Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.
    #751 4 years ago

Friday the 13th. Playfield looking all Crystal Lake. Humor similar to CFTBL, maybe with a Jason rising out of the lake modern "hologram". Jason's mom's head as a bash toy. Animation of Jason doing the sleeping bag kill in the pop bumpers.

Nah, they'd have to break Trudeau out of prison to do this one. It's gonna be a lousy home pin. And a dinosaur one with less features than the DE one.

#752 4 years ago

i think the office would make a great pin. upper pf is michaels office or the conference room and you start modes which are conferences. for a frenzy mode “no frenzy” where every switch mike screams no

MJR

#753 4 years ago

Heard about the Star Wars the Pin for a while now, but that doesn't make it true. It also doesn't change anything with the regular cornerstone games though.

#754 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinmeister:

I still want a Futurama pin. Sign me up for the Zapp Brannigan LE.

This would be a day one purchase for me ( not necessarily the ZB edition tho ) ! I also want Celebrity Deathmatch but the licensing would be super prohibitive to get access to the whole catalog .

#755 4 years ago
    Quoted from tpir:

I would want a Bayyyybyyyyy Snayyayaykkkesss multiball.

Do do do-do do-do

#756 4 years ago

I will be surprised if they pass on all these great theme and vault suggestions and excitement and go back to an original Jurassic park theme that no one seemed to be asking for.

Stern must feel very confident in blowing the DE version out of the water.

We’ll find out...

#757 4 years ago

Is Godzilla still an option!?

#758 4 years ago

Godzilla would sell big time if it was the TOHO version. Universal appeal. Just took this photo in Tokyo after attending new Avengers movie. See Godzilla looming over the TOHO theater?

572F3F3B-95DC-447C-A7D5-A209C01EE5E6 (resized).jpeg572F3F3B-95DC-447C-A7D5-A209C01EE5E6 (resized).jpeg
    #759 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJR8peanut:

i think the office would make a great pin. upper pf is michaels office or the conference room and you start modes which are conferences. for a frenzy mode “no frenzy” where every switch mike screams no
    MJT

Yea and the video on the screen can zoom in and out and shake excessively for no apparent reason. Would be great...

#760 4 years ago

A good theme plus satire, get ready.

nes.jpgnes.jpg
    #761 4 years ago

Any rumors of a John Wick pin?

#762 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

Friday the 13th. Playfield looking all Crystal Lake. Humor similar to CFTBL, maybe with a Jason rising out of the lake modern "hologram". Jason's mom's head as a bash toy. Animation of Jason doing the sleeping bag kill in the pop bumpers.
    Nah, they'd have to break Trudeau out of prison to do this one. It's gonna be a lousy home pin. And a dinosaur one with less features than the DE one.

I wish but it will never happen.
    I saw this car a few weeks ago.
    The machete is attached to the rear wiper blade.

75DEA295-62E1-4427-B267-A53FEFD72B07 (resized).jpeg75DEA295-62E1-4427-B267-A53FEFD72B07 (resized).jpeg
    #763 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Let's just say The Doctor is in.

20190717_055015 (resized).jpg20190717_055015 (resized).jpg
    #764 4 years ago

I figured it out. It will be another horror themed pin.....” The View” consider the possible number of bash toys on the playfield! Pure genius.

B406B9B0-A76D-471E-A338-6EDD79FA5CEE (resized).pngB406B9B0-A76D-471E-A338-6EDD79FA5CEE (resized).png
    #765 4 years ago

The Stern booth is physically inside the Star Wars both at Comic Con. https://www.comic-con.org/cci/2019/exhibitors

My money is 100% of Stern Star Wars now... presumably the rumored home edition.

STERn (resized).pngSTERn (resized).png
    #766 4 years ago

It’s already practically a home edition. Really surprised they’d do another variant.

#767 4 years ago

sadly the home edition crap makes sense why this secret was kept under tight lips... nobody gives a flying fuck about it...

oh well, more crap games for them to sell to homeowners I suppose.

Once you have raised the cost of a stripped back Pro to 5600 and tried selling 8k Beatles, you have to give the distributors something to sell to the bottom end and they can market 4k as a bargain compared to that "commercial model with a MSRP of 6500"

I sure hope there is some surprise in store for us collectors, but my excitement sure is nill currently.

#768 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The Stern booth is physically inside the Star Wars both at Comic Con. https://www.comic-con.org/cci/2019/exhibitors
    My money is 100% of Stern Star Wars now... presumably the rumored home edition.[quoted image]

This is what I was told...

"Stern is showing at Comic-Con later this week a new entry level pinball for the home market and they are launching this line with the Star Wars game.

This is not an Enthusiast type game but an entry level pinball. Full size playfield but cabinet will be 5" shorter. Blank door with no coin-op conversion possible.

MSRP will be $3995 and available not too far down the road."

#769 4 years ago

My money is on Jurassic Park.

#770 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

My money is on Jurassic Park.

As a real pin lets hope so, but now first garry's box of lights wit a star wars decal on it

#771 4 years ago

I’m going to try to keep calm about this home edition pin. Didn’t Keith Elwin post a 2 weeks message last week? So I’m going to wait another week.

#772 4 years ago

As much as we piss and moan about the home editions, Stern keeps making them. They must be profitable.

#773 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

and tried selling 8k Beatles

And let's just quickly check in and see how that worked out for them...

Flying off the shelves! (resized).pngFlying off the shelves! (resized).png

#774 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

LOL

WOW! where are they advertising that price?

#775 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

Wow...a $200 discount! Street price for The Beatles was ~7k...

#776 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

a $200 discount!

$1,200

#777 4 years ago

Sure, if you were stupid enough to pay MSRP of $7,999!

As I said (if you can read), "Street price for The Beatles was ~7k". I know, because I purchased one.

#779 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

This is what I was told...
    "Stern is showing at Comic-Con later this week a new entry level pinball for the home market and they are launching this line with the Star Wars game.
    This is not an Enthusiast type game but an entry level pinball. Full size playfield but cabinet will be 5" shorter. Blank door with no coin-op conversion possible.
    MSRP will be $3995 and available not too far down the road."

This makes zero sense to me as you can pickup a used pro for not that much more. With a price point like that why wouldn't you just spend a few extra on the real deal? I know its not for pinsiders, but for entry level folks, and even then 4 grand is a hefty price tag for entry level.

#780 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

(if you can read)

Clearly I can read because I'm on an online forum. That comment was unnecessary.

Don't you think they would also come down off the street price too if they're advertising lower prices? Seems reasonable to me.

#781 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

Nobody was playing it at pinball show I went to. Lame game

#782 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

This makes zero sense to me as you can pickup a used pro for not that much more. With a price point like that why wouldn't you just spend a few extra on the real deal? I know its not for pinsiders, but for entry level folks, and even then 4 grand is a hefty price tag for entry level.

It's all in the marketing. Pinball is still on the outside of the mainstream and Stern is trying to break down the barriers with home editions when possible. People still associate pinball with arcades/bars so if you can make a "home" offering you immediately make it look more appealing.

#783 4 years ago

Yup, that's where it is. And I bet they have a "street price" that's even lower.

#784 4 years ago
    Quoted from cuebert:

It's all in the marketing. Pinball is still on the outside of the mainstream and Stern is trying to break down the barriers with home editions when possible. People still associate pinball with arcades/bars so if you can make a "home" offering you immediately make it look more appealing.

Not only that, but pricing a regular Stern pro not too much further out from the home model makes it look like a better value because you get the full arcade-style game for slightly more money. If you're in the "pinball store" and can get a whole game for 20% more, why not? That translates to more profits for Stern.

#785 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Clearly I can read because I'm on an online forum. That comment was unnecessary.
    Don't you think they would also come down off the street price too if they're advertising lower prices? Seems reasonable to me.

It's "marketing". The bottom line is many NIB Beatles were sold for ~7k (not far from the ad listed above).

GameRoomGuys is advertising $6,799 as the sales price...

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yup, that's where it is. And I bet they have a "street price" that's even lower.

Based on my experience with many pin purchases, I'd be really surprised if you are able to get GameRoomGuys to sell you a NIB Gold for much less than $6,799. If you can, awesome!

#786 4 years ago
    Quoted from cuebert:

Right but price is king. Arcade threads are blowing up right now with 1up arcade mods, and I would strongly argue that price and placement are strong factors in their "success". You wont see a 4 thousand dollar stern home pin at Walmart or target. I agree that the marketing might get someone to consider buying a pin that wouldn't have before, but I don't think the home use pins will be high sellers by any stretch of the imagination. I was introduced to someone recently though a friend because he just bought his first pin and it was a Star Wars pro. Id be willing to bet that he wouldn't have purchased a home pin as he "wanted the real deal". I really hope I'm wrong, and I want stern to be successful but my education and work experience is telling me this will be yet another stern flop.

#787 4 years ago

Star Wars home edition version probably won’t be for any of us pinsiders, (it wasn’t designed for pinside) but if stern can sell some and help spread pinball - that’s a win. If you don’t want one or hate it, just don’t buy one. The next full featured pin will be revealed soon....

#788 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Right but price is king. Arcade threads are blowing up right now with 1up arcade mods, and I would strongly argue that price and placement are strong factors in their "success". You wont see a 4 thousand dollar stern home pin at Walmart or target. I agree that the marketing might get someone to consider buying a pin that wouldn't have before, but I don't think the home use pins will be high sellers by any stretch of the imagination. I was introduced to someone recently though a friend because he just bought his first pin and it was a Star Wars pro. Id be willing to bet that he wouldn't have purchased a home pin as he "wanted the real deal". I really hope I'm wrong, and I want stern to be successful but my education and work experience is telling me this will be yet another stern flop.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/costco-the-pin-is-in-stock

#789 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Star Wars home edition version probably won’t be for any of us pinsiders, (it wasn’t designed for pinside) but if stern can sell some and help spread pinball - that’s a win. If you don’t want one or hate it, just don’t buy one. The next full featured pin will be revealed soon....

so its just a Star Wars pro minus the tie fighter on a spring and DMD?

#790 4 years ago

I've heard there's a Stern themed homebrew game in the works, the creator is calling it "Disapinment"

#791 4 years ago

I still think this will be so overpriced for what it is, that whatever casual buyer they are trying to market this thing for is going to take a hard pass (again). I'm really not sure why they are so hard pressed to keep attempting these home versions. If someone that's a casual buyer / non-enthusiast just wants something cheap to slap in a game room for the family, there are plenty of good / old used games out there.

#792 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

so its just a Star Wars pro minus the tie fighter on a spring and DMD?

It’s probably not even that. Just a Spider-Man Home Edition with Star Wars art.

#793 4 years ago

*insert negative comment here

#795 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

*insert negative comment here

99 whats next from Stern threads minus the 100% I could care less = a negative 1 !

There is a DOUBLE negative comment.

#796 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Arcade threads are blowing up right now with 1up arcade mods, and I would strongly argue that price and placement are strong factors in their "success."

Lol, what? Every big box store has piles of these they are trying to sell for 60-70% off. They are shit and so tiny they aren't worth it over any other DIY Mame solution.

#797 4 years ago

Jurassic World. Not the best kept secret.

#798 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Jurassic World. Not the best kept secret.

Can you confirm this Rob as word is the distributor stream was 45minutes of Star Wars Home Edition? Maybe this some kind of big prank, but that’s what I’ve heard from a couple of different sources.

#799 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I just think a 'home' version speaks to people who are outside the hobby... like, "OMG, you can get those for our rec room?!?" and Stern hopes that that will turn into some sales. It's like buying a pool table, you can get inexpensive pool tables, but for real billiard players they need a certain thickness slate, certain felt, etc. Just like we, as hobbyist/player/collectors prefer the non-home pins

They're not for us necessarily, so it's not a bad idea. The market is changing and growing and they have to keep testing the waters.

#800 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Can you confirm this Rob as word is the distributor stream was 45minutes of Star Wars Home Edition? Maybe this some kind of big prank but that’s what’s I’ve heard from a couple of different sources.

It's both.

Just no one seems exactly sure when JW announcement is.

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/16?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.