Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.
    #351 4 years ago

Titanic is why I don't go on cruise ships.
    Jaws is why I don't swim in the water.
    Jurassic Park Is why I don't mess with Dino DNA
    Stranger Things Is why I don't go to the Starcourt Mall.... well with the exception of the Arcade.

#352 4 years ago

Those Titanic games are great for parts. I managed to get one cheap and use all the boards for some of my Sega pinball's.

#353 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Those Titanic games are great for parts. I managed to get one cheap and use all the boards for some of my Sega pinball's.

Yeah it's Whitestar. A friend of mine helped another friend use Titanic boards to fix his LOTR.

Wait... WHITESTAR? Didn't they build the Titanic? ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED! #moonLandingFake

#354 4 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I'd buy Titanic for sure.

Whatever floats your boat!

#355 4 years ago

I love Stranger Things, but I’d worry about how would this machine last over time if given to us now. Is it going to be presented to us with just the first 2 seasons? Will it include season 3? What happens with the game if Stranger Things continues for 5 more seasons? I also understand as a business you want to hit the market while it’s HOT! Anyway, fingers crossed we are getting something great.

#356 4 years ago

I'm just as excited for Stranger Things season 3 as the next guy but Stranger Things is something I l enjoy one weekend per year. A stranger things pin would be such an easy pass for me. The game would have to be outright amazing for me to even care. I just dont get it personally. It's a good show but that's it.

#357 4 years ago
    Quoted from thecashier76:

I love Stranger Things, but I’d worry about how would this machine last over time if given to us now. Is it going to be presented to us with just the first 2 seasons? Will it include season 3? What happens with the game if Stranger Things continues for 5 more seasons? I also understand as a business you want to hit the market while it’s HOT! Anyway, fingers crossed we are getting something great.

TWD took a total shit right after the game was made. I think it would be safer to get it done with the assets that are already there. Especially with the new season looking to totally throw everything on its head.

#358 4 years ago

but I’d worry about how would this machine last over time if given to us now. Is it going to be presented to us with just the first 2 seasons? Will it include season 3?

Dungeons & Dragons: Stranger Things.

Make it a more generic D&D monster game with Stranger Things garbage thrown in, not necessarily tied to a certain season...or scrap Stranger Things and just make another D&D game

#359 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'm still calling Stranger Things this week will be announced by Stern and Jurassic World 2021 along side with TRON with Disney coaster opening in 2021... JAWS makes sense in 2020 for the 45th anniversary.

You
    Are
    One
    Optimistic
    Dude !

#360 4 years ago

I just don't see how a fan layout, a magnet bash, and a side pothole will do justice to stranger things... Maybe they could add a toy on a spring?

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just don't see how a fan layout, a magnet bash, and a side pothole will do justice to stranger things... Maybe they could add a toy on a spring?

I would hope they would at least do a grandpa mini playfield but turn it around to make it more "upside down" like.

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

this is the wrong manufacturer, but I think you missed something pretty big...
    Eric M was under direct mentorship with Pat Lawlor and hence where POTC came from and there is obvious Pat L mentoring in the design if you ask me.
    Pretty cool that Eric has stepped into that role and JJP/Pat helped him to this point. I have a feeling his sophomore effort is going to blow us all away even more!

Good for Eric to climb the ranks at JJP as Pat's mentee. Come to think of it, just last night I was browsing LTG's DI Service Manual and, in the back, there is a photo gallery that includes shots of Pat and Eric. When I asked Lloyd to identify those pictured, he said, "That's Eric with Pat." Of course! Still, who knows who is a mentee to John, George, or Steve? I'm jazzed about JJ GNR, too. I just wonder if Eric will incorporate another pitching upper PF. How would that work thematically? A stage over a fault line?

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Good for Eric to climb the ranks at JJP as Pat's mentee.

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

who is a mentee to...

Holy shit dude, are you paid my the mentee?
    You have more mentees than IMDN has Eddies

#364 4 years ago

Is it just me or would JAWS be a great summer release. Might just be I live near Cape Cod which has become the great white capital of the world.....

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Is it just me or would JAWS be a great summer release.....

It's you and every other Pinside post for around 9 years.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws

#366 4 years ago

There is a rumor that the Pabst can crusher pin will be re-themed into a Subway restaurant pin.

Ironically, there will be no subway in the game.

#367 4 years ago

MEGADETH!
    Death by Design : Rattlehead’s Tale

That would be EPIC!!

#368 4 years ago

The Walking Dead pin came out only a few seasons in and has held up pretty well.

#369 4 years ago

What happens with the game if Stranger Things continues for 5 more seasons?

Season 3 is the last. No pin coming anyway.

Quoted from Coindork:

The Walking Dead pin came out only a few seasons in and has held up pretty well.

Held up better than the show did actually...

#370 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

LOL

#371 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Season 3 is the last. No pin coming anyway.

I think the writers have said 4 or 5 seasons for Stranger Things, so one or two more yet.

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

or scrap Stranger Things and just make another D&D game

BKSoR feels fairly d&d to me. Good luck getting anything else like that for a while.

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Does anyone have the rights to Queen right now? That would be an instant buy for me. Whether Stern Or Jersey Jack. As brought up before, classic Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird TMNY would be another instant buy for me although I’d prefer the “cartoon” turtles, but I still love the original comics.

I vote for Queen. Gimme gimme!

#375 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

There is a rumor that the Pabst can crusher pin will be re-themed into a Subway restaurant pin.
    Ironically, there will be no subway in the game.

I love that you got a downvote for this!

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I love that you got a downvote for this!

I love that you got a downvote for THIS!

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I love that you got a downvote for THIS!

#378 4 years ago

Even Stranger Things 3 has BTTF clips.....come on Stern. Pinball at 88mph plz

#379 4 years ago

LOL

#380 4 years ago

Attack of the node boards is sterns next title. Theme is a new IP, you fly a ship called whitestar and blast away as many nodes as possible.

#381 4 years ago

I'd be interested in a Stranger Things pin, as long as it's not Lonnie on code with a game plan to collect the various kids from the show, ala Avengers. It must have at least Season 3 for depth, and be unique in modes. Again, not collecting the kids. This would probably be a better theme for a pin after 5 seasons.

#382 4 years ago

I binged season 3 today and expect to not even think of stranger things again until the month before they release season 4. It's a popular show so I see the appeal as a location game similar to walking dead at peak popularity but it's not a family friendly pin and the once adorable children of Hawkins are quickly turning into annoying teenagers. If they are going to do it it would have to be soon before people get tired of watching. I believe they are aiming for a 5 season show so at least they arent planning on running it into the ground for 10 seasons.

#383 4 years ago

Never heard of Stranger Things so not sure whatever it may be, have heard Wild Things movie and Tone Loc did the Wild thing on my leg song

#384 4 years ago

Never heard of Stranger Things either. Probably will be Jurassic World anyway.

Get that summer title what ever it is released soon so we can look forward to October and Elvira.

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Never heard of Stranger Things either. Probably will be Jurassic World anyway.
    Get that summer title what ever it is released soon so we can look forward to October and Elvira.

It's ok but way overhyped. The "80's key reference in every scene" is obnoxious, especially the music. Would be a better series if it was half the length.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It's ok but way overhyped. The "80's key reference in every scene" is obnoxious, especially the music. Would be a better series if it was half the length.

A much better series that has similarities on Netflix is "Dark". It's one of my favorite shows of all time. I do enjoy Stranger Things though and the 80's nostalgia. I think it would make a pretty good pinball theme as it's one of the best modern licenses available.

#387 4 years ago

Let’s get shameless pinball

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Let’s get shameless pinball

I used to watch the BBC version and always assumed I'd hate the north American version because of this. Maybe one day I'll try but not any time soon.

#389 4 years ago

Maybe Stern should buy there Cabinets, boards , playfields from CGC !

Start with a quality platform and quit cutting corners !

Sorry Stern boys but you better revamp
    Competition is here to stay

#390 4 years ago

Not saying Stranger Things is greatest show ever. First couple of new episodes have been "meh".

But it is super popular. And it's higher quality than the turd sandwiches that were the last 2 Jurassic movies .

#391 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Not saying Stranger Things is greatest show ever. First couple of new episodes have been "meh".
    But it is super popular. And it's higher quality than the turd sandwiches that were the last 2 Jurassic movies .

Are you giving legal advise again, Ben??? LOL

#392 4 years ago

Yes and without a license!

#393 4 years ago

Stranger Things is an ok theme I guess. The first season was alright. Never needed more after the first season. (Originally the show was going to be an anthology where every season would have been a different 80s homage)

I still think the best license out there for Stern is something from Nintendo. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon...these are themes that are insanely popular across multiple generations. Nintendo licenses out their properties for a million different things. Operators would be salivating for these kinds of themes.

If they can't get Back to the Future locked down, then do the next best thing. Rick and Morty. I don't think this would sell exceptionally well, but would be a solid license.

Black Panther could be an interesting choice. It would help bring a little diversity pinball themes while staying in a comfortable comic book area. That might be a good choice in another year or two when the sequel eventually comes out

Let Steve Ritchie design a High Speed 3, but release it as a Fast and the Furious theme (and release a few SLE with a custom art package as High Speed 3)

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

So you're saying we need a modern relevant theme based on the 80's.

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

So you're saying we need a modern relevant theme based on the 80's.

Yes, we need something cross-generational.

It's actually why I think BTTF would be kind of a dumb theme. That movie was about baby boomers and Gen X. What connection is there for younger people?

#396 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yes, we need something cross-generational.
    It's actually why I think BTTF would be kind of a dumb theme. That movie was about baby boomers and Gen X. What connection is there for younger people?

I'm still surprised a modern BTTF Hollywood reboot hasn't been greenlit yet. I guess Bill and Ted 3 fills the quota for 80s time-travel romps

#397 4 years ago

If someone would snap up the Holy Grail, it would be a hit. Eric idle would likely do the callouts. Gilliam's cutout art would be awesome, and the film is loved and known by the young and old. I'd rather jjp do it, but Jack wouldn't like the violence, funny or not. Stern would ruin it by skimping...

#398 4 years ago

Spooky explored Holy Grail, at one point it was going to be my second game there.

Had some pretty cool ideas for a hackable knight mech.

#399 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Hang on. Are you shitting on a show SET in the 80s for having 80s stuff in it?

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm still surprised a modern BTTF Hollywood reboot hasn't been greenlit yet.

You shouldn't be; Forever known that Gale & Zemekis will never let it happen.

No idea why people have such boners to see shit they love remade into garbage they hate

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/8?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.