Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.
    #101 4 years ago

3x?!
    DFB13789-2826-469C-93A8-DA7B8F3135A7 (resized).jpegDFB13789-2826-469C-93A8-DA7B8F3135A7 (resized).jpeg

#102 4 years ago

If the next pin is Jurassic world I hope it’s awesome with good code and fun toys and mechs. The original JP is still one of my favorites.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

Yep TMNT! Someone has inside information!

If it's an original 80's TMNT pin by KME my wallet is in trouble! Not only is that a good nostalgic theme for me, but my 5 year old loves watching the original series on YouTube.

#104 4 years ago

Regardless of what the next one is, I'm playing it!

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

but my 5 year old loves watching the original series on YouTube.

TMNT vs Batman movie is great but for much older kids...

#106 4 years ago

Damn it all, it better not be TMNT. I could pass on Jurassic Park. I could wait to pick up a used Elvira down the line no problem. But TMNT? My wife is going to kill me. Can I tell her I won it?

#107 4 years ago

I am ready for Jurassic World.

20190622_140845 (resized).jpg20190622_140845 (resized).jpg
    #108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I am ready for Jurassic World.[quoted image]

Gotta head to the clown puke thread real quick, be right back.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta head to the clown puke thread real quick, be right back.

I knew that post was coming well played Sir purchased both machines like that and have been too lazy to change the LEDS to better color's lol.

#110 4 years ago

I gotta say that I would be cool w. Jurrasic, JAWS, or TMNT

all seem like damn fine themes to me. Granted, all really would need a cool toy to rock.

#111 4 years ago

Uff TMNT; couldn't think of anything worse.

#112 4 years ago

Should be: Stranger Things since the last season anyone will probably care about comes out in a few weeks.

Probably is: Jurassic World as its been rumored for years. New movies are junk but Millenials worship the brand so will do great on location.

Elvira: I'd expect BM66 pricing. Mostly as an insurance policy against weak sales of yet another old man themes after Munsters and BK3.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Elvira: I'd expect BM66 pricing.

Your view on this makes me want to down vote your post.
    I did not do so because I respect your knowledge and experience and expertise.
    But I still hope you are way off base on this opinion.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Elvira: I'd expect BM66 pricing. Mostly as an insurance policy against weak sales of yet another old man themes after Munsters and BK3.

At what age am I considered an old man? I’m 39 and enjoyed Elvira on those corny shows and watching the Munsters on re-runs. Damn, I’m old I guess lol.

#115 4 years ago

If you like Elvira then you are O L D

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Should be: Stranger Things since the last season anyone will probably care about comes out in a few weeks.
    Probably is: Jurassic World as its been rumored for years. New movies are junk but Millenials worship the brand so will do great on location.

I suspect BK3 pricing that said if it does not sell better than BK there will never be another rehash

#117 4 years ago

Elvira 3 was finished AGES ago so they must have some trepidation about release. Combine this with weaker sales of 3 old person themes in a row and yes they will probably use a Batman 66 pricing model to reduce risk.

It's like postage stamps, the less they sell the higher the price gets. Or iPhones whose sales have declined several years in a row but price increases made up the difference (until last fall when they hit the price wall)

#118 4 years ago

Bit strange if Keith has gone ahead of Eddy though?

Stern need another big seller as guessing Munsters and BKSOR have only been average at best in the sales department.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Elvira 3 was finished AGES ago so they must have some trepidation about release.

I have reason to believe it’s still not done. I dunno though. It’s a weird one with Dennis gone. Maybe the rest of the game hasn’t been a high priority.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

Yep TMNT! Someone has inside information!

Interesting. I spotted a turtle sketch in the background on the BKSOR reveal stream but didn’t think anything of it at the time....

3849AA78-3AA6-418F-A69D-5B2E1C1885B1 (resized).jpeg3849AA78-3AA6-418F-A69D-5B2E1C1885B1 (resized).jpeg
    #121 4 years ago

Sweet baby turtle sketch. My wife is going to kill me if this is an Easter egg.

#122 4 years ago

All rumors are bullshit to me until they're revealed or a couple sources I really trust say something to me. But that said, TMNT would be a great license. Normally I don't dig on repeats, but let's be honest, the original pin sucks. I put so many quarters into the 4 player Konami beat em up as a kid, it's an arcade classic license to me.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

All rumors are bullshit to me until they're revealed or a couple sources I really trust say something to me. But that said, TMNT would be a great license. Normally I don't dig on repeats, but let's be honest, the original pin sucks. I put so many quarters into the 4 player Konami beat em up as a kid, it's an arcade classic license to me.

TMNT would be an excellent theme for a pinball by Stern, mainly if they'd retain the feeling of the Konami arcade game for the animations/graphics on the LCD.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Too late. After the new (final) trailer, I already don't care. When the monster starts narrating, the ride's over. Stranger Things season 3 looks terrible. Shark. Jumped. Enormous Person of Interest final season vibes, and that's not a good thing.

#125 4 years ago

Jaws, B Eddy design. TMNT no thanks. The call outs will be worse than DP and GOTG combined. No way that ends well.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Elvira 3 was finished AGES ago so they must have some trepidation about release. Combine this with weaker sales of 3 old person themes in a row and yes they will probably use a Batman 66 pricing model to reduce risk.

This "old man" is so sad that your logic is probably sound.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from Peanuts:

TMNT would be an excellent theme for a pinball by Stern, mainly if they'd retain the feeling of the Konami arcade game for the animations/graphics on the LCD.

worth note that Raw Thrills did the new turtles (it is crap geared to little kids BTW) so the licences is obviously available and there is that Sharpe bros relationship.

#128 4 years ago

The problem with TMNT is the license would want them to use the new current designs. Which I like, but all you old men would be up in arms that it’s not classic.

#129 4 years ago

Original TMNT cartoon or movie, I'm in for sure, I'll buy NIB.
    ANY other turtles and I won't even want to play it out of sheer disappointment.

#130 4 years ago

You want to buy a Stern game. You buy the Stern game. Lyman not on the Stern code. Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

The problem with TMNT is the license would want them to use the new current designs. Which I like, but all you old men would be up in arms that it’s not classic.

like this

https://rawthrills.com/games/tmnt/

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

it is crap geared to little kids BTW

Well then thats perfect for JJP game, let them do it

Quoted from jwilson:

Wrong, doesn't have to be "classic" but that would be better than "shit"

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You want to buy a Stern game. You buy the Stern game. Lyman not on the Stern code. Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies.

Thats a huge pile of very smelly, old horse manure. and its "fair spanish ladies" shame on you.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

ANY other turtles and I won't even want to play it out of sheer disappointment.

how dare u sir, luckily my Turtle Pepe' can't read....yet.

1a567a2a6c189dc92fbf6918257c67c94ea4f3d2 (resized).jpg1a567a2a6c189dc92fbf6918257c67c94ea4f3d2 (resized).jpgb4cf7569f12b39917859210f03936e43ef47fee5 (resized).jpgb4cf7569f12b39917859210f03936e43ef47fee5 (resized).jpg
    #134 4 years ago

New design of turtles and I will boycott it like I did the travesty of Will Smith’s Karate Kid. This old man wants classic turtles or bust. On a side note, whenever I’ve been around kids at a place with pinballs, they’re too busy playing redemption games to even touch a pinball game. If they do play pinball, they leave it with a ball or two in there out of sheer boredom. Not sure what everyone else’s experiences have been with the age group that the “new” turtles is aimed at.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If you like Elvira then you are O L D

I like Elvira...
    I am old...
    You will be one day too if you are lucky...

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

New design of turtles and I will boycott it

Where it gets interesting in here too is that there are actually TWO "new designs" if we're comparing the early 90s cartoon with the stuff I can barely stomach with my son today. I'd hope for a 90's edition for all 3 models, but fear it will be Premium only (new TMNT designs on Pro for locations) or none at all.

1) My son first got into some revival on Nick a few years ago. I tried watching it, but there were some things that were off for me. The voice work was just ok, and the animation would have some things that totally killed the feel for me. A lot of "Q-bert-esque thought bubbles" for instance and some of the endings I made it to didn't really let me know if that story was over or if it was a cliffhanger. I just couldn't get invested.
    Nick-TMNT (resized).pngNick-TMNT (resized).png

2) Then there's this crap. Can't even make it past the intro.
    Rise of TMNT - Ugly AF (resized).jpgRise of TMNT - Ugly AF (resized).jpg

#137 4 years ago

That last picture of the “newest” TMNT makes absolutely no sense to me. And they’re doing the same thing to another beloved franchise of mine, the Thundercats. Although I’d only be interested in owning a TMNT if it was the 80’s/90’s TMNT, I can at least respect the first reboot of the Nick TMNT. Same with the first reboot of Thundercats and MOTU. But as a buyer, I would be out of it wasn’t original turtles. And I wouldn’t even look at a machine with the most recent design of the turtles. Now I would hold out hope of a TMNT VE with classic turtles so that Stern could capitalize all around. But I still don’t see kids “that the new TMNT is targeted to,” being interested in dumping enough credits into the machine to make an operator happy. Just my opinion, and I don’t know anything other than personal observations.

#138 4 years ago

Let's just get on with Elvira 3, already. If that makes me an old man, so be it.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

worth note that Raw Thrills did the new turtles (it is crap geared to little kids BTW)

Shudder at the thought that an arcade game should be geared towards kids!

I've played it, it's basically a redo of the original Konami game, basic button mashing beat em up. I was 11 when the original came out, I'm pretty sure if you'd offered me the Raw Thrills version at the time I would have been blown away. Let kids form their own memories of games, not everything has to be repackaged for old men to relive their childhood.

Pinball is sold to old men, so there's a reason to worry about it there, I'm sure that weird Turtles reboot above would flop. But knocking an arcade game as being crap because it's geared to kids? Don't be so cranky.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Shudder at the thought that an arcade game should be geared towards kids!
    I've played it, it's basically a redo of the original Konami game, basic button mashing beat em up. I was 11 when the original came out, I'm pretty sure if you'd offered me the Raw Thrills version at the time I would have been blown away. Let kids form their own memories of games, not everything has to be repackaged for old men to relive their childhood.
    Pinball is sold to old men, so there's a reason to worry about it there, I'm sure that weird Turtles reboot above would flop. But knocking an arcade game as being crap because it's geared to kids? Don't be so cranky.

I mean physically it is an 8 year old height. They could have at least put it at a std arcade height and they are trying to sell them to barcades also, so they missed the cross marketing capability IMHO

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Let's just get o with Elvira 3, already. If that makes me an old man, so be it.

No shit. Screw these people. Stay right there I’ll go get your walker so you can get out of this thread.

#142 4 years ago

I thought people were joking about a Turtles pin..... I mean, really??

#143 4 years ago

Would Queen be an old man theme?

Grossed $850 million so far, most successful music biopic ever.

Seems like it would be popular universally?

https://pitchfork.com/features/article/queens-bohemian-rhapsody-is-now-the-biggest-music-biopic-ever-its-also-total-bullshit/

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Let kids form their own memories of games, not everything has to be repackaged for old men to relive their childhood.

My thing is that “arcade games” as I know them are pretty much dead. You go into an arcade at a water park hotel and it’s 98% redemption machines and one of the large Pac Man or Galaga games. I don’t think kids care about games that can be recreated on an iPad or console. My step-kids are more entertained with flash games on the iPad or iPhone than anything on a console even. So targeting a Konami beat em up to the younger generation seems futile. I started that TMNT game with my wife and two kids and ended up finishing it with just my wife since they got bored and moved onto the redemption stuff. Just personal observations. But it seems to me that us old guys that grew up in the old arcade scene are keeping the barcades alive.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from nitroman28:

No shit. Screw these people. Stay right there I’ll go get your walker so you can get out of this thread.

No need. Most of the nonsense on these threads stops once your parents get home from work and makes you do your chores.
    I can wait till then.

#146 4 years ago

Much rather see Godzilla than Turtles or Jaws. But sounds like we will see Jurassic World next if rumor mill is correct. Then Elvira in October.

Bring on Elvira !

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The clear reality is

Quoted from Whysnow:

Reality is that every JJP game

Quoted from Whysnow:

The reality is that Stern make 5x the titles on average

Quoted from Whysnow:

The reality is JJP offers about 1/5 of the total title in that same time frame.

Do you know what "reality" is?

#148 4 years ago

Please....... don't want anything aquatic or with big teeth.

For the love of god, someone please put MET Premium back on the production line

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Please....... don't want anything aquatic or with big teeth.
    For the love of god, someone please put MET Premium back on the production line

Lars has pretty big teeth...

#150 4 years ago
    TMNT (resized).jpgTMNT (resized).jpg
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/3?hl=nitroman28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.