6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by sillyoldelf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th.jpeg
    No.gif

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

NFL or NBA pin making use of the LCD could be really cool....for me and a handful of other sports freaks that also like pinball, not huge numbers there......

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I'd buy a Pearl Jam pin in a heartbeat. They are a much better band than AC/DC or Metallica.

You must be choking! 90's area is not the same and when bands got trendy. The classics will always be remembered from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep. The 72 dolphins were unstoppable. Larry Csonka up the middle for 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Almost never fumbled. 4th and one guaranteed first down. Only other sure thing was Nintendo Techmo Bowl New York Giants. Lawrence Taylor was ridiculous.

Still play Super Tecmo Bowl today and have tournaments. Super is better bec you get at least 8 plays to pick from each down.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Do an NHL pin and I would highly consider it.

I'm not a hockey fan at all, but I think Stern would do well with an NHL pin, assuming the game itself is good. Hundred or so LEs for each of the biggest teams. Blackhawks, Red Wings, who else? I can barely name a third team.

#55 6 years ago

Only two sportsgames i would like is a new fifa world cup, or football general with all cups, leagues, champions league etc.

Or an olympics pin. With as many sports on it as possible.

NBA, ice hockey, american football, baseball..... All boring stop and go sports that none outside the usa is interested in. (Besides a few fanatics in the rest of the world)

#57 6 years ago

I would be all over an nhl pin ! It would sell well up here in Canada for sure .

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

NFL or NBA pin making use of the LCD could be really cool....for me and a handful of other sports freaks that also like pinball, not huge numbers there......

Agreed. Looks like I just found another South Texas pinhead. How cool is that? Thanks, Pinside.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I'm not a hockey fan at all, but I think Stern would do well with an NHL pin, assuming the game itself is good. Hundred or so LEs for each of the biggest teams. Blackhawks, Red Wings, who else? I can barely name a third team.

They'd sell a load of Vancouver Canucks versions. Maple Leaf fans would gobble this up for sure.

#60 6 years ago

I would get the 1917 Seattle Metropolitans LE pin

#61 6 years ago

They key to a successful NHL pin for Stern would be selling LEs through non-pinball outlets, like they did with Metallica's fan club. Surely there are 100+ rich (or at least upper middle class) fans in each of a few major cities that would buy an NHL team LE if it was marketed to them.

#62 6 years ago

Sports related pin-games are a dead theme.

#63 6 years ago

NHL pin would be good. I think it might do well worldwide. A lot of people like hockey in Europe. You could make a soccer pin but you have to have a giant toy that flops every time it gets even nicked by a pinball. You know like real soccer players. They get touched, fall down and then cry.

#64 6 years ago

You'd have more European interest in an NHL pin, I think, than an NFL pin.

But I still think it would fall flat from a sales standpoint.

And the NHL has never really done the best job of marketing themselves to the casual masses (anyone remember the TV gimmicks FOX tried years ago). I could see Bettman being a pain to work with to snag the license.

This is coming from someone who would snap up a Blackhawks themed new pin if one was done right.

Imagine the flippers done up like goalie pads and the "kick" saves to keep the ball in play!

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

OK then how about this....NHL Pin with the choice of your team:
    1) 15 LEs for each team for a total of 450
    2) 50 "Special" LE games. You get the updated back glass for the next five years with a picture of each Stanley Cup Finalist Facing Off.
    Better idea?

Sure, why not. Both hockey fans could buy one.

#66 6 years ago

We need an NHL hockey pin someday please!

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nightstick:

giant toy that flops every time it gets even nicked by a pinball. You know like real soccer players. They get touched, fall down and then cry.

You're looking at it the wrong way . The players are not just athletes but they are also actors preforming for your entertainment. The very best actors are rewarded .The penalty kick is like the oscar of soccer, If a player earns one of those with their acting they can charge more for their next gig.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

We need an NHL hockey pin someday please!

Followed by Arena Football and Major League Soccer pins!!

-Wes

#69 6 years ago

I'm down for a NYR le

#70 6 years ago

Hockey & Basket Ball... I'm out!

#71 6 years ago

They could have the dmd show two players punching each other when you hit the pop bumpers, that would be sweet.

#72 6 years ago

Hell, why not corner yourself, go for Wizard of Oz...oh...wait...

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nightstick:

NHL pin would be good. I think it might do well worldwide. A lot of people like hockey in Europe. You could make a soccer pin but you have to have a giant toy that flops every time it gets even nicked by a pinball. You know like real soccer players. They get touched, fall down and then cry.

Hilarious!

#74 6 years ago

Really though,if they did do a hockey pinball game, it should be called...The Stanley Cup.

Stanley Cup>NHL

#75 6 years ago

I am in for a NHL machine. I do not have any room for another pin without ditching one. I would be ditching one for sure!

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

You'd have more European interest in an NHL pin, I think, than an NFL pin.

Unsure about it. Superbowl recently got some coverage in France. The fact that most Europeans have little interest for sports popular in the US would not necessarily mean no interest for the corresponding Pin. Pinball - for some of us - is (was?) one of the symbols of US culture, so why not associate it with a pure North American theme?
    Baseball is popular in Japan, so why not try to reintroduce pins there that way?

#77 6 years ago

Doubtful you are getting anything better than Bobby Orr as a hockey game anytime soon.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

OK then how about this....NHL Pin with the choice of your team:
    1) 15 LEs for each team for a total of 450
    2) 50 "Special" LE games. You get the updated back glass for the next five years with a picture of each Stanley Cup Finalist Facing Off.
    Better idea?

No thanks.

Better idea? Check one of the 57 current threads.

3 months later
    #79 6 years ago

Ghostbusters will be next. Mr stay puff multiball. 4 proton packs and tk ghost detection meter toys. Light all four proton packs to cross the streams and defeat goza. Slimer two ball multiball. Upper play field for ghost storage and ball locks.

Amazing music, light show and artwork.
    Humour from film. I hope they get the actors to do voices. Could be first LCD game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 109.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside