Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#857 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

WAS
    SW was a while ago. 4800 was pretty standard then

Why do you always do this with stern pricing? You quote something from 5+ years ago and act like that is current or recent pricing. Then you pretend like you get your games for cheaper then everyone else but never have jack to back up anything you say. Best pricing for SW was around $5200 and people paying $5300-$5400 was very common. You literally do this all of the time. Now you are making fun of someone else saying they got screwed when your # is completely made up.

#862 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, other get the same prices I do. They just dont mention it here for fear of no longer getting those prices.

Doesn't seem like they should be afraid. You say this stuff all the time and what was it, last year when you were claiming TWD pro was $4200?

Quoted from zaphX:

It is amusing to me everyone is so concerned about what I paid for a game in Summer of 2017.
    It was literally the week of release. I just saw the game at CAX and ordered one, without playing it, as an experiment to see if I liked pins. I figured if I didn't, I could sell it and not lose too much. We can see how that experiment turned out.
    I really don't care if I overpaid by $500 or whatever you guys think the price should have been on a launch-week title. Doesn't matter one bit to me.

Most distros are not going to give a great deal to someone they don't know or haven't dealt with before. You maybe could have saved $200 or so but you got the game and have enjoyed it and that's all that matters.

#1251 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am pretty sure that Stern is very comfortable with the troll roll.
    This is kind of that new era of marketing style where it is cool to F with your customer base. Problem is that Stern comes off kind of prickish rather than "ha ha we got you" since they dont really engage with customers outside of these things.
    Also, it really seems like they think any press is good press, when reality is the opposite in todays world.
    The hard reality is that Stern trolls their customer base, continues to cheapen products, has recently gone radio silent on the many QC issues they are having (including no longer replacing parts that are defective within warranty? I hope this gets fixed ASAP), and steadily charges more for less.
    It seems like everytime they make strides in one spot (hey look... sweet code update for a 2 year old game) they F up on the flip side (shit marketing PR and more and more defective pfs going out).

Not really true, according to you they are charging you less, much less. How long before you claim distros are calling you to take a SWHP for $2500?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.