Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jar_Jar_aotc (resized).jpg
    p183991_b_v7_aa (resized).jpg
    IMG_7978 (resized).PNG
    Arnold+Jackson (resized).jpg
    battlefield_earth_main (resized).jpg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

There he is
    RD for NZ Stern President 2017
    Free dog walking, reach arounds and Lower pinball prices for all.....

You both have enough money and both pay crazy prices,why would coincascade change their pricing.

#52 6 years ago

Your right, I think dave did just spend about $500 on his Ali, that crazy, extravagant extremist!

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from MSN22:

You both have enough money and both pay crazy prices,why would coincascade change their pricing.

I haven't bought a new Stern game since Metallica .. thats when the prices went up.

rd

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Star Trek top release for the decade?

possible for NZ/ down under?

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

possible for NZ/ down under?

Doubt it. I would say Metallica or GB would be the most common late model pins down here.

I think maybe he was alluding to the title of the new pin.

rd

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Doubt it. I would say Metallica or GB would be the most common late model pins down here.
    I think maybe he was alluding to the title of the new pin.
    rd

I'm fairly sure ST is their biggest seller since LotR. Worldwide rather than local markets.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

My guess - Archer = Guardians of the Galaxy.
    You heard it here first.
    rd

Sorry RD my insider source says it.. KRULL!

IMG_7978 (resized).PNGIMG_7978 (resized).PNG

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sorry RD my insider source says it.. KRULL!

Wow. Even Krull uses fidget spinners.

What a loser.

#59 6 years ago

So is July the release/announcement date or shipping date? I'm hoping for a showing of SW sooner than July.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Correct, that is in NZ dollars. We have to cough up for shipping and GST and some other undetermined margin...

Damn value added tax

#61 6 years ago

If they think they will sell more units than Star Trek did it'll have a pro model and not be like BM66 with premiums and LE's only.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've been afraid to post it on pinside because of the pinside backlash, but F it - figure I can take an ass reaming once in awhile but I too heard it out sold their previous top title for the decade which was previously AC/DC.

Hmm. Stern has gone on the record previously that ACDC was their best selling modern game. I'd be pretty surprised if Star Trek passed that and they didn't make some big deal out of it.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm. Stern has gone on the record previously that ACDC was their best selling modern game. I'd be pretty surprised if Star Trek passed that and they didn't make some big deal out of it.

Agreed. It was dormant for quite some time on the production line. The did a final production run just before the license ran out, but its pattern doesn't seem to be one of "best seller ever"

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm surprised ST would be ahead of Metallica as well. It seems like that game has been on the line pretty pretty consistently since it came out 4 years ago. Seems like everyone and their brother own's one as well.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow. Even Krull uses fidget spinners.
    What a loser.

Hahaha They're friggin everywhere!

#66 6 years ago

I read that letter to imply that the new LE would be the biggest selling LE so that they could bring the Star connection from Star Trek. But maybe my brain just wouldn't let me believe ST was the biggest selling.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Agreed. It was dormant for quite some time on the production line. The did a final production run just before the license ran out, but its pattern doesn't seem to be one of "best seller ever"

WHo knows...there seem to be an absolute shitload of Star Treks out there on location. Maybe AC/DC was a better home seller but Star Trek being #1 wouldn't exactly shock me. There were 40-something of them on location in the NYC area at one point!

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm fairly sure ST is their biggest seller since LotR. Worldwide rather than local markets.

This is blowing my mind.

Dang.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. So Stern may be pulling another Batman 66 here and jacking up the prices for Star Wars?

Jump to conclusions much?

#70 6 years ago

I have a very reliable source that said of the pending title:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw...

NOT A DAMN THING.

Let's just keep on speculating.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I agree! AC/DC has been Sterns best selling machine in recent times.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from KJL:

I read that letter to imply that the new LE would be the biggest selling LE so that they could bring the Star connection from Star Trek. But maybe my brain just wouldn't let me believe ST was the biggest selling.

That the next title production run of LE numbers will challenge Star Trek for the number one LE spot (799 units).

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

That the next title production run of LE numbers will challenge Star Trek for the number one LE spot (799 units).

So they are going to make a total of 1000 LE's. That would make cent$. 500 dark and 500 light.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

So they are going to make a total of 1000 LE's. That would make cent$. 500 dark and 500 light.

Or 1500, 500 from each of the three first movies. Each 500 broken up between the light and dark side

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Or 1500, 500 from each of the three first movies. Each 500 broken up between the light and dark side

I hope not. Wouldn't want a game with a bunch of Ewoks on the backglass.chewy and the 7 Ewoks

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I hope not. Wouldn't want a game with a bunch of Ewoks on the backglass.chewy and the 7 Ewoks

That would be awesome for me! I am part wookie.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I doubt Ewoks would make it onto the artwork as they were just a distraction in the 3rd movie.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Yeah, I thought that too ...

Star Wars leaves its way open for all sorts of fanboy LE versions .. or Super LEs.

If it was my company, and I was pocketing the cash, I'd go

Pro - usual deal
    Premium - usual deal
    LE - usual deal

100 SLE Luke Skywalker at $15k
    100 SLE Darth Vader at $15k

Seems to be plenty of pin-cash out there ... you may as well grab it

rd

#79 6 years ago

LOL, every day pinside makes me laugh like that dood out of Guardians of the Galaxy!

#80 6 years ago

I want the Special Edition of the SLE.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I want the Special Edition of the SLE.

That's $20k. SSLE.

rd

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

That's $20k. SSLE.
    rd

I think you meant Some Sucker's 20k LE

#83 6 years ago

I recall chaos and riots may ensue at the notion of ever paying 10-15k for NIB pins less than a year ago.
    The force is certainly strong with Stern!

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dated a wookie in high school for a little while. She said she was Persian but I knew better, her dad had the growl down pat. It's not a treasure trail if it keeps on going.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think you meant Some Sucker's 20k LE

Yeah, that works too ...

rd

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I dated a wookie in high school for a little while. She said she was Persian but I knew better, her dad had the growl down pat. It's not a treasure trail if it keeps on going.

Use the flour trick.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Use the flour trick.

I tried, she made pitas.

#88 6 years ago

Whatever SW they make, BRING IT ON.
    NOW,I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE.

#89 6 years ago

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... they started writing the code update.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I have a very reliable source that said of the pending title:
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw...
    NOT A DAMN THING.
    Let's just keep on speculating.

Did they see the pin at 31 Flavors last night?

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... they started writing the code update.

We wish!

#92 6 years ago

You guys are all wrong they have some left over green slime rails from Ghost Busters and will re-purpose them for the next Stern Pin.. "You Can't Do That On Television"

p183991_b_v7_aa (resized).jpgp183991_b_v7_aa (resized).jpg

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

You guys are all wrong they have some left over green slime rails from Ghost Busters and will re-purpose them for the next Stern Pin.. "You Can't Do That On Television"

Just before the auto-plunge it says "Ready...Aim....."

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Ewok, maybe.

#95 6 years ago

High score music anyone?

Rob

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

High score music anyone?
    » YouTube video
    Rob

John Williams is a freaken genius!!
    Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, the list goes on and on and on...
    Superman, Close Encounters, Harry Potter, Saving Private Ryan...

#97 6 years ago

There should be a jar jar binks super duper LE. JJBLE

Jar_Jar_aotc (resized).jpgJar_Jar_aotc (resized).jpg

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from fugus:

There should be a jar jar binks super duper LE. JJBLE

You know Nicks Figureeees would be first in line for that one, Johnboy ....

rd

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-july-2017/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.