Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.
    #1101 4 years ago

No need to get upset. There is already a Star Wars pin for true pinheads. I don't see how this is some insult to "loyal" customers. Just don't buy the stupid thing. Price seems very high but maybe this is just like a real pin with more basic features. Looks better than past home pins I will give it that.

#1102 4 years ago

Pictures up on Stern site

#1103 4 years ago

Actually, I had a good time with this announcement! I especially liked the press release that stated Stern Pinball is "a global lifestyle brand"!

#1104 4 years ago
    Quoted from thecashier76:

I have a bad feeling that this might make used pro’s more expensive. Especially Star Wars pro’s. Why would someone sell their pro for $4500-$4800 when the new PIN is $4500?

used pros will sell for whatever people are willing to pay for them. I don't really see the pin impacting used pro pricing

#1105 4 years ago

I have a bad feeling that this might make used pro’s more expensive. Especially Star Wars pro’s. Why would someone sell their pro for $4500-$4800 when the new PIN is $4500?

If past history is any indicator, you won't see many Home Edition games for sale on Pinside.

#1106 4 years ago

2 bad Star Wars pins weren't enough...Stern needed to finish off the trilogy.

SW Pro, Premium/LE, and now the home version = Jar Jar Binks

#1107 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

They got games at the comic con which averages 130,000 people in attendance?
    This game is marketing towards new buyers.

I was referring to people on pinside who are desperate to spend money on a new pin who were hoping Stern was gonna deliver something actually good.

#1108 4 years ago

umm... because they are not selling for 4800... so if they want to sell it, then they have to drop the price to what market dictates.

#1109 4 years ago

I think it actually looks not bad for a home market. If I found one used for a couple grand I would buy one. $4500 is laughable though.

#1110 4 years ago

A few observations:

-As I've stated many times I just don't think the "home model" concept works in this industry. You either get a zizzle for $500 or this for $4500, either way you miss the mark, both in price and in product. They can keep trying. In product at least, this is far better than anything they've come up with before (the game looks fun, just as Spider Man home is, and it looks and likely feels like a real machine), but you can't ignore the "why not just pay $900 more and get a real one" factor. Sharper Image and Skymall ain't around anymore. And you guys who think they could sell something like this at $2000 or $3000 and still make money are dreaming. This is very close to a pro machine.

-This is another base game we'll see recycled as a Specialty custom game, giving them three to offer now (Whoa Nellie, Spider Man Home being the other two)

-the reaction here is and will be, as usual, completely bonkers. This has no effect on you or your life, and it's shocking how personally people continue to take this stuff. Stern will continue putting out 2-3 all new, full size, commercial pinball machines a year as they always have, and when they try new things like this and you all hate it, it's as bizarre as it's completely expected. There was no "hype" here to disappoint you guys, we just found out about this two days ago, and any let down is completely manufactured by yourselves. You'll get your new game in October just like you all expected 3 days ago.

When you are the #1 company in your industry, you have the luxury of trying out new stuff that would put the other companies out of business. They try stuff like this because they can.

Stern may constantly let everybody down, but Pinside never does.

#1111 4 years ago
    444D3250-5FD5-4F9E-A86D-4176187D1B15 (resized).jpeg444D3250-5FD5-4F9E-A86D-4176187D1B15 (resized).jpeg
    #1112 4 years ago

Looks to be more fun than the pro, honestly.

#1113 4 years ago

any hope for a topper for this version lol

#1114 4 years ago

CrazyLevi summed it up perfectly. Mods lock thread. Or you can all suffer through 20 more pages of the same few arguments & complaints.

#1115 4 years ago

I wonder if the slings and pops will have dedicated switches, or if it's SP Home redux on those.

#1116 4 years ago

One thing we can all agree on... the music in the trailer is amazing!

#1117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

took literally 5 seconds to find 1
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81874
    others that were sold for 4700 in the past month
    here is one with shaker for 4700
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-wars-pro-w-shaker#post-4975290
    4800 loaded. pretty sure it sold for 4700 also
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-or-trade-star-wars-pro-2
    4700 is a pretty well established asking for a nice low play Swpro currently

Those all sold... And likely sold fast. You said there are a bunch of pros sitting *unsold*.

#1118 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

One thing we can all agree on... the music in the trailer is amazing!

LOL... yeah...

#1119 4 years ago

The right side of this home machine stole artwork from the LE edition ....

#1120 4 years ago

This a full size PF?

#1121 4 years ago

Watching the Dead Flip reveal and this game is better than some of the other games that have come out recently.

It blows Thunderbirds out of the water. Also Mafia. Beats Cosmic Carnival too.

#1122 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

CrazyLevi summed it up perfectly. Mods lock thread. Or you can all suffer through 20 more pages of the same few arguments & complaints.

Not yet, there hasn't been any dimple talk.

IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpgIMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
    #1123 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

No need to get upset. There is already a Star Wars pin for true pinheads.

Exactly. It would have been much worse if the home pin would have been some new title, like Stranger Things, and took the place of an actual full-featured game that Pinsiders would want but would never get made.

#1124 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

Those all sold... And likely sold fast. You said there are a bunch of pros sitting *unsold*.

There have been a bunch of SW Pros listed for $4700-$4800 in the MN/WI region in the past year. This is a pretty typical price for any recent HUO Stern game these days. Munsters and Maiden too. Can't believe people are disputing this. The only lcd Stern Pro that sells for more than that is Deadpool or maybe Black Knight right now.
    Screenshot_20190718-121521 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190718-121521 (resized).png

#1125 4 years ago

It really is stunning how butthurt so many are over a company doing whatever they want to do, whenever they want to do it.

Stern doesn’t owe you or the “community” anything. They’re a company experimenting with new things. If you don’t like it, who cares? It doesn’t need to be read into as “alienating their base!” Who cares if they teased this and did a reveal video? I promise you that the net loss on your time complaining about said reveal is greater than the loss in time from watching it.

#1126 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Watching the Dead Flip reveal and this game is better than some of the other games that have come out recently.
    It blows Thunderbirds out of the water. Also Mafia. Beats Cosmic Carnival too.

Same here. Looks very similar to Spidey Home. Similar layout with tweaks. Does look fun, though.

#1127 4 years ago

People just like the over analyze everything.

#1128 4 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

People just like the over analyze everything.

And on that note... there is an entire other portion of their website devoted to "affordable-home-game" now.

https://sternpinball.com/affordable-home-game/

Only 1 entry so far...

I'm calling it now. Deadpool Home Edition is next.

#1129 4 years ago

it’s the exact same as Spider-man Home and Supreme. but u get a death star amp behind the three drops. this shouldn’t be 4,500. it should be 2,500 at best. with an LCD smaller than my apple watch i’d rather take my money and get a nice baywatch or world poker tour. maybe if the layout was original i would be a little more interested.

MJR

#1130 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJR8peanut:

it’s the exact same as Spider-man Home and Supreme. but u get a death star amp behind the three drops. this shouldn’t be 4,500. it should be 2,500 at best. with an LCD smaller than my apple watch i’d rather take my money and get a nice baywatch or world poker tour. maybe if the layout was original i would be a little more interested.
    MJR

That's what we were waiting for!

Please tell me how Stern could sell these for $2500 and not lose money on every sale?

#1131 4 years ago

I think Stern would be better off building a simple 1/2 or 3/4 scale video pinball machine. They could even charge some crazy fee ($100) to allow you to unlock other games. They already have a relationship with The Pinball Arcade..

#1132 4 years ago

lol they say it's affordable... for 500 - 800$ cheaper than a Pro. They can't be serious.

#1133 4 years ago

mods > topic is marked resolved

feel free to lock it up.

and I can start one for the next summer? release

#1135 4 years ago

It tool a while but finally a reveal that makes the "Al Capone's Vault" seem less disappointing.

#1136 4 years ago

After watching some of the stream, it's fine for a home game. The only thing that really bothers me about the gameplay on these is both slings firing at the same time. One doesn't have enough time to rebound before it hits the other, so you end up really getting only one good hit.

Other than that, I'm sure some dumbass who spent money on this game will enjoy it.

#1137 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

-This is another base game we'll see recycled as a Specialty custom game, giving them three to offer now (Whoa Nellie, Spider Man Home being the other two)

This is the same layout as Spiderman home

#1138 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's what we were waiting for!
    Please tell me how Stern could sell these for $2500 and not lose money on every sale?

they can’t but if they want to price a game as a home model when their are so many more options at that price point and below for better games in full size cabinets with real displays then it should be around that price point. hell. most of our first games were EM’s. maybe stern should start selling those for 2,500 and market that as a home model.

MJR

#1139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

After watching some of the stream, it's fine for a home game. The only thing that really bothers me about the gameplay on these is both slings firing at the same time. One doesn't have enough time to rebound before it hits the other, so you end up really getting only one good hit.
    Other than that, I'm sure some dumbass who spent money on this game will enjoy it.

I was wondering the same thing, the action in the pop bumpers looks good though.

#1140 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

How is a NORMAL PERSON supposed to know a Star Wars Pro even EXISTS and can be bought by someone who isn't a professional operator?

You think any normal person would Shell 4K without checking reviews, available options etc?
    How stupid Do you and Stern really think people are?

At that suggested price, i would almost loose hope in human intelligence, if they sell more then 20 machines.

#1141 4 years ago

This thing looks super fun. Spinner is awesome. I kinda want one. I mean, not really, but you know.

#1142 4 years ago

there is an aerosmith pro that was just listed for the same price as this star wars home edition. but it has slings that fire one at a time. a full cabinet. full size display. full speakers. awesome mechs. for the same price as a re-skin.

MJR

#1143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

You think any normal person would Shell 4K without checking reviews, available options etc?

Yes? They do it every day?

#1144 4 years ago

I have a Fireball home edition and a Vacation America in my collection... I would love this Star Wars home pin to add!

#1145 4 years ago
    Quoted from TiltDis:

I have a Fireball home edition and a Vacation America in my collection... I would love this Star Wars home pin to add!

Then you better jump on it because I don’t think Stern will make very many.

#1146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Then you better jump on it because I don’t think Stern will make very many.

let's rephrase:

They'll sell like hotcakes, better preorder yours!

#1147 4 years ago
    Quoted from TiltDis:

You can talk to your therapist about it.

#1148 4 years ago

Stern Pinball: Marketing ProTip: Don't try to hype a product with teases and a countdown timer that your hardcore fan base isn't interested in. Save those tactics for cornerstone titles. The build up and let down is why these threads are blowing up. No one remembers the Spider-Man home launch. Because Stern didn't market it to Pinside.

#1149 4 years ago

BREAKING:
    dead flip confirmed it is not a cornerstone and that stern is still on their normal schedule for games. so this means 2 more games?

MJR

#1150 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

This is the same layout as Spiderman home

Similar, but Not true. The lock is in a different spot, and there is a drop target bank in front of the left ramp. It also locks 2 balls instead of 1 like Supreme.

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/23?hl=thecashier76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.