Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#645 4 years ago

Stranger Things would be the smart move. Strike while the irons hot and expand the demographic and business. Stern never seems to go for the smart move. Deadpool was a massive hit as the comic book world rejoiced with the brilliance of Ryan Reynolds, its sarcasm, wit and adult content. Stern went for family friendly baby Deadpool?! Jurassic World was the perfect moment to drop the pin. The nostalgia and hype were at a fever pitch. Stern decides to wait till they drop a shit sequel and the mainstream is pretty much over it. So with Stern logic now is the perfect time for a Jurassic Pin. I own the first two pins and have no excitement for a Stern iteration.

I’m still dreaming about a Tarantino pin.

#722 4 years ago

My 18 year old son watches a few things on youtube on his phone and even that is only when he is stuck waiting for something. Stranger Things is super targeted to a much older generation, its about being a kid in the 80s.

Netflix means a whole other thing to 18 year olds.

#1036 4 years ago

I have no issue with Stern trying to expand into the home market. I just find it laughable that they try it with Star Wars now. The brand is at an all time low even hardcore movie goes are kinda done with it. My wife and daughter just came back from Disney land and found the new area surprisingly not that busy. Not at all what they expected it to be, they thought the people were more Disney fans and checking it out because its new. Also my daughter came back stoked for Stark Industries, that seemed to be what everyone was talking about, with very little excitement for Star Wars.

The whole 1up comparison to me is laughable with 1Up you get multiple classic retro proven titles with all the nostalgia and emotion. Sure they a little gimmicky with the controls for the hard core arcade fans. The general population they are sweet and an entirely different price point. This would have to be a true classic pin mini with all the functionality of the original for $1000 to be even close.

#1109 4 years ago

I think it actually looks not bad for a home market. If I found one used for a couple grand I would buy one. $4500 is laughable though.

#1333 4 years ago

I know the pinball purist will hate this but I think it would be kinda cool if they went kinda table top with the home editions. Move the tiny little screen to apron and move the boards into the base. Just remove the whole head and make it as thin as possible with it set to the correct slope with a flat glass top. You could go like full table height or no legs for coffee table height. You could go super space saving and do like a wall hanger that slide down and out with two legs. It would be sweet for an apartment dweller. That could also help reduce the price.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.