Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#528 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's not a zero-sum game. The market is growing. It's fine that JJP is taking market share from Stern, because Stern is still seeing large growth overall as the industry leader.
    Stern isn't going to overreact JJP getting some Wonka's out the door after watching them tread water for several years. (I'm sure they appreciate JJP for experimenting with how much you can jack up the price in the base/premium/LE model)
    I really don't think Stern is worried about Spooky. 500 games a year is just not worth much thought. Stern can sell about that many LE's 4x a year.
    I think Stern isn't concerned with JJP and Spooky because of the mixed opinion of operators and their build quality. Plus it's just hard to beat the price on a Stern Pro. (Sure Stern has their own build quality issues too, but the perception is different for most people).
    I think Stern should be concerned with CGC though. They're cranking out classic games that people love for a decent price. If I see a lineup full of new pinballs, it's going to be mostly Stern and with some CGC.
    American Pinball. I'm writing their name just to prove I didn't forget about them. Just not worth talking about.

This right here. 6x upvote multiplier should be available.

Also, Wonka looks kind of boring and slow just like Oz was (IMO) but to each their own.

1 week later
    #677 4 years ago
    Quoted from TrueJedi:

I don't think a SW home edition is what anywhere here wants or was hoping for (myself included). A lower cost Star Wars pin could very well appeal to buyers who don't own a pinball machine, but enjoy the concept and theme. I'm just not confident pricing around $4k USD, like they did with Spiderman, is low enough to sizeably penetrate that non pin-owner market if that's their goal. On the arcade machine side arcade owners were disgusted with the Arcade 1Up machines when they came out, but their low cost pricing allowed many non-arcade owners to pony up and buy. It also helped that many well known retailers sold them. Sales have been decent enough that Arcade 1Up is now bring out more themes and designs. Again, the Arcade 1Up machines are not $4k USD, but under $500.

Have you seen the size and build quality of the 1Ups? Arcade owners were in no way shape or form threatened by the existence of these. I am not really sure what you are suggesting here. A $500 SW pin made out of particle board for little kids?

#738 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjruser:

It's a Frank Zappa pin for sure!
    Backglass based on 'Dinah-Moe Humm'
    I poked 'n stroked till my wrist got numb
    But I still didn't hear no Dinah-Moe Humm,[quoted image]

I would want a Bayyyybyyyyy Snayyayaykkkesss multiball.

#796 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Arcade threads are blowing up right now with 1up arcade mods, and I would strongly argue that price and placement are strong factors in their "success."

Lol, what? Every big box store has piles of these they are trying to sell for 60-70% off. They are shit and so tiny they aren't worth it over any other DIY Mame solution.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=tpir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.