(Topic ID: 142658)

Next Stern Release 11/30/2015

By daveispinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What date will it be?”

• Earliest - 11/30/2015 9 votes
      14%
    • Average - 1/22/2016 47 votes
      75%
    • Longest - 5/25/2016 (Booo!!!) 7 votes
      11%

(63 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sternjpeg.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

So I went through and categorized the earliest date Stern put something on facebook, released a youtube video preview, or had a press release of their last 14 pins and using that earliest date came up with an average release between pins of 141 days with 87 being the shortest time. That means that we could have a new pin to talk about on 11/30/2015!!! This of course excludes pins that they have partnered with other shops on which have been numerous recently. Dates may be slightly off based on other available data, like pinside searches.

sternjpeg.jpgsternjpeg.jpg

#2 8 years ago

IMVE was a pretty big release even though it technically was not a new pin. Including it would change your average quite a bit with how high the TWD number is. Also if you dont include IMVE in your calc, then technically this thread would only be about new Stern releases which would discount the (rumored) impending VE coming for Xmas, which in turn could then delay the new release even longer...

#3 8 years ago

Are you counting Spider-Man 2.0?

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

IMVE was a pretty big release even though it technically was not a new pin. Including it would change your average quite a bit with how high the TWD number is. Also if you dont include IMVE in your calc, then technically this thread would only be about new Stern releases which would discount the (rumored) impending VE coming for Xmas, which in turn could then delay the new release even longer...

I excluded all the rereleases since they are technically not new.

#5 8 years ago

I need to change my (worthless) vote. GB Q1-Q2 2016.

#6 8 years ago

Did you factor in leap years, and El Nino????

#7 8 years ago

Next all new Stern won't be announced until end of December.

#8 8 years ago

they sure are making them fast.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Well, i heard maybe before Christmas.....and its GB, I've seen pics.

Were you wearing your glasses, foureyes?

#10 8 years ago

IDK if your date is correct but I do know the title

#11 8 years ago

I know stern can pump out like 400 games a week. But can they really announce a game by the end of November and then have them
    Built and shipped late dec?

The assembly line would still be making kiss and got machines.

Assuming that all GoTLE are sold. That would be 2 weeks of GoTLE on the line

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballophobe:

I know stern can pump out like 400 games a week. But can they really announce a game by the end of November and then have them
    Built and shipped late dec?
    The assembly line would still be making kiss and got machines.
    Assuming that all GoTLE are sold. That would be 2 weeks of GoTLE on the line

With the bigger factory it may be very possible to pull that off manufactering-wise, however the problem I see is that if they keep releasing a bunch of themes that appeal to the same demographic so soon after each other, then the games will start losing sales to each other.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

With the bigger factory it may be very possible to pull that off manufactering-wise, however the problem I see is that if they keep releasing a bunch of themes that appeal to the same demographic so soon after each other, then the games will start losing sales to each other.

Themes seem fairly varied the past few titles though----Zombies-Wrestling-Car enthusiast-Medival type (GOT)-Sci-fi (Star Trek)-Metallica (Music).......most likely Spiderman upcoming (Superhero).

They are covering all the bases at least so it seems to me?

Edit----whoops, forgot KISS, so they doubled up in the music area.

#14 8 years ago

You are missing Whoa Nellie. While not 100% a Stern title, it does use their board system and they also sourced the parts and manufactured the run.

#15 8 years ago

You also have to give them at least a partial credit for MMR. They were/are the assembly house.

#16 8 years ago

I will never forget that day when I was released on 01/18....

#17 8 years ago

Just to compare....of all the other Pin companies out there (non-stern related), what has been for sale that can actually get into your gameroom?

1)Scoregasm
    2)Full Throttle
    3)AMH
    4)WOZ
    5)Wooly
    6)Did I miss any?

My chiropractor was talking to me today about how much I like pinball, he said why not start up a company and make pins, he himself is a big entrepreneur, I said "No way, that is a ton of work, not easy to do" I couldn't even fathom the required amount of details to achieve a great end result.

TomGWI were just talking Saturday about how much time it takes just to properly shop 1 pin and put it back together, much less manufacturing ~100games~. Its tough.

Congrats to all the other pin manufacturers I listed for getting games out, Big applause for you guys.

#18 8 years ago

Captain Nemo maybe? It's certainly tough to bring a pin to market.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

You are missing Whoa Nellie. While not 100% a Stern title, it does use their board system and they also sourced the parts and manufactured the run.

Nellie and MMr aren't their development and idea. I counted only original titles by Stern. No re-runs and no runs as a result of others. Just true development and production by their guys. The exercise was to think about their original titles.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

IDK if your date is correct but I do know the title

Iron Maiden and Spidey VE

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sinbad:

Iron Maiden and Spidey VE

I thought Hendrix was the next music pin?

2 weeks later
    #22 8 years ago

Any ideas anyone? It is coming up to Christmas.. We are due for a new release!

#24 8 years ago

They are struggling to get GOT produced...maybe January will be the next machine to be announced

#25 8 years ago

Middle of January at the earliest.

The pinball community tends to be filled with geeks and nerds (yours truly!). Starting December 17th, we will be visiting the movies quite often for several weeks. If Stern is smart, they will wait to make their announcement.

#26 8 years ago

Yeah end of November seems too early to announce another title. When they start making a new title, do they quit making another title?

#27 8 years ago

With GOT backed up and not being able to deliver even pros they would shoot them selves in the foot to announce anything until they get through some current orders.

2 months later
    #28 8 years ago

Wow... creeping into late territory!!!

3 weeks later
    #29 8 years ago

Well here's the answer... 9/4/2015 to 3/10/2016... 188 days to market on this one. Didn't count SMVE... or any other VE's. Original to market 6 months... 3rd longest wait since 2009.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-release-11302015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.