Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 4 years ago

Given Stern's recent attraction to old man themes, I think you will see a Led Zepplin pin before you see another metal title.

#284 4 years ago

I think the next game will have a fan layout, 2 ramps, a long bilboard target, a scoop and for an extra $2k-$4k, you will get a spinner on the loop shot.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so looking like
    Jurassic World
    Jaws
    Bill and Teds
    Some other washed up metal/rock band theme
    Yet another comic/action character theme

Which one will be a Premium/LE only Kapow title is my question...since Batman is ending, and Beatles...well, Beatles may have already ended production?

#322 4 years ago

Also remember there is another specialty marketing partnership pin coming, similar to the Supreme machine.

#338 4 years ago

You just hate it because JJP is doing it, since you have never had a positive comment about JJP on here.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well let's look ahead to what Pinside will say...
    Characters - No real clips form the show, Bubba does the voices, or clips form the show with no audio fro some reason people go apeshit
    Music - The theme song plays endlessly like GOT and everyone piss & moans aboot it
    Upside down - WTF color changing GI on only the Prem+?!?
    Psychokinetic powers - WTF Stern dropped the ball by not having magnets....she got powers and no magnets this is bullshit!!!!
    Or some such shit.

Doesn;t seem like it to me either, but kids always love Dinos and they both made almost 2 billion at the box.

Don't forget art and coding. Lonnie is due up to lead code on something soon...it's been a couple years since GOTG came out.

#391 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Not saying Stranger Things is greatest show ever. First couple of new episodes have been "meh".
    But it is super popular. And it's higher quality than the turd sandwiches that were the last 2 Jurassic movies .

Are you giving legal advise again, Ben??? LOL

#550 4 years ago

I'm thinking the 6th week of July.

1 week later
    #739 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Rat Fink ![quoted image]

Even though it has zero chance of happening, a Rat Fink pin would be amazing between the art and the possible storylines.

#839 4 years ago

$5199 shipped, no tax for the last Spike 2 machine I had quoted by a large distributor.

#852 4 years ago

I'm not posting their name here and getting them in trouble...call around and ask for prices. They are large and advertise on pinside. The last one I called about was in January, so no promises that price is still good. I'm assuming the shipping distance plays a role in that price as well.

#888 4 years ago

At least it has a blank coin door instead of a wood panel. Already looks more appealing than the pro

#899 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’d be happy if they just retheme Iron Maiden into just about any other theme. Love the 4 flipper layout.

My thoughts exactly. It could be Thomas and Friends for all I care.

#1026 4 years ago

I'm guessing these are going to show up in the sky mall catalogs on airplanes and whatnot. Pinside, you aren't the target market...you need to get over that. Stern is smart to Branch out into this segment, because it's going to feed more people into their higher end products if they like this home machine. These are going to be completely new crop customers, and can potentially yield sustainable growth down the road. This is what you have to do when investors own your company and demand growth in their investment year after year. Why am I one of the only ones seeing this point of view?

#1054 4 years ago

Over/under on code being deeper than Munsters?

#1112 4 years ago

Looks to be more fun than the pro, honestly.

#1328 4 years ago

Another reason for loss leader pricing would be a company trying to undercut the competitions pricing to poach some customers away. As of right now, Stern has no competition at the street level pro price point...so all they would be doing is robbing themselves. Maybe this is a bit of effort turn the screws in on an already far-fetched set of missed promises made by Deeproot. From what I have seen so far, i'd much rather play this than a pro. I'm a big sucker for ramps protected with drop targets. This thing already has 3 more drop targets than a Munsters Pro. We have SW pros all over on location here, and I have no desire to drop quarters in them any more. There is one even set to 5/$2 right now.

Gameroom Guys or The Pinball Company (I forget) is advertising them at $3999+$400 shipping. If they come down to $3499 shipped, I would possibly consider one. Need to play it first though.

#1331 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

But if that's the case (and I certainly agree that could be motivation...) - you don't show your cards early.
    Stern could have designed this... and kept it in the wings waiting for deeproot to pop their load. And when deeproot is all promises and splashes... Stern could turn around and say "hold my beer..." and launch their title afterwards with knowledge of what deeproot's price and feature point is.. undercut them... and still ship it before deeproot produced in volume.
    Launching before Deeproot hurts your ability to counter them or take the wind out of their sails.

I personally think Stern will be remaking more classic games of theirs at some point...at a much cheaper price point than pro level pricing. Say $2500-$3000. These games would be direct competition to a competitors "cheap" games. There has to be a way to mass produce an old game with some newer "under the hood" components, and things like LED digital display boards similar to what the aftermarket companies are doing. No Spike2, no R&D resources like a new layout would require, no art package to come up with, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.