(Topic ID: 137547)

Next Stern after Kiss (teaser)

By pinballwil

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bttfjaws.jpg
    11813530_10207387968727560_8858538479538986015_n.jpg
    407679.jpg
    1.png
    IMG_20150831_162013.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    446487-i.jpg
    20150901_115955-2.jpg
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Watch the last Second of the kiss video.
    John Borg annouces the next Stern.

20150901_115955-2.jpg20150901_115955-2.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Is this meant to be a video?

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from DMC:

Is this meant to be a video?

Blink and you'll miss

#4 8 years ago

What Kiss video?

#5 8 years ago

What did he say in the video ?

#6 8 years ago

Wow that's amazing

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

What did he say in the video ?

John Borg said in the kiss video
    "This is the next stern".

#8 8 years ago

It's game of thrones. Being announced this week

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

LCD? Really utilize the new system or rehash?

#10 8 years ago

All my info says no LCD, but I'm open to the idea that my sources are wrong. Guess we will see within a couple of days.

#11 8 years ago

Thinking you're half right

Quoted from lllvjr:

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

All my info says no LCD, but I'm open to the idea that my sources are wrong. Guess we will see within a couple of days.

That's what I heard too. Sounds like they were going to try and push the LCD on this one but need more time to develop the LCD to the system. It will happen eventually, just not on GoT.

#13 8 years ago

that looks like a kiss whitewood in your picture
    maybe you could link the video you are referencing?

#14 8 years ago

Look on youtube.
    stern pinball the making of kiss pinball.

Watch the end as the screen goes black.
    Then you see John Borg talking.

#15 8 years ago

This appears at the very very end of the Stern making of video. AFTER the mediahouse credit.

Borg says something like "The next stern lineup is..."and then it cuts.

That being said I really think that this is the Kiss whitewood. The insert layout is nearly identical.

#16 8 years ago

Looks like a metallica logo under his hand there.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

that looks like a kiss whitewood in your picture
    maybe you could link the video you are referencing?

Kiss has 1 insert more above the flippers.
    Ore this is a kiss proto that has changed.

Stern pinball the making of kiss pinball on youtube.

#19 8 years ago

Inserts don't look the same to me

446487-i.jpg446487-i.jpg

kiss.jpgkiss.jpg

#20 8 years ago

I thought the same thing, but it's a whitewood. That area could have easily changed. Plus the flashers on the slingshots are exactly the same, and the left return lane looks the same.

#21 8 years ago

No LCD on GoT is a huge loss, I think. With all the visuals they could have used there, it would have had a chance to out-Hobbit TH. (Although I still think TH is a gorgeous machine.) Really unfortunate - but if it's a DMD, I hope Randy at Color DMD does something wonderful with it...and quickly!

#22 8 years ago

Its a Metallica apron and a kiss proto playfield i think.
    Stern is teasing us.

#23 8 years ago

I have no time for this crap.
    For now i stick to my one machine.

IMG_20150831_162013.jpgIMG_20150831_162013.jpg

#24 8 years ago

Yeah, that's the Kiss whitewood. Look at this capture from the original Kiss announce video - it's clear that insert positions changed. The final layout of the arrows pointing at the backstage pass scoop is different from this picture.

1.png1.png

#25 8 years ago

2 lower flippers, 2 slings 3 inlanes, some inserts... looks like every game Stern has made.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

2 lower flippers, 2 slings 3 inlanes, some inserts... looks like every game Stern has made.

Usually people don't start saying that a new layout is a ripoff of an old one until it's released.

#27 8 years ago

Of course LCD on GOT. Why else would Ritchie have been out of rotation for so long? Borg and Traduea have both made two games since Star Trek.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Of course LCD on GOT. Why else would Ritchie have been out of rotation for so long? Borg and Traduea have both made two games since Star Trek.

Do you have any info to support that? There are a lot of reliable people saying no LCD.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Do you have any info to support that? There are a lot of reliable people saying no LCD.

Simple logic.

#30 8 years ago

Kiss is nothing special. I played it for an hour and it is the same old shit rehashed.

#31 8 years ago

so nothing?

#32 8 years ago

I think you are wrong.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think you are wrong.

I know the two guys that Stern hired for video assets that they announced a couple of months back have actually been employed for a year.

Take that, plus Ritchie's extreme rotation as you will.

#34 8 years ago

I really hope we see an LCD, but I am not getting my hopes up at all about it.

#35 8 years ago

I know the two guys that Stern hired for video assets that they announced a couple of months back have actually been employed for a year.

I still think you are wrong about GoT. Ghostbusters will be the first LCD.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ghostbusters will be the first LCD.

nope.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I still think you are wrong about GoT. Ghostbusters will be the first LCD.

HAHA!

Hopefully with original cast as an LE!

#38 8 years ago

Video assets could still mean dots.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Kiss is nothing special. I played it for an hour and it is the same old shit rehashed.

Cancelled my order after playing it a bit. Wanted to continue the rock thing but its just not doing it for me. After receiving Full Throttle I am going to have hard time buying the other same old , same old.

#40 8 years ago

HAHA!

Or even more hopefully, the original cast as every edition

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Cancelled my order after playing it a bit. Wanted to continue the rock thing but its just not doing it for me. After receiving Full Throttle I am going to have hard time buying the other same old , same old.

Yeah, I was hoping to add a third rock machine to the collection and thought KISS would be a no-brainer. Played it and it just wasn't giving me that "must own" vibe. I wanted some kind of huge wow factor. Will wait a bit longer and see how code develops. This is why I am hoping Game of Thrones has the lcd. Surely after all this development time?

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Video assets could still mean dots.

No. They are for video, not converting video to dots, which Stern can already do with existing staff.

#43 8 years ago

No. They are for video, not converting video to dots, which Stern can already do with existing staff.

And yet those guys did just that for Kiss. So it doesn't really mean anything in and of itself.

#44 8 years ago

GOT would be a great game to transition to an LCD on. Many hrs of footage to choose from. It will be a huge missed opportunity if it does not have an LCD. The next rumored games of JW and GB do not have near the footage to use.

Stern has been making a lot of great games but it's time for them to move forward. The spike system is a nice start but doesn't really do much for the customer. I think KISS is selling OK but it's certainly does not seem to be the home run everyone thought it might be.

#45 8 years ago

Cool video. I love the way the game shoots...totally agree with Borg. I know he's biased, but it's one of the best shooting Stern's in my lineup. Smooth, nice mix of tough/easy shots.

It's depressing to see some of the high-res footage that they are converting to dots. The LGMB flying ball animation would be so much cooler if the actual live concert video were playing. The low-res conversion is so abstract, that I'd be surprised if anyone could tell you what it represents outside the game.

Now that Stern appears more interested in selling mods (topper, armor, etc.), I hope they consider selling LCD's for the first set of SPIKE pins that weren't lucky enough to be developed in step with the upcoming/enabling LCD software. If KISS had color, high-res, live concert footage it would AWESOME. If they sell 3-5k KISS pins, could be a nice revenue boost for them...

#46 8 years ago

Whatever happened to Jurrasic World as the next pin?

#47 8 years ago

If the info I've heard is true, you won't be disappointed.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Whatever happened to Jurrasic World as the next pin?

MY bet is GOT, SMVE, JW by Trudeau. Trudeau at the Texas show in the spring said he was working on a title scheduled for release at the end of the year that he really likes the theme. So he has a game coming in about 3-4 months which I think will be JW.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If the info I've heard is true, you won't be disappointed.

Please don't tease... an original cast Ghostbusters may be enough for the wife to allow another pin in the house! Right next to the BttF.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

And yet those guys did just that for Kiss. So it doesn't really mean anything in and of itself.

Nope.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-after-kiss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.