but what era????

#284 3 years ago
    Quoted from pindan3:

then a Beatles game.....hem??? but what era????

If you look at the Beatles catalog, there really are only 3 good albums near the end of their career.

When they released the Beatles on CD, they re-released them, in order, every few months.

EMI said they did it that way because otherwise the fans would just go out and buy Sgt Pepper, White Album and Abby Road - and never even consider the rest of the catalog.
    -

I own every Beatles CD (and vinyl), but I've never even opened some of the early CDs; they are just too goofy to listen to.

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Two... everyone remembers Radar Love, but forgets their other hit: » YouTube video

Twilight Zone is the only one I know. Never heard of Radar Love.

#286 3 years ago

I can't imagine a Budgie pinball machine can be far off. It fits all the criteria if you leave out those 80s kids that never heard of them. But who really cares. Some of them probably think Breadfan and Crash Course in Brain Surgery are Metallica songs.

budgie-bandolier-20140321145010_(resized).jpg

#287 3 years ago
    Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Never heard of Radar Love.

images_(resized).jpg

#288 3 years ago

Rush or Megadeth

#289 3 years ago

Bonzo dog doo da band

#290 3 years ago

G.G. Allin

#291 3 years ago
    Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Twilight Zone is the only one I know. Never heard of Radar Love.

#292 3 years ago

Sisters of Mercy.

#293 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you look at the Beatles catalog, there really are only 3 good albums near the end of their career.
    When they released the Beatles on CD, they re-released them, in order, every few months.
    EMI said they did it that way because otherwise the fans would just go out and buy Sgt Pepper, White Album and Abby Road - and never even consider the rest of the catalog.
    -
    I own every Beatles CD (and vinyl), but I've never even opened some of the early CDs; they are just too goofy to listen to.

No "Rubber Soul" or "Revolver"??

#294 3 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

No "Rubber Soul" or "Revolver"??

All the hits from those albums are sappy ballads.

Norwegian Wood, Michelle, Good Day Sunshine, Eleanor Rigby

In a pin, you are going to need some uptempo songs or the game will drag.

#295 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

In a pin, you are going to need some uptempo songs or the game will drag.

Like maybe Taxman?

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Like maybe Taxman?

It's so slow, I don't dare play it while driving at night.

#297 3 years ago

I wonder if a collaboration of different bands would work? Maybe buying a license for a couple of songs for each band? I'd love to see a 90's alternative rock themed pin (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, etc). Would be cool to be able to choose your musical tracks on a grunge themed pin and with newer LCD backglass you could have alot of cool video clips and animations.

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I wonder if a collaboration of different bands would work?

The mix of bands on Mustang are all Sony artists, so all the bands would probably have to be from the same label.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The mix of bands on Mustang are all Sony artists, so all the bands would probably have to be from the same label.

That makes sense. I'd like to see it!

#300 3 years ago

Golden Earring? Woulda been a good opener for these guys...BOC would be a kick-ass pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 230.00
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside