Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.
    #901 4 years ago

Oh god someone please post pics tomorrow!

#902 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

[quoted image]

Thanks, I hate it.

#903 4 years ago

Silver lining :S)it’s not a Whoa Nellie or Spider-Man copy. Maybe 3/4scaling the game will make it seem more loaded & less barren!

#904 4 years ago

I am willing to bet stern will be asking $4500 for these. Watch...

#905 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

When is Stern releasing their next real pinball machine?

Quoted from WolfManCat:

Rumors point to Elvira 3 in October.

Rumors point to Jurassic park or world next week.

#906 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Oh god someone please post pics tomorrow!

They just did go back a few posts

#907 4 years ago

Stern has ruined my life.

#908 4 years ago

This just ruined my evening.

#909 4 years ago

Its an older user name, but....

Quoted from ectobar:

Username checks out

#910 4 years ago

My guess is that Stern isn't ready for JW to be played at a show by the masses yet. If they announce next week that will buy them a few more weeks to get the game ready for primetime. I think the first games anyone plays will be a Deadflip stream and not a public show. Although it would be awesome to be wrong and to have a game to play at ReplayFX!

#911 4 years ago

Boy I sure picked a bad week to give up smoking Meth... This home crap, again? Probably a sbc and cheap tft screen attached to a couple node boards, and throw in an audio amp for good measure... I bet they start at $2995, $5k by Dec 25th, $1500 by Dec 26th on CL, a can of charcoal lighter and a match included free, no charge.

Lets face it, every nerd, geek, and spaz who ever asked for a pinball machine from Santa has ended up with Zizzle, Home boy screw over edition as a consolation gift. Can you imagine asking your parents for a pinball machine for Christmas and opening up a nib SWHE? I think I would march into my bedroom, grab my slush fund stash from it’s hidie-hole, walk back out to my parents and hand it to them and say “Return that POS, please, and use the the refund and my extra $1500 and buy me a SW Pro, please? Orherwise, i will be outside, playing with the box it came in...

Let’s face it, if they can get 1000 SW fanboys even a little exited, they might sell a few hundred... not sure what kind of marketing genius thought this was a Stellar Wars idea...

#912 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

My thoughts exactly. It could be Thomas and Friends for all I care.

You're in luck then!

come_on (resized).PNGcome_on (resized).PNG

#913 4 years ago

Wait.... is that a retheme of something els into a star wars? Is this a Home Edition with a coin door? I'm so confused

#914 4 years ago

From Steve Bowden....

C99DF650-04BD-410D-9B7F-E03C9680915D (resized).jpegC99DF650-04BD-410D-9B7F-E03C9680915D (resized).jpeg
    #915 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

They just did go back a few posts

It has a square zap button on lockdown bar...
    I'm out.

#916 4 years ago

Thank god it doesn’t come with the topper.

#917 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It has a square zap button on lockdown bar...
    I'm out.

It’s a start button.

#918 4 years ago

Why would they have a countdown on YouTube and create hype if the intended audience of the game is unaware of Pinball and would be buying one of these as an entry level machine? This could be an intended leak to lower expectations and everyone will be completely surprised by an actual new release tomorrow!

#919 4 years ago

Well still holding out hope were being trolled.

But if this is all they are releasing tomorrow. They are missing the entry level by $2+k. In order for these to be arcade 1up like. They would have to be $1,000 or $1299 max.
    A cost your avg parent could put on a CC. And even at those prices I still dont think it would be worth while. Time would be better spent creating or improving a new title.

#920 4 years ago

Maybe this is the first web-connected Stern game?

It links directly to your eye doctor, if you have trouble reading the score it schedules an appointment for you.

#921 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

Silver lining :S)it’s not a Whoa Nellie or Spider-Man copy. Maybe 3/4scaling the game will make it seem more loaded & less barren!

Looks like the layout is a little different.

#922 4 years ago

Btw just to note.

Deadflip at the Beginning of his twitch stream yesterday. Was confronted with a bunch of people complaining about the star wars H.E rumors. He let out a big laugh and said "I love it how everyone thinks they know what's going on. " then ignored the comments any further.

#923 4 years ago

Where were these photos taken?

#924 4 years ago

Funny how so many people just can't separate from the idea of a product that is not made for them. This product is not for the collectors on pinside and has ZERO bearing on the next cornerstone release of Jurassic World. It harms you in no way and what is good for Stern is good for pinball. More pinball for more markets and more people. Why the long face?

The Spiderman home game was fun for what it was. It has a full sized playfield and the same flipper mechs as a regular game. It is nice and light to move around without a lot of fuss. Looks like they have upgraded a lot on this newer model and moved the speakers up to the speaker panel. Like the other games they will sell for less than MSRP. All things considered this is a perfect game for Project Pinball to put into children's hospitals too. The Spiderman game worked great in that setting and the kids loved it and didn't destroy it the way an Arcade1up would be.

#925 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Funny how so many people just can't separate from the idea of a product that is not made for them. This product is not for the collectors on pinside and has ZERO bearing on the next cornerstone release of Jurassic World. It harms you in no way and what is good for Stern is good for pinball. More pinball for more markets and more people. Why the long face?
    The Spiderman home game was fun for what it was. It has a full sized playfield and the same flipper mechs as a regular game. It is nice and light to move around without a lot of fuss. Looks like they have upgraded a lot on this newer model and moved the speakers up to the speaker panel. Like the other games they will sell for less than MSRP. All things considered this is a perfect game for Project Pinball to put into children's hospitals too. The Spiderman game worked great in that setting and the kids loved it.

You talk like Stern knows more about pinball manufacturing than the experts here on Pinside.

#926 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Where were these photos taken?

comic con i believe.

#927 4 years ago
    Quoted from koops:

comic con i believe.

Wonder if it was in the Stern booth or Star Wars booth? If it’s the Star Wars booth there may be hope yet.

#928 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder if it was in the Stern booth or Star Wars booth? If it’s the Star Wars booth there may be hope yet.

Apparently the Stern booth is in the Star Wars booth... seems like we probably won’t see Elwin’s game for a few more days.

#929 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

You talk like Stern knows more about pinball manufacturing than the experts here on Pinside.

Ha. That’s a good one.

#930 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Apparently the Stern booth is in the Star Wars booth... seems like we probably won’t see Elwin’s game for a few more days.

At the Star Wars convention this past April in Sterns home town, they had 3 SW machines set up. No signage how to buy one. No rep from Stern nor a distributor. Looked thrown together at the last second.

#931 4 years ago
    FB_IMG_1563434932990 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1563434932990 (resized).jpg
    #932 4 years ago

How do you like that jelly Clark?

#933 4 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

seems like we probably won’t see Elwin’s game for a few more days.

Premiere at ReplayFx, maybe? Sort of fits the 2 weeks meme.

#934 4 years ago
    Quoted from Burley9043:

How do you like that jelly Clark?

Ok, now that made me laugh.....at 7:03 AM. I needed that.

#935 4 years ago

How does the saying go again.......You can only skin a Jedi once.

#936 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Can you imagine asking your parents for a pinball machine for Christmas and opening up a nib SWHE? I think I would march into my bedroom, grab my slush fund stash from it’s hidie-hole, walk back out to my parents and hand it to them and say “Return that POS, please, and use the the refund and my extra $1500 and buy me a SW Pro, please? Orherwise, i will be outside, playing with the box it came in...

Could this sound any more like an entitled brat. If my kid pulled this shit on me they’d get nothing.

Quoted from John_I:

Well said.

#937 4 years ago

The force is not strong with this one.

#938 4 years ago

As long as these sell for $999 I think it's great. They are going to be $999... right?

#939 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Funny how so many people just can't separate from the idea of a product that is not made for them. This product is not for the collectors on pinside

I´m just seriously interested. Who is this machine for?

The only thing i hear around here, that made even marginal sense is that it is designed for children wards in hospitals and such.
    That may actually be a valid point. The same with youth centers and the likes.
    I can see some sense in this, but only if the quality on said products is absolutely stellar.

I´m sceptical.

#940 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoshPA:

As long as these sell for $999 I think it's great. They are going to be $999... right?

Still for most an expensive care-less christmas toy.

#941 4 years ago

I bet they had a lot of Star Wars parts to get rid of.

#942 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I bet they had a lot of Star Wars parts to get rid of.

bingo. what a huge let down on what could/should have been an amazing game.

#943 4 years ago

Well.... I wish them luck with this one..

#944 4 years ago

I might consider if pf could be lifted & the price was 699.

#945 4 years ago

I'm really happy the industry is to a comfortable place where experimentation like this is possible.

I also think Stern knows exactly what is up trying to have a lower entry point into pinball ownership. Don't forget 90s games are like 3 grand or more now.

#946 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm really happy the industry is to a comfortable place where experimentation like this is possible.
    I also think Stern knows exactly what is up trying to have a lower entry point into pinball ownership. Don't forget 90s games are like 3 grand or more now.

and full featured, coded games, with parts availability, and they play like an actual pinball machine instead of a fischer price toy in a full box.

Compare some of those great 90s games for 2500-3500 to this 2019 turd in a box for 4k... Every person with even an iota of sense will pick the classic for less.

#947 4 years ago

Based on that last pic, we are clearly in Zizzle++ territory. Priced accordingly, non-pinheads might just buy them.

On the positive side, no more moving the multiplier arrows

#948 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Based on that last pic, we are clearly in Zizzle++ territory. Priced accordingly, non-pinheads might just buy them.
    On the positive side, no more moving the multiplier arrows

As I previously stated, price is going to be key with this one. Word on the streets of pinside is that they will be $3,995 which I don't think will really fly off the shelves given how close in price it is to a gently used pro... but what do I know, I only do cost analysists and market trend research for a living.

#949 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

and full featured, coded games, with parts availability, and they play like an actual pinball machine instead of a fischer price toy in a full box.
    Compare some of those great 90s games for 2500-3500 to this 2019 turd in a box for 4k... Every person with even an iota of sense will pick the classic for less.

That's very much a rehash of the Arcade1up vs real cabinets argument.

I do believe there are enough people who would rather purchase a new star wars home game than deal with a 30 year old game. I'm guessing Stern does too. Like I think Aurich mentioned, they are even improving the design of the home pin with every iteration.

It's still not the game for me, but that doesn't mean it's a terrible idea.

#950 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinz:

[quoted image]

That’s one ugly looking Playfield.

I don’t think the Tie Fighter is even on a spring.

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/19?hl=kiwipinz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.