Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jar_Jar_aotc (resized).jpg
    p183991_b_v7_aa (resized).jpg
    IMG_7978 (resized).PNG
    Arnold+Jackson (resized).jpg
    battlefield_earth_main (resized).jpg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Email just received from our distributor - I think you can all guess the title

#2 6 years ago

#3 6 years ago

Be cool to see Star Wars with an lcd....

#4 6 years ago

battlefield_earth_main (resized).jpgbattlefield_earth_main (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

eh...heh heh heh heh heh heh....

Gee... I wonder whut it could be

#6 6 years ago

Am i reading that right? 15k for an LE??!?!!

#7 6 years ago

...and the LE @ 15K??

Guess that's not a bridge Stern will be crossing back over any time soon.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

That's after the exchange rate...sounds like we will be around $8,300.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Our friends in New Zealand pay that much. $12500 in Australia.

#10 6 years ago

I believe that's a little over $10,000 US.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Email just received from our distributor - I think you can all guess the title

Thanks for posting

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I believe that's a little over $10,000 US.

11041.50 (according to Google)

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our friends in New Zealand pay that much. $12500 in Australia.

Correct, that is in NZ dollars. We have to cough up for shipping and GST and some other undetermined margin...

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Wow. So Stern may be pulling another Batman 66 here and jacking up the prices for Star Wars? I hope there's a "normally" priced pro.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. So Stern may be pulling another Batman 66 here and jacking up the prices for Star Wars? I hope there's a "normally" priced pro.

And you're surprised...why?

At least there's no SLE nonsense.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

$10345 USD. Pricing will be similar to BM66, why would it be any different?

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think some of the latest release LE's have been $15k here in NZ, so there may not be another price increase

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

$10345 USD. Pricing will be similar to BM66, why would it be any different?

Edited: This is the AUS$ exchange rate... OP is from New Zealand . Oops!

#19 6 years ago

But just because NZ has to pay $10,345 of our dollars, it doesn't mean our price will be that high. I would still assume an LE in the US would cost around $8300.

#20 6 years ago

..doublepost

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

And you're surprised...why?
    At least there's no SLE nonsense.

How dare you...I want the SLE version...Slave Leia Edition

#22 6 years ago

Pros at $5100-$5200 right?

#23 6 years ago

We can consider the cabinets like the ventilation shaft on the Death Star!

#24 6 years ago

Star Trek top release for the decade?

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yea right, not even close!

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Saying Metallica wouldn't be a good enough hint at what's to come (though Star Trek is my favorite of this decade so far)

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

But just because NZ has to pay $10,345 of our dollars, it doesn't mean our price will be that high. I would still assume an LE in the US would cost around $8300.

Correct.

Both Australia and NZ have monopolistic distribution systems for NIB Stern pinball so presume there will be more competitive pricing in the US.

#28 6 years ago

Comic con 2017? For a July release date, I can't think of a bigger event. Someone start digging deep into everything comic-con has posted...

#29 6 years ago

Arnold+Jackson (resized).jpgArnold+Jackson (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

The listing could have been referring to Star Trek LE as the #1 Stern LE in recent years. Star Trek LE is easily the coolest looking LE's Stern has put out with a ton of neat options. Hopefully Star Wars LE has some cool LE features more then the normal powder coated armor and mirrored backglass.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Star Trek LE was MSRP $8,795. Throw in the LCD and its $10,000 for a Star Wars LE.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

"Star" being the important word. Implying Star Wars pin and will be no 1 release of this decade.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I've been afraid to post it on pinside because of the pinside backlash, but F it - figure I can take an ass reaming once in awhile but I too heard it out sold their previous top title for the decade which was previously AC/DC. I imagine Metallica has to be very close in the race though, especially with the license renewal.

It's funny, the hate for AC/DC is almost on the same level as the hate for ST. You either love it or you don't, very few have a middle ground on both of those titles.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

that is in NEW ZEALAND $$Dollar for LE

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from kimzone:

that is in NEW ZEALAND $$Dollar for LE

Ah, sorry... saw the flag and thought Australia... didn't notice the city

#36 6 years ago

To put things in perspective, our pro pricing is $9,790NZD (US is $5,200?) Our distributor here in NZ is shocking, it's cheaper for us (if you run your own business) to buy new Stern from Aussie. This brings the cost down considerably.

You can't use the currency converter magic with this one as our distributor adds nearly $2k per machine.

#37 6 years ago

Really? That sucks

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Correct.
    Both Australia and NZ have monopolistic distribution systems for NIB Stern pinball so presume there will be more competitive pricing in the US.

Same for Canada. We have 1 main distributor with the monopoly on all new Stern imports. Last month they decided to increase pro prices another $400 and that wasn't a result of currency exchange. It's at the point now that if you want to sell a used pro, you have to take a $2k bath on it.

Rob

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Same for Canada. We have 1 main distributor with the monopoly on all new Stern imports. Last month they decided to increase pro prices another $400 and that wasn't a result of currency exchange. They are now charging prices higher than MSRP equivelent in US$. I expect to see another price gouge come into effect when Star Wars hits.
    Rob

We know your pain. Exactly the same boat here, 1 distributor. However, ours was nice enough to add increase prices with exchange rate but will not decrease when the NZD is more favourable.

I always laugh when I see the guys on here saying "street prices" and having their choice of distributor, oh and the "if it hits $6,500 im out". They think the BM66 SLE was nuts at $15k well we pay that every day of the week.

The bit that gets me though is our aussie cousins have better pricing, much better.

Anyway cue Rotordave in 3, 2, 1

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

We know your pain. Exactly the same boat here, 1 distributor. However, ours was nice enough to add increase prices with exchange rate but will not decrease when the NZD is more favourable.
    I always laugh when I see the guys on here saying "street prices" and having their choice of distributor, oh and the "if it hits $6,500 im out". They think the BM66 SLE was nuts at $15k well we pay that every day of the week.
    The bit that gets me though is our aussie cousins have better pricing, much better.

We are lucky in AUS. AMD is an awesome distributer, always helpful, polite and honest.

#41 6 years ago

We are lucky in AUS. AMD is an awesome distributer, always helpful, polite and honest.

I've purchased pinballs from AMD before and agree. I've used a few aussie guys and pinballspareparts is good honest chap.

#42 6 years ago

Well...that email all but confirms TRON Vault.

Or maybe it could be Star Wars.....

yeah...it's Star Wars.

But, I would like a Guardians of the Galaxy some time.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

Been down that path before.

Flapping our gums doesn't make any difference.

I just buy old machines now, so I don't have to worry about it.

rd

#44 6 years ago

It would be nice to have a good distributor.

So here on top of the great pricing they want 20% down not knowing the title and you can't cancel it. What a deal!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

But, I would like a Guardians of the Galaxy some time

My guess - Archer = Guardians of the Galaxy.

You heard it here first.

rd

#46 6 years ago

best earner of the decade is ghostbusters.. its the best earning pin since potc. (for STERNS anyway)

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I also am into arcade machines as well now because of high ( ridiculous ) prices.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Been down that path before.
    Flapping our gums doesn't make any difference.

rd

There he is

RD for NZ Stern President 2017

Free dog walking, reach arounds and Lower pinball prices for all.....

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

There he is
    RD for NZ Stern President 2017
    Free dog walking, reach arounds and Lower pinball prices for all.....

I'll have to employ you for the reach arounds.

Dog walking and lower prices, I'm the man for that!

rd

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Same for Canada. We have 1 main distributor with the monopoly on all new Stern imports. Last month they decided to increase pro prices another $400 and that wasn't a result of currency exchange. It's at the point now that if you want to sell a used pro, you have to take a $2k bath on it.
    Rob

We've been above parity with the US dollar on a few occasions over the years and the end retail price from our local distro has never dropped to reflect that fact.

No street price either, MSRP is what you pay down here if you want to ride the Stern hype train.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-july-2017?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.