Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.
    #1151 4 years ago

Paperclip ball lock.
    36A78DB4-88CA-4B62-A923-5A2608D8455A (resized).png36A78DB4-88CA-4B62-A923-5A2608D8455A (resized).png

6061BB38-8AA6-486B-B5A4-DA544D73663C (resized).png6061BB38-8AA6-486B-B5A4-DA544D73663C (resized).png
    #1152 4 years ago

Biggest problem is the pricetag

#1153 4 years ago

This thread confirms .... there are a ton of drama queens on Pinside who need to make everything about themselves and their pin-hardships LOL
    dq (resized).pngdq (resized).png

The anti-SWHome crowd posing for a group photo today after the announcement

#1154 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Biggest problem is the pricetag

I agree, they would have something good if this was $3500 max

#1155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

How stupid Do you and Stern really think people are?

Have you ever seen any episode of reality TV....EVER?!? Pretty soon humans are going to start growing tails again.

What amazes me more than the so-called "stupidity" of someone that would buy this is the level of aggravation shown by those who won't. A company put out something that you don't want to buy, and the reaction is "How could they do this to me? They're only supposed to make games that I like!"

Stern puts out more games than any other pinball company and catches more shit for doing it. Would everyone complaining about this "blip" of a game be happier if Stern went the way of other companies and put out one game a year? It's only been 2 or 3 months since Stern's last reveal, and people are ready to lynch them.

I think Stern's and my estimation of people's average intelligence are the same.

#1156 4 years ago

Running off to claim www.1uppinball.com

#1157 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Similar, but Not true. The lock is in a different spot, and there is a drop target bank in front of the left ramp. It also locks 2 balls instead of 1 like Supreme.

Ah, pretty subtle difference, but you are correct, the left ramp has been moved behind the drop target bank, which has opened up an additional lane to the left of the new ramp. I'm pretty sure the lock mech (this is the captive ball post, right?) was the same on spiderman home though

#1158 4 years ago

Game looks fun. My only real complaint is the price point, but Stern knows their channel marketing way better than any of us here do, so who am I to judge. I hope it a hit for them! No, it is not a machine for "us", but honestly, Spider-man home edition is freaking fun...and this looks to be as well. Hope I get to play one someday!

#1159 4 years ago

I think the real question is what does MSRP mean? Was a time we knew that was a bullshit number and you could knock a lot off it street. Is that the case here or is that locked in?

#1160 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

There have been a bunch of SW Pros listed for $4700-$4800 in the MN/WI region in the past year. This is a pretty typical price for any recent HUO Stern game these days. Munsters and Maiden too. Can't believe people are disputing this. The only lcd Stern Pro that sells for more than that is Deadpool or maybe Black Knight right now.
    [quoted image]

Thanks for giving me examples of SOLD games in an effort to prove there are UNSOLD games. What are you guys smoking?

#1161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I think the real question is what does MSRP mean? Was a time we knew that was a bullshit number and you could knock a lot off it street. Is that the case here or is that locked in?

My distributor is promoting them at $3,999.99

#1162 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Ah, pretty subtle difference, but you are correct, the left ramp has been moved behind the drop target bank, which has opened up an additional lane to the left of the new ramp. I'm pretty sure the lock mech (this is the captive ball post, right?) was the same on spiderman home though

Yes, this is a similar lock but different - by moving it against the ramp and adding a post and a switch, this mech locks two balls instead of just one like Supreme/SM. That's a decent/clever little improvement.

The $3999 street price some are saying is good news. There could be a market at $1,500 below what a pro costs.

As I said in the non-Hilton thread, this game is basically a pro. Add a larger screen and coin mechs and this would be a legit location game, like Supreme is.

#1163 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I figure they set the list price at $4500 so they could sell at a street price of $4K.

Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Okay, so I was a penny off.

#1164 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

Thanks for giving me examples of SOLD games in an effort to prove there are UNSOLD games. What are you guys smoking?

sorry your SWpro aint worth more that 4700...

good luck with your sale...

#1165 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah - it's an item in their channel. Which gives them a link that they can then give to the media AHEAD OF TIME for when the video is live.

Sure seems like they gave it to the public and not to the media to drive interest from pinball enthusiasts.

#1166 4 years ago
    Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Hmm.

Link..?

#1168 4 years ago

Ok so I went and watched Zac S. blow it up on the DF live stream and I am now going to have to post this... ok, if this showed up on Christmas morning, it is a f-ton closer to a commercial game than a Zizzle. As a matter of fact, the game reminded me of a system 11 or early wpc type ruleset, complete with bonus lights, countdowns... kind of a throwback and something modern mashed together. Would like to play it and see one in person now. Not sure the NIB price isnt still a bit scary for the masses, hell, even to SW fanboys. But this toy is competing with buying a life-sized R2-D2 prop, and that is cheaper right now on Etsy and the any fanboy knows that R2-D2 is going to get him laid more.

76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    #1169 4 years ago

If you ever wanted to get into pinball with a low priced star wars game then get a data east.

Corny ass game. Theyve got DeadFlip embarrassing himself playing this turd of a game on twitch.

#1170 4 years ago

How big is that display? It looks about the size of my smartphone, maybe smaller.

#1171 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok so I went and watched Zac S. blow it up on the DF live stream and I am now going to have to post this... ok, if this showed up on Christmas morning, it is a f-ton closer to a commercial game than a Zizzle. As a matter of fact, the game reminded me of a system 11 or early wpc type ruleset, complete with bonus lights, countdowns... kind of a throwback and something modern mashed together. Would like to play it and see one in person now. Not sure the NIB price isnt still a bit scary for the masses, hell, even to SW fanboys. But this toy is competing with buying a life-sized R2-D2 prop, and that is cheaper right now on Etsy and the any fanboy knows that R2-D2 is going to get him laid more.[quoted image]

The Etsy R2 must be like the Zizzle of R2s then. My buddy is a builder and you could buy about 4 of these for how much he has into his.

#1172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

How big is that display? It looks about the size of my smartphone, maybe smaller.

Looks to be the size of a smartphone.

#1173 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry your SWpro aint worth more that 4700...
    good luck with your sale...

You: There are tons of SW Pros sitting unsold for 4700

Me: Where?

You: Lists a bunch of SW Pros that sold for 4700ish

Me: So where are the unsold ones?

Some other dunce: Look at this SW Pro that sold for 4700

Me: So where are the unsold ones

You: Something about my SW Pro that I'm not even selling?

Christ. Just say "oops, you're right, there aren't a bunch sitting unsold". It's easier and I'd respect that.

FWIW: I have a SW Pro and I listed it once just to see what I could get for it. I had it up for a few days and got two offers one for 5000 and one for 5200 and then I took it down because I love the game. But you seem not to realize that my point wasn't the value of it, my point was that there are no such games sitting around unsold whether for $47, $4700 or $47000. They don't exist.

#1174 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

You: There are tons of SW Pros sitting unsold for 4700
    Me: Where?
    You: Lists a bunch of SW Pros that sold for 4700ish
    Me: So where are the unsold ones?
    Some other dunce: Look at this SW Pro that sold for 4700
    Me: So where are the unsold ones
    You: Something about my SW Pro that I'm not even selling?
    Christ. Just say "oops, you're right, there aren't a bunch sitting unsold". It's easier and I'd respect that.
    FWIW: I have a SW Pro and I listed it once just to see what I could get for it. I had it up for a few days and got two offers one for 5000 and one for 5200 and then I took it down because I love the game. But you seem not to realize that my point wasn't the value of it, my point was that there are no such games sitting around unsold whether for $47, $4700 or $47000. They don't exist.

I'm buying one tonight for 4100. Therefore that's the new official price for an HUO Star Wars, whether or not you can actually find one for that.

I will argue this to the death, or until you give up. Whichever comes first.

#1175 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

I had it up for a few days and got two offers one for 5000 and one for 5200 and then I took it down because I love the game.

lol

#1176 4 years ago

Problem with this pin for people who are clueless about pins is well the internet. People research everything now. Never mind when spending 4K. These won’t sell very well IMO.

#1177 4 years ago

We've been through several Pin generations in the last several years, is there any anecdotal evidence of ANYONE new joining the hobby (Pinside) because of it? I think I can recall like 1 guy posting.

I am not sure why they keep going back to this idea.

#1178 4 years ago

Best news from this thread is that Beatles gold pricing is down to $6.8k. I’m onboard that once it drops another $3k.

Also good news is a SW home edition priced at $4k, I’m onboard once it drops another $1k. Which will happen first?
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpegB9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg

Riddle of the day - if Beatles and SW home pin are not for the active pinball community or Pinside, why are they being sold by pinball distributors?

#1179 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm buying one tonight for 4100. Therefore that's the new official price for an HUO Star Wars, whether or not you can actually find one for that.

I was never arguing with you. I was never arguing with anyone about the price. I was arguing with the implication that there are a bunch out there that people are having trouble selling. Which is just flat-out false.

#1180 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

I was never arguing with you. I was never arguing about the price at all, but some others don't apparently comprehend that.

There are no discussions on Pinside or exchange of ideas. Only arguments, disagreements and overwhelming disappointment.

I almost forgot. There are no opinions either, only unfiltered facts.

#1181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

There are no discussions on Pinside or exchange of ideas. Only arguments, disagreements and overwhelming disappointment.

Bingo

#1182 4 years ago

Btw, Rob I totally dig the avatar. It does suit this forum to a tee sometimes.

#1183 4 years ago

Just watched the deadflip stream. It looks like a fun, albeit stripped down pinball experience. If they can get it down in Australia to $5,500 AUD or less, then I think it will sell well

Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    #1184 4 years ago
    Quoted from HarrieD:

Running off to claim www.1uppinball.com

Lol... probably too late...

#1185 4 years ago

My only worry is this might raise the price of Stern pinballs. Seems like to me I’ll be a HUO collector instead of NIB which should have been my approach to begin with lol.

Regardless, let the market dictate if this succeeds or fails.

#1186 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As I said in the non-Hilton thread, this game is basically a pro. Add a larger screen and coin mechs and this would be a legit location game, like Supreme is.

Yeah, honestly, even though I'm not a fan of this price point...

Look at Tron Pro. Please. Really, look at it. It didn't even have a single drop target. It had a motorized spinner and motorized target bank, three flippers.....two ramps...and....lots of standups...with two spinners. It was a great game, and it was... *drumroll*

4200 shipped.

This game has a LCD screen that Tron did not, drop targets that Tron did not, metal ramps to Tron's plastic, and one less spinner, one less motorized feature, and one less flipper. Seems like a wash to me, if you look at how prices have jumped since the switch to LCD, and apparently what Stern values the LCD at? Stern is definitely moving in the right direction with these, IMO. People complained previously they were too simple. Now it looks more like a regular pin and less like a toy. Now it has a coin door and a proper screen. The real question will be for this game and moving forward....is the code enough, and is the build good enough, to entice people that own legitimate pins but CAN'T for whatever reason afford a Pro, or is this just Stern trying a new price point to see if it will stick or not?

#1187 4 years ago

Modern Sterns- cheap in every way apart from cost.

#1188 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

Modern Sterns- cheap in every away apart from cost.

There’s not a single manufacturer in the world with a lower price, so I guess you may want to find a new hobby.

#1189 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s not a single manufacturer in the world with a lower price, so I guess you may want to find a new hobby.

But almost all provide a better value

#1190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

But almost all provide a better value

Enjoy your Jetsons, Cosmic Carnival, Houdini, Mafia, and Thunderbirds.

#1191 4 years ago
    200.gif200.gif
    #1192 4 years ago

So MSRP on this thing is $4499 per their FB page.

A Pro is $5999

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

I'll take Shadow, Funhouse, Roadshow, or a number of other B/W B-titles for less or right around that (looking at you, Funhouse).

Man......

#1193 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm gonna need a notarized receipt with a photo of today's newspaper, a sworn affidavit from two witnesses, and the GPS coordinates of where the sale went down. Otherwise I'm going to accuse you of lying, being a paid shill for Stern, as well as being Jody's sock puppet account.

#1194 4 years ago

It’s ridiculous how many people care about what other people care about.

#1195 4 years ago

Stern like any company has finite time and resources.

I think people are upset because they spent resources making a "machine for no one" instead of finishing code for existing games or putting more effort into new ones.

I'm sure they have a pretty good margin on this but even if they sold it for zero profit it still wouldn't be cheap enough to be a mass market item.

#1196 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

So MSRP on this thing is $4499 per their FB page.
    A Pro is $5999
    Holy. Fucking. Shit.
    I'll take Shadow, Funhouse, Roadshow, or a number of other B/W B-titles for less or right around that (looking at you, Funhouse).
    Man......

SWHE has already been marked down from $4499 to $3999 by a large online pin shop.....worried about sales already? Lol..

#1197 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

One man's dream is an other's nightmare. I wouldn't play a Zappa machine if I was in the finals of Pinburgh and had to forfeit.

Good one, my nightmare pin would be a Michael Jackson theme

#1198 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I think people are upset because they spent resources making a "machine for no one" instead of finishing code for existing games or putting more effort into new ones.
    I'm sure they have a pretty good margin on this but even if they sold it for zero profit it still wouldn't be cheap enough to be a mass market item.

I don’t think people are upset they spent resources on this title. Simply many are frustrated because it was marketed to the hardcore pinheads via a youtube “premier” countdown timer and they got all spun up for a new game and were let down when it’s not meant for them. All good. I hope Stern sells a bunch of these. Gomez already has hinted on FB that it’s going well early on.

#1199 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

SWHE has already been marked down from $4499 to $3999 by a large online pin shop.....worried about sales already? Lol..

You may be new here, maybe not, but Stern games don’t sell for MSRP.

#1200 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

But look what resources they did use for this game? Are people upset that George Gomez and Dean Grover aren't working on the newest Stern pin? Would Dean be tasked with finishing Ghostbusters code?

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.