Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.
    #701 4 years ago

I have heard stern is possibly working with arcade 1up- any truth to this?

#702 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

You may want to check them both out. Very entertaining and you’ll see that a pin just may be in order

Rick and Morty won't happen just not into that stuff but Stranger Things has me intriqued.

#703 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I haven't heard anything, but the cabinets that CGC made a few years ago with the "Arcade Legends" stuff had a bunch of classic Stern arcade games in them, and they were all credited as being licensed from Gary Stern and another Stern, I presume his wife but perhaps his mother or sister.

So since they licensed those to Chicago Gaming I'm sure they'd be more than happy to license those to Arcade 1Up if they wanted to make a Frenzy/Berzerk game or something.

#704 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Rick and Morty won't happen just not into that stuff

1506089843-giphy-57.gif1506089843-giphy-57.gif

#705 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

They got everyone looking over here at this and then BAM, Jaws comes from out of nowhere!

#706 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

We get it. You don't consume contemporary media. Like it or not, Stern should be trying to grow pinball. Munsters, Elvira etc. just aren't going to cut it.

Oh man this shit again and never assume u know what I consume, u don't have a clue.

#707 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh man this shit again and never assume u know what I consume, u don't have a clue.

Heavy Metal & Classical music.

#708 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Heavy Metal & Classical music.

I do consume that and a lot of cheeseburgers.

#709 4 years ago

The Eagles was a bold choice for a theme but I like the playfield toys.

#710 4 years ago

We may finally get our Jaws pin, albeit in LEGO form?
    That would be a collaboration to build on!

#711 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

My 18 and 20 year old boys now think the new season for Stranger Things is pretty lame. They liked season 1 and that was about it.

Literally half season 3 was crap. About 1/3 of Season 2 was crap. Season 1 was great.

#712 4 years ago

I seriously don’t know why I get so anxious and excited at pinball announcements. What the hell is wrong with me!?

#713 4 years ago

Seriously calm down everyone, it's a Star Wars home pin.

#714 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I've been instantly calmed down by this revelation.

#715 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

They got everyone looking over here at this and then BAM, Jaws comes from out of nowhere!

I hope so!
    Just got this shirt a few weeks ago.

7E9B6ED4-E439-42B9-A631-1FBDD31C58EF (resized).jpeg7E9B6ED4-E439-42B9-A631-1FBDD31C58EF (resized).jpeg
    #716 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

My 18 and 20 year old boys now think the new season for Stranger Things is pretty lame. They liked season 1 and that was about it.

I'm 34 and I thought ST3 was the bee's knees.

#717 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yeah, my 17 and 19 years old love it.

#718 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I seriously don’t know why I get so anxious and excited at pinball announcements. What the hell is wrong with me!?

Thats funny!

#719 4 years ago

I love Star Wars. In fact I was just sourcing the 4K edits of the original films from the internet last night, but I was overly excited about a Stranger Things pin. What a massive let down a Star Wars home edition is.

I know it's not for us, but that doesn't make it any less annoying that they would hype up so much for a damn large toy.

#720 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

28 checking in. I thought it was badass as well.

#721 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Looks tight![quoted image]

Shit. Will it at least dispense a gum ball out of it.

#722 4 years ago

My 18 year old son watches a few things on youtube on his phone and even that is only when he is stuck waiting for something. Stranger Things is super targeted to a much older generation, its about being a kid in the 80s.

Netflix means a whole other thing to 18 year olds.

#723 4 years ago

My wife doesn't even play pinball but she got excited about a Stranger Things pin. I basically just got a free pass for a NIB and then it slipped right through my fingers.

#724 4 years ago

What a strange name for a pin, JULY 18.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #725 4 years ago

I think we’re being trolled here....no way the next release is Sw home. Possibly they’re launching the new game and a Sw home together at Comic-Con.

#726 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

I recall a somewhat recent Stern designer’s quote that the next title was one that nobody was really clamoring for....anyone else recall that?

Correct. It's going to be another music pin. Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell Pinball

#727 4 years ago
    Quoted from Time:

It's going to be another music pin.

Right out of the bygone era of the 70s - 80s, I hear it is making a comeback.
    THE PAN FLUTE!!

Gheorghe-Zamfir-The-Lonely-Shepherd-1978-1024x1024 (resized).jpgGheorghe-Zamfir-The-Lonely-Shepherd-1978-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    #728 4 years ago

Didn’t Stern reveal the Spider-Man Home edition together with another game? Was it with B66? Pretty sure it wasn’t revealed by itself.

#729 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

THE PAN FLUTE!![quoted image]

I saw Zamfir in concert.
    Nobody could hear him, but the service dogs were going crazy during the show.

#730 4 years ago

It's a Frank Zappa pin for sure!

Backglass based on 'Dinah-Moe Humm'

I poked 'n stroked till my wrist got numb
    But I still didn't hear no Dinah-Moe Humm,

Sheik_Yerbouti_1355156843_crop_550x550 (resized).jpgSheik_Yerbouti_1355156843_crop_550x550 (resized).jpg
    #731 4 years ago

Dirty love LE

#732 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

THE PAN FLUTE!!

Good stuff!!!! I have his 'Greatest Hits' compilation album.

#733 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjruser:

But I still didn't hear no Dinah-Moe Humm,[quoted image]

finally a music pin that would actually be good!!!

#735 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

I’d be in for an LE on Theme alone!

345D8FAE-A764-43AC-AAA3-CA177B626CD3 (resized).jpeg345D8FAE-A764-43AC-AAA3-CA177B626CD3 (resized).jpeg670BE0C8-50C8-4A0E-BA0F-8A497B3EDECA (resized).jpeg670BE0C8-50C8-4A0E-BA0F-8A497B3EDECA (resized).jpeg
    #736 4 years ago

Superman? After all it’s at comic con.

#737 4 years ago

Rat Fink !

46CF4793-DD52-45B7-B7DC-D14C178DDF87 (resized).jpeg46CF4793-DD52-45B7-B7DC-D14C178DDF87 (resized).jpeg
    #738 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjruser:

But I still didn't hear no Dinah-Moe Humm,[quoted image]

I would want a Bayyyybyyyyy Snayyayaykkkesss multiball.

#739 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Rat Fink ![quoted image]

Even though it has zero chance of happening, a Rat Fink pin would be amazing between the art and the possible storylines.

#740 4 years ago

Worse than a zero chance!
    I’ll keep lobbying for a Jonny Quest pin.

#741 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Worse than a zero chance!
    I’ll keep lobbying for a Jonny Quest pin.

Not another Band (it) pin!

#742 4 years ago

Licensing would be a nightmare, but can you Imagine if they Announced an Avengers Infinity War/Endgame Pin that had art of every character in that movie on the table. That would be worthy of SDCC and be the one pin for a Marvel fan to own.

#743 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nostaw:

Licensing would be a nightmare, but can you Imagine if they Announced an Avengers Infinity War/Endgame Pin that had art of every character in that movie on the table. That would be worthy of SDCC and be the one pin for a Marvel fan to own.

That would be awesome but yeah I bet licensing would prevent it from happening. Well, it could probably happen but I wouldn't expect any original actor voice and video clips. Square Enix, a multibillion dollar video game company, is making a new Marvel Avengers game and it doesn't feature the likeness of any of the actors from the films...

#744 4 years ago
    Quoted from Time:

Correct. It's going to be another music pin. Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell Pinball

That would be AMAZEBALLS!

#745 4 years ago

Holy crap. 13hrs away. 120+ posts plus another 120+ in the other Stern release thread. I thought we got a bombshell dropped but it's just a bunch of other guys as overly excited as myself lol

#746 4 years ago

I've got the phone and the checkbook ready for...…..

#747 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

This is def coming. And Jurassic Park. 100% sure on both.

#748 4 years ago

If Jaws was made, I’d buy 2.

But I don’t think stern has done a horror/violent/scary pin in.. like.. forever?

#749 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

The numbers I posted are 110% correct and Box Office Mojo does have the adjusted numbers for JP series. I was only posting North America numbers, World wide numbers the studios don't even get half that money. As for example in China they're getting a small fraction of theatrical run and sometimes they don't get any. Many times those markets buy into the film for their market, they pay one price and they own the film in that market. When they're making a new movie most of the time they sell foreign markets in advance to raise the money to make the movie. Studios get about 80% of the gross the opening weekend in north america and it goes down to as low as 30% at some point. Studios goal is to make its money back on a theatrical run but to do that they need to gross back 3 times the budget. Many directors, actors, and producers get points on a theatrical run, the money for the studios is everything after the box office.
    Theatrical runs are advertisement for the films for the next 25 years where they really make money... selling rights to cable, netflix, dvd, and licensing.
    Either way here is the link to JP series adjusted and unadjusted grosses: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=jurassicpark.htm
    As you will clearly see the latest JP film is second to last in gross after the adjustment. We're talking about NA only. BTW many films didn't get tracked for overseas, hence there are no numbers for much older movies.

So that's why you're not using international numbers? Lame. Stern markets globally and JP is a global brand whether you like it or not.

#750 4 years ago

I still want a Futurama pin. Sign me up for the Zapp Brannigan LE.

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.