(Topic ID: 53930)

Next Stern: ManOfSteel

By PinballConspiracy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I was blown away by the new film yesterday
    Yes I said "Film"
    I had thought they stopped making these in the early 90's
    A work of art for sure!
    Heard rumors of something being released between Metallica and StarTrek
    Superman????

#2 10 years ago

doubtful

#3 10 years ago

I would love to see Iron Man rethemed to Superman. General Zod could come our of the playfield, it would be EPIC!!!!

#4 10 years ago

Why not!?
    Star Trek makes more sense...

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Why not!?
    Star Trek makes more sense...

Does it? I liked the new Startrek but..
    Have trouble seeing another Startrek pin
    But, was hard to visualize Metallica too and it came out in a blaze of glory

#6 10 years ago

For those who say doubtful think again; I can tell you this it will not be the next title, but we sure will see a superman pin in the near future

#9 10 years ago

Hope not. Maybe its time for something different , instead of a band or movie .

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

in the near future

Guess that means Stern then...

#11 10 years ago

Bad idea. Superman theme, fine....based on the movie, bad. Movies like that are not "timeless" or "classic". I think immortalizing a summer popcorn flick is dumb.

#12 10 years ago

star trek definitely next. I'm guessing superman after based on clues from Facebook and here. Who is up next to design after Steve? That's the more important question.

#13 10 years ago

please no more superhero themes for a loooonngg while... Bring on the ZOMBIES, SPACE THEMED, SPACE ZOMBIES,etc..

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

What? Something other than a movie or band?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

You mean like XMEN?

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Star Trek definitely next. I'm guessing superman after based on clues from Facebook and here. Who is up next to design after Steve? That's the more important question.

John Trudeau should be the next one after Ritchie. His designs are always the best in my mind. Always unique. JD has the best layout I think. Just didnt have the software to back it up.

Jim

#17 10 years ago

I could see this. Really, the movie was very good. Too long, but still good. Best Superman movie yet. Somebody is going to get an Oscar for the costumes and special effects.

Chris

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

For those who say doubtful think again; I can tell you this it will not be the next title, but we sure will see a superman pin in the near future

That would be nice, but somehow it just makes too much sense.So it probably won't happen.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Star Trek definitely next. I'm guessing superman after based on clues from Facebook and here. Who is up next to design after Steve? That's the more important question.

Is Stern really down to 2 games in 2013?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Is Stern really down to 2 games in 2013?

No idea. But if they are building more of previous titles, knee deep in Metallica. And working on a new system ?

They have their hands full.

What ever happens. Sure is going to be an exciting Expo this year. I hope Steve's pin is launched there.

LTG : )

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

John Trudeau should be the next one after Ritchie. His designs are always the best in my mind. Always unique. JD has the best layout I think. Just didnt have the software to back it up.
    Jim

That's right, I forgot they just added him back to the team. I bet his first design back is going to be breath taking.

I just hope it isn't Superman . . . zombie theme for the win!

#22 10 years ago

Stern doing 2 games would be good as 3 games tends to make code incomplete.

i wish Stern would go back and update code on some older titles like TDK, TRS and others on the SAM system.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

If they waste john t on stupid superman theme i am gonna be pissed!!!

The man has awesome designs and they need to give the man a proper theme to work with.

#24 10 years ago

Star Trek, Ozzy, Superman, Angry Birds. I think Superman would be great as long as we don't have photoshopped art. But if it's a hero themed movie pin, it will have PS art, right?

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

I think Superman would be great as long as we don't have photoshopped art. But if it's a hero themed movie pin, it will have PS art, right?

This is what concerns me about Star Trek to tell you the truth. I'm worried the art package is not going to impress.

#26 10 years ago

Superman is being looked at yes
    It would be a release similar to Ironman I imagine in regards of release of the 2nd film with use of trailers of the 2nd and full use of first film.

The series is a trilogy and Christopher Nolan did an amazing job on the first film, seen it today and it was fantastic and WAY better than expected. Right up there with the first Dark Knight film.

#27 10 years ago

Stern has had some good games lately. I'm excited about Star trek. Stern must have really clammed up more than usual. There are one or two posters here that speak up in these threads that seem to know what future games are likely to be. I havent seen their opinions recently.

#28 10 years ago

Well, if so, this will be another superhero pin I won't get.....

Some of you guys liked it, I thought it was not very good at all and so did the people I went with.....

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Heard rumors of something being released between Metallica and StarTrek

Well obviously Iron Maiden...it's mentioned every other thread.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Stern has had some good games lately. I'm excited about Star Trek. Stern must have really clammed up more than usual. There are one or two posters here that speak up in these threads that seem to know what future games are likely to be. I havent seen their opinions recently.

Yep; I remember at least three posters here were "predicting" the XMen, Avengers, Metallica, and then Star Trek (in that order) . . . no predictions have been made about what is following Star Trek by anyone whereas before they were a good 18 months in advance.

#31 10 years ago

I never bought a comic book in my life. Dyslexia I suppose. I have come full circle on the Super Hero themed pinball STERN has put out. AT first I thought they were immature. Then I Started playing video Pinball FX on the X-BOX 360. And really liked the wild music and voice acting and the game play of these video super hero tables. Next thing you know I am buying up IRON MAN, X-Men LE, The Avengers LE , Spider-Man. So yes I would like to see a Comic or cartoon based Superman pinball I think it could be great.

#32 10 years ago

Saw man of steel today. Honestly I was disappointed. The movie was choppy going back and forth between his childhood and now and i thought it was 30 - 45 minutes too long, heavy on the fast flashy cgi battle scenes like that of transformers and only 1 chuckle near the end of the movie.

Although campy by today's special effects, I'll take the original Christopher reeves Superman I & II over this new flick. I thought the plot and story line was better on both of those.

My .02, your mileage may vary.

#33 10 years ago

I am a huge Superman fan, or as big a fan as you can be without owning any paraphenilia lol. And absolutely loved the movie. I've never saved up for a machine yet, but I know that Stern will make one and I'll be saving up for it when the next movie is released. They'd be insane to have made all of these other movie pins and miss out on the greatest brand in hero's ever created.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Although campy by today's special effects, I'll take the original Christopher reeves Superman I & II over this new flick.

I still haven't got around to watching the Donner version of Superman II. Might go see this new one tomorrow. At least Zach Snyder didn't write it.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Saw man of steel today. Honestly I was disappointed. The movie was choppy going back and forth between his childhood and now and i thought it was 30 - 45 minutes too long, heavy on the fast flashy cgi battle scenes like that of Transformers and only 1 chuckle near the end of the movie.
    Although campy by today's special effects, I'll take the original Christopher reeves Superman I & II over this new flick. I thought the plot and story line was better on both of those.
    My .02, your mileage may vary.

I agree exactly on this, although I'm hoping that this will be just a foundation and the sequel will be a lot better in terms of writing and story. Needs a bit more humor, and definitely needs a better main plot. I thought the first half of the movie was actually very good, and enjoyed the lengthy Krypton beginning. But then the story just fails and it's a recycled plot with nothing new - ship gets sent to destroy Earth and hero destroys ship, and all done pretty quick. I miss the intelligence factor of Superman in the Reeves I & II - in both movies he was put in hard moral situations and had to make decisions, as well as outsmart and outwit his opponents. Nothing of the sort here - pretty much just beat them all up and it's over. No thinking involved, no hard moral decisions involved, no decisions and consequences to speak of. Would it have been that hard for him to think, "Hey, I really can't battle Zod in the middle of Metropolis and kills hundreds or thousands of people as we beat each other up?" and then take the action elsewhere?

The only redemption going forward is to have him deal with that in the second movie and those actions/consequences, and become a bit more morally grounded with less battle sequences and more story/thinking.

#36 10 years ago

I thought it was a total dog - no character development, poor casting, mostly cartoonish special effects, criminal misuse of Russell Crowe... I did feel a little bad for the makers- how many times can they do retreads on the basic story? Oh well, different strokes I guess...

Oh, and I thought the original General Zod had a much more commanding presence than this guy (though I love him in Boardwalk Empire!).

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

It would be a release similar to Ironman I imagine in regards of release of the 2nd film with use of trailers of the 2nd and full use of first film.
    The series is a trilogy and Christopher Nolan did an amazing job on the first film, seen it today and it was fantastic and WAY better than expected. Right up there with the first Dark Knight film.

So, what's your take on Star Trek? Do you think they will have access to the first film's assets?

#38 10 years ago

I'm sure Iron maiden will be next,that's it

#39 10 years ago

Instead of Man of Steel how about "pin of original thought"

#40 10 years ago

If I know one thing, it's that my Iron Maiden brothers and I won't give up until Stern Gives us a pinball machine. People have no idea how crazy we are and we will pummel Stern with requests now that it is considered a possability.

#41 10 years ago

Obviously the artwork on Iron Maiden has the potential to be unreal and they have great international recognition . . . I think their lack of radio play in the US would hurt their chances somewhat though.

What we really need is a renaissance in music in the US to get our culture away from pop music . . . we need another Kurt Cobain to rise (and hopefully not kill himself this time) to once again dispense with all this pop we are bombarded with on the airwaves.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

This was all I needed to hear!!

Only thing that would have made this one better is if the female super/bad chick threw
    a manhole lid Kal-El and said "Superman!?"
    Knew this movie was badass when she isbwalking down the street with the big dude behind her about to fight Superman..

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What we really need is a renaissance in music in the US to get our culture away from pop music . . . we need another Kurt Cobain to rise (and hopefully not kill himself this time) to once again dispense with all this pop we are bombarded with on the airwaves.

Bluegrass!!

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Oh, please no Stern, don't do a Superman pin.

I think the problem I have always had with Superman is he is simply to perfect of a hero. No flaws, no weaknesses, no good bad guys to fight. I know, I know, there are a wide multitude of colored rocks that weaken him but . . . that is an external element not something he is susceptible to from another person.

Superman was always just a little to perfect for me.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

Quoted from Jedidentist:

Bad idea. Superman theme, fine....based on the movie, bad. Movies like that are not "timeless" or "classic". I think immortalizing a summer popcorn flick is dumb.

Stern, like every company is there to make money. To make new people buy new pinballs (cause a lot of pin collectors have a basemen full) they need to use the marketing and exposure push from the movie and music industry to sell the flavor of the month. No bashing or hate intended in my post, would love to see a new superman pin. The more pin you have to choose from the better. Just saying that movie and music theme pins are only at the very begining. At least we see bands we love and are good (acdc, metallica) but soon they will need to dig deep if they want people to buy a Justin Beiber or Black eye peas pin. When we get to that point I guess we will see the return of non music or movie theme pins.

#46 10 years ago

Loved the movie. I cannot get excited about a Stern game until they leave comic books and bands alone for a bit. Sci Fi pinball themes are going to get old too with Star Trek. I would send them money day of if they put out an original theme game, Ghostbusters, any Zombie theme, or horror theme.

#47 10 years ago

dear stern, please don't make superman, it is crap and will make a crap game that no one will buy and we will all buy hobbit instead.

#48 10 years ago

I think it will happen. I have been calling it for a long time.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-superman-man-of-steel

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

dear stern, please don't make superman, it is crap and will make a crap game that no one will buy and we will all buy hobbit instead.

If it is a solid game, with great rules, toys, flow and fun factor, many other people will buy it. Many, many people will buy it.

#49 10 years ago

For some reason I just don't think Superman is a good theme. I don't have a good explanation, it just seems kinda lame.

#50 10 years ago

Modern pinball has less to do with gameplay and more to do with theme. From his last seminar at the NW pinball show he basically said there won't be any sports themes, no anime themes, nothing that doesn't come with a massive fan base or very wide appeal. If he won't do a soccer or a football theme because there isn't enough universal appeal... then just how much luck does any of our small hobby wish lists really have

World War Z, if it was a blockbuster, might be the closest you'll get to a zombie pin.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-manofsteel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.