Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png
    There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 28.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yeah Stranger Things 3 was kind of weak. The monster wasn't really well explained and the only one of the original team who really did anything was Dustin (the toothless goofball).

Wasn't well explained, and too gross for a fair number of fans of season 1 and 2, I'd wager. This whole idea they have to "theme" seasons from 3 onward is dumb, too.

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Not really, but then again I don't care anymore. Good bye

Oh great! Now Hazoff rage quits Pinside! FAN-FRICKETY-TASTIC. Another great one gone. Like a lemming, I’m jumping too.

I

REGRET

NOTHINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

50FCFAA3-6DEF-469A-ABDD-1C0B640BB5B0.gif50FCFAA3-6DEF-469A-ABDD-1C0B640BB5B0.gif
    #453 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I am kidding myself.
    the kids these days tell be that uber(?) is like a faster taxi...uber here uber there...and if they live in any metro, there are freakin electric bikes and scooters everywhere...literally...there's one in front of my neighbor's house right now.....in short, I don't think DUI's are involved with pinball decisions. And, just because pinball is at a bar/eatery doesn't=get totally blotto and drive home to most people. AND, unless all of pinball is dying in next 10 years, you need to cater to "youth"-ish to some extent. Seems insane to think manufacturers haven't studied this.

First off, these days 2 beers in an hour =DUI. So no, You dont have to be "blotto" as you put it to get arrested and charged. Uber isnt free and idk any 20 somethings with all this money to burn that you seem to think they have at their disposal. Most of them are bitching about being in debt up to their ears because of school loans. And what does electric bikes have to do with anything? Are those free??? Besides, you can get a DUI on a skateboard these days.
    And Of course there's millennials in bars and maybe occasional playing pinball. So what??!!!! Who said there isnt? That doesn't mean they're looking to spend thousands on a game.
    Ultimately I think pinball dies on the vine in 10 years because of the disruptive technology that's on the horizon. It really doesn't matter who you cater pinball to at this point. Pinball will be in big trouble within the next decade so you might as well go after the guys with the deep wallets while you can. Hint: (it's not millenials)
    That's really all I was pointing out. All this other garbage you guys have been throwing at me has been anecdotal or a strawman argument at best.
    See you guys in 10 years and we'll discuss the state of pinball.

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Oh great! Now Hazoff rage quits Pinside!

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, u couldn't get rid of me with silver bullets and a wooden stake.

#455 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, u couldn't get rid of me with silver bullets and a wooden stake.

Hazoff, I like to think that you're wearing that same outfit that's in your avatar when you post. Always ready for battle.

#456 4 years ago

Looks like stern chose quantity over quality. Munsters and BKSOR really very average pins. They need to knock it out of the park on next release.

#457 4 years ago

I think bar-fly millenials would have to own a car before they'd be able to get a DUI.

Look I'm not saying make Power Rangers, Pokemon (insert millenial catnip title here) pinball, just consider younger players once in a while. Stern claims to care so much about operators (and they're the only company making pins operators can afford) so why not consider the base of who's actually playing these games outside of rich Gen X basements?

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

so why not consider the base of who's actually playing these games outside of rich Gen X basements?

Because they know who's really buying these games, Oh and stop hangin out with millenials at bars.

#459 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

Looks like stern chose quantity over quality. Munsters and BKSOR really very average pins. They need to knock it out of the park on next release.

Horseshit.

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Hazoff, I like to think that you're wearing that same outfit that's in your avatar when you post. Always ready for battle.

No, I'm completely nude ofcourse, well a headband and one sock but I'm not going to tell u where I wear that sock that would be weird.

#461 4 years ago

Jurassic world

Keith elwin

Trust me.

Www.Anchor.fm/bosshog

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Jurassic world
    Keith elwin
    Trust me.

I realistically think this is what it’s going to be, which would be great. But... what about Brian Eddy??

#463 4 years ago

Brian on Spaceballs would be a winner!

#464 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

AHA! Like any feeble-minded villain you’ve given up your one weakness...

Holy water it is. On a prostitutes belly button.
    CE96CE81-6065-4214-A8CA-F42756802729 (resized).pngCE96CE81-6065-4214-A8CA-F42756802729 (resized).png

#465 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Holy water it is. On a prostitutes belly button.

Is there any other way to drink holy water?

#466 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

so why not consider the base of who's actually playing these games outside of rich Gen X basements?

We can take a look at the league I'm in. 32 people. The only league around that's not over 1.5 hour drive. 70% Gen X players 30% Millennials. Pin ownership is 90/10

#467 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I think bar-fly millenials would have to own a car before they'd be able to get a DUI.
    Look I'm not saying make Power Rangers, Pokemon (insert millenial catnip title here) pinball, just consider younger players once in a while. Stern claims to care so much about operators (and they're the only company making pins operators can afford) so why not consider the base of who's actually playing these games outside of rich Gen X basements?

Quoted from Hazoff:

Because they know who's really buying these games, Oh and stop hangin out with millenials at bars.

Millennials. With two n's guys. Don't make me turn this into a spelling/grammar thread again.

Luv ya both!

#468 4 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

I realistically think this is what it’s going to be, which would be great. But... what about Brian Eddy??

If Brian Eddy does TMNT after Elvira that would be perfect. I havent had any interest in 2019 releases so far and I have no interest in Elvira. I might grab a Deadpool soon if I'm not into the next release. It has started to grow on me.

#469 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If Brian Eddy does TMNT after Elvira that would be perfect.

Jaws or 007 were the rumored games for a while. Either of those would be fine. Really interested in a new Brian Eddy game, but TMNT would be automatic non-buy.

#470 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Jaws or 007 were the rumored games for a while.

Eddy doing Jaws and Elwin doing 007 would be great, Jurrasic World does nothing for me but its a good theme for pinball. Hopefully they bypass the movies outside of the name as much as possible. Dinos are great but call outs and movies clips = Bad TMNT? come on man.

#471 4 years ago

There is a theme park not far from me. It has about 7pins if memory serves. The Data East Tmnt is always the busy game surrounded by kids.

#472 4 years ago

....and that game SUCKS

#473 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There is a theme park not far from me. It has about 7pins if memory serves. The Data East Tmnt is always the busy game surrounded by kids.

2 things
    wheres the theme park in Hamilton? and who cares what game the kids play. Just saying that means nothing.

#474 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

2 things
    wheres the theme park in Hamilton? and who cares what game the kids play. Just saying, that means nothing.

Marine land. 30min away. I was pointing out that Tmnt is an operators dream is all. Who cares what Hazoff is playing? Hes just one guy. Just saying that means nothing
    It's not a dream theme for me but I really like the idea and I think it would be an earner.

#475 4 years ago

Also, cant take credit for this but it sounds too cool. A 4ball mb where you then have to lock all balls to get "ninja vanish"

#476 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Who cares what Hazoff is playing? Hes just one guy. Just saying that means nothing

Well I can't argue with that.

Everyone loves Marineland. Man I haven't been there since grade school. Maybe its time for a visit.

#477 4 years ago

So when can we except an announcement; not need to know the title? Someone must have some insight news?

#478 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm not really arguing against your suggestion because there's obviously some interest from the younger hobbyists for something theyre familiar with. I just think the demographics of the people buying pins is clearly in the 40 plus crowd, so that's where most (not all) of the money lies.
    And like I said before, I really dont think it's going to matter in about 10 years from now what manufacturers do because theyll be irrelevant.
    It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out and to see which direction Stern and JJP go over the next few years.

#479 4 years ago

See TWIP for more details.

It's going to have an upper flipper for sure and be story based.

And soon.....

Bring on JW.

#480 4 years ago
    Quoted from pninja005:

So when can we except an announcement; not need to know the title? Someone must have some insight news?

sometime in the next month.

Honestly with the reality that WONKA is VERY good (based on all the reviews from the majority that have played it; me included), I am really surprised that Stern is not at minimum letting some more leak to try and steal sales and thunder.

WONKA newer price point with a fully featured game that is damn fun is for sure taking dollars. Stern would be smart to get some news out ASAP/ to coincide with Jack Danger streaming Wonka.

#481 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I can't argue with that.
    Everyone loves Marineland. Man I haven't been there since grade school. Maybe its time for a visit.

It got a bad rap for a while because of some disgruntled ex employees. I hadn't been in decades but took my son last summer. It is still a great family park.

#482 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Honestly with the reality that WONKA is VERY good (based on all the reviews from the majority that have played it; me included), I am really surprised that Stern is not at minimum letting some more leak to try and steal sales and thunder.

WONKA newer price point with a fully featured game that is damn fun is for sure taking dollars. Stern would be smart to get some news out ASAP/ to coincide with Jack Danger streaming Wonka.

Its because theres isn't any thunder at all sir, and Stern couldn't care less regarding JJP sales. Man this crap again?

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Its because theres isn't any thunder at all sir, and Stern couldn't care less regarding JJP sales. Man this crap again?

I agree with this. I think JJP is awesome, but I don't think Stern does anything to react or 'steal thunder' from any other pin manufactures. They announce and release when they feel ready to do so.

#484 4 years ago

With an apparent 1000+ Wonkas already sold, great fan fare of those playing it, the fact that JJP apparently has already delivered over 200 games in a short time, the next batches appear just around the corner...

I think you would be crazy to think that Stern is not concerned with ALL of their competitors.

We are looking at a 2000-2500 game production year from JJP in 2019.
    Spooky is on track to make 500 games per year every year going forward
    CGC is making at least 1500 games per year and will do so for the likely future.

that is at least 28 MILLION in sales for 2019.

I am pretty sure Stern is smart enough to care about that kind of money.

Hell, even if those estimates are cut in half... Stern still should care.

These other companies are taking more and more market share every year. When the market softens, they are still going to take those numbers and are much more agile due to size.

I really dont understand why anyone would ever think they are not concerned.

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That couldn't be further from the truth. Every JJP sale is one leas sale for Stern. If JJP has sold to date say 10,000 pins at an average price of $8500 that's $85 million in sales. That's not a small chunk of change and I'm sure Stern would prefer to have a part of it.

JJP is a serious competitor for Stern, it's time to accept that.

#486 4 years ago

Wasn't Gary a silent partner in JJP?

#487 4 years ago

Seems like a perfect time to put out a Vault of something people have been wanting, that would steal a little bit of thunder.

#488 4 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Seems like a perfect time to put out a Vault of something people have been wanting, that would steal a little bit of thunder.

Hello, LotR Spike edition!

#489 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP is a serious competitor for Stern, it's time to accept that.

Another delusional JJP fanboy. I would accept it and be happy for JJP if I thought it was true but its crap and wishful thinking from the same samll group. Ok fine Wonka is a serious threat to Stern and they should announce there next pin now, it needs to be feature packed and a great theme otherwise they are finished. See how stupid that sounds?

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I really dont understand why anyone would ever think they are not concerned.

I don't understand why anyone would care, who cares if JJP steals Sterns thunder or vice versa? Why is it so important to certain folk that Stern be aware of JJP sales, please explain?

#491 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I would accept it and be happy for JJP if I thought it was true but its crap

ok, if it is crap... then at least lay out your proposed ideas for the numbers?

How many games is Stern selling in 2018? 2019?
    Average price and total gross?

Same for JJP.

I am genuinely curious what you think sales are and at what % of market does JJP become a player in pinball.

#492 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't understand why anyone would care, who cares if JJP steals Sterns thunder or vice versa? Why is it so important to certain folk that Stern be aware of JJP sales, please explain?

I dont care on a personal level 1 bit. Pinball is a hobby to talk about.

As an outsider on a business level, it seems really apparent to me that Stern is obviously paying attention to JJP/Spooky/CGC and correctly so as they are taking potential $ out of the pinball buyer market.

#493 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am genuinely curious what you think sales are and at what % of market does JJP become a player in pinball.

I don't care what sales are, I couldn't care less if JJP over throws Stern in sales and Stern goes under as a result or if JJP folds tomorow. I just love to play pinball and to come on this site to aggravate people but pinball is a small part of my world.

#494 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

and to come on this site to aggravate people

I did not realize that is all you were doing.

Thought we were having an actual discussion (I think it can be fun to discuss these sort of business things in the hobby). Ill stop wasting my time replying to you.

#495 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

As an outsider on a business level, it seems really apparent to me that Stern is obviously paying attention to JJP/Spooky/CGC and correctly so as they are taking potential $ out of the pinball buyer market.

Yeah but snow with all the comments I make, many are stupid and insulting thats a given but I've never made a comment about a concern for any of these companies in terms of sales and u have many times thusly I don't have to explain anything I would like to know why u care?

#496 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont care on a personal level 1 bit. Pinball is a hobby to talk about.

It's not a zero-sum game. The market is growing. It's fine that JJP is taking market share from Stern, because Stern is still seeing large growth overall as the industry leader.

Stern isn't going to overreact JJP getting some Wonka's out the door after watching them tread water for several years. (I'm sure they appreciate JJP for experimenting with how much you can jack up the price in the base/premium/LE model)

I really don't think Stern is worried about Spooky. 500 games a year is just not worth much thought. Stern can sell about that many LE's 4x a year.

I think Stern isn't concerned with JJP and Spooky because of the mixed opinion of operators and their build quality. Plus it's just hard to beat the price on a Stern Pro. (Sure Stern has their own build quality issues too, but the perception is different for most people).

I think Stern should be concerned with CGC though. They're cranking out classic games that people love for a decent price. If I see a lineup full of new pinballs, it's going to be mostly Stern and with some CGC.

American Pinball. I'm writing their name just to prove I didn't forget about them. Just not worth talking about.

#497 4 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also, cant take credit for this but it sounds too cool. A 4ball mb where you then have to lock all balls to get "ninja vanish"

Love it! Come on let’s see TMNT!

#498 4 years ago
    Quoted from pninja005:

Wasn't Gary a silent partner in JJP?

No.

LTG : )

#499 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

The market is growing

They better sell fast, I heard pinball is dead in 10 years...heard it on pinside which is always reliable

#500 4 years ago

Gary has proven to be a wise and maybe shrewd businessman. Wise businessmen understand that competition is a threat and always have strategies to compete. Just look at how aggressive Williams was with Capcom. Gary knows what homepin, suncoast and all the others players are doing, and he is likely mostly concerned with JJP's new lower pricing move. Should he announce to steal sales? Hell yes. His primary advantage is number of titles per year and pricing, both of which would take away from Wonka sales. I'm assuming there is some other factor at play...

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/10?hl=head_boss_hog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.