Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.
    #501 4 years ago

I'd like to see whatever the hell pinball machine that guy is playing in the new season of black mirror. Crazy future pin looks cool.

#502 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

CGC is making at least 1500 games per year and will do so for the likely future.

I think the fact that a 1990’s remake can take any market at all shows the strength of those machines and titles in the first place. CGC’s ability to modernize them without disfiguring them, and the quality of the machines is something to be worried about. If you place a Munsters Pro next to MB classic, which machine looks like it is worth the $5500 to $6000 you would pay for it?

Stern hasn’t ripped off their rearview mirrors just yet, but the strength of their new titles needs to match the speed of the upcoming traffic in their blind spot imho.

#503 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Ill stop wasting my time replying to you.

Well that was joke, kinda and its probably best u don't reply because u will most likely make urself look foolish. Good day sir.

#504 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

They better sell fast, I heard pinball is dead in 10 years...heard it on pinside which is always reliable

Really??? Because I heard that pinball manufacturing is going to go on for decades (maybe even forever and eva) because pinball companies plan ahead. Plus we all know that no company has ever gone out of business that planned ahead. If only those companies that made 8 track tapes planned ahead, I'm sure it would have worked out fine.

#505 4 years ago

Stern is about to do a quick run of GoT pros. I guess you could call it a vault edition.....

#506 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Stern is about to do a quick run of GoT pros. I guess you could call it a vault edition.....

Source?

#507 4 years ago

i want the office

MJR

#508 4 years ago

One of my distributors. Today.

#509 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That couldn't be further from the truth. Every JJP sale is one leas sale for Stern.

I couldn't disagree with this more, for me anyway if Stern or CGC or Spooky etc. didn't exist I wouldn't be buying Wonka. I would buy something classic and used long before something new that didn't interest me.

#510 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I couldn't disagree with this more, for me anyway if Stern or CGC or Spooky etc. didn't exist I wouldn't be buying Wonka. I would buy something classic and used long before something new that didn't interest me.

No question about it. I dont have an issue with JJP, but they haven't made a game yet that I'd be interested in buying. The games look nice and the few I played were pretty good, but they weren't anything that would interest me to buy for my own collection.

#511 4 years ago

Anyone who talks about "decades" when it comes to pinball -- whether good or bad -- has delusions of being Nostradamus. You don't know shit.

Relax, keyboard warriors.

#512 4 years ago

JW this week

#513 4 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Anyone who talks about "decades" when it comes to pinball -- whether good or bad -- has delusions of being Nostradamus. You don't know shit.
    Relax, keyboard warriors.

Yeah. You're right, genius. Theres no such thing as trends.

#514 4 years ago

Stern's next game will be a music game based around a cartoon.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #515 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Yeah. You're right, genius. Theres no such thing as trends.

oh be nice #eyerollmaniac

you said dead in 10 years and have some trend info somewhere that proves that I guess? Let's have it.

#516 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I dont have an issue with JJP, but they haven't made a game yet that I'd be interested in buying.

Yeah neither do I but apparently if u have this veiw point then ur a Stern fanboy which is really stupid. I had a deposit down on Hobbit until I played it. I almost bought a used DI recently and it didn't work out because BK3 won me over. I hope they make something that appeals to me and I would become a customer, the JJP fanboys are the worst and also the best as they are so easily triggered.

#517 4 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

has delusions of being Nostradamus.

Nostradamus was the one with delusions, I don't think anyone is saying with absolute certainty pinball as we know we die in the coming decades, actually yeah I am saying that.

8N9QWc (resized).png8N9QWc (resized).png
    #518 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

oh be nice #eyerollmaniac
    you said dead in 10 years and have some trend info somewhere that proves that I guess? Let's have it.

When I talk about trends, I'm talking specifically about VR systems, their steady improvement and their future impact on home entertainment.I work in that field and it's going to get scary good within the next handful of years. Good enough that rest assured the kids growing up on this technology will want little to nothing to do with anything else.

As far as pinball goes, I think it's pretty obvious that location pinball isnt anywhere close to what it use to be and it never will be again.Theres zero chance that the kids of today, will in the future fill the void left by the current hobbyist/buyers when we're gone. Their interest are in the digital realm, social media, online gaming etc. Pinball doesn't even make a blip on their radar. So i think things ultimately will dry up for the most part and that's a trend you can see with your own two eyes.
    Thats just MY opinion, but maybe I'm just talking out my ass. Time will tell.

#519 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah neither do I but apparently if u have this veiw point then ur a Stern fanboy which is really stupid. I had a deposit down on Hobbit until I played it. I almost bought a used DI recently and it didn't work out because BK3 won me over. I hope they make something that appeals to me and I would become a customer, the JJP fanboys are the worst and also the best as they are so easily triggered.

BK3 looks like a badass game to me, but I'm a B/W fanboy and I make no apologies for it either.

#520 4 years ago

Next Spooky game will be (Fall release) :

Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

KillerKlowns_SPOOKY_PINBALL (resized).pngKillerKlowns_SPOOKY_PINBALL (resized).png
    #521 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I'm talking specifically about VR systems, their steady improvement and their future impact on home entertainment.

Whilst I agree to a point. I don’t see real pinball dying out in the next decade. It has that tactile feel plus nolstalgia factor going for it. It’s survived video games, iPads, tv etc for 80 odd years now.

#522 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Killer Klowns From Outer Space.[quoted image]

Source ?

#523 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

That would definitely Interest me.

#524 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I hope so! That would be incredible! Only thing better would be an Evil Dead or a Misfits pin. Spooky could do all three!!! Charlie really needs to talk to Glenn Danzig and Jerry Only about making a Misfits pin happen. Spooky is the perfect company to make that a reality.

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from 7oxford:

Whilst I agree to a point. I don’t see real pinball dying out in the next decade. It has that tactile feel plus nolstalgia factor going for it. It’s survived video games, iPads, tv etc for 80 odd years now.

You're right, but that's the missing ingredient that VR will have in spades by the end of the 2020s. The haptic controls literally get better by the month.
    Nostalgia is a non issue for the youth of today. They didn't grow up in the arcade era and will have no emotional attachment to arcades or pinball imo.
    There really will be no comparison or competition to a truly immersive virtual world where anything you can think of is possible. I guess pinball could live on in a virtual world if you wanted it to.
    There are still engineering hurdles to be sure, but I have no doubt theyll be worked out well enough over the next 10 years that the experience will be nothing short of phenomenal. I think the impact, not just on Pinball but society as well will be exciting and scary.

#526 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

That's an interesting, outside the box idea.

#527 4 years ago

I am 51 and I have done a lot of VR on amusement park rides in the last few years, and it was cool and different, but I like to also ride the ride with no VR also. Now kids(yeah, anyone younger than me I call kids), I have seen many literally walk into a stop sign, or any sign on the side of a sidewalk with their smartphone in hand, and I have seen blood from the impact. And all the "selfie" mess, every other day some young person dies making a selfie on the side of a cliff or whatever. I really hope whatever changes happens soon will be for the better. One of the best things that could happen is if public schools would start teaching more about saving and investing, so future generations can afford to buy these pins when we are old and need care. LOL

#528 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's not a zero-sum game. The market is growing. It's fine that JJP is taking market share from Stern, because Stern is still seeing large growth overall as the industry leader.
    Stern isn't going to overreact JJP getting some Wonka's out the door after watching them tread water for several years. (I'm sure they appreciate JJP for experimenting with how much you can jack up the price in the base/premium/LE model)
    I really don't think Stern is worried about Spooky. 500 games a year is just not worth much thought. Stern can sell about that many LE's 4x a year.
    I think Stern isn't concerned with JJP and Spooky because of the mixed opinion of operators and their build quality. Plus it's just hard to beat the price on a Stern Pro. (Sure Stern has their own build quality issues too, but the perception is different for most people).
    I think Stern should be concerned with CGC though. They're cranking out classic games that people love for a decent price. If I see a lineup full of new pinballs, it's going to be mostly Stern and with some CGC.
    American Pinball. I'm writing their name just to prove I didn't forget about them. Just not worth talking about.

This right here. 6x upvote multiplier should be available.

Also, Wonka looks kind of boring and slow just like Oz was (IMO) but to each their own.

#529 4 years ago

Rick Naegele is on code for the next Elwin game (presumably Jurassic World), but Zombie Yeti is missing on this one...unfortunately

#530 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Oh man, what a classic 80's cheese ball and I love it. Saw that film with my long haired hoodlum friends back in 1990 under the influence of LSD and it was glorious. Might be my first Spooky pin if they do it right.

#531 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Hello, LotR Spike edition!

I´ll take one without the spike crap, a lcd screen and similar theme integration as the hobbit.
    While you´re at it, brush up the artwork abit.

#532 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:I dont care on a personal level 1 bit. Pinball is a hobby to talk about.
    As an outsider on a business level, it seems really apparent to me that Stern is obviously paying attention to JJP/Spooky/CGC and correctly so as they are taking potential $ out of the pinball buyer market.

OFc they are.
    Would stern have lcd screens today, if not for jjp?

This is a good thing for all pinball enthusiasts.

#533 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Yes.

#534 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I´ll take one without the spike crap, a lcd screen and similar theme integration as the hobbit.
    While you´re at it, brush up the artwork abit, while you´re at it.

OFc they are.
    This is a good thing for all pinball enthusiasts.

They would not. And judging by how barren BK:SOR is, I would imagine that without JJP, the games probably wouldn't have pop bumpers either at this point. There also would be maybe one flipper, because two flippers is cost-prohibitive.

JJP saved the 2nd flipper.

#535 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

They would not. And judging by how barren BK:SOR is, I would imagine that without JJP, the games probably wouldn't have pop bumpers either at this point. There also would be maybe one flipper, because two flippers is cost-prohibitive.

What a crock of shit. First off regardless of how barren BK3 is its much more fun to play than any of the JJP games thus far for me and to think JJP had any influence on what is in and whats is out of current Sterns is ridiculous. Oh and pop bumpers can go any time for me and I wouldn't care at all. Good day sir.

#536 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

Without Stern there would be no JJP (or pinball). Stern kept pinball alive when it was dying. Stern saved pinball. Where was jjp when sales were difficult? You're welcome JJP fan boy. Thanks to Stern you can buy jjp games and complain about Stern games to some stranger online.

Edit. Why dont comments like yours ever get taken down by moderators? Nothing you said has any relevance to the thread topic of "next stern game"
    I love how there is a large portion of jjp owners looking for stern threads to attack stern. Did stern run over your cat or something? Why the hostility? If you dont like something, dont buy it. Nobody want to hear you gushing over jjp or being pissy about Stern (who put out 4 games a year btw)
    Also cant beat Stern pro pricing

#537 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Without Stern there would be no JJP (or pinball). Stern kept pinball alive when it was dying. Stern saved pinball. Where was jjp when sales were difficult? You're welcome JJP fan boy. Thanks to Stern you can buy jjp games and complain about Stern games to some stranger online.
    Edit. Why dont comments like yours ever get taken down by moderators? Nothing you said has any relevance to the thread topic of "next stern game"
    I love how there is a large portion of jjp owners looking for stern threads to attack stern. Did stern run over your cat or something? Why the hostility? If you dont like something, dont buy it. Nobody want to hear you gushing over jjp or being pissy about Stern (who put out 4 games a year btw)
    Also cant beat Stern pro pricing

I see mild sarcasm and softball humor still sails RIGHT over the thick heads of some of you. What is it about Ontario that seems to make people so dry and reactionary?

So Stern should not be criticized just because they kept Pinball alive? My comment was related to how competition makes Stern up their game. We've seen basic features like subways, physical ball locks, sculpts (instead of vinyl cutouts), and other basic features get culled one by one and no one says "Boo" because almighty Stern is the only game in town. That's not practicality, it's Stockholm Syndrome.

I don't hate Stern, but I find a lot of their machines to be just as clunky-feeling as the Data East/ Sega titles that they made before the name change, and those games at least had more mechs in them. I am glad for the competition and I hope it creates better games for Stern fans. The LCD screens are a prime example of how this has already happened. And for the record, I'm a Bally/Williams fanboy, not a JJP fanboy.

And it is not BS to state a preference.

#538 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What a crock of shit. First off regardless of how barren BK3 is its much more fun to play than any of the JJP games thus far for me and to think JJP had any influence on what is in and whats is out of current Sterns is ridiculous. Oh and pop bumpers can go any time for me and I wouldn't care at all. Good day sir.

PREDICTION: Stern's next game will be BAFFLE BALL 3000

It will have no features. Just a ball and a playfield. Skid Row will do the soundtrack.

Steve Ritchie will design it.

Hazoff will declare it the greatest pinball of all time.

#539 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

I see mild sarcasm and softball humor still sails RIGHT over the thick heads of some of you. What is it about Ontario that seems to make people so dry and reactionary?
    So Stern should not be criticized just because they kept Pinball alive? My comment was related to how competition makes Stern up their game. We've seen basic features like subways, physical ball locks, sculpts (instead of vinyl cutouts), and other basic features get culled one by one and no one says "Boo" because almighty Stern is the only game in town. That's not practicality, it's Stockholm Syndrome.
    I don't hate Stern, but I find a lot of their machines to be just as clunky-feeling as the Data East/ Sega titles that they made before the name change, and those games at least had more mechs in them. I am glad for the competition and I hope it creates better games for Stern fans. The LCD screens are a prime example of how this has already happened. And for the record, I'm a Bally/Williams fanboy, not a JJP fanboy.
    And it is not BS to state a preference.

I still say you comment is less sarcastic than it is trolling.
    Walks into Stern thread. "Hey guys, Stern is shit, you should bow down before jjp"
    I like jjp games. I dont like the people that hero worship them. Toys and mechs dont make great gameplay. I'd take my maiden over most any jjp and it has nothing in it lol. Plays amazing though

#540 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I still say you comment is less sarcastic than it is trolling.
    Walks into Stern thread. "Hey guys, Stern is shit, you should bow down before jjp"
    I like jjp games. I dont like the people that hero worship them. Toys and mechs dont make great gameplay. I'd take my maiden over most any jjp and it has nothing in it lol. Plays amazing though

You honestly thought "JJP saved the 2nd flipper" was me being serious? And no one said anything about bowing down or shit. That's hyperbole.

I'm glad you like your Maiden. That's terrific.

#541 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

What is it about Ontario that seems to make people so dry and reactionary?

Well at least we can post what land we currently reside in, where do live? Fantasy Land

Quoted from Adipocere:

Hazoff will declare it the greatest pinball of all time.

Yep because thats my thing, to claim every Stern is the greatest, never happened and I only care for a very limited few Sterns so pull ur u know what what out of ur u know what kind sir. Thank you

#542 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Anyone know what font style those letters on the poster are called?

#543 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'd like to see whatever the hell pinball machine that guy is playing in the new season of black mirror. Crazy future pin looks cool.

I know it is not them , but wouldn't it be funny if it were a Deep Root game?

#544 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adipocere:

PREDICTION: Stern's next game will be BAFFLE BALL 3000

PREDICTION: Ur still in this state a year from now

1377631975_fNdrZ8RS3yVF06dN42tR_headass (resized).png1377631975_fNdrZ8RS3yVF06dN42tR_headass (resized).png
    #545 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

PREDICTION: Ur still in this state a year from now[quoted image]

Just realized he is new and only rated one game. His own game, TZ. 10/10. TZ is great but that about sums this guy up I think. Just ignore the new kid that cuts and pastes his comments to suit his arguement. The grown ups are talking.

#546 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I know it is not them , but wouldn't it be funny if it were a Deep Root game?

I posted a clip for those that dont watch the show.

#547 4 years ago

I love how the supplied link to the moderator thread denies access. Sometimes they need to admit they've just made mistakes. Reread this page and reassess your decisions.
    I wonder what Hazoff has to say tomorrow?

#548 4 years ago

So...

back on topic...

When will the announcement come?
    This/2nd week of July
    3rd week?
    4th week?
    5th week/ 1st of Aug?

#549 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So...
    back on topic...
    When will the announcement come?
    This/2nd week of July
    3rd week?
    4th week?
    5th week/ 1st of Aug?

I bet on 3rd week of July

#550 4 years ago

I'm thinking the 6th week of July.

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.