Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pin_Crazed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    Tower-Bridge.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I've read maybe Avengers or Justice League....really?

And please not another Spiderman.....

Or how about a remake of TZ, TOTAN or Whitewater?

#2 10 years ago

1st, they only do Theme/License games.
    2nd, I doubt they will re-do any theme any time soon.
    3rd, AC/DC or Avengers next year? Hell Why not!?

#3 10 years ago

Stern would never re-make an already produced title. For a multitude of reasons.

You can bank on Avengers. They have done well with their Marvel license, and this one gives them Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk, all in one. Spider Man is not in the Avengers.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Or how about a remake of TZ, TOTAN or Whitewater?

Old titles are available if you want them. Rather see new titles than re-makes from Stern.

#5 10 years ago

I know I've said it before but why not a 'Harry Potter' pin? I'm sure the licensing fees would be astronomical yet to get a new generation interested in pinball it would beat another Marvel based theme.

#6 10 years ago

Far more adults buy Marvel products. Harry Potter is a children and teen theme. Stern isn't interested in attracting teens and kids to pinball. They are interested in attracting their parents, who have wallets with money in them. I bet they couldn't sell 1/3 as many Harry Potter machines as they could Avengers.

#7 10 years ago

I would love to see another Star Trek pin.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from teachp8:

'Harry Potter' pin? I'm sure the licensing fees would be astronomical

I think you answered yourself there. It would've been really cool IMO. I'm hoping for a Hobbit.

#9 10 years ago

Keep the super hero themes coming and I'll keep on buying. Avengers LE I'm in. Sit right next to SM, BDK, and IM. Hell, I'll consider Tron a super hero too. Will be able to do a lot of creative things with Avengers license. Sort of wish JJP got that license, would love the LCD treatment on that one.

Don't get me wrong another Star Trek Pin I would do as well. Great movie and theme too. The rock bands - not so much. I can't get lost in the theme while playing - let me get that guitar to go on tour? Seriously?

I'm still a tad sad on TF, grew up with that theme but just can't pull the trigger on what I see. Will likely regret but if Avengers is in fact coming I'll be ok.

#10 10 years ago

The new Star Trek movie doesn't come out until 2013. If I had to guess, I would expect Stern to make a Star Trek themed pin around that time.

But yeah... I'd love to see a great Star Wars themed pin released one of these years. Nobody has hit one out of the park with that theme yet. Also, if done correctly, a Harry Potter themed pin could be the greatest pin ever made. So much material to choose from that would lend itself perfectly to pinball.

#11 10 years ago

I second a Harry Potter theme, each mode could travel through the books, so many characters, could introduce some new techniques using magic, and my wife would probably let me buy it NIB.

#12 10 years ago

Star Trek,Star Wars,Avengers all interest me a lot! acdc does not!!! and SR is my favorite designer,I will be very disappointed if/when acdc is next.But there is always Steve's next pin which will likely have a LCD display in it .

#13 10 years ago

Harry Potter could be a great one...deeper than LOTR!

Parents have kids and husbands have wives to make happy .....Harry Potter could be an easier sell to momma.....

#14 10 years ago

An LCD display with any of those themes would be phenomenal.....

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Far more adults buy Marvel products. Harry Potter is a children and teen theme. Stern isn't interested in attracting teens and kids to pinball. They are interested in attracting their parents, who have wallets with money in them. I bet they couldn't sell 1/3 as many Harry Potter machines as they could Avengers.

I'll take that bet ALL day long.

And I'd rather see JJP do a HP title over Stern.

#16 10 years ago

Harry Potter would get my money as well. So many cool things you can do with that one (reverse fan on top for sucking sensation of dementors, LCD backglass that augments the mode your in, like if in hogwarts lcd would have pictures that talk to you, etc). I'd be in NIB as well.

Thought, with LE prices going to ~$6500 is the license that expensive now that all movies are done? Not sure I buy that anymore with all the HP stuff out.

#17 10 years ago

Harry Potter would be off the charts! I am eager to see what they do with Avengers too. It could be very cool.

#18 10 years ago

And I'd rather see JJP do a HP title over Stern.

+1.
    Even though I know Stern in all reality, would probably get the title first. One can dream right?
    Actually, I don't care who makes it...
    Just get the 'effing thing MADE already!!!

Here's a curveball.
    What about a Sherlock Holmes pin???
    Give it POTO style art/feel with some epic flow and crazy wireform ramps!!! (Maybe even a Tower Bridge return ramp? )

Tower-Bridge.jpg

SOLD!

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from teachp8:

I know I've said it before but why not a 'Harry Potter' pin? I'm sure the licensing fees would be astronomical yet to get a new generation interested in pinball it would beat another Marvel based theme.

Not a money issue, apparently the author doesn't want a HP pinball machine.

If you can get by that I think it would be a great idea.

LTG

#20 10 years ago

When they get rolling on the new system and LCD, I'd like to see Borg do a Star Trek Borg pin.
    Resistance is futile.

And since Stern likes variety, three versions of transformers LE, you could easily have two version of an LE. You are the federation, you are the Borg.

LTG

#21 10 years ago

I think any opportunity for Harry Potter has already left the building.

The series of books and movies are already finished, yes? (I don't follow it that closely, but I think the movie I saw this year was the final installment.)

If they were going to do a pinball, they should have done it years ago.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If they were going to do a pinball, they should have done it years ago.

So does that mean WOZ is going to fail then?
    HP will be a timeless license for both the books AND the movies.
    Whoever does get lucky enough to produce one, can make a THOUSAND LE's and sell them almost overnight!
    HP is a worldwide phenomenon... Period!

#23 10 years ago

Harry Potter would be amazing...but I think as the movies have finished stern has missed the opportunity

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

So does that mean WOZ is going to fail then? []

You don't really think that HP is going to become a timeless classic like WOZ do you?

A movie like WOZ is a once in a century accomplishment of art and promotion.

#25 10 years ago

Stern has remade titles in the past. Indiana Jones?

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Also, if done correctly, a Harry Potter themed pin could be the greatest pin ever made. So much material to choose from that would lend itself perfectly to pinball.

I would also love this. The blog-zine, http://droptargetzine.blogspot.com/ , did some mock up drawings in their magazines of HP pf's and honestly...look good

#27 10 years ago

I'm with you NimblePin, Sherlock Holmes is a winner!
    +1

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You don't really think that HP is going to become a timeless classic like WOZ do you?

It already is! (At least in book form...)
    I think eventually (in 20+ years time), the movies will get a "refresh" to follow the books a little closer.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

+1.
    Even though I know Stern in all reality, would probably get the title first. One can dream right?
    Actually, I don't care who makes it...
    Just get the 'effing thing MADE already!!! []

Here's a curveball.
    What about a Sherlock Holmes pin???
    Give it POTO style art/feel with some epic flow and crazy wireform ramps!!! (Maybe even a Tower Bridge return ramp? [] )

ya I agree. JJP would do an awesome game, just by seeing the WOZ PF. A new sherlock movie and I love the books and movies. It would be an awesome pin.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

It already is! (At least in book form... [8)] )

Check with me in 70 years on that one.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Check with me in 70 years on that one.

I'll tell the robot version of me to pass along the message...

images.jpeg

#32 10 years ago

HP is directed at younger audiences, while I agree it would be a smash hit as a pinball, I would not consider buying one because of the highly targeted demographic it aim's for.

A dorky kid with glasses as a wizard staring at me from the back glass and play field, ugh. Maybe if I were 8-14 years old I would think it was the coolest thing ever. I would much prefer an adult based mid evil theme such as dungeons and dragons or the Hobbit. Much more mature and timeless classic themes with endless material to choose from. But, they would not appeal to a younger generation as much as HP would, I am sure that would be evident in the license fee's

Yes, they should do another Star Trek Pin, Steve and crew really knocked STTNG outta the park, I would love to see what he could do with where the theme and technology are at today, that could be quite the amazing machine. Same with Star Wars, could really be amazing stuff.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

Maybe if I were 8-14 years old I would think it was the coolest thing ever.

I guess my "Man-Card" is just not cutting it anymore...
    Where are my pink scissors?!?

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

A dorky kid with glasses as a wizard staring at me from the back glass and play field, ugh. Maybe if I were 8-14 years old I would think it was the coolest thing ever. I would much prefer an adult based mid evil theme such as dungeons and dragons or the Hobbit.

How about a LE version with Lord V and his evil gang on the backglass? That would be one evil looking edition - more evil than Decepticons.

#35 10 years ago

do not take me wrong, I am not saying it is not cool or appealing to adults, I am suggesting adults are not the target audience. It is like Spongebob or Shrek, I think they are funny as heck as do many other adults, but I am not who they are going for. They are designed to entertain me as well as a younger mind, great writing and creativity put into it just like Harry Potter, but they are directed at younger audiences, they have to be good enough for the parents to sit through, over and over again

#36 10 years ago

Harry P already has legendary worldwide status! It's here to stay and now would be a great time to put it out.....+1 on the Sherlock NP, they could do a lot of interesting stuff with that one...

#37 10 years ago

And even though I like AC/DC and grew up on it, if Stern does that theme it will bomb....if you can't sell the Rolling Stones you damn sure can't sell AC/DC....

#38 10 years ago

Rolling Stones is selling fine. Actually still in production talking with the guys at Stern at expo.

AC/DC will sell just fine. Probably the best rock theme since Guns n Roses and that sold 3,000 units.

Not to mention AC/DC will be the most action packed rock pin ever, the LE even more so.
    A bell, a cannon, a guitar, and a lower playfield. Lots of drop targets also.

#39 10 years ago

Come on, AC-DC is 100% done deal!

Would like a Star Trek that covers everything or a little bit of each incarnation.

#40 10 years ago

I wouldn't rule out Star Trek. New movie has been pushed back to May 2013.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1408101/

#41 10 years ago

Star Trek would be great. Twilight would be funny because everybody would groan with disappointment.

#42 10 years ago

Hey,

Since we're throwing random themes out there, and debate timelessness and this and that, the new Muppets movie is quite possibly the most entertaining movie I've seen in I can't remember how long. I'd be much more inclined to throw a huge sum of money in that direction as opposed to any of the suggestions tabled already. That and Stern has already dealt with Disney getting the license for Pirates of the Caribbean, which might make it a bit easier to do. Then again, the game won't live or die on theme alone. If it's a good game, people will play it regardless of theme, and there are TONS of examples of this.

Luke

#43 10 years ago

Any arguing over Harry Potter is moot until the author dies. And maybe not after.

If they do make a Star Trek pin then I think it should be based on the new characters. I don't want to see William Shatner or Patrick Stewart anywhere on the pin.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Stern has remade titles in the past. Indiana Jones?

Very true. Even if Stern does a Star Trek or Star Wars game, it'll be a remake. If I was Stern right now, I would agree with Nimble Pin and go Sherlock.

#45 10 years ago

Sherlock Holmes is a hack compare to the great Hercules Poirot.

#46 10 years ago

I may be in the minority here but I would love to see a Futurama pin. So many good quotes and mode possibilities!

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from jsandjs:

I may be in the minority here but I would love to see a Futurama pin. So many good quotes and mode possibilities!

I second that Futurama pin. If two Simpsons pins were made, why not Futurama?

#48 10 years ago

I agree, Futurama would be amazing, what a awesome theme!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside