Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,362 posts
  • 344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.gif
    1FC613F8-B795-423A-A26F-A1FB88000D08 (resized).jpeg
    BD3329FA-1AFB-4902-B811-8A7BBAC4D66F.jpeg
    waf (resized).jpg
    913305B7-F7CB-4A60-B13C-D013E5BD786E.jpeg
    TheHomer (resized).png
    5D897299-BB3E-4372-A7F4-085917360B45 (resized).jpeg
    A5F5013C-22C8-403D-B404-5169633335B4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Stern hurt you (resized).jpg
    rec.gif
    200.gif
    Screenshot_20190719-062816_Twitch (resized).jpg
    B9ADD20A-6042-4EDC-8626-F4CEE83B368F (resized).jpeg
    76D5C515-06BC-4631-982F-0EB5CF763AD2 (resized).jpeg
    dq (resized).png

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
    #1 4 years ago

So what is it going to be and when do you think we will see it?

Appears Elvira 3 is the October/Expo release (presumed to be BM66 type model/ premium pricing)
    So what is coming and when for the next core title?

#2 4 years ago
    #3 4 years ago

Well as of today it’s officially summer. Release the shit Stern!

#4 4 years ago

My guess July. Don't know inside details so anyones guess.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Appears Elvira 3 is the October/Expo release (presumed to be BM66 type model/ premium pricing)

Why do you think Elvira will have Kapow pricing

#6 4 years ago

I’m guessing July - Jurassic World

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’m guessing July - Jurassic World

I so hope it's Jurassic World instant buy for me would love to have it besides my other two JP pinball machines.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

My guess July. Don't know inside details so anyones guess.

july makes sense for timing.

#9 4 years ago

any insider info on likely designer or coder?

Is Elwin up in rotation again?

Some new or returning old school 90s designer?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I so hope it's Jurassic World instant buy for me would love to have it besides my other two JP pinball machines.

Me too! For some reason I need a third JP in my lineup.

#11 4 years ago

Definitely a buy for me too, so long as it looks good. Drives me crazy, stern sometimes makes amazing pins and other times makes awful pins.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

any insider info on likely designer or coder?
    Is Elwin up in rotation again?
    Some new or returning old school 90s designer?

I think Bryan Eddy was rumored for code?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If it’s BM66 pricing, Stern should be ready to sell about 3 of them. Demand for another Elvira is already suspect from what I can see.

#14 4 years ago

Aren’t we due for another Vault?

#15 4 years ago

We had heard down here, months ago in Florida, from reliable sources, that it was Jurassic World. Speculatively, also that it could be designed by Keith Elwin.

#16 4 years ago

Hard to believe it has been 2 months since BKSOR release

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

2.5? correct?

Announced around April 1. First public showing was April 12/ MGC

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I feel like BK SoR sales aren't going well?

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

My exact thoughts.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

2.5? correct?
    Announced around April 1. First public showing was April 12/ MGC

Yes .

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Aren’t we due for another Vault?

I think vaults are really more of a "get it ready and drop it when you have a dud and need some sales"

My understanding is 3 main titles each year, 1 vault, 1 boutique.

EV3 I assume is boutique but I really hope for standard PRO.

Quoted from usandthem:

If it’s BM66 pricing, Stern should be ready to sell about 3 of them. Demand for another Elvira is already suspect from what I can see.

That is my guess since a KaPow game (from what I understand)

#22 4 years ago

I so hope not. When was the last time Stern broke the mold on a mech? JP/JW needs a dope mech to interact with the ball. Not a raptor on a spring to bounce around.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

BKSOR appears to be selling at approx 50% of what MUN has.
    and MUN seems to be at about 50% of what DP has.

#24 4 years ago

I would think that if Stern is smart and ready, then they will be announcing as soon as the first run of Wonka leaves the factory?

That would be smart business. Once WONKA hits on route then I see lots of people liking it and wanting it (both for route and home), so Stern would be smart to try and stem that competition by giving people another option and trying to steal hype.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

More likely inline with BK pricing

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would think that if Stern is smart and ready, then they will be announcing as soon as the first run of Wonka leaves the factory?
    That would be smart business. Once WONKA hits on route then I see lots of people liking it and wanting it (both for route and home), so Stern would be smart to try and stem that competition by giving people another option and trying to steal hype.

I doubt stern would hit that deadline. It looks like the Wonka runs will be leaving/shipping in time for Pintastic in a week.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I doubt stern would hit that deadline. It looks like the Wonka runs will be leaving/shipping in time for Pintastic in a week.

well... paid in full here and no word on shipping yet.

Does not mean it wont come today... but...

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

That is my guess since a KaPow game (from what I understand)

Elvira isn't Kapow is it? - it's Nordman/Freres like Whoa Nellie. Did they work with Kaminkow on the licensing?

#29 4 years ago

Look at Whoa/Primus/PBR pricing for what you get is the same as a Kapow title price ratio wise.

#30 4 years ago

I can’t imagine Stern is really all that worried about Wonka. The layout looks interesting but the theme is crap and the code looked fairly boring.

#31 4 years ago

A buddy of mine talked to Nordman a while back and he mentioned that the game is loaded with stuff and that he didn't design a Pro model. I'd anticipate that it will be at least $7500 street price if I had to guess.

#32 4 years ago

E3, Been in the design for what seems like eternity. Hopefully it pans out well.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Appears Elvira 3 is the October/Expo release and presumed to be BM66 type model/ premium pricing.

Then I will be out. However, I think your presumption is incorrect.

Quoted from JY64:

More likely inline with BK pricing

Then I will be in.

Quoted from MikeS:

A buddy of mine talked to Nordman a while back and he mentioned that the game is loaded with stuff and that he didn't design a Pro model. I'd anticipate that it will be at least $7500 street price if I had to guess.

If truly loaded with stuff then I will still be in.

#34 4 years ago

if elvira 3 is coming out soon i would be in only if:

lyman codes it (dwight or ropp is a never buy for me now)
    pricing is like a normal stern

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I can’t imagine Stern is really all that worried about Wonka. The layout looks interesting but the theme is crap and the code looked fairly boring.

I hardly doubt stern is worried about JJP. But, that doesn't mean they wouldn't try to steal some thunder. It's just good business sense.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I hardly doubt stern is worried about JJP. But, that doesn't mean they wouldn't try to steal some thunder. It's just good business sense.

Stern for sure worries about JJP. Why would you not worry about one of your largest competitors?
    Moreso assuming they really put out 2 titles this year (and I believe it based on what I have been told).

The clear reality is that the available market for NIB purchasers has slowed and MORE options are out there for the limited # of buyers.

Stern needs another blockbuster and they have not seen one since DP (actually a slow burn) and before that Maiden (and whom really knows if Elwin can strike gold a second time under the new pressures of full production schedule; I think/hope he can).

Quoted from epthegeek:

Elvira isn't Kapow is it? - it's Nordman/Freres like Whoa Nellie. Did they work with Kaminkow on the licensing?

I thought it was? no idea. Honestly I have little interest in EV3 from a theme but if it plays well and has cool mechs then I may be. However not a fan of the premium only model as thus far I have never found a premium I like more than the pro and an extra 2k in the bank

#37 4 years ago

So...

consensus is Jurassic World
    Sometime in June or July?

anything else?

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So...
    anything else?

#39 4 years ago

I would hope for Jaws. Most likely Harry Potter.

LTG : )

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So...
    anything else?

Please god no JP/JW from Stern. Please....

Stranger Things.

They are due for a newer TV theme.

CSI
    The Sopranos
    Wheel of Fortune
    World Poker Tour
    Walking Dead
    GOT

#41 4 years ago

Jaws would be nice being a nice summer fit. Whatever it is
    I hope the playfield doesn't have a magnet with a few numbered
    inserts or letters in front of it!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from busa32927:

if elvira 3 is coming out soon i would be in only if:
    lyman codes it (dwight or ropp is a never buy for me now)
    pricing is like a normal stern

I believe lyman is doing it.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Please god no JP/JW from Stern.

totally agree. Sure try to sneak the Jimmy Buffet clip in there but no thanks.

EDIT: and that's before even having to hear aboot the "barron" PF and every thread covered in dino tears.

#44 4 years ago

I so hope not. When was the last time Stern broke the mold on a mech? JP/JW needs a dope mech to interact with the ball. Not a raptor on a spring to bounce around.

Have you played the new BK SOR the knight mech is a bad ass toy. Stern usually does a hit or miss but I have faith in Elwin if the rumors are true of him designing because Maiden is my favorite game of all time kick ass layout and great coding as a tournament player I love it.

#45 4 years ago

Have you played the new BK SOR the knight mech is a bad ass toy. Stern usually does a hit or miss but I have faith in Elwin if the rumors are true of him designing because Maiden is my favorite game of all time kick ass layout and great coding as a tournament player I love it.

Balls spin around, shield goes up and down. What so great? The flail is just a huge spinner with balls on the end. The shield is a rising target like that of Stargate's guards that rise.

The last mech that I was impressed with was Keith's captive ball for Maiden. I like that you can hit that newton ball in its normal state. Hit it with a ball inside. Hit it and knock the ball out. Its a very cool toy in my opinion. Stern doesnt make new mechs at all any more as far as I can tell. Im sure its expensive, but its what we need. Innovation.

Im really into locking balls and then them doing something. I wish there was a mech that incorporated BBB's captive balls with a locking mechanism. That way you could define certain parameters based on where the balls are when you release them for multiball.

For Jaws it would be cool if you locked the balls in his mouth representing the barrels, and then he lowers or something and you can knock the balls out one by one increasing multiplier or whatever with how ever many are released.

Lots of cool stuff that can be done that hasnt been touched on yet. I hope deep root can actually wow us one day. Really high hopes there...

#46 4 years ago

Balls spin around, shield goes up and down. What so great? The flail is just a huge spinner with balls on the end. The shield is a rising target like that of Stargate's guards that rise.
    The last mech that I was impressed with was Keith's captive ball for Maiden. I like that you can hit that newton ball in its normal state. Hit it with a ball inside. Hit it and knock the ball out. Its a very cool toy in my opinion. Stern doesnt make new mechs at all any more as far as I can tell. Im sure its expensive, but its what we need. Innovation.
    Im really into locking balls and then them doing something. I wish there was a mech that incorporated BBB's captive balls with a locking mechanism. That way you could define certain parameters based on where the balls are when you release them for multiball.
    For Jaws it would be cool if you locked the balls in his mouth representing the barrels, and then he lowers or something and you can knock the balls out one by one increasing multiplier or whatever with how ever many are released.
    Lots of cool stuff that can be done that hasnt been touched on yet. I hope deep root can actually wow us one day. Really high hopes there...

I don't know I have never seen another game have a Knight mech, that has a flail with two spinning balls that interact with game play and I own a lot of machines and have played many other games. The maiden ball lock is cool on the premium/LE but the average person won't care all they will see is a ball hitting a ball. I agree 100% percent with you on the BBB lock I wish someone would bring that back Sega Godzilla does the same concept and I enjoy it.

#47 4 years ago

We need more rumors...

Like it’s a summer release...

Just HAS to be a David Roth pin the eternally plays Summertime Girls regardless of it even being powered up.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern for sure worries about JJP. Why would you not worry about one of your largest competitors?
    Moreso assuming they really put out 2 titles this year (and I believe it based on what I have been told).
    The clear reality is that the available market for NIB purchasers has slowed and MORE options are out there for the limited # of buyers.
    Stern needs another blockbuster and they have not seen one since DP (actually a slow burn) and before that Maiden (and whom really knows if Elwin can strike gold a second time under the new pressures of full production schedule; I think/hope he can).

I thought it was? no idea. Honestly I have little interest in EV3 from a theme but if it plays well and has cool mechs then I may be. However not a fan of the premium only model as thus far I have never found a premium I like more than the pro and an extra 2k in the bank

LOL CGC is Sterns biggest competitor not JJP as for hits JJP has not had one since TH

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

LOL CGC is Sterns biggest competitor not JJP as for hits JJP has not had one since TH

typical for you.

such a fan bot basher that you neglect to even follow any data.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/dialed-in/owners
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/the-hobbit/owners
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/wizard-of-oz/owners

Reality is that every JJP game made has sold at likely 3x what Stern sells. The reality is that Stern make 5x the titles on average.

Assuming JJP steps up to 2 games a year then Stern has SERIOUS concern.
    Toss on CGC taking market share
    Spooky while boutique is taking up 500 games a year at current rate
    All the various others... they all add up and if you think Stern is not concerned then you must think they are stupid as they really better be concerned with it!

#50 4 years ago

MoeJunk is coming

There are 1,362 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-will-be-summer-release and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.