(Topic ID: 137547)

Next Stern after Kiss (teaser)

By pinballwil

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bttfjaws.jpg
    11813530_10207387968727560_8858538479538986015_n.jpg
    407679.jpg
    1.png
    IMG_20150831_162013.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    446487-i.jpg
    20150901_115955-2.jpg
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Only chance of an LE in my house is Muppets

#52 8 years ago

I don't know what this one word answer means.

So I'll be more specific just to be clear: The new 3D animators that they hired created new original 3D animations for Kiss, which were then downrezzed to 128x32 pixels and 16 shades of red.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know what this one word answer means.
    So I'll be more specific just to be clear: The new 3D animators that they hired created new original 3D animations for Kiss, which were then downrezzed to 128x32 pixels and 16 shades of red.

Maybe.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from kell:

Please don't tease... an original cast Ghostbusters may be enough for the wife to allow another pin in the house! Right next to the BttF.

Sorry, I have to be a little cagey with it. If I just relay every bit of info I'm told, nobody will tell me anything again.

I will say that I heard old cast. But again, it's second/third/fourth-hand info, so put whatever faith you want into that. There are pinsiders who know what the actual art is, but I'm not one of them. They are probably laughing at these posts.

#56 8 years ago

The only thing I'm laughing at are the people that say KISS isn't selling well. For its first 4 months, it has outsold every other Stern ever made by a wide margin. There is so much misinformation, wanna-be insiders here, it is laughable.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Only chance of an LE in my house is Muppets

Odds of that are greatly increased considering the new Muppets show is starting up on TV this fall.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

There is so much misinformation, wanna-be insiders here, it is laughable.

Quoted from Baiter:

Odds of that are greatly increased considering the new Muppets show is starting up on TV this fall.

DING DING DING we have a winner lmao.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

The only thing I'm laughing at are the people that say KISS isn't selling well. For its first 4 months, it has outsold every other Stern ever made by a wide margin.

Source?

#60 8 years ago

He was doing this when he heard about it:

#61 8 years ago

It's a white wood for The 40th anniversary for JAWS...
    407679.jpg407679.jpg

#62 8 years ago

It was announced on the factory floor this morning by management.

#63 8 years ago

Got no LCD, Ghostbusters 1 and. 2 with LCD. JT design.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Got no LCD, Ghostbusters 1 and. 2 with LCD. JT design.

So it's not the new Ghostbusters?

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Only one person has said new Ghostbusters, I think every other one of us said old

#66 8 years ago

I'm not real keen on giving up on DMDs. Maybe the pro can come with DMDs and the premium can come with LCDs. Or you could have the option of switching between dots and live footage.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Maybe the pro can come with DMDs and the premium can come with LCDs.

Sounds like when the manufacturers made a game in EM and SS versions.

LTG : )™

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like when the manufacturers made a game in EM and SS versions.
    LTG : )™

Probably because a bunch of old nostalgic people were resistant to change then too.

"But how will we repair them? I normally just adjust a relay stack and now I have to desolder from boards?"

"I bet there is more development cost with solid state than EM"

"Solid state doesn't add anything to the game, its just more expensive"

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

THIS fall doesn't have anything to do with it...and if you want one you'll have plenty of time to save your money...

#70 8 years ago

The should have taken the killer layout for baywatch and rethemed/softwared it for Jaws. I want to see stern use kickers like on baywatch to move the ball around the field and setup fun shots.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

The only thing I'm laughing at are the people that say KISS isn't selling well. For its first 4 months, it has outsold every other Stern ever made by a wide margin. There is so much misinformation, wanna-be insiders here, it is laughable.

No surprise to me at all. May not be the talk of a few hundred active pinheads online but the game rocks and I'm not a KISS fan. The transition from plastic to wire forms on ramps is the smoothest I've ever played. Art is well done I love the black mixed with vibrant colors. Initial dots are impressive and the mix of easy/tough shots make it a blast to play the pin sounds great.

My biggest concern so far is if the software team can match how well everything else was done on it. Can't wait for my Premium to arrive please tell Stern to stop making old pins and get their new one on the line I want it yesterday

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I think he might be implying that it's both LE = old and pro = new. Like the did on WWE maybe? One thing I'm pretty sure of is the art on this title will be tight.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I think he might be implying that it's both LE = old and pro = new. Like the did on WWE maybe? One thing I'm pretty sure of is the art on this title will be tight.

I'm not seeing how they can integrate old and new in the same game. In other words cabinet/translite art with the original characters but the playfield, modes and animations based on the new would make for a less than seamless integration. If they go all generic, not referencing any part of the movies in gameplay, it might work.

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

MY bet is GOT, SMVE, JW by Trudeau. Trudeau at the Texas show in the spring said he was working on a title scheduled for release at the end of the year that he really likes the theme. So he has a game coming in about 3-4 months which I think will be JW.

I was with Trudeau at Kennywood amusement park the day before ReplayFX. While he wouldn't tell me the theme he is doing, he did tell me it is the first one he has done at Stern that he likes.. Mustang and Wrestlemania are not as popular in Europe... J. Trudeau is such a great guy to talk to about the industry.

11813530_10207387968727560_8858538479538986015_n.jpg11813530_10207387968727560_8858538479538986015_n.jpg

#75 8 years ago

If Trudeau has a game coming in time for the end of this year then where does that put the next Steve Ritchie game release-wise? It seems like if it weren't in the next month then it'd be releasing abnormally close to Trudeau's next game (unless it were coming even later, which would be surprising as well).

#76 8 years ago

Basically the same logic that people were using to say that ST was going to be Sterns first pin with an LCD.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Basically the same logic that people were using to say that ST was going to be Sterns first pin with an LCD.

We can't be burned twice, can we?

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

If Trudeau has a game coming in time for the end of this year then where does that put the next Steve Ritchie game release-wise? It seems like if it weren't in the next month then it'd be releasing abnormally close to Trudeau's next game (unless it were coming even later, which would be surprising as well).

SR Game is very soon, Trudeau game would be December/January

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

SR Game is very soon, Trudeau game would be December/January

Based on speculation I heard in another thread I'm gonna put in my guesses now: GoT from Ritchie up next, Rocky Horror from Trudeau after that, and then Jurassic Something from Borg next spring.

Total guesses here, only time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

#80 8 years ago

Jaws ..... "You're going to need a bigger wallet"

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from BillPinball:

Jaws ..... "You're going to need a bigger wallet"

It will be Stern's new wide-body segment ....
    "You're gonna need a bigger basement !"

or

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the game room..."
    bttfjaws.jpgbttfjaws.jpg

Or perhaps Stern will take us back to the future

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Based on speculation I heard in another thread I'm gonna put in my guesses now: GoT from Ritchie up next, Rocky Horror from Trudeau after that, and then Jurassic Something from Borg next spring.
    Total guesses here, only time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Bam. Call one down. Will return to this thread around CES time to see if call two ends up being right as well.

#83 8 years ago

Its there now , so this tread may close.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-after-kiss/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.