Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#573 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm going with Stranger Things for several reasons.
    1) JW: wasn't a flop but it didn't do nearly as good as the first one. There is no buzz around this movie and I honestly think no one really cares to see another. They have made 5 or 6 of these movies. There is no buzz. Lets also admit there has been more than one JP pinball games already where is the buzz for another one over another title worthy of Comic Con coverage.
    2) Stranger Things: Despite the fact I'm not a fan of the TV show, a lot of people are and the TV show has a lot of buzz. The new series just came out which NetFlix would totally embrace at comic con. No one has ever made a Netflix pinball game so this would be a first, that is buzz.
    3) Elvira: She's really old news in Hollywood and the comic con audience. I'd go with no chance here. Elvira is popular pinball title but not worthy of comic con reveal.
    4) Music Pin: No chance you would debut that at comic con unless it was Queen which had a recent movie. Zero Chance.
    I'm going with Stranger things 110% because of the reveal location. There is no new JW movie being promoted right now and wouldn't warrant a comic con reveal. Stranger Things is a hot comic con title.
    I'm going with Stranger Things NOT JW.

Well The last Jurassic World is the 13th Highest grossing film of all time and the first Jurassic World is #6. Pretty healthy international numbers too. I agree that the last couple of movies were disappointing but it sure still is a popular franchise. That being said, I hope it's Stranger Things too.

#579 4 years ago

I just hope it's in the final bank at Pinburg.

#749 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

The numbers I posted are 110% correct and Box Office Mojo does have the adjusted numbers for JP series. I was only posting North America numbers, World wide numbers the studios don't even get half that money. As for example in China they're getting a small fraction of theatrical run and sometimes they don't get any. Many times those markets buy into the film for their market, they pay one price and they own the film in that market. When they're making a new movie most of the time they sell foreign markets in advance to raise the money to make the movie. Studios get about 80% of the gross the opening weekend in north america and it goes down to as low as 30% at some point. Studios goal is to make its money back on a theatrical run but to do that they need to gross back 3 times the budget. Many directors, actors, and producers get points on a theatrical run, the money for the studios is everything after the box office.
    Theatrical runs are advertisement for the films for the next 25 years where they really make money... selling rights to cable, netflix, dvd, and licensing.
    Either way here is the link to JP series adjusted and unadjusted grosses: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=jurassicpark.htm
    As you will clearly see the latest JP film is second to last in gross after the adjustment. We're talking about NA only. BTW many films didn't get tracked for overseas, hence there are no numbers for much older movies.

So that's why you're not using international numbers? Lame. Stern markets globally and JP is a global brand whether you like it or not.

#802 4 years ago

Time to dial back my Elwinmania...

#1105 4 years ago
    Quoted from thecashier76:

I have a bad feeling that this might make used pro’s more expensive. Especially Star Wars pro’s. Why would someone sell their pro for $4500-$4800 when the new PIN is $4500?

If past history is any indicator, you won't see many Home Edition games for sale on Pinside.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.