Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.
    #551 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I wonder what Hazoff has to say tomorrow?

Same shit in many threads, rinse repeat.

#552 4 years ago

Seems like comic con is an odd but likely candidate

#553 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Nostalgia is a non issue for the youth of today.

Youth maybe, but Gen X still have a few years left in them. However if Pinball dies and the market gets flooded with cheap second hand pins to buy, I’ll be happy.

Back to topic. Jurassic World, Brian Eddy as soon as the GOT production run has finished is my pick.

#554 4 years ago
    Quoted from Peanuts:

Rick Naegele is on code for the next Elwin game (presumably Jurassic World), but Zombie Yeti is missing on this one...unfortunately

Elwin is still on both design and rules, so no one will have to worry about the code off the bat

#555 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Same shit in many threads, rinse repeat.

Yeah, how about some examples? If u mean brutal truth and not letting JJP fanboys get away with their shit then I'm right with ya. So please enlighten me to this so called "same shit" and then go play The Hobbit and think its good.

#557 4 years ago

Bill and teds looks slightly more real

#558 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Bill and teds looks slightly more real

Yeti said the art he posted wasn't for a pinball machine.

#559 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah, how about some examples? If u mean brutal truth and not letting JJP fanboys get away with their shit then I'm right with ya. So please enlighten me to this so called "same shit" and then go play The Hobbit and think its good.

Jeez, your avatar is spot on. You are truly brutal.

And THAT’S your charm Amigo. I love it. Keep on hammering brotha-man!

#560 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Yeti said the art he posted wasn't for a pinball machine.

Yeah, but it could be for the promotions flyer for a pinball machine.

#561 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

While I admire your tenacity Hilton, I’m thinking this one won’t be done. ZY never spills the beans before production. If anything it may be a homebrew pin.

1D21C65A-56E9-4232-A282-7996E77015E9.gif1D21C65A-56E9-4232-A282-7996E77015E9.gif
    #562 4 years ago

It's not going to be a pin. I say this because last I knew the rights holders were still pimping it.

It's probably a poster regarding a SDCC panel regarding the now-filming 3rd movie.

#563 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It's not going to be a pin. I say this because last I knew the rights holders were still pimping it.
    It's probably a poster for a SDCC panel regarding the now-filming 3rd movie.

#564 4 years ago

Wow. Edit fail on my part.

#565 4 years ago

2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png2019-07-14 19_14_33-brian eddy - Facebook Search (resized).png

#566 4 years ago

Just got this email.

Screenshot_20190715-110201_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190715-110201_Gmail (resized).jpg
    #567 4 years ago

Well that just sounds pretentious

Screenshot_20190715-110618_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190715-110618_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #568 4 years ago

New game reveal live stream on Thursday, 9.30am PST

#569 4 years ago

So, what is it? Usually mnpinball has chimed in by now.

#570 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

mnpinball has chimed in by now

He's already posted on Facebook.

Old age must be slowing down his coverage.

LTG : )

#571 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Well that just sounds pretentious[quoted image]

Sorry jy64. Was pretentious too big a word?

#572 4 years ago

I'm going with Stranger Things for several reasons.

1) JW: wasn't a flop but it didn't do nearly as good as the first one. There is no buzz around this movie and I honestly think no one really cares to see another. They have made 5 or 6 of these movies. There is no buzz. Lets also admit there has been more than one JP pinball games already where is the buzz for another one over another title worthy of Comic Con coverage.

2) Stranger Things: Despite the fact I'm not a fan of the TV show, a lot of people are and the TV show has a lot of buzz. The new series just came out which NetFlix would totally embrace at comic con. No one has ever made a Netflix pinball game so this would be a first, that is buzz.

3) Elvira: She's really old news in Hollywood and the comic con audience. I'd go with no chance here. Elvira is popular pinball title but not worthy of comic con reveal.

4) Music Pin: No chance you would debut that at comic con unless it was Queen which had a recent movie. Zero Chance.

I'm going with Stranger things 110% because of the reveal location. There is no new JW movie being promoted right now and wouldn't warrant a comic con reveal. Stranger Things is a hot comic con title.

I'm going with Stranger Things NOT JW.

#573 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

1) JW: wasn't a flop but it didn't do nearly as good as the first one. There is no buzz around this movie and I honestly think no one really cares to see another. They have made 5 or 6 of these movies. There is no buzz. Lets also admit there has been more than one JP pinball games already where is the buzz for another one over another title worthy of Comic Con coverage.
    2) Stranger Things: Despite the fact I'm not a fan of the TV show, a lot of people are and the TV show has a lot of buzz. The new series just came out which NetFlix would totally embrace at comic con. No one has ever made a Netflix pinball game so this would be a first, that is buzz.
    3) Elvira: She's really old news in Hollywood and the comic con audience. I'd go with no chance here. Elvira is popular pinball title but not worthy of comic con reveal.
    4) Music Pin: No chance you would debut that at comic con unless it was Queen which had a recent movie. Zero Chance.
    I'm going with Stranger things 110% because of the reveal location. There is no new JW movie being promoted right now and wouldn't warrant a comic con reveal. Stranger Things is a hot comic con title.

Well The last Jurassic World is the 13th Highest grossing film of all time and the first Jurassic World is #6. Pretty healthy international numbers too. I agree that the last couple of movies were disappointing but it sure still is a popular franchise. That being said, I hope it's Stranger Things too.

#574 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Usually this amount of brainstorming and logic results in being completely wrong. I'm still going with Human Centipede FTW

#575 4 years ago

Stranger Things has a cool factor, and I would be way more interested in this than JW, but I just don't see it happening. I hope I am wrong. Not interested in Jurassic anything as a theme.

#576 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Stranger Things has a cool factor...

Which is why Stern doing it would be completely unlikely. It would be great though.

#577 4 years ago

Being released at Comic Con should at least guarantee it being something relevant with Pop Culture. Lots of attendees to post pictures and tweets spreading the existence of Pinball to the world.

#578 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheGunnett:

Being released at Comic Con should at least guarantee it being something relevant with Pop Culture.

SO not an old man music theme?

#579 4 years ago

I just hope it's in the final bank at Pinburg.

#580 4 years ago

Stern posted this on fb almost 3 years ago (when they acquired the licence perhaps?) plenty of development time... my money is on Stranger Things reveal at Comic-Con

FBA71DF6-89E6-4BAF-AD92-6B9B85068E4F (resized).jpegFBA71DF6-89E6-4BAF-AD92-6B9B85068E4F (resized).jpeg
    #581 4 years ago

I’ll be dreaming for a Megadeth in collaboration with Heavy Metal magazine and Stern release at comic con. New comic book called Death by Design would be a perfect fit. DO IT STERN!!

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chief:

Stern posted this on fb almost 3 years ago (when they acquired the licence perhaps?) plenty of development time... my money is on Stranger Things reveal at Comic-Con[quoted image]

I don't recall that image.

It could be Stranger Things, at the biggest comic-con it would be the best place to announce.

But the same goes for TMNT and Jurassic. Your guess is as good as mine. But I think it will likely be one of those 3 (or Superman)

I have no idea

#583 4 years ago

The Duffer Bros are pinheads and were shopping the license around a few years back = Stern has the Stranger Things license.

It'd be a smart move. White-hot actual CURRENT IP theme, appeals to both the Gen Xers who buy games and millenials who drop location quarters, kids also love it and it takes place in the 80's which is the current "cool" nostalgia era. (80's is the new zombies)

Add in some licensed songs, do the score display in the "fuzzy VHS" motif (also very en vogue these days) and it will SELL!

#584 4 years ago

Guns and Roses Pin....

#585 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry jy64. Was pretentious too big a word?

Not at all I have to ask though the fact you made the exact same post on two separate threads did Panzer open a second account or just one more Pinside pinhead

#586 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chief:

Stern posted this on fb almost 3 years ago (when they acquired the licence perhaps?) plenty of development time... my money is on Stranger Things reveal at Comic-Con[quoted image]

My money is still on Jurassic, but...

Stranger Things.

Premium will have a mini playfield "basement" that will be the "upside down" where the flippers are reversed and you flip the ball toward the player. Will be on Premium/LE but not the pro.

#587 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Premium will have a mini playfield "basement" that will be the "upside down" where the flippers are reversed and you flip the ball toward the player.

Hope it's more reliable than Haunted Houses!

But uff...way too close to Munsters if they did that. Maybe they'll release JP first just to get a game betwixt like Kiss/Aerosmith layouts.

#588 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

All I can say is that this is how he responded when I asked him

Screenshot_20190714-005037_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190714-005037_Instagram (resized).jpg
    #589 4 years ago

Hoping for Stranger Things with Brian Eddy designing the game and Lyman on code Lyman has been on Batman 66 code forever so I wouldn't be surprised if he's coding Stern's next title.

#590 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hoping for Stranger Things with Brian Eddy designing the game and Lyman on code Lyman has been on Batman 66 code forever so I wouldn't be surprised if he's coding Stern's next title.

The comic con game is almost definitely Elwin, and he said it’s the same team as iron Maiden (minus Yeti) and Lyman has already said his next game is another special project which makes me think it’s probably Nordman and Freres’s new Elvira.

Feels like we won’t see Eddy’s game until 2020.

#591 4 years ago

Wow if it's stranger things that would be amazing

Tmnt would be my second then Jurassic world although they all would be welcome.... Much more than bk or something like that

#592 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lyman has stated on a podcast that he is not working on a Cornerstone game, so that leaves Elvira in his lap.

#593 4 years ago

Its gonna be a colonel angus pin!

FA2E5FA1-7E6A-427B-9E10-8119524C792A (resized).jpegFA2E5FA1-7E6A-427B-9E10-8119524C792A (resized).jpeg
    #594 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Well The last Jurassic World is the 13th Highest grossing film of all time and the first Jurassic World is #6. Pretty healthy international numbers too. I agree that the last couple of movies were disappointing but it sure still is a popular franchise. That being said, I hope it's Stranger Things too.

Couple things... Jurassic World grossed 652 million vs. Fallen Kingdome $417 that is a massive drop of $235 million dollars. Keep in mind if you adjust the gross then Fallen Kingdom is actually only the 4th highest grossing JP movie out of 5.

The original after adjustment for ticket prices was 776 making it #1. So my point is JWFK was a let down compared to JW.

JWFK right now is the 25th highest grossing movie without inflation factor in... with inflation its 131 all time.

Still its a lot of money I agree but a lot less than the previous movie. I think my main point is there is no buzz for this franchise, and part 3 doesn't come out until 2021.

Stranger Things I think makes more sense because its a hot buzz tv show with a huge following.

I'm putting all my marbles on seeing Stranger Things, because its comic con, and the show just released, makes the most sense.

Also with the way Stern has been rushing games, this seems like the right title, get something done while the iron is HOT! JW the movie was last summer, the next movie isn't until two summers from now no rush there. I think common sense and logic wins and you'll see Stranger Things, probably a game not much different than Walking Dead.

#595 4 years ago

I'm shocked at how well guarded Stern keeps their reveals.

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Lyman has stated on a podcast that he is not working on a Cornerstone game, so that leaves Elvira in his lap.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "cornerstone game"? That's a new term to me.

#597 4 years ago
    Quoted from ufotofu:

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "cornerstone game"? That's a new term to me.

Just a term for a new game...not the other things he mentioned.

#598 4 years ago
    Quoted from ufotofu:

A pinball machine with no corner brackets inside and a cab that splits.

#599 4 years ago

http://www.knaclive.com/article.asp?ArticleID=32992

Interesting that Exodus will be playing a show to kick-off ComicCon and Stern is one of the sponsors?

And Dave Mustaine will also be there later in the week to launch a Megadeth graphic novel.

#600 4 years ago
    Quoted from ufotofu:

it is a term Stern uses to mean 1 of the 3 games each year they make that will have 3 tier (pro, prem, le).

They intend those to sell well and be a foundation cornerstone to their sales.

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.