Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 28.
    #851 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Wouldn't you just flip out if it was 2 machines they introduce..

Yes, but only if the second game is Munsters Home Edition.

#852 4 years ago

I'm not posting their name here and getting them in trouble...call around and ask for prices. They are large and advertise on pinside. The last one I called about was in January, so no promises that price is still good. I'm assuming the shipping distance plays a role in that price as well.

#853 4 years ago

Common sense should tell you, they are not going to release JW while in the Star Wars booth Stop, just stop

#854 4 years ago

I've never bought a NIB I'm curious whose the top 3 cheapest / best distributors for NIB on or off of Pinside ?!

#855 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillPinball:

Who is selling Pros at $4800?

I miss the $3400 days ( Elvis).

#856 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I would argue that Zizzle does a better job at that than the stern home pins. Zizzles are cheap, small in size and don't take up a bunch of room, but fun with a low price point which that allows consumers a taste of pinball.

I bought my 5yr son a marvel zizzle for Christmas. We sold it about a month later because he wanted to play daddy's "real pinball machines". Zizzle seems like an ok idea but the non coil flipper make it pretty much a piece of junk. At least we made a profit and got him a nice stool to stand on.

#857 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

WAS
    SW was a while ago. 4800 was pretty standard then

Why do you always do this with stern pricing? You quote something from 5+ years ago and act like that is current or recent pricing. Then you pretend like you get your games for cheaper then everyone else but never have jack to back up anything you say. Best pricing for SW was around $5200 and people paying $5300-$5400 was very common. You literally do this all of the time. Now you are making fun of someone else saying they got screwed when your # is completely made up.

#858 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

As Whysnow will tell you, he has a distributor (don't bother asking who) that consistently sells him NIB Sterns for hundreds less than anyone else pays. Still, it sounds like zaphx payed several hundred more than "street" price for his SW Pro, so he should call some other distributors next time around.

It pays to shop around.

#859 4 years ago

It’s gonna be the Star Wars R2D2 topper availability that’s going to be announced....will make PinballManiac40 very happy!

#860 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

he has a distributor (don't bother asking who) that consistently sells him NIB Sterns for hundreds less than anyone else pays.

nah, other get the same prices I do. They just dont mention it here for fear of no longer getting those prices.

#861 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

As Whysnow will tell you, he has a distributor (don't bother asking who) that consistently sells him NIB Sterns for hundreds less than anyone else pays. Still, it sounds like zaphx payed several hundred more than "street" price for his SW Pro, so he should call some other distributors next time around.

It is amusing to me everyone is so concerned about what I paid for a game in Summer of 2017.

It was literally the week of release. I just saw the game at CAX and ordered one, without playing it, as an experiment to see if I liked pins. I figured if I didn't, I could sell it and not lose too much. We can see how that experiment turned out.

I really don't care if I overpaid by $500 or whatever you guys think the price should have been on a launch-week title. Doesn't matter one bit to me.

#862 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, other get the same prices I do. They just dont mention it here for fear of no longer getting those prices.

Doesn't seem like they should be afraid. You say this stuff all the time and what was it, last year when you were claiming TWD pro was $4200?

Quoted from zaphX:

It is amusing to me everyone is so concerned about what I paid for a game in Summer of 2017.
    It was literally the week of release. I just saw the game at CAX and ordered one, without playing it, as an experiment to see if I liked pins. I figured if I didn't, I could sell it and not lose too much. We can see how that experiment turned out.
    I really don't care if I overpaid by $500 or whatever you guys think the price should have been on a launch-week title. Doesn't matter one bit to me.

Most distros are not going to give a great deal to someone they don't know or haven't dealt with before. You maybe could have saved $200 or so but you got the game and have enjoyed it and that's all that matters.

#863 4 years ago

What time is this thing getting announced on Thursday?

#864 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I miss the $3400 days ( Elvis).

Starburst had NIB WPT and WOF for under $2500 shipped about 10 years ago, those games were the lowest prices i've paid for NIB Sterns. The current prices are hard to swallow now, but i'm a big sucka for NIB, can't wait for Keith Elwin and Brian Eddys new games gonna be fresh AF.

#865 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What time is this thing getting announced on Thursday?

The youtube 'premiere' has a 11:30 AM CST time on it.

#866 4 years ago

I though it was going to be announces at 12:30 am ?

#867 4 years ago

930 pst
    1230 my time so I'll be sure to be home for lunch

#868 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

It’s gonna be the Star Wars R2D2 topper availability that’s going to be announced....will make pinballmaniac40 very happy!

I think there is a good chance you are correct.

#869 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I think there is a good chance you are correct.

argh (resized).jpgargh (resized).jpg
    #870 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Why do you always do this with stern pricing? You quote something from 5+ years ago and act like that is current or recent pricing. Then you pretend like you get your games for cheaper then everyone else but never have jack to back up anything you say. Best pricing for SW was around $5200 and people paying $5300-$5400 was very common. You literally do this all of the time. Now you are making fun of someone else saying they got screwed when your # is completely made up.

Typical. He buys all his NIB pins at prices lower than anyone else on Pinside, but the value of all his used pins are worth more than anything else on the market. Nothing new here.

#871 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Just ignore it, dude.

#872 4 years ago

He might get better deals than others but 5700 for a SW pro is noob price period.

I think that's what his point was..

#873 4 years ago

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but, Keith posted a pic of Amityville Horror on his profile FB pic a few days ago.
    Makes me think of a giant fish that swims around AMITY Island in the summertime. Maybe I'm just wishing too hard for a JAWS pin, I dunno...

#874 4 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

... Keith posted a pic of Amityville Horror on his profile FB...

There are 23 Amityville Horror movies in the franchise.
    That is all.

#875 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

It’s gonna be the Star Wars R2D2 topper availability that’s going to be announced....will make pinballmaniac40 very happy!

Only will make me happy if you are buying it for me.

#876 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I've never bought a NIB I'm curious whose the top 3 cheapest / best distributors for NIB on or off of Pinside ?!

I just got my first NIB from Vanessa at Operation Pinball. They are in Iowa and I’m in NY but I had it in 3 days. Super nice and really helpful!

#877 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjruser:

It's a Frank Zappa pin for sure!
    Backglass based on 'Dinah-Moe Humm'
    I poked 'n stroked till my wrist got numb
    But I still didn't hear no Dinah-Moe Humm,[quoted image]

My dream pinball, a Zappa / captain beefheart Bongo Fury LE version

#878 4 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

One man's dream is an other's nightmare. I wouldn't play a Zappa machine if I was in the finals of Pinburgh and had to forfeit.

#879 4 years ago

so its going to be something like this?pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

=(

#880 4 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

so its going to be something like this?[quoted image]
    =(

What a hot mess that thing was.

#881 4 years ago

Well, I'll throw my hat in the ring..... I'm 100% sure it's Star Wars Home Edition tomorrow.

#882 4 years ago

For a while all distros had shit pricing

Stern really pushed price fixing for several months it seemed

Not talking about MSRP or MAP rules like in the past but actual sold price floors

It was brief. I think it ended shortly after the Star Wars release. In fact Star Wars MSRP dropped everywhere across the board & then floor price rules changed.

Made me think they saw a slowdown. I think this was shortly after the factory move too. My memory is fuzzy but there’s some truth above.

It got to the point there was no reason to call your distro and wire money. Better off using a credit card for the rewards & ordering online and gain eBay bucks. Every distro had the same shit price. Lots of folks posting “best I got was $100 off”

Glad it’s over.

#883 4 years ago
    9C9FD5D6-A882-4E59-B171-14F9F48C9DD5 (resized).jpeg9C9FD5D6-A882-4E59-B171-14F9F48C9DD5 (resized).jpeg
    #884 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

[quoted image]

</blockquot

#885 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

[quoted image]

Please be photoshop. Please be photoshop.
    Please be photoshop.
    Sigh

#886 4 years ago

Son of a .......

#888 4 years ago

At least it has a blank coin door instead of a wood panel. Already looks more appealing than the pro

#889 4 years ago
    6a0953545411d9dc4fffa1c1837da4773bb3541d.gif (resized).jpg6a0953545411d9dc4fffa1c1837da4773bb3541d.gif (resized).jpg
    #890 4 years ago

7F35A364-FE2F-48B1-8FF3-38CF9CDDCB7A.gif7F35A364-FE2F-48B1-8FF3-38CF9CDDCB7A.gif

Anything else?

#891 4 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

Username checks out

#892 4 years ago

Looks like a Pro with the Gomez style flat plastic ramps & an old iPhone screen

#893 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

[quoted image]

dammit stern. Oh well maybe next week

#894 4 years ago

That is....absolutely terrible. What a waste of a hype up...

#895 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

[quoted image]

If this tub of crap is more than $2500 it won't sell for shit!

What a FRIGGIN JOKE!

#896 4 years ago

I’d be happy if they just retheme Iron Maiden into just about any other theme. Love the 4 flipper layout.

#897 4 years ago

When is Stern releasing their next real pinball machine?

#898 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

When is Stern releasing their next real pinball machine?

Rumors point to Elvira 3 in October.

#899 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’d be happy if they just retheme Iron Maiden into just about any other theme. Love the 4 flipper layout.

My thoughts exactly. It could be Thomas and Friends for all I care.

#900 4 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Rumors point to Elvira 3 in October.

Jurassic world is such a strong rumor by multiple sources I would think that’s within a few week. You could be right though

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/18?hl=flare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.