Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matesamo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#984 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I'm willing to bet that you won't see this game at Walmart or Target at least not in physical stores and yes it will most likely end up at Costco but think of their target demographic... people who go to Costco go there because they are on a budget hence why they are buying a 12 pack of deodorant or enough frozen chicken to last you a year.

People on a budget go to Wal-Mart, not a membership club that requires annual membership fees and paying in bulk for items not needed for months. You go because you can afford to spend $500 a trip to buy items you won't use immediately but will save you money/time down the line. There are not a lot of beater vehicles in the Costco parking lots here, their customer base is well above average in income.

The Motley Fool did a report that found "Costco's entire membership base spends on average about $2,500 a year at its stores. Due to the membership fee, Costco's customers tend to be wealthier than the average American and have an average household income of $100,000." Now I know $100,000 a year is considered on the poorer side for Pinsiders (cough cough) but it seems like a solid target to aim this product at.

Having said that, I figured $3,999 retail would be the absolute top of the pricing chain but if that is distributor cost then I will be very interested to see how this plays out. Stern has done some research into the market for an item like this, lets see if it actually pays off for them.

#993 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Nah.
    Try
    Used SW Home Edition $3300
    Used SW Pro Pinball $4700

New SW Home $4,000
    New Star Wars Pro $5,799

That is pretty substantial difference for the casual interested buyer. Sure there are differences between them and the Pro will be a much better game and value long term (I would assume) but those saving go a long way.

In reference to the SW Pro HUO sitting around unsold for $4700 I put myself in the mind of a non-pinball geek. I checked Facebook Marketplace for "Star Wars Pinball" within a 100 mile radius (includes Boston, RI, CT and parts of other states). There are no machines found, it goes outside of 100 miles and I can get a Star Wars LE for 10k if I drive to NYC and an Episode 1 for $5,150 in NJ. Craigslist (with a 200 mile range) has a Star Wars LE for $7600, that's it. If I Google Star Wars Pinball it comes up with the $5,700 price new. Oh and if you find one of those $4700 HUO Star Wars Pros on CL or Facebook expect to be told that you have to go to a strangers house to look at it, bring cash and deliver it yourself. Great!

#1004 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I agree that people who shop at Costco tend to be wealthier than the average Walmart shopper, but they also tend to be thrifty and or budgetary don't you think? Just because they have more money doesn't mean they aren't going there to save money. I'd also like to see how many Costco stores actually get these, Costco knows their audience and I'm willing to bet that these wont be at every store.[quoted image]

Well the average Wal-Mart customer has an annual income of $56,482 so the difference is huge. Costco customers are thrifty and budgetary but not due to financial limitations, they spend on other things (vacations, entertainment, etc) which was what I was trying to point out. Some of the cheapest people I know also drive the nicest cars, its just how they spend their money that counts.

Anyways, I too would be curious as to how/if these are sold in physical locations and how they are received. That may be what I am most interested in out of this whole thing.

#1012 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

took literally 5 seconds to find 1
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81874
    others that were sold for 4700 in the past month
    here is one with shaker for 4700
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-wars-pro-w-shaker#post-4975290
    4800 loaded. pretty sure it sold for 4700 also
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-or-trade-star-wars-pro-2
    4700 is a pretty well established asking for a nice low play Swpro currently

Right, doesn't this completely contradict your claim that "HUO SW pros = sitting unsold for 4700" when two of your examples sold at the price and the one that is still available is not HUO as it is on location? Or am I missing something?

#1015 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

I think these home machines have an opportunity to sell at upscale stores like Hammacher Schlemmer, or your local game room store. Put the items side by side: Star Wars Home at $4000, GOTG at $6000, Deadpool Premium at $7500. That Star Wars is going to look pretty good to an uninformed consumer just giving a test run: looks like pinball, plays like pinball, costs $2000 less because it doesn't have a coin slot and has a smaller screen.

I cannot tell you how many times I have mentioned playing in a pinball tournament to someone at work and they have no idea that there is any skill involved, they think its just chance.

It's not like Stern hasn't put out a game in two years and then announced this, they are putting out games faster than ever and it doesn't look like they are slowing down anytime soon. If they can get side projects like this going and keep their employees and lines working between major releases, so be it. Not sure why people take a Stern product they are not interested in (Beatles theme? Insider Club? Autographed sword? Home editions) so personally.

#1016 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not going to go look for more to prove the point. Took 3 minutes to show you that they are easy for find at that price.
    used SWpro is a 4700 dollar game.
    Go buy a damn home edition for 4k you twit.

All right dude, relax a bit. Breath. There you go. Exhale.

I'm just trying to figure out how showing multiple Star Wars Pro's selling for $4700 supports your claim that HUO Star Wars Pros are sitting unsold for $4700.

#1025 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

completely relaxed
    Does not change that you are incapable of understanding that those now sold examples took more than a day to sell and there are other HUO examples at the same price sitting available right now.
    Anyone selling a CBW for almost 2k, can afford to go buy the full PRO version of SW for 4700. No need for you to fret so much over the $700

Ok, I think you are just having a laugh at this point so I am shaking it off and moving on. Thanks for reminding me to end my for sale ad, pinside donation made!

#1031 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I think if Stern can somehow do almost a customized pinball where you can customize the playfield theme / graphics on their website having a completely mostly unique game. So say you had a dream theme [insert title here] that you know likely won't ever get made, some favorite band, or movie etc. They would give you say 3 playfield layout choices, upgraded various options / features on the site as you order & customize.

It will happen eventually. Click on the "Music" category, select one of the three layouts (each has a music themed toy of an instrument) click on the band you want featured from a drop down list of licensed bands and click order. Sure they don't need 3,000 Rancid machines but if you could order on demand and choose from Rancid, X, Suicidal Tendencies, Pennywise, Interrupters, Offspring, Germs, Dead Kennedy's, Misfits or some other band...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matesamo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=matesamo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.