Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#945 4 years ago

I'm really happy the industry is to a comfortable place where experimentation like this is possible.

I also think Stern knows exactly what is up trying to have a lower entry point into pinball ownership. Don't forget 90s games are like 3 grand or more now.

#949 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

and full featured, coded games, with parts availability, and they play like an actual pinball machine instead of a fischer price toy in a full box.
    Compare some of those great 90s games for 2500-3500 to this 2019 turd in a box for 4k... Every person with even an iota of sense will pick the classic for less.

That's very much a rehash of the Arcade1up vs real cabinets argument.

I do believe there are enough people who would rather purchase a new star wars home game than deal with a 30 year old game. I'm guessing Stern does too. Like I think Aurich mentioned, they are even improving the design of the home pin with every iteration.

It's still not the game for me, but that doesn't mean it's a terrible idea.

#1121 4 years ago

Watching the Dead Flip reveal and this game is better than some of the other games that have come out recently.

It blows Thunderbirds out of the water. Also Mafia. Beats Cosmic Carnival too.

#1212 4 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

Have you played Cosmic Carnival? Serious question.

Yes I played it at SFGE this past weekend. It's not my cup of tea. An example of one of the main issues is the scoop right up front. The rubber posts on either side of the scoop completely stop the ball from entering if it even grazes them. It makes the shot very brick-y and not fun at all, and it's the shot up front and center. I suggested potentially using metal posts on the sides to help the ball graze past them into the scoop, but up front like that they are going to take a hard beating.

Also, I dont think I heard any callouts? Granted it was loud in the gameroom so I might not have heard them well, but I can't recall hearing one, if any. The game just felt like someone thought making a game around Dirty Donny's art would be a good seller, versus designing a cool game and then getting Donny's art on it.

That said, they did ship games which is a big milestone, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do for game #2 after learning from this one. It's still a better game than Thunderbirds, so they have that going for them.

There will be people that love Cosmic Carnival as there will be people that love this new offering from Stern.

#1250 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It's 4X too much for normies.
    It might work at 1k but then you'd have to build in China. Then you have the issue of product size. It's not a flat pack like 1up. Think of the volume this box takes up, just for a 1k item. You could fit 50k of phones or laptops in that same volume. This is an issue for shipping as well as retail.
    Consumer grade price, made in America, high quality.... pick 2.

I don't think we will ever know for sure but I think Stern will sell more of these than they even planned. I think it's already a win for them if you pay attention to some of the dialog going on on Facebook, etc..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release?tu=Wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.