(Topic ID: 53930)

Next Stern: ManOfSteel

By PinballConspiracy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

I was disappointed with the movie as well. The first half was just a basic retelling of the origin. They spent way too much time spent on that. I did like Kevin Costner as the dad. Then just a retelling of the General Zod storyline in the second half. They already did a Superman movie about that. I was hoping for something new. No humor at all and much too dark, everything was black or gray with tiny dabs of color.

I wouldn't mind a good Superman pin but wouldn't want to see it based on this new movie.

#52 10 years ago

Please, LET them make Superman!.....gives us more time to save up for Star Trek, Predator, Spooky Zombie Situation, Hobbit.....

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If they waste john t on stupid superman theme i am gonna be pissed!!!
    The man has awesome designs and they need to give the man a proper theme to work with.

Ditto that!

#54 10 years ago

If stern makes superman and iron maiden they might have to close up shop.

#55 10 years ago

I think Man of Steel is a bad pinball theme. Just plain Superman (comics, like X-Men) could work. I have't seen the movie, but it seems too dark, serious, and generally Christopher Nolan-ish to make a vibrant, fun game. I'm picturing actors' faces on backglasses, crappy "style book" cut & paste artwork, with less colorful characters than the already ugly Avengers playfield.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

If stern makes superman and iron maiden they might have to close up shop.

Story checks out. Superman was Atari's last production pin, and old Stern closed up shop a year after making Iron Maiden.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I have't seen the movie, but it seems too dark, serious, and generally Christopher Nolan-ish to make a vibrant, fun game. I'm picturing actors faces on backglasses, crappy "style book" cut & paste artwork, with less colorful characters than the already ugly Avengers playfield.

Incidentally, everything I said except the Nolan comment also applies to the new Star Trek film(s). I'm not optimistic about that theme or especially its artwork.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If I know one thing, it's that my Iron Maiden brothers and I won't give up until Stern Gives us a pinball machine. People have no idea how crazy we are and we will pummel Stern with requests now that it is considered a possability.

Lol, i cant believe that this kind of message gets a -. Arw people here to have fun and discuss pinball or not?

I hope you and your brothers will get it. Maybe a good idea to not only spam stern but iron maiden too. Good luck.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Saw man of steel today. Honestly I was disappointed.

I agree. I couldn't believe how many minutes of fighting in and out of building I needed to sit through. Action looked amazing, don't get me wrong. But after it went on and on... geez.

Lois was refreshing, I enjoyed the young superman scenes, and that was about it.

It was too long, and could have been much better with more editing.

And I didn't really give a damn about most of the characters. Hard to like a movie when I felt little to no emotional attachment to them.

I liked Star Trek 2 better, and Iron Man 3 slightly better.

But it could have been worse (Superman Returns! LOL)

#60 10 years ago

Themes, its all so personal. Me, dont like super heros, i dont have any connection with that.

But.... Form all superheros, superman is the man. I can dig that. I think that can be a nice pin.

Cause even my uninterest in superheros, for pinball it does not get in the way. I still like transformers, the pin. And avengers is interesting too. (Transformers not really superhero, i know)

With some pins you just can get passed the theme if you dont like that for some reason, even when gameplay is good. With super heros i can.

A new superman pin? Bring it on!

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eryeal:

I miss the intelligence factor of Superman in the Reeves I & II - in both movies he was put in hard moral situations and had to make decisions, as well as outsmart and outwit his opponents. Nothing of the sort here - "Hey, I really can't battle Zod in the middle of Metropolis and kills hundreds or thousands of people as we beat each other up?" and then take the action elsewhere?

This too!!!!!!

#62 10 years ago

Man of Steel is a great theme for a pin.

And it could be rethemed Buns of Steel pretty easy.

LTG : )

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Man of Steel is a great theme for a pin.
    And it could be rethemed Buns of Steel pretty easy.
    LTG : )

or Balls of Steel

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-manofsteel/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.