Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.
    #201 4 years ago

Coming to an arcade near you.....

jaws-1 (resized).jpgjaws-1 (resized).jpg
    #202 4 years ago

I don't think TMNT appeals to the 50 plus crowd. TMNT was released in the mid to late 80's. A 50 year old like myself was probably around 17 or 18 before we ever heard of them and it was kid's stuff to most of us. For me it falls in the same category as Pokeman and Transformers.

#203 4 years ago

You damn kids!!!

I'm curious what the age range of you guys that are so against anything pre 2000s? I was born in 71, but if someone made a Bela Lugosi pin I'd probably be in it. I know that's only one example, but I love anything "old school ".

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I was born in 71

I'm a year older than you and think Elvira is rotten

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think TMNT appeals to the 50 plus crowd. TMNT was released in the mid to late 80's. A 50 year old like myself was probably around 17 or 18 before we ever heard of them and it was kid's stuff to most of us. For me it falls in the same category as Pokeman and Transformers.

Dude Transformers was mid 80's and pokemon was like 96/97. You can't clump those together lol.

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm a year older than you and think Elvira is rotten

You're definitely In her demographic. I'm guilty of loving anything Halloween or horror related, so that's where it all started for me. Halloween time with the haunted cornfields and houses is all the rage here in central PA in Oct. Always has been for as long as I can remember. Elvira is just straight up nostalgia for me.

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Dude Transformers was mid 80's and pokemon was like 96/97. You can't clump those together lol.

Still, Transformers came out when I was about 16 years old. I was way past cartoons and toys at that point. It is the same reason for a lot of 50 plus age range. 40 to 50 is a different story.

Deadpool is a 90s character, but the thing that made Deadpool transcend ages is the adult movies that had adult humor.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just not Elvira.

Quoted from Honch:

Another timeless theme imho.

Scared Stiff is still a sought-after pricey A-lister for a reason.

There are Pinsiders asking/hoping for CGC to remake Scared Stiff.

An Elvira 3 with terrific Greg Freres artwork (again), double-entendre callouts from Cassandra Petersen (again), a Nordman layout with simple yet interesting mechs (anticipated based on the previous Elvira pins), and great use of Elvira Movie Macabre clips on the LCD screen will really appeal to that fan base.

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

c Greg Freres artwork (again), double-entendre callouts from Cassandra Petersen (again), a Nordman layout with simple yet interesting mechs (anticipated based on the previous Elvira pins), and great use of Elvira Movie Macabre clips on the LCD screen will really appeal to that fan base.

Please don't ruin Elvira III Stern!

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I'm curious what the age range of you guys that are so against anything pre 2000s? I was born in 71, but if someone made a Bela Lugosi pin I'd probably be in it. I know that's only one example, but I love anything "old school ".

There in the same range as us, its not that its pre 2000's its that its not there top choices from those decades. If ur into the grateful dead or Bon Jovi maybe IMaiden ain't ur thang. well tough titty. A lot of those same haters all of a sudden disappeard when BM66 came out. Now I'm not saying there aren't great themes to be had in the last 2 decades but hard to argue that the 60s, 70,s 80,s and 90.s weren't vastly superior, for me at least. The other ridiculous thing about all that is theres alot of modern stuff being made. Whining becasue every title doesn't appeal to them, no interest in Wonka but I will say it. I'm glad they made it because its a good thing for other people to get what they want as well.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Please don't ruin Elvira III Stern!

Wow it never stops, tell me how would they do that?

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

There in the same range as us, its not that its pre 2000's its that its not there top choices from those decades. If ur into the grateful dead or Bon Jovie maybe IMaiden ain't ur thang. well tough titty. A lot of those same haters all of a sudden disappeard when BM66 came out. Now I'm not saying there aren't great themes to be had in the last 2 decades but hard to argue that the 60s, 70,s 80,s and 90.s weren't vastly superior, for me at least. The other ridiculous thing about all that is theres alot of modern stuff being made. Whining becasue every title doesn't appeal to them, ni interest in Wonka yet I will say it. I'm glad they made it because its a good thing for other people to get what they want as well.

I think you nailed it. I'd love a Judas Priest pin, but you just know some fan of the lighter 80s pop would complain because theres enough hard rock in pinball already. Stern could make a pin based on Wham and I might laugh, but I'd never complain. I'm no fan of the Wizard of Oz(I'd prefer blizzard of oz), but I can see the appeal.
    Theres a lid for every pot and I think theres enough variety in new pins to appeal to everyone, so I dont understand people's animosity towards a theme they don't like.
    We all get older if we're lucky and whatever you thought was cool in Your youth, is going to some day be considered lame as fuck by the younger generation.

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I'd love a Judas Priest pin, but you just know some fan of the lighter 80s pop would complain because theres enough hard rock in pinball already.

They wouldn't even say that they would critique the pins shortcomings even if it was flawless they would find something and yeah u would get general music hatred which would only make it better for me. The Priest, I'm in unseen on a Stained Glass or Painkiller LE. Fuck them.

Ripper Multiball

#214 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

We all get older if we're lucky and whatever you thought was cool in Your youth, is going to some day be considered lame as fuck by the younger generation.

I don't know man, this guy puts it better than I could this latest generation anyways can't really ever call anything from our time lame. great comedian.

#215 4 years ago

^ JP?
    dodge (resized).jpgdodge (resized).jpg

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

There's a lid for every pot and I think there's enough variety in new pins to appeal to everyone, so I don't understand people's animosity towards a theme they don't like.

Agreed, Why rant and rave about games that appeal to people in there late 40's and 50's when they are making just as many newer themed games. If you don't like it, don't buy it. No need to crap on someones else favorite theme.
    PS. My 13 year old daughter and most of her friends just love everything about my Scared Stiff. That and Addams Family are the only two pins they play.

#217 4 years ago

Nothing beats a bunch of people in their 30s and 40s accusing other people with different tastes of being "old."

Go hang out a Gamestop sometime and see how young you think you are.

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nothing beats a bunch of people in their 30s and 40s accusing other people with different tastes of being "old."
    Go hang out a Gamestop sometime and see how young you think you are.

pretty sure no one hangs out at gamestop, and they are struggling as a business...

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/gamestops-future-in-question-after-failing-to-secure-buyout
    https://unicornwealth.com/2019/06/06/why-gamestop-is-failing/
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/06/09/5-simple-reasons-to-give-up-on-gamestop.aspx

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I think you nailed it. I'd love a Judas Priest pin, but you just know some fan of the lighter 80s pop would complain because theres enough hard rock in pinball already. Stern could make a pin based on Wham and I might laugh, but I'd never complain. I'm no fan of the Wizard of Oz(I'd prefer blizzard of oz), but I can see the appeal.
    Theres a lid for every pot and I think theres enough variety in new pins to appeal to everyone, so I dont understand people's animosity towards a theme they don't like.

On a side note, if you get a chance I would recommend catching Judas Priest on their current Firepower tour. At 68, I have no idea how Halford still has a voice. The newer album is also surprisingly good. I could live with the cover art on a pinball game.

JudasPriestFirepower (resized).jpgJudasPriestFirepower (resized).jpg

#221 4 years ago

Agreed. I dont know how good Halford is live these days, but I saw Priest in 87 (absolutely fantastic show)and he destroyed everyone's eardrums that night. The new album rocks and if they roll through PA, I'm there.

#222 4 years ago

Does anyone have the rights to Queen right now? That would be an instant buy for me. Whether Stern Or Jersey Jack. As brought up before, classic Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird TMNY would be another instant buy for me although I’d prefer the “cartoon” turtles, but I still love the original comics.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Does anyone have the rights to Queen right now?

Who knows. Heighway had it, and supposedly Pinball Bros had it after and were still going to make it, and now? Beats me.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

On a side note, if you get a chance I would recommend catching Judas Priest on their current Firepower tour. At 68, I have no idea how Halford still has a voice. The newer album is also surprisingly good. I could live with the cover art on a pinball game.
    [quoted image]

I'd rank Firepower as one of Priests better albums.
    For me its... Stained Class, Screaming For Vengeance, Painkiller, Defenders of the Faith, Firepower, and British Steel... That's my top Priest albums.

#225 4 years ago

Still waiting for a Masters Of The Universe, with two fortresses, Castle Grayskull & Snake Mountain.

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Still waiting for a Masters Of The Universe, with two fortresses, Castle Grayskull & Snake Mountain.

That would be another instant buy, but I doubt that would happen. From my understanding, it is extremely hard to get the rights to MOTU from Mattel and their is also something with the filmation rights. Super7 had to go through a lot to continue the “classics” action figures. But I can still dream!

#227 4 years ago

Agreed would do better than TmNT buttheads pin. Too many better old school cartoons deserve a pin first, like GI Joe and agree on your pick too.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Please god no JP/JW from Stern. Please....
    Stranger Things.
    They are due for a newer TV theme.
    CSI
    The Sopranos
    Wheel of Fortune
    World Poker Tour
    Walking Dead
    GOT

Batman 66
    Munsters

#229 4 years ago

You just need a Vpin.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/masters-of-the-universe-mastered-edition-doflinx/

#230 4 years ago

My absolute, uneducated opinion...we get a short video reveal on Monday, July 8. I’m probably wrong, but hopeful.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from thecashier76:

My absolute, uneducated opinion...we get a short video reveal on Monday, July 8. I’m probably wrong, but hopeful.

I would say timing makes sense. TBT if I were stern I would announce this Tuesday. You want pinheads thinking about your new game while drunk over the holiday

#232 4 years ago

David Lee Roth-era Van Halen.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

David Lee Roth-era Van Halen.

Sorry dude, not a DLR fan. I'd rather have a HeeHaw pin.

#234 4 years ago

Whatever it is, the pin will have something for both the layman and the player. Munsters was for anyone who wanted to play pinball and have a nice experience (more interest in the hobby , which is great), and Blackknight is for the player.
    The two groups of players, are totally different types of buyers. The next game will appeal to just about everyone(larger market). It will be approachable for the average player, and deep enough for the more seasoned pinhead.
    In my humble, honest , not worth the time it took to read this long response, the pin will be a hit!

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

7 years ago (NO SOUND BYTES), 8 years ago, 9 years ago, 5 years ago (NO SOUND BYTES), 18 years ago, Shitty trilogy, Shittier Trilogy +2

Not fair, that wasn't your initial statement..... Those movies got made and pins came out. Pretty darn quickly at that!

#236 4 years ago

TMNT would be the best option for location. It works for barcades and kid friendly establishments. Ages 5-45 would be drawn in by the theme and if the game is done well everyone would want to play.

When i go to tournaments the ages i typically see are 25-45 i realize that 60+ may have the most disposable income and they like to buy games and put them in the basement. Which is awesome!

However locations are where pinball is going to continue to survive and you need to start them young. No one is going to get into pinball on location for the first time in their late 30s. Now if they are lucky enough to have a neighbor or friend with games in the basement that’s a different story.

Stern i hope your listening it would be my first and an instant NIB purchase. LE and Pro.

Please do the 90s style

#237 4 years ago

"TMNT is a stupid idea, why would anyone want this?"

(sees pin with amazing Zombie Yeti art)

"SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL MY MONIIIIIESSSSSES!"

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

. No one is going to get into pinball on location for the first time in their late 30s.

I dont have much location pinball in my city. (We still have out dated bylaws about coin operated gaming)
    I didnt get into pinball until I was in my mid 30s and bought my first pin to add to my arcade game collection. I now have more into pinball than arcade games. Having a pin of my own made me search out other people to play with which then lead to more location gaming.
    I didnt really play pinball as a kid and had little to no access for the last 20 yrs. With my city's bylaws it is completely understandable to not get into pinball until you are in your 30s and have enough cash to pick up some of your own. There are maybe 10 machines on location in my whole city. None are newer than early 2012

#239 4 years ago

Long story short I was 35 when I bought my first pin. I'm 37 and completely hooked

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Why? because Elvira (the character, not the pinball) is based on old school machismo vanity of tits and ass and zero substance.
    It is about that fake persona of looks are all that matter to men.
    Just kind of dates you if that is your thing.
    My dad loved Elvira and her pasty white cleavage and sexual everything. Nothing wrong with that and I get it, but it dates you as Old and why we rarely see that type of character anymore.

Because men in their 20’s & 30’s dont like tna ? Gimme a break .

#241 4 years ago

In the dilemma where I have room for one more.... do I spend the money on a good established Pin or hold out for the next new Stern?
    I could be waiting a long time with Elvira and rumours of turtles FFS, think i'll just buy a nice HUO MET Premium

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Because men in their 20’s & 30’s dont like tna ? Gimme a break .

TNA is nothing like Elvira. If anything, it is the opposite. TNA is a strong woman hero character.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

TNA is nothing like Elvira. If anything, it is the opposite. TNA is a strong woman hero character.

I see what you did there.

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Most likely Harry Potter.
    LTG : )

Oh, you had me at Harry big shooter! This is a dream theme for me and my daughter. It will be the first NIB pin ive never played. If there's a super super duper model I will splurge.
    And splooge heh.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

In the dilemma where I have room for one more.... do I spend the money on a good established Pin or hold out for the next new Stern?
    I could be waiting a long time with Elvira and rumours of turtles FFS, think i'll just buy a nice HUO MET Premium

Elvira seems pretty certain for October.

#246 4 years ago

The best summer release pinball theme of all time would be Jaws.

#247 4 years ago

I say it's one of these three as far as "Summer" releases :

Stranger Things (Likely this year)
    Jurassic World (Likely 2021 for the release of JW3)
    Jaws (Likely next year 2020 45th Anniversary)

sjj (resized).pngsjj (resized).png
    #248 4 years ago

It's probably Jurassic World, but Stern has seemed to keep the lid on this one - the summer release, not much, if any true credible leaks this time.

Maybe some other title, but the strongest rumor has been Jurassic.... I'd guess we will know in the next month or so what the next game is for sure.

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

They wouldn't even say that they would critique the pins shortcomings even if it was flawless they would find something and yeah u would get general music hatred which would only make it better for me. The Priest, I'm in unseen on a Stained Glass or Painkiller LE. Fuck them.
    Ripper Multiball

What does stained glass have to do with Priest?

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from LouDuva:

What does stained glass have to do with Priest?

I'm sorry but I refuse to answer that question. If u don't know then I just can't help you sir. Ok I'll help. One of their best.

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/5?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.