Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#232 4 years ago

David Lee Roth-era Van Halen.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

TNA is nothing like Elvira. If anything, it is the opposite. TNA is a strong woman hero character.

I see what you did there.

#404 4 years ago

The world needs another rock n roll pin featuring the band as they look now. Old and wrinkly. Because we don't have enough of those.

Actually, my vote would be for Pink Floyd. You could focus on the imagery of The Wall alone and create a great theme without ever having to feature the band itself. I have my suspicions that Roger Waters would probably never agree to it though.

#415 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Rock n roll will never die and todays boring bands will never be remembered. Trendy alternative crap etc. Old school bands are the best long live rock n roll. Pink Floyd ok nothing special unless you keep smoking that crap as dead heads.

Are you saying you prefer a playfield to have pictures of (for example) The Rolling Stones in their 70s as opposed to in their prime? Maybe The Beatles pin should have had two skeletons standing next to old Ringo and Paul? Look at AC/DC. Those old farts dancing on the playfield and backglass are the best they could do? At least with Pink Floyd they have more interesting imagery to choose from besides a hooker in a devil costume. Better music in my opinion too, and it has absolutely nothing to do with drugs.

I don't know what it has to do with my Pink Floyd selection or my critique of using geriatric imagery on a pinball machine to represent a band, but "Today's bands" aren't the "alternative crap" you mentioned, old man. That genre (or more like a marketing term for just an evolution of Rock and Roll) was popular in the early to mid 90s. Almost 30 years ago. 30 years before THAT, The Beatles were just forming as a band. You sound like you're ranting at the MTV generation decades after they moved back to the suburbs to raise grandkids of their own.

Also, just throwing it out there, but Pearl Jam are still touring and selling out stadiums 29 years into their career.

#443 4 years ago

Pinball has "died" at least 3-4 times in my lifetime. Some of you are just extremely negative people. Don't let your own fear of your creeping mortality translate to your outlook on everything else.

This weekend alone I've had the experience of seeing smaller children play or watch pinball for the first time in their lives. They were absolutely fascinated with the game. It was something that their iPhones and video games can never provide. Things work in circles: the TV generation abandoned pinball for simple video games because it allowed them to finally control televisions. Skip ahead several generations and those things are so commonplace that now young people are craving things that are real. Barcades are a huge part of the resurgence in pinball, and they aren't filled primarily with 50+ men in faded AC/DC shirts complaining about everything under the sun.

#534 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I´ll take one without the spike crap, a lcd screen and similar theme integration as the hobbit.
    While you´re at it, brush up the artwork abit, while you´re at it.

OFc they are.
    Would stern have lcd screens today, if not for jjp?
    This is a good thing for all pinball enthusiasts.

They would not. And judging by how barren BK:SOR is, I would imagine that without JJP, the games probably wouldn't have pop bumpers either at this point. There also would be maybe one flipper, because two flippers is cost-prohibitive.

JJP saved the 2nd flipper.

#537 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Without Stern there would be no JJP (or pinball). Stern kept pinball alive when it was dying. Stern saved pinball. Where was jjp when sales were difficult? You're welcome JJP fan boy. Thanks to Stern you can buy jjp games and complain about Stern games to some stranger online.
    Edit. Why dont comments like yours ever get taken down by moderators? Nothing you said has any relevance to the thread topic of "next stern game"
    I love how there is a large portion of jjp owners looking for stern threads to attack stern. Did stern run over your cat or something? Why the hostility? If you dont like something, dont buy it. Nobody want to hear you gushing over jjp or being pissy about Stern (who put out 4 games a year btw)
    Also cant beat Stern pro pricing

I see mild sarcasm and softball humor still sails RIGHT over the thick heads of some of you. What is it about Ontario that seems to make people so dry and reactionary?

So Stern should not be criticized just because they kept Pinball alive? My comment was related to how competition makes Stern up their game. We've seen basic features like subways, physical ball locks, sculpts (instead of vinyl cutouts), and other basic features get culled one by one and no one says "Boo" because almighty Stern is the only game in town. That's not practicality, it's Stockholm Syndrome.

I don't hate Stern, but I find a lot of their machines to be just as clunky-feeling as the Data East/ Sega titles that they made before the name change, and those games at least had more mechs in them. I am glad for the competition and I hope it creates better games for Stern fans. The LCD screens are a prime example of how this has already happened. And for the record, I'm a Bally/Williams fanboy, not a JJP fanboy.

And it is not BS to state a preference.

#538 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What a crock of shit. First off regardless of how barren BK3 is its much more fun to play than any of the JJP games thus far for me and to think JJP had any influence on what is in and whats is out of current Sterns is ridiculous. Oh and pop bumpers can go any time for me and I wouldn't care at all. Good day sir.

PREDICTION: Stern's next game will be BAFFLE BALL 3000

It will have no features. Just a ball and a playfield. Skid Row will do the soundtrack.

Steve Ritchie will design it.

Hazoff will declare it the greatest pinball of all time.

#540 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I still say you comment is less sarcastic than it is trolling.
    Walks into Stern thread. "Hey guys, Stern is shit, you should bow down before jjp"
    I like jjp games. I dont like the people that hero worship them. Toys and mechs dont make great gameplay. I'd take my maiden over most any jjp and it has nothing in it lol. Plays amazing though

You honestly thought "JJP saved the 2nd flipper" was me being serious? And no one said anything about bowing down or shit. That's hyperbole.

I'm glad you like your Maiden. That's terrific.

1 week later
    #623 4 years ago
    Quoted from HarrieD:

Well,
    Judging on the comments in the separate thread it will be something like Elvira 3 or Jurassic World.
    Personally I would like a Stranger Things theme, or maybe a reboot of The Twilight Zone. But high on my want list is a decent Back To The Future machine.
    But how cool is this, we are all looking forward on a new title, so much it's worth discussing in large numbers. We are getting like 4+ new titels each year! Pinball is alive and we all love it.

Trust me, you wouldn't want a Stern reboot of TZ...

#751 4 years ago

Friday the 13th. Playfield looking all Crystal Lake. Humor similar to CFTBL, maybe with a Jason rising out of the lake modern "hologram". Jason's mom's head as a bash toy. Animation of Jason doing the sleeping bag kill in the pop bumpers.

Nah, they'd have to break Trudeau out of prison to do this one. It's gonna be a lousy home pin. And a dinosaur one with less features than the DE one.

#1085 4 years ago

JJP and American just sold a bunch more machines to impatient people!

#1107 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

They got games at the comic con which averages 130,000 people in attendance?
    This game is marketing towards new buyers.

I was referring to people on pinside who are desperate to spend money on a new pin who were hoping Stern was gonna deliver something actually good.

#1295 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Kaneda says next week 100%. New Stern. Cornerstone.

I thought he said “in the next 2-3 weeks”?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=adipocere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.