(Topic ID: 53930)

Next Stern: ManOfSteel

By PinballConspiracy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Saw man of steel today. Honestly I was disappointed. The movie was choppy going back and forth between his childhood and now and i thought it was 30 - 45 minutes too long, heavy on the fast flashy cgi battle scenes like that of Transformers and only 1 chuckle near the end of the movie.
    Although campy by today's special effects, I'll take the original Christopher reeves Superman I & II over this new flick. I thought the plot and story line was better on both of those.
    My .02, your mileage may vary.

I agree exactly on this, although I'm hoping that this will be just a foundation and the sequel will be a lot better in terms of writing and story. Needs a bit more humor, and definitely needs a better main plot. I thought the first half of the movie was actually very good, and enjoyed the lengthy Krypton beginning. But then the story just fails and it's a recycled plot with nothing new - ship gets sent to destroy Earth and hero destroys ship, and all done pretty quick. I miss the intelligence factor of Superman in the Reeves I & II - in both movies he was put in hard moral situations and had to make decisions, as well as outsmart and outwit his opponents. Nothing of the sort here - pretty much just beat them all up and it's over. No thinking involved, no hard moral decisions involved, no decisions and consequences to speak of. Would it have been that hard for him to think, "Hey, I really can't battle Zod in the middle of Metropolis and kills hundreds or thousands of people as we beat each other up?" and then take the action elsewhere?

The only redemption going forward is to have him deal with that in the second movie and those actions/consequences, and become a bit more morally grounded with less battle sequences and more story/thinking.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-manofsteel?tu=eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.