(Topic ID: 53694)

Next Stern Game after Star Trek - NHL Pin

By eggbert52

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpeg
    No.gif
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

OK then how about this....NHL Pin with the choice of your team:

1) 15 LEs for each team for a total of 450
    2) 50 "Special" LE games. You get the updated back glass for the next five years with a picture of each Stanley Cup Finalist Facing Off.

Better idea?

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

How about it? Would you want it? We haven't had a sports game in forever.
    495 LEs....15 for each team in terms of backglass.

Nice thought but probably never gonna happen.It just makes too much darn sense.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

We haven't had a sports game in forever.

Only four years for Sterns NBA pin.

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Only four years for Sterns NBA pin.
    LTG : )

That wasn't a pin.

#5 10 years ago

An NFL pin with all 32 translites would be cool!!!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

An NFL pin with all 32 translites would be cool!!!

Because...the last one did so well?

#7 10 years ago

There could even be ads for Tinactin on the display to offset the cost of licensing all those team logos on the backglasses!

#8 10 years ago

No. Listening to John Madden makes me want to break things, his voice is annoying, and the theme does nothing for me.

#9 10 years ago

Let's keep football on TV and live at the stadium....don't think we need it on a pin.

#10 10 years ago

I love sports pins. Big Hurt and NBA Fastbreak are at the top of my want list!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

No. Listening to John Madden makes me want to break things, his voice is annoying, and the theme does nothing for me.

I like the madden impersonator comedian guy.

#12 10 years ago

Probably not going to happen. Sports themes are not universal enough (regardless of what sport you pick). That's per Gary Stern himself.

--Luke

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from treibj:

I love sports pins. Big Hurt and NBA Fastbreak are at the top of my want list!

Big Hurt is a cool pin.

--Luke

#14 10 years ago

Also consider that Europe is a huge market for Stern. They won't care about American Football.

#15 10 years ago

Ugg 15 for each team would be a nightmare... Besides Stern already did NFL

#16 10 years ago

I would prefer some more metal! Black Sabbath Pin to go with new album I want I would sell my gf for that! No not really that's just a joke.

#18 10 years ago

Sports themes always seem to let me down as far as pinball. Maybe with using an LCD screen with some Madden'esk animations could be used?

No.gifNo.gif

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Agreed. I college football theme would be cool . . . but again impractical due to how many different art packages people would want.

I would buy an LSU one . . . I'm guessing they could sell maybe 25-50 LSU themed pinball machines. Same with other big football schools like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Arkansas (basically the upper half of the SEC), and 4 or 5 of Big 10 schools (and Notre Dame) would probably sell well . . . but that is a lot of different art packages.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Speak for yourself distributor guy And you thought not having enough Metallica LEs was a big issue. Imagine the Bears and Patriots pins!

I think it would be a nightmare distribution wise.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

I would prefer some more metal! Black Sabbath Pin to go with new album I want I would sell my gf for that! No not really that's just a joke.

I think they need to not go with metal music for the next pin. Bring on 90's alternative rock bands like Pearl Jam or Nirvana for the next music pin before going back to metal again.

#22 10 years ago

It could be like real NFL...anytime you make a shot, the ball will be held in place and the DMD will cut to commercial!!

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

It could be like real NFL...anytime you make a shot, the ball will be held in place and the DMD will cut to commercial!!

LMAO. Then you get a bill from DTV for $299.

#24 10 years ago

Naw. No interest in fake football.

#25 10 years ago

If NBA and NFL are the best that could be done, I'm out. I don't think there would be much of a demand for another sports-themed pin.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

If NBA and NFL are the best that could be done, I'm out. I don't think there would be much of a demand for another sports-themed pin.

There "may" be interest in MMA. That may be the best bet for another sports theme; moderately cutting edge too.

#27 10 years ago

I am guessing maybe and a big maybe Iron Maiden.....they can't ignore the zombie craze (Walking Dead).........Star Wars possibly.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I am guessing maybe and a big maybe Iron Maiden.....

#29 10 years ago

Sega "Madden 93" is still the best.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

85 Bears....Sweetness is a running machine

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Sweetness is a running machine

So is Joe Morris.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I think it would be a nightmare distribution wise.

Distribution would be pretty easy b/c they'd just sit at Stern forever.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

There "may" be interest in MMA. That may be the best bet for another sports theme; moderately cutting edge too.

I've heard that mentioned before. Not a big MMA fan myself, but it does seem to have a following that is growing.

#34 10 years ago

Do an NHL pin and I would highly consider it.

#35 10 years ago

The sound from the machine would be all garbled and make no sense.......just like Madden!

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Do an NHL pin and I would highly consider it.

AMEN and I am not religious!

#37 10 years ago

I think it is pretty obvious from the Facebook post that Superman will be next. Hasn't been done in over 30 years. Very universal theme. Would be popular also if the licensing can be figured out. Think it is a mess at this time. Family lawsuit and all from what I read.

#38 10 years ago

I came here because thread title sounded like information, not "how about it?"

Boo on both counts.

#39 10 years ago

I think it is pretty obvious from the Facebook post that Superman will be next.

Like Spiderman, do you think they will do a black Superman?

th.jpegth.jpeg

#40 10 years ago

I want an NHL pin someday please.

#41 10 years ago

I was just hoping someone would post a pic of that Superman guy OR that Tron guy in the white outfit in this thread. Glad I was not disappointed!

#42 10 years ago

It just hit me: why doesn't Stern or JJP do a pitch and bat pinball that is licensed by MLB. It would make a ton!!

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

It just hit me: why doesn't Stern or JJP do a pitch and bat pinball that is licensed by MLB. It would make a ton!!

I doubt that's going to happen (how well did Slugfest do?), but that would be really cool.

--Luke

#44 10 years ago

no interest in any football or sports themed pin

#45 10 years ago

Sports pins have zero interest for me. It would be a good rest though, can focus on saving money and modding.

I have always wanted a bubble Chexx though. Different animal with a sports theme.

#46 10 years ago

I'm in for this title, as long as the DMD has advertisements for...

- Beer
    - Cars
    - Fast food
    - ED

After all, if I'm playing a NFL-themed pin, I want to feel like I'm getting the true 'viewing' experience!

Michael

#47 10 years ago

I think the NFL pin should have a secret lock-out mode.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they need to not go with metal music for the next pin. Bring on 90's alternative rock bands like Pearl Jam or Nirvana for the next music pin before going back to metal again.

I'd buy a Pearl Jam pin in a heartbeat. They are a much better band than AC/DC or Metallica.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yep. The 72 dolphins were unstoppable. Larry Csonka up the middle for 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Almost never fumbled. 4th and one guaranteed first down. Only other sure thing was Nintendo Techmo Bowl New York Giants. Lawrence Taylor was ridiculous.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I think the NFL pin should have a secret lock-out mode.

Does that mean you would have to give up some of your points to start playing again when the mode begins?

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-game-after-star-trek-madden-25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.