Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.
    #51 4 years ago

Why in the wide world of sports would they bother with another elvira? Of all the things to choose from...it’s still 2019 correct?

Harry Potter would sell.

#52 4 years ago

Aren’t we due for a Music theme pin for this year?

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I don't know I have never seen another game have a Knight mech, that has a flail with two spinning balls that interact with game play and I own a lot of machines and have played many other games. The maiden ball lock is cool on the premium/LE but the average person won't care all they will see is a ball hitting a ball. I agree 100% percent with you on the BBB lock I wish someone would bring that back Sega Godzilla does the same concept and I enjoy it.

Yes. Bring it back!

#54 4 years ago

Hopefully, it will be almost as good as last summer's August release - Deadpool. That's pinball utopia right there.

#55 4 years ago

No matter what the theme is, I just want the code to be nearly done.

#56 4 years ago

As long as it's not Phish.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

As long as it's not Phish.

Agreed. Would not want stern to F that on up! JJP or bust on that one.

#58 4 years ago
    jaws2 (resized).jpgjaws2 (resized).jpg
    #59 4 years ago

No need to be in a hurry, people will just bitch and complain about it anyways no matter how good it turns out to be. People in this hobby hate pinball.

#60 4 years ago

I am guessing whysnow will still be banded from the State of Michigan...

#62 4 years ago

Yep someone said Jaws, 7 years ago and every day since.

But shit I guess it worked for Maiden!

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I am guessing whysnow will still be banded from the State of Michigan...

Two questions...

What is “banded”?
    Wtf are you talking about?

#64 4 years ago

Still holding out for hello kitty.

#65 4 years ago

I'm still hoping it's Godzilla, but but my gut tells me they won't since they've already gone out on limb twice this year.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm still hoping it's Godzilla, but but my gut tells me they won't since they've already gone out on limb twice this year.

Me too but considering how badly the movie is doing unless they already have the game being made it doesn't look good

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Why in the wide world of sports would they bother with another elvira? Of all the things to choose from...it’s still 2019 correct?
    Harry Potter would sell.

Totally agree. But honestly I feel the same about Munsters.

Star Wars - get it.

BKSOR, got it.

Elvira? Really? Why not Hee Haw? Benny Hill? I just don’t get it...

#68 4 years ago

i think it will be jurassic world next.

i do think elvria is a good idea. monster themes are cool. with cool toys and the software today, it could be an awesome game. in a way, you already might think of past elvira games like black knight. it's just sort of a pinball thing everyone remembers. for me, i like the theme. it would appeal to me more than jurassic park.

#69 4 years ago
    rs_1024x759-181201195308-1024-eminem-ariana-grande-justin-bieber-2.ct.120118 (resized).jpgrs_1024x759-181201195308-1024-eminem-ariana-grande-justin-bieber-2.ct.120118 (resized).jpg
    #70 4 years ago

My guess is also July for a Jurassic World release by Keith Elwin. I really hope for an artwork by Zombie Yeti.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Peanuts:

My guess is also July for a Jurassic World release by Keith Elwin. I really hope for an artwork by Zombie Yeti.

I cant believe that we dont already know by now. They have really kept this one tight lipped so far. I thought this was going to be a Brian Eddy game?

#72 4 years ago

Return to Gilligan's Island.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought this was going to be a Brian Eddy game?

I had hope for that also but that seems fading...

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Reality is that every JJP game made has sold at likely 3x what Stern sells.

This is why pinside is still funny, using numbers that don't mean anything to claim every JJP sells 3x compared to whatever Stern puts out, yeah right...
    Black Knight will easily sell out Dialed In in the end as it's just more fun IMO.

#75 4 years ago

JJP outsells Stern? By 3x?!?!
    1DCDE522-E243-46AC-B480-87889ECC6C91.gif1DCDE522-E243-46AC-B480-87889ECC6C91.gif

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

[quoted image]

yeah, it is pretty clear that WOZ, TH, and DI have all sold about 3x more in quantity than the typical Stern game.
    The reality is JJP offers about 1/5 of the total title in that same time frame.

Stern total sales are obviously way more than anyone, but for edition size of the 3 JJP titles have all sold very well.
    WOZ just keeps selling and the total number is crazy at this point (I am amazed they are still producing them but it seems to be the case)
    TH sold very well out of the gate
    DI was slow to start but obviously picked up lots of steam.

All 3 titles have done quite well.

In comparison, Stern typically gets 1 hit title a year. Maiden, DP, etc...
    The other titles average very low numbers.

Anyone paying even remote attention to what they see on route, in personal collections, and recorded on websites that track the info can see the clear and obvious trends.

#77 4 years ago

I’m a huge JJP fan. Stern sells way more pins than JJP does. No idea why anyone would think otherwise. Both manufacturers have provided numbers before and Sterns are like 5x higher at least.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, it is pretty clear that WOZ, TH, and DI have all sold about 3x more in quantity than the typical Stern game.
    The reality is JJP offers about 1/5 of the total title in that same time frame.
    Stern total sales are obviously way more than anyone, but for edition size of the 3 JJP titles have all sold very well.
    WOZ just keeps selling and the total number is crazy at this point (I am amazed they are still producing them but it seems to be the case)
    DI was slow to start but obviously picked up lots of steam.
    All 3 titles have done quite well.
    In comparison, Stern typically gets 1 hit title a year. Maiden, DP, etc...
    The other titles average very low numbers.
    Anyone paying even remote attention to what they see on route, in personal collections, and recorded on websites that track the info can see the clear and obvious trends.

Where are you getting the data from? I’m genuinely curious as I’ve never seen numbers from JJP and Stern that would back up that claim.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I feel like BK SoR sales aren't going well?

That's because it's an awful, boring game.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Where are you getting the data from? I’m genuinely curious as I’ve never seen numbers from JJP and Stern that would back up that claim.

I didn't believe it either, but if the pinside map is a good enough sample size -- and I think it is -- JJP games have done pretty well. On a home-ownership basis, JJP games have outsold nearly all Stern games I've searched. If you include on-site games, Stern and JJP are neck and neck. And obviously on a yearly basis, Stern outsells JJP on sheer quantity alone.

Someone else said it best, but Stern produces usually one quality game per year on average. I don't think we've seen their top game of 2019 yet.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

On a home-ownership basis, JJP games have outsold nearly all Stern games I've searched. If you include on-site games, Stern and JJP are neck and neck.

Star Wars - Release date of June 2017 (all versions, home and location, using Pinside data)

1,201 (Pre/LE - 455 home/124 location, Pro - 243 home/379 location)

Dialed In - Release date of June 2017 (all versions, home and location, using Pinside data)

657 (540 home/117 location)

So, there's that.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, we can.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Star Wars - Release date of June 2017 (all versions, home and location, using Pinside data)
    1,201 (Pre/LE - 455 home/124 location, Pro - 243 home/379 location)
    Dialed In - Release date of June 2017 (all versions, home and location, using Pinside data)
    657 (540 home/117 location)
    So, there's that.

Pinball Map shows 603 worldwide locations for Star Wars, about 100 more than Pinside lists.
    Dialed In shows 114 compared to the Pinside number of 117.

#84 4 years ago

I heard from a very good source that it's going to be TMNT.......

#85 4 years ago

Ghostbusters - Release date of March 2016 (all versions, home and location, using Pinside data)

1,664 (Pre/LE - 716 home/133 location, Pro - 394 home/421 location)

The Hobbit - Release date of March 2016 (all versions, home and location, using Pinside data)

685 (601 home/84 location)

Quoted from Whysnow:

Hmmm, 3x you say? Do tell.

#86 4 years ago

I’d be up for an original title, but I know licensed themes are what draw people to the pin. Look at all the great pins from the ‘90s that so many people love. Many of those are original themes. I can’t imagine that an original pin done well would sell any less than an Elvira 3 or BKSOR. Plus, they wouldn’t have to pay the license fee. I know they wouldn’t pass that savings on to the buyers, but if everything else stays the same they could make more profit. That seems to be some incentive there. Why not give it a shot? Bet on yourself and take a chance instead of relying on some one else’s ideas all of the time.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Reality is that every JJP game made has sold at likely 3x what Stern sells. The reality is that Stern make 5x the titles on average.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Ghostbusters - Release date of March 2016 (all versions, home and location, using Pinside data)
    1,664 (Pre/LE - 716 home/133 location, Pro - 394 home/421 location)
    The Hobbit - Release date of March 2016 (all versions, home and location, using Pinside data)
    685 (601 home/84 location)

Hmmm, 3x you say? Do tell.

WOZ (their best seller) got crushed by MET too

#89 4 years ago

WOZ (their best seller) got crushed by MET too

Also, Star Trek.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Yes, we can.

We sure can.

Looks like the unnecessary duplicate of many other Stern threads is turning into yet another forum to praise JJP.

#91 4 years ago

I'm in on Elvira for sure if there is a Pro. It's not a Kapow thing. Cassandra Peterson cuts her own license deals so I see no reason it can't be a normal cornerstone game with Pro, Premium and LE. If so, count me in on a Pro.

Guess we will see what the summer release is in late July or early August. Elvira in October.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:Anyone paying even remote attention to what they see on route, in personal collections, and recorded on websites that track the info can see the clear and obvious trends.

Pinball Map WI

Iron Maiden’s at 20 locations
    Dead Pool 19 locations
    Black Knight sor 9 locations

Woz 4 locations
    Dialed In 5 locations
    Hobbit 1 location

#93 4 years ago

Does anybody know how much LE´s Stern has plan to build?

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This was a troll thread from the beginning. The next two games are totally out there in the other three+ threads about Stern's next game. We should be asking what is after JW/Eddy and Elvira/Nordman instead of wasting air space here.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

This was a troll thread from the beginning. The next two games are totally out there in the other three+ threads about Stern's next game. We should be asking what is after JW/Eddy and Elvira/Nordman instead of wasting air space here.

Elwin (JW) is the next core game, not Eddy, but yes I agree this is a repeat thread that should die.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Elwin (JW) is the next core game, not Eddy, but yes I agree this is a repeat thread that should die.

Then what the hell is Eddy doin' at Stern, beatin' off in the bathroom?

#97 4 years ago

If Elvira 3 is an October release , will it be at Pinball Expo prior to Halloween. Not really thinking Halloween would have an impact on a pin sale....

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Also, Star Trek.

Don’t forget about ac/dc

#99 4 years ago

Then what the hell is Eddy doin' at Stern, beatin' off in the bathroom?

He is after Elwin based on the latest rumors. Stern has changed the order of games before, so who knows. As far as the title, either Godzilla or Jaws are rumored.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjpins:

I heard from a very good source that it's going to be TMNT.......

Yep TMNT! Someone has inside information!

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/2?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.