Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 28.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

Did you need your own thread for this question?

Apparently so. I got downvoted for bringing up your thread.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I want to see disappearing spinners like the pop bumper on CV.

That might be cool!

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

Did you need your own thread for this question?

yes, sorry

that is a 3 year old thread that is sporadically rejuvenated with conversation about the "next" game.

We are here talking specifically about the one coming out presumably this summer.
    Sorry you are offended. not sure why?

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Apparently so. I got downvoted for bringing up your thread.

2 down votes. One is the OP’s.. 12 upvotes looks like you are are doing ok! Lol. See you in the other thread.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, sorry
    that is a 3 year old thread that is sporadically rejuvenated with conversation about the "next" game.
    We are here talking specifically about the one coming out presumably this summer.
    Sorry you are offended. not sure why?

No offense taken.. Go for it !
    Peace out .

#306 4 years ago

so do people think that the reason we dont have leaked theme/ pics is because it is a new designer?

#307 4 years ago

It's had a pretty good lid on it this time.

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

I think I’d rather see Violent Femmes made into a pin than another esoteric metal band.

Violent Femmes? Really? Why not just make it completely non-commercial and do a Morrissey pin?

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

[quoted image]

I'll bring the plutonium nyborg!

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Why not just make it completely non-commercial and do a Morrissey pin?

Depends if Stern wants to move in to the Mexican market.
    I'm all for it.

#311 4 years ago

I'd be in on a Mexican themed pin that has Mariachi Band music !!!

#312 4 years ago

Krofft Super Show. Tons of content. Kaptain Kool and Kongs, Wonder Bug, Dr. Shrinker, Magic Mongo, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. Could also branch into HR PuffnStuff, Sigmond and the Seamonsters, Land of the Lost, Lidsville, The Bugaloos, Bigfoot and Wildboy. Man those Krofft boys were high. Fun stuff

gettyimages-104102947-612x612[1] (resized).jpggettyimages-104102947-612x612[1] (resized).jpg
    #313 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so do people think that the reason we dont have leaked theme/ pics is because it is a new designer?

Not I, no. I sense there is willingness at Stern to promote young programmers into lead programmer positions on games (witness Tinballs), but the design team seems sacrosanct. Yeah, Elwin climbed in, but he is Elwin, the best player in the world. Bryan Eddy is getting a revival shot 'cause he's credited with no less than two of the best-ever designs. The question is, do these designers use mentees and, if they do, could one be promoted to lead designer with the blessing of his mentor? God knows Lawlor has never allowed another person to place even a single post on one of his layouts, so he may have no mentees to promote. I can't guess how the other designers are aided in their work or if they have mentees at all. I do find it strange that, less than a month from the reveal, distros are still giving conflicting opinions on who is designing JW(or Godzilla). One says Eddy, the other Elwin. Back and forth we go. I would love to see another top-tier pro design a PF. I mean, heck, why aren't the Sharpe boys stepping up? Steve Bowden may get his chance over at Deep Root.

#314 4 years ago

Let's just jump on the completely crazy train and say that there have been no leaks because everyone had to sign NDAs for their new Stranger Things pin that will drop tomorrow along with Season 3.
    ::
    \/

(Not gonna happen).

#315 4 years ago

(looks at watch)...We're just about due for another lousy marvel comicbook movie pin, aren't we?

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

God knows Lawlor has never allowed another person to place even a single post on one of his layouts, so he may have no mentees to promote.

this is the wrong manufacturer, but I think you missed something pretty big...

Eric M was under direct mentorship with Pat Lawlor and hence where POTC came from and there is obvious Pat L mentoring in the design if you ask me.
    Pretty cool that Eric has stepped into that role and JJP/Pat helped him to this point. I have a feeling his sophomore effort is going to blow us all away even more!

#317 4 years ago

so looking like

Jurassic World
    Jaws
    Bill and Teds
    Some other washed up metal/rock band theme
    Yet another comic/action character theme

#318 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so looking like
    Jurassic World
    Jaws
    Bill and Teds

Hoping for Jaws or Led Zepp!

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so looking like
    Jurassic World
    Jaws
    Bill and Teds

Which one will be a Premium/LE only Kapow title is my question...since Batman is ending, and Beatles...well, Beatles may have already ended production?

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Which one will be a Premium/LE only Kapow title is my question...since Batman is ending, and Beatles...well, Beatles may have already ended production?

Elvira3 in Oct/Expo time?

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Elvira3 in Oct/Expo time?

Thats what I am hoping for.

#322 4 years ago

Also remember there is another specialty marketing partnership pin coming, similar to the Supreme machine.

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd be in on a Mexican themed pin that has Mariachi Band music !!!

I would love a coco pin.

#324 4 years ago

Stern to rumored to have Stranger Things license. They'd be stupid not to make it.

1) actual modern relevant theme
    2) appeals to Gen X who buy pins because they grew up in the 80s
    3) appeals to Millenials who play on location because they're obsessed with the 80s as a concept.

It's time for Stern themes to come back to the 21st century.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Stern to rumored to have Stranger Things license. They'd be stupid not to make it.
    3) appeals to Millenials who play on location because they're obsessed with the 80s as a concept.

Agreed, and I hope it's true. Not sure why they wouldn't go after this license aggressively. I think they could get creative with this theme if they wanted to.

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

Not sure why they wouldn't go after this license aggressively.

They probably have considered it. Stranger things have happened.

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I see what you did there.

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I see what you did there.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).pngaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (resized).png
    #329 4 years ago

The "upside down" element ...The christmas light LED feature, & "Demogorgon" toy is looking pretty neat!

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

The "upside down" element ...The christmas light LED feature, & "Demogorgon" toy is looking pretty neat!

And a little subway, please!

#331 4 years ago

Hmmm Universal Studio's Hollywood CA opening Jurassic World re-theme of Jurassic Park this week...

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Wouldn't it be strange if Stranger Things was next, rather than Jurassic World?!

#333 4 years ago

It would be almost impossible to screw up a Stranger Things pin. Plenty of characters, cool retro music/settings, underworld, monster villians, and Eleven's psychokinetic powers will work great in pinball. My daughter who has almost zero interest in pinball would probably be begging me to buy this title. Jurassic Park not so much. Movies are ok but all of them are exactly the same. It's just dinosaurs coming back to life, getting out of control, and people trying to escape.

#334 4 years ago

Are kids actually still interested in JP? When I was a kid the first movie was huge and they licensed the shit out of it. (toys, video games, apparel, you name it etc... ) , but after that I probably watched the 2nd one once and don't even remember it. I don't have kids, so I have no idea if it's still a popular license or not, but it doesn't seem like it? Just curious.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

It would be almost impossible to screw up a Stranger Things pin. Plenty of characters, cool retro music/settings, underworld, monster villians, and Eleven's psychokinetic powers will work great in pinball.....

Well let's look ahead to what Pinside will say...

Characters - No real clips form the show, Bubba does the voices, or clips form the show with no audio fro some reason people go apeshit
    Music - The theme song plays endlessly like GOT and everyone piss & moans aboot it
    Upside down - WTF color changing GI on only the Prem+?!?
    Psychokinetic powers - WTF Stern dropped the ball by not having magnets....she got powers and no magnets this is bullshit!!!!

Or some such shit.

Quoted from valgalder:

I don't have kids, so I have no idea if it's still a popular license or not, but it doesn't seem like it? Just curious.

Doesn;t seem like it to me either, but kids always love Dinos and they both made almost 2 billion at the box.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

Are kids actually still interested in JP? When I was a kid the first movie was huge and they licensed the shit out of it. (toys, video games, apparel, you name it etc... ) , but after that I probably watched the 2nd one once and don't even remember it. I don't have kids, so I have no idea if it's still a popular license or not, but it doesn't seem like it? Just curious.

I'm a teacher. I asked my kids to raise their hands if they've seen any of the jurassic park movies. Out of 20, 2 of them had not. (High school, ages 15-18)

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Like GNR

#338 4 years ago

You just hate it because JJP is doing it, since you have never had a positive comment about JJP on here.

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

Yes they are I'm 16 and I still love the franchise even though the two latest films have been shit.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well let's look ahead to what Pinside will say...
    Characters - No real clips form the show, Bubba does the voices, or clips form the show with no audio fro some reason people go apeshit
    Music - The theme song plays endlessly like GOT and everyone piss & moans aboot it
    Upside down - WTF color changing GI on only the Prem+?!?
    Psychokinetic powers - WTF Stern dropped the ball by not having magnets....she got powers and no magnets this is bullshit!!!!
    Or some such shit.

Doesn;t seem like it to me either, but kids always love Dinos and they both made almost 2 billion at the box.

Don't forget art and coding. Lonnie is due up to lead code on something soon...it's been a couple years since GOTG came out.

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

You just hate it because JJP is doing it, since you have never had a positive comment about JJP on here.

LOL I don't hate it as long as the music is only from the first two albums and they have a $7500 model I was just turning Whysnow's words back on him

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Yes they are I'm 16 and I still love the franchise even though the two latest films have been shit.

Right but it wouldn't be the franchise, it would be the last 2 movies. That's where loyalty to themes can bone you.

Quoted from JodyG:

Don't forget art and coding. Lonnie is due up to lead code on something soon...it's been a couple years since GOTG came out.

Yeah art is a tough one. If you got the comic look I think it would actually work great...photoshop could go real bad.
    Oh Lonnie.....yeah forgot aboot that.

#343 4 years ago

There's been 2 Jurassic pins already. I also don't think it's a license Gen X (home buyer) cares about much.

#344 4 years ago

all time earning movies... Stern needs to also make sure that globally the theme is well received... I disagree if done right could be an amazing PIN... Universal studios is also releasing the third one come time 2021 and If I had to guess will also make top 20 earning at the box office all time as well. Also the retheme of Jurassic park to Jurassic World is happening at Universal Studios Hollywood & Orlando. The new Jurassic World rollercoaster is currently under construction in Orlando FL. I would imagine it will open 2020-2021... I'm still calling Stranger Things this week will be announced by Stern and Jurassic World 2021 along side with TRON with Disney coaster opening in 2021... JAWS makes sense in 2020 for the 45th anniversary.

13. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    Box office: $1.31 billion

6. Jurassic World
    Box office: $1.67 billion

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

13. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    Box office: $1.31 billion

6. Jurassic World
    Box office: $1.67 billion

Titanic is #3, fingers crossed

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

As I was looking at that list I figured someone would mention that...lol. I also believe eventually Harry Potter Pinball will get made despite its difficult license. Harry Potter likely JJP lends itself well as a widebody partnered with JJP's style.

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Fuck I hope...that movie is an all time great. Poor Fabrizio

#348 4 years ago

Id buy Stranger Things!, If its good

#349 4 years ago

I'd buy Titanic for sure.

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/7?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.